The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Kise »

You know you're getting lynched before this game is over, right? No one has any insanity problems, so your role don't mix like two dix.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by milkshake »

Well, if no one has any insanity problems, then it really doesn't matter if I'm lynched now does it?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Elmo »

The thing is that stark doesn't have actually anything to indicate tubby's cult, as far as I can see. I can't think that tubby-cult would pretty much ask "are you the seeker?" like that, and I don't see how he'd know stark's rolename anyway; we don't actually know there's a cult in the game if he's telling the truth. And I see absolutely no reason tubby's likelier to be the leader than a recruit. Tho, I can't think of a particularly good reason for stark to lie unless he's a lyncher or some third party with an interest in cava. Shrug.

The giver was killed by the "strangling" kill, which has been present each night. If the cult killed the Giver, they have a nightkill. I'd consider the idea that the cult may not be a Mafia Cult.. I have difficulty seeing how a recruiting cult works in a power role game. Having said that, as I said earlier I do think that "throat slit" is likely to be the converter kill, so I'd seriously entertain the idea that someone else strangled her.

Claiming to have hidden behind a dead guy is something of a bigger issue - maybe we're missing the forest for the trees? I would actually be pretty enthusiastic about Battle Mage dying, too.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by tubby216 »

close elmo except nite one when dram claimed to bubble milkshake there was no strangle kill
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by StarKiss »

milkshake wrote:Well, if no one has any insanity problems, then it really doesn't matter if I'm lynched now does it?
So why was your role "created" if it has no purpose?
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

elmo wrote:The giver was killed by the "strangling" kill, which has been present each night. If the cult killed the Giver, they have a nightkill. I'd consider the idea that the cult may not be a Mafia Cult.. I have difficulty seeing how a recruiting cult works in a power role game.
It has crossed my mind that we may have a cult in some form similar to Vi's Mentor role. It is basically a cult with limited recruitment and an NK. It would explain why there was no strangulation on night 1 if it wasn't blocked. It would also explain how a "cult" could fit in with all powerroles.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by milkshake »

So why was your role "created" if it has no purpose?
It wasn't, obviously. I'm sure there are some "utterly insane" targets I should be hitting. In fact a few days (real life days) ago I had the idea that I might be able to function as a psychologist sort of, and I've been thinking that either Saijin or benmage would be fantastic targets.

Who are you, by the way? :P You have any ideas?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

VP Baltar wrote:
elmo wrote:The giver was killed by the "strangling" kill, which has been present each night. If the cult killed the Giver, they have a nightkill. I'd consider the idea that the cult may not be a Mafia Cult.. I have difficulty seeing how a recruiting cult works in a power role game.
It has crossed my mind that we may have a cult in some form similar to Vi's Mentor role. It is basically a cult with limited recruitment and an NK. It would explain why there was no strangulation on night 1 if it wasn't blocked. It would also explain how a "cult" could fit in with all powerroles.
Ok, allow me to play devil's advocate. What is the best fakeclaim for a Cult recruit?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

milkshake wrote:Yes, that's an explanation for why there isn't a cult not an explanation for why Stark wouldn't target PZ...
i guess its misleading to say the main logical flaw is you defending his cult-copping of PZ. The real logical failure, is assuming he is cult-cop in the first place.
It isn't just misleading, it's wrong. :P But it's what you originally said! You thought you could get away with it, is why you said it. ^^
No, kiddo. :P
I'm afraid if you look back, you'll see i corrected myself within the post. Why so desperate to latch onto my chain of thought style posting?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

VP Baltar wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:And that's what a lazy mind will get you kids. :oops:
I'm markedly unimpressed. You think Stark-Cult Cop really believed that PZ could be Cult, who fluked claiming a guilty on a mafia member?

That has to be the stupidest thing i've EVER heard in a mafia game. All the more appalling because someone of your ability is buying into it. 0.o

BM
I'm not saying it was a good night choice, but the explanation is at least plausible.
Haven't you got any experience playing with Stark? I strongly suggest you meta him. Then you will see where i'm coming from. He is scum here, you can bet ur ass on it.
VP Baltar wrote: Much more so than tubby's "I hid with the dead guy and yet here I am because I live in a magical make believe world where a kill resolves before a hide".
This is Tubby lol. You cant try and apply normal rules to him. I wouldnt be surprised if its a fakeclaim, but if it is, he should clarify soon i think. Your suggestion is that the claim is too unbelievable to be true, which just doesnt fly i'm afraid.

