Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by Netopalis »

So did he.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Magnus wrote:A good reason for doing it is because I'm going to assume that you answered the worst possible way if you don't.
Another good reason is that I'll actually explain myself if you do.
Another good reason is that I'll be able to tell your alignment.
Ok then... I'd better hear a good explanation for this... Anyway, I would probably kill Forbs if I was an SK. She seems the most pro town to me :Shrugs:

Also, you know me. I'm Integra. as said D1.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

first off, I'd say you're both wrong, since to an sk, self preservation is most important, so killing scum is a higher priority than killing town.

Second off, you both answered the same person, and gave similar reasons.

alright, so
1. Since you both answered the same person, DB does not get the same vibes as net, since he could merely be copying to avoid damage.
2. Since both of you answered from a position of how it would hurt the town, its likely that you're town, because as an sk you'd probably be more concerned about scum nking you than eliminating townies.
3. So, you both give of town vibes. Nets are much stronger since he answered first. I'm confident net's not an sk now. DB, not so much, due to the timing of his answer and everything.
still its enough for me to stop worrying about an sk and go back to pushing a shotty lynch.

however, I admit I still retain some doubts about DB's roleclaim. It seems like a worthless role, and Kai would never include a worthless role in the game, at least, I don't think he would. Further, my role pm doesn't explicitly mention that I'm a vampire, which I think it should if such a role existed...

Still his answer denotes pro-townness since it is town-centric, which was what I was looking for. An sk's mindset would probably be concerned with killing scum, but both reactions dealt primarily with how the actions effect town, as opposed to from the sk's position.

well, I'll go back to pushing shotty for now.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, you know me. I'm Integra. as said D1.
Yep, unfortunately not who I was looking for :(
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Netopalis »

Right. As much as I appreciate your clearance, Magnus, I fail to see how that clears anybody. I've never played as Serial Killer, but it would seem to me that good scum hunters or people that the town feels are most likely not SKs or Mafia are more than valid targets. An SK who goes around killing everybody who suspects them is going to end up dead really quickly, because it will soon grow obvious exactly what is going on.

Also, I understand in many games that SKs are NK-immune in order to give them a better chance? Not sure on that point - again, never played a game with them before.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm Seres Victoria.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Netopalis »

Interesting...So, someone's actually claiming Seras....

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:57 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Netopalis wrote:Right. As much as I appreciate your clearance, Magnus, I fail to see how that clears anybody. I've never played as Serial Killer, but it would seem to me that good scum hunters or people that the town feels are most likely not SKs or Mafia are more than valid targets. An SK who goes around killing everybody who suspects them is going to end up dead really quickly, because it will soon grow obvious exactly what is going on.

Also, I understand in many games that SKs are NK-immune in order to give them a better chance? Not sure on that point - again, never played a game with them before.
I have played as an sk. I've never been in a game with a nk-immune sk.
Trust me, you want scum dead. Anything that can kill you that you can''t influence, you want dead.
Show
Win-Loss
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Chaco »

Netopalis wrote:Interesting...So, someone's actually claiming Seras....
Why's that a problem?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Netopalis »

Because my working theory has been that all natural vampires are scum. Seras Victoria is a natural vampire.

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:08 am

Post by magnus_orion »

I thought Zorin Blitz was a natural vampire...
Show
Win-Loss
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Netopalis »

Yeah, you're right....there goes that theory. Unless you're scum too and Alucard is the SK.

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Interesting...So, someone's actually claiming Seras....
I find it interesting as well

But carry on. I'm listening to Cool, The World Without Logos now and don't want to be interrupted.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:17 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

I'm Alucard and my name claim will probably require a full-claim since everyone thinks it's an SK role, /sigh.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:27 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm Alucard and my name claim will probably require a full-claim since everyone thinks it's an SK role, /sigh.

Unvote, Vote Shotty to the Body

HE CLAIMED IT! FUCK YES! HE CLAIMED EXACTLY WHO I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Let's get into details!

I am Shroedinger, the Poison. After my ability failed, I was given special information. My ability was a suicide bomb mission. Basically, I was looking for Alucard. I KNOW that he is not working with the town.

Yes, odds are he's an SK. But I have mod confirmation he is anti town.

For all you flavor dudes out there, I'm sure you understand why I'd be the person who could take out Alucard, right? I won't post spoilers.
-StrangerCoug

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 am

Uh yeah, I'm doing a Hellsing marathon atm. I'm at ep 4. No spoilers plzkthx.

Unvote, vote Shotty
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Uh yeah, I'm doing a Hellsing marathon atm. I'm at ep 4. No spoilers plzkthx.
The original series doesn't even GET into Millenium. And the OVA is at episode 6, and no where near where my specific events happen, though I've at least appeared there.

It's basically a manga thing that I had unfortunately spoiled for me.
-StrangerCoug

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:30 am

Millenium?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Millenium?
Millennium is (as far as I know) the big bad organization in the manga and the OVA series. The original series diverges greatly at some point IIRC.

