California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm OK with ShadowLurker's plan. It's essentially what I described in post 1018 for n=3 (with some extra provisions if we don't get a very good early on in the process.) Whether n=3 is the best choice is another question, but it's irrelevant if the question has already been asked.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I haven't asked the question yet. I will wait until tomorrow morning so people can speak up if they have a better idea. If not, when I log on tomorrow morning around 7am US EST I'm sending off the question.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Thok »

Would we better off having a more suspicious person ask a question now, when there are plenty of extra questions we can use for testing? (According to my chart that would be one of hewitt/me/Goofballs. I think you people are wrong-headed to have me as suspicious as you do, but whatever.)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by hewitt »

I don't care when or what I'm asking. Just tell me to do whatever and I'll do it. Preferably sooner than later but really...it's whatever.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I think we are best to find a very good first and then we can have the untrustworthy folks go because even if they decide to lie then, it would be exceedingly obvious.

For instance, if I get a yes from my question we know that at least one of the four numbers is a very good. Then we should be able to narrow it down to two with the very next question. If that person lies it would easy to see and we'll still have questions left to figure out where the very good is.

So, not only will we get the very good at that point, but we'll have caught the scum as well. I think the scum actually have a disincentive to lie with this plan because they will likely be caught.

Sending question in the next hour or so.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:13 am

Post by Thok »

So we should probably prepare the next question now (but only one question ahead.) Basically, I want to make sure we keep things moving so we actually ask all 7 of our questions.

Obviously, don't ask this until VP Baltar gives an answer.

I assume the plan is something like this:

If the answer to VP Baltar's question is yes, have one of me/DGB/hewitt ask about {74, 14, 39, 23, 51, 18, 52}

If the answer is no, Talilan asks about {74, 14, 39, 23, 51, 63, 47, 66, 20} (Town is saving Mighty Orbots to go last to check on people and Talilan is considered by our group to be the most trustworthy of the remaining four question askers.)

(I don't necessarily agree with some of the above decisions, but whatever.)
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:33 am

Post by Talilan »

Why not, Thokker?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:52 am

Post by VP Baltar »

MF,

Does the set {74, 14, 39, 23, 51, 18, 52, 37, 69} have the property of containing at least 1 very good?

No.
YOUR AD HERE

Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:54 am

Post by Thok »

I'm very much tempted to just say read the last 4 pages of the thread. But for specifics:

I don't agree that you're more trustworthy than me (but that's our group being stupid, IMHO, and unless we have really bad luck there's enough safeguards in check. Actually, looking at the lists I'd be tempted to ask why hewitt and Mighty Orbots have me much less trustworthy than you; I can see why you and Goofballs would have your relative placings of the two of us.)

I also think that working with groups of 4 may be too small. Groups of 8 is probably better, but I should have pushed this issue in post 1027. (I feel that what we lose in being able to test people we gain back in being able to test more numbers.) I don't know if that makes it worth expanding the yes question to have 8 numbers rather than 4 in the next go around.

Also, Goofballs comments sort of make me want to rerandomize (specifically that she posted a plan after the numbers came out.) Nobody else seems to care about this.

Preview Edit: Most of this was written before VP Baltar returned with the answer to the question. I haven't changed anything since seeing his comment.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:00 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

And what makes you think that SL's list was not random?

You think I'm going to trust a list made by a possible non-townie over a list provided by SL, the towniest player on this mothaf__in' boat????

No "random" list of numbers provided by anyone but SL can be credibly believed to actually be random.

Crawl back to your dank jail cell before I unleash Unit 02 on you.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:03 am

Post by Thok »

"And what makes you think that SL's list was not random?

You think I'm going to trust a list made by a possible non-townie over a list provided by SL, the towniest player on this mothaf__in' boat????"

I believe that SL's list is random. I'm worried that you tried to tailor a plan to take advantage of the list of numbers that SL posted. That doesn't require me to say anything about SL's townieness or scumminess.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, given considerable bias, I don't see why you'd think I'm more trustworthy than you in your own eyes. That doesn't even make sense.

I did cross my mind to just pick randomly from the remaining numbers myself off of Kelly's list given the slim chance she is scum and ordered it specifically to screw us, but I trust her enough and that seems more likely to be something scum would do to waste a question.

Asking a set of 8 may not be a bad idea for the next one, and would still leave us with one question to check for lies.