Look deeper.

BM

You ready to claim yet?[/quote]
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Elmo wrote:The thing is that stark doesn't have actually anything to indicate tubby's cult, as far as I can see. I can't think that tubby-cult would pretty much ask "are you the seeker?" like that, and I don't see how he'd know stark's rolename anyway; we don't actually know there's a cult in the game if he's telling the truth. And I see absolutely no reason tubby's likelier to be the leader than a recruit. Tho, I can't think of a particularly good reason for stark to lie unless he's a lyncher or some third party with an interest in cava. Shrug.

The giver was killed by the "strangling" kill, which has been present each night. If the cult killed the Giver, they have a nightkill. I'd consider the idea that the cult may not be a Mafia Cult.. I have difficulty seeing how a recruiting cult works in a power role game. Having said that, as I said earlier I do think that "throat slit" is likely to be the converter kill, so I'd seriously entertain the idea that someone else strangled her.

Claiming to have hidden behind a dead guy is something of a bigger issue - maybe we're missing the forest for the trees? I would actually be pretty enthusiastic about Battle Mage dying, too.
When arent you? lmao

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by tubby216 »

cause i am at l-2 and elmo is uncomfortable with hopping on a scum driven wagon.

just cause i am retarded it does not make me scum
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

BM, let me know when you are going to stop coming up with every possible excuse for tubby and his horribad claim. Then after that feel free to claim. Mass claim is already well underway and I see no reason for you to continue stalling.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by milkshake »

I'm afraid if you look back, you'll see i corrected myself within the post. Why so desperate to latch onto my chain of thought style posting?
First of all, I
quoted
the part of your
second
post where you corrected yourself. And your correction is logical, the first thing you said was not. Here is the first thing you said, it's what we were actually talking about:
Stark should answer this. But your explanation for him targetting PZ is illogical- about as illogical as having a cult in a game where everyone has a power role. xD lol

BM
You do not correct yourself within this post, and had I not pointed it out, you wouldn't have said anything, which is what I was talking about in my post. So while I agree with your correction, don't try to move it backwards in time. :P

Second... I've just been exchanging posts with both you and benmage and I have to say it is really annoying how you have very similar names, and you both make a bazillion posts in a row (which sometimes obfuscates your points), and neither of you have avatars. I'm not usually picky but I was extremely confused between the two of you for a little while. It was super annoying. :evil: :P

And way more importantly: Why aren't either of you claiming? Should we just get on with lynching tubby, and then proceed to the (in my opinion obvious) other lynches?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Kise »

Milkshake, are you supposed to be able to cure the serial killer/psychopath?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 am

Post by stark »

I was going to post last night, but I was really tired, so I'm posting this now. This is going to be tldr, so I apologize in advance.

You can criticize my investigation choices all you want, but to be honest, the dubious nature of the investigations threw me for a loop in this game.

On the one hand, I can apparently get a false positive. If a player is under the influence of Cava, they produce the same result as if they were part of the Cult.

On the other hand, I can get a false negative, as Converters/other 3rd parties won't give me a guilty. Only the Cult will.

With that in mind, my investigation results have been pretty worthless.

While my actual power may not be super helpful, the other aspect to my role is the knowledge I was given.
That
the Cult exists, and
that
I believe them to be responsible for the death of the Giver.

I believe tubby to be the leader of this Cult. No, I don't have any guilties. I don't have hard evidence. There just seem to be a lot of co-incidences, which I'll list below:

- For the vast majority of the game, things seemed pretty clear-cut. It was the Council vs. the Converters. Simple. With this mindset, I didn't know where my information fit in. Maybe not at all. That's until dramonic claimed converter, and also asserted that the Converters were not responsible for the death of the Giver. A strange thing for scum to say, no? This was the first thing that validated my belief that the cult actually did exist.