It still has the coolest OP ever.
-StrangerCoug

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Netopalis »

The original series changed writers at around episode 9, I believe. It changes during the part with the Valentine Bros.

Unvote, Vote: Shotty to the Body

Just a confirmation of my earlier suspicions.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:48 am

Netopalis wrote:My Case on Shotty:

The following tells are visible within his game. Analysis on each will follow, but I think it is worthwhile to keep these categories in mind while examining his play.

The tells:
Fluff posting
Advocating someone else's lynch after Looker claimed
Exonerating DB due to Kikuchiyo's play
Nudging without explicitly stating suspicion
Lack of voting

1) Fluff posting:
Personally, looking back over his posts, I think that 12 of his posts are rather fluffy, which is roughly 17%. Not a huge number, but certainly worth considering.

2) Advocating someone else's lynch after Looker claimed
Once Looker claimed, the town should have pretty much dropped what they were doing and lynched him as a claimed scum. Shotty advocated lynching Saber instead and vigging Looker. Three possible scum motivations:

a) Brownie points on bussing Saber/ABR if they flip scum - it'll look as if he unnecessarily bussed a partner when in all actuality, he knew that partner was going to get lynched on day 2 if not day 1 (at the time).

b) Wanting to avoid being a driving force behind a townie lynch and thus avoid suspicion.

c) Wanting to get rid of my vig on someone that he knows isn't scum.

3) Several times he tries to exonerate DB through Kikuchiyo's attitude towards him and makes a rather weak argument here. If DB flips scum, it's definitely worth examining, especially as his recent posts could be considered an attempt to bus a scum-DB.

4) Nudging without explicitly stating suspicion - Several times - most prominently in a question to ABR today, he will ask someone their thoughts about another player. He doesn't imply suspicion on his own part, nor does he give reasoning, but it could definitely be construed to be him attempting to build suspicion against someone without actually sticking his neck out.

5) Lack of voting - Again, Shotty really has never stuck his neck out or done anything to seriously advance the game one way or another. This is evidenced in his voting pattern. He has only made 4 votes throughout the game, 1 of which was random.

Individually, each of these are weak tells. Altogether, though, I think that they build a reasonably strong case.
1. Neto has 17-18 fluff posts, I lost track, and that was being VERY conservative in what I called fluff, even something with a miniscule amount of content did not count towards that. That gives us some standard of comparison. I'm not really sure how this matters, both scum and town make fluff posts about V/LA, catching up, a joke or whatever, and anything else during the course of a game.

2. Lol, I'm pretty sure several people considered vigging instead of lynching since Looker could easily have been a Jester, it makes no sense for scum to claim.

a. I was the only one pushing his lynch during D2 long after it looked like he was going to be lynched, but I guess you can draw any conclusion you want from that.

b. It's another one of those free-pass situations, the Looker lynch was foregone as soon as he claimed scum it would've been far easier for me as scum to hop that wagon and ride it to the next day. How could I possibly have been seen as the 'driving force' even if I had hopped it?

c. Nothing really to say about this one, it's possible but no way to tell if it's true without my alignment.

3. Exonerate is too strong a term, the case on DB when I said that was pretty bad (I believe you bitched about it for pages) and that evidence made him look less attractive as a lynch to me then ABR.

4. That's a load of bullshit, I asked ABR about his thoughts on a few other players and Neto cried that I had his name in there, in fact I recall he freaked out and was like "WHY DO YOU THINK I'M SCUM?!" when I hadn't even said or implied anything of the sort. Post numbers for the supposed several times please. The one he mentions I asked about four people how could I be implying they were all scum?

5. Lol another load of crap. Just because, unlike you and Doom, my vote isn't a Mexican jumping bean on a hot stove doesn't mean I haven't advanced the game. I left my vote on Saber because he was the scummiest and I pushed that lynch for a long time, bring up discussion about him, myself, Kikuchiyo's posts after she was dead, MO, tell me that didn't help advance the game at all.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:52 am

Dude, it's too late for that. What's your roleclaim?
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 am

forbiddanlight wrote:

Unvote, Vote Shotty to the Body

HE CLAIMED IT! FUCK YES! HE CLAIMED EXACTLY WHO I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Let's get into details!

I am Shroedinger, the Poison. After my ability failed, I was given special information. My ability was a suicide bomb mission. Basically, I was looking for Alucard. I KNOW that he is not working with the town.

Yes, odds are he's an SK. But I have mod confirmation he is anti town.

For all you flavor dudes out there, I'm sure you understand why I'd be the person who could take out Alucard, right? I won't post spoilers.
Hah, this is why mass-claims ruin theme games. What a lame way to be confirmed anti-town. Shrug, its true, but you'll screw yourselves trying to get rid of me through lynching. 8-) I killed Kikuchiyo on N1, so enjoy that.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 am

Meh I was still writing it when she posted all that shit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”