Perhaps have Dweezil go next and Tabris go last.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

How could tabris talor a plan around a random list when we are going sequentially down the line?

The odds of Kelly putting up all of the Very bads and bads in a row is ridiculously impossible if you believe the list is random.
YOUR AD HERE

GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:12 am

You are incredibly idiotic to even suggest that a set of random numbers would lend itself to one scheme or another, they are random - unless SL was stricken by an incredible stroke of bad luck, like the planets aligning during a solar eclipse.

Oh I forgot, I have a stack of stinking love letters from your fiancé at Folsom. Maybe you'll recognize the "perfume." He complained that life is not the same since you escaped, the new cell mate doesn't seem to like candlelit prison cafeteria dinners and lard massages as much as you did.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Thok »

"Well, given considerable bias, I don't see why you'd think I'm more trustworthy than you in your own eyes. That doesn't even make sense. "

I was referring to Talilan (your post came in the middle of that discussion), who as a consensus town thinks is more trustworthy than me. (Your list has us as roughly equal, as does SL., at least by rank; there could be a big gap in actually perceived scumminess.)

"How could tabris talor a plan around a random list when we are going sequentially down the line?"

Obviously, she wouldn't give a plan involving going sequentially down the line if SL's numbers had a large number of very good's in them early on and she was scum. (Or, she could give a plan where we wouldn't be able to determine the placement of the very goods even once we asked our questions.)

"You are incredibly idiotic to even suggest that a set of random numbers would lend itself to one scheme or another, they are random - unless SL was stricken by an incredible stroke of bad luck, like the planets aligning during a solar eclipse."

They aren't random once they've been picked! Once we have a sequence, you can doctor a plan around it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Thok »

Or as I'll point out, there was an hour between Goofballs' 992 and 993 (both of which come after SL posted his list of numbers), which gives her plenty of time to set up a proposal for a plan.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:00 am

Desperate to spread suspicion around, Godwin, are we?

You're still on the FBI's top ten most wanted list.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:34 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

The first number 15 or lower doesn't come until the 15th number in my sequence.

I'm hoping that the scum didn't load up 1-15 as Very Good.

If we can get a consensus, does anyone want to replace one of the numbers we are about to ask next with 5?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Thok »

Shadowlurker, we've already asked about 14 twice.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Talilan »

Back and I apologise for the absense.

IF the 'very goods' were stacked anywhere (and that is a low possibility IMO) it would have been Vizzini style (putting the VGs/Poison as far from ourselves as possible) which I think means they would have buried them somewhere in the 40s-60s.
/Just guessing.

Getting up to speed, seems to me we have used two questions, from arguably our two most trusted players and ended up with a list of 9 numbers that we know don't include any Very Goods.

I don't really care who goes next. The difference in scumminess between MY most trusted and MY least trusted on the boat is actually pretty small. I really only trust myselves. Even SL who I agree appears reasonably townish was fingered by Gaspar on his death-bed as someone he (quote) "knows" is scum.

The risk with SL is that he generated the random numbers AND he put forward the plan. Risky and I'd feel better if someone would re randomize the remaining numbers, but I don't know who to suggest does it. Maybe VP Baltar.

I'm quite hoping that we can catch a scum in a lie here, and still pick a very good anyway. That would be a fantastic outcome. I'm feeling lucky, I guess.

~Tal
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by Talilan »

Perhaps when a lynch has occured onstage we could have some kind of communication in the form of a picture that represents the person who has been lynched. That way we wouldn't risk SL trying to stunt with a dead actor.

If the person in charge of pictures gets lynched this won't be possible of course, but that's probably not happening today.

~Tal
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Thinking about relieving either Mr. Lewis or Mr. Locke with duty. What do you guys think?
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by Talilan »

Why one of those two? And when?
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by Talilan »

Carrie, could you please use your womanly charms to get the men into line?... by that I mean you choose the specific order for the people asking the remaining questions.

Godwin should be in charge of helping the remaining people submit the best and most appropriate questions as more information comes to hand.

The rest of us are charged with keeping a close eye on these two and making sure they are acting in the best interest of the town... but I do feel that we would benefit from some firm leadership, especially with Kelly so set on leaving us.

Anyone opposed?

~Tal
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:20 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm not sure what is wrong with the order we already have proposed, since that was arrived at by a concensus.

Apart from Dweezil going last, I don't think anything has changed.

I personally think that the next person should ask their question so we can keep things moving along.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”