-Tubby. Several things have struck me about tubby.

1. The breadcrumb post towards the start of the game. To have my rolename awkwardly dropped set off a few bells. Could it be possible that tubby was aware that someone was looking for him?

2. Tubby's awkward claim Part 1: His ridiculous rolename. Everyone else seems to be a human. Tubby is an anthropomorphic rabbit? I don't think that tubby is lying about his name. I just think it's too weird to be town.

3. Tubby's awkward claim Part 2: Kinda-Pseudo Hider? Enough has been said about his claim, so I won't go on.

3. Tubby's awkward claim Part 3: [quote="tubby']essentially i have the power to entertian children they flock to me in droves[/quote]. The above is the flavor part of tubby's dubious claim. I think that part is certainly true. It also sounds very culty.

4. BM's defence of Tubby- Up to today, BM has had very little interaction with both Tubby and myself. Then suddenly, after I claim and accuse tubby, I'm on the receiving end of a massive assault by BM.

For the above reasons, I believe that Tubby and BM are cult buddies.
I also believe it is some sort of Mentor role as mentioned above.

---------------

By no means do I have hard evidence backing up my position. If at the end of the day I'm wrong, that's a mistake I hope the town will forgive me for.

I don't know how much help I can be in finding the Cult with my investigations. What I do know is that I've done my job. I've made the town aware of the existance of the cult.

If I die tonight, I'm ok with that, because now the town is informed of this threat.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:53 am

Post by stark »

milkshake wrote:Well, if no one has any insanity problems, then it really doesn't matter if I'm lynched now does it?
Does your PM say specifically that you cure people who are insane?

Could it be that you cure people whose
minds are altered
?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 am

Post by tubby216 »

stark wrote:-Tubby. Several things have struck me about tubby.

1. The breadcrumb post towards the start of the game. To have my rolename awkwardly dropped set off a few bells. Could it be possible that tubby was aware that someone was looking for him?

2. Tubby's awkward claim Part 1: His ridiculous rolename. Everyone else seems to be a human. Tubby is an anthropomorphic rabbit? I don't think that tubby is lying about his name. I just think it's too weird to be town.

3. Tubby's awkward claim Part 2: Kinda-Pseudo Hider? Enough has been said about his claim, so I won't go on.

3. Tubby's awkward claim Part 3:
tubby wrote: essentially i have the power to entertian children they flock to me in droves
. The above is the flavor part of tubby's dubious claim. I think that part is certainly true. It also sounds very culty.

4. BM's defence of Tubby- Up to today, BM has had very little interaction with both Tubby and myself. Then suddenly, after I claim and accuse tubby, I'm on the receiving end of a massive assault by BM.
1 your role name drop was a coincidence the game is called "hide and seek" the players are Hiders and one seeker. :roll:

2 my role name, I took it to mean like i am a guy in a rabbit suit. not an actual half rabbit half man thing. Unless you think Barney is a real Dinosaur then it makes perfect sense they way you explained it.

3I am an childrens entertianer, so why wouldn't children flock to me its like walkin through the mall in a sponge bob costume.

4 have you ever seen a game myself an BM have played in? if not please look at my wiki for completed games this is normal, however this is the first time the blatant buddying has been started by BM.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Test vote: Snow_Bunny

Let me check if my vote works.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

vote: Snow_Bunny

-_-U

milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:51 am

Post by milkshake »

Does your PM say specifically that you cure people who are insane?

Could it be that you cure people whose minds are altered?
1. Yes
2. No
Sorry :? :P
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:57 am

Post by milkshake »

Milkshake, are you supposed to be able to cure the serial killer/psychopath?
In fact a few days (real life days) ago I had the idea that I might be able to function as a psychologist sort of, and I've been thinking that either Saijin or benmage would be fantastic targets.
I was thinking maybe, yes.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
vote: Snow_Bunny

-_-U
:wink:

Elmo...you didnt test.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Elmo »

Point.
vote Battle Mage
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Wait a minute... If we are 16 players, and if there's only 15 votes, and if we have a double voter, don't that mean that two players have lost their votes?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”