Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:Ok. I'll bite and answer these questions, hopefully to prove I am not mafia.
I dislike this comment. Answer them to stimulate discussion and scumhunt. Also rarely is anything ever "proven" in this game, so attempting to do that answering questions makes no sense.

Earlier you said...
Katniss wrote: Voting in the RVS is more useful, it helps get people to have a starting point in the game. If everyone with-held their votes, we wouldn't be going anywhere. I guess it's just my playstyle to do that though, hoping others would start the ball rolling instead.
You place a weak and late vote on CK. You cite other's arguments (although not specifially very vague) and your own FoS. You placed an FoS on CK and Torquez earlier based on them jumping on wagons in the RVS. Jumping on wagons in the RVS can help get out of the RVS and really isn't scummy at all. Yet in the above quote, you say voting in the RVS is useful.

So it's useful to vote in the RVS, but you FoS people for it? And then use it as a basis for your own vague bandwagonny vote.

Unvote
Vote: Katniss
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
VistaSoldier
VistaSoldier
Townie
VistaSoldier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by VistaSoldier »

Wickedestjr wrote:
HoS: VistaSoldier

1. He made terrible cases against both me and CrueKnight. Both of which are starting to look like bandwagon votes.

2. I responded to his reasons for voting me, and he hasn't replied. He just changed his vote. I think he is trying to avoid having to respond.

Also
IGMEO Katniss
. His wishi-washiness is a bit too much for my liking. Also, there is something else I noticed, but I'm waiting for his next post.

@Furry - What did you think of my case against Mr. Squirrel. I remember you asking about them earlier, and you only made a comment regarding Mr. Squirrel's case against me. Also, can you please say who you agree with the most please?
I dont really think I made bad cases (on CrueKnight), just extremely unelaborated ones. I don't like typing long posts, but I spose I might start to elaborate more. And no I'm not, not trying to respond. I'm simply trying to state why I wanted to vote CrueKnight and did not come round to replying to you.

Although yes, my vote on you was pretty bad. I'm really easily pursuaded, so yeah, after 2 people voted you, I instantly got suspicious and didn't need much of a nudge.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by cruelty »

Oh.

That softclaim post was meant to be in another game, I try to post in all my games at once and I guess I clicked the wrong tab. My bad.

Moving on.

Haylen, you still haven't contributed. A half-assed answer and some bullshit about spoiler tags is not contribution. My vote stands.

Wicked can you explain why you keep bringing up how experienced you are at mafia? There's no good reason except to imply superiority/establish a leadership role.
Katniss wrote:Ok. I'll bite and answer these questions, hopefully to prove I am not mafia.
SB quoted this above and basically said what I'm going to say, but I'll reiterate. This makes me a little uneasy (there are a couple more instances within that post where you say something along very similar lines) because it instantly implies a defensive stance. That's fine, but if your entire reason for posting is defence, then your town-status becomes instantly questionable.
the nexus of the crisis
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by Haylen »

Cruelty wrote: Haylen, you still haven't contributed. A half-assed answer and some bullshit about spoiler tags is not contribution. My vote stands.
Ok. Let's put it this way. I'll give you a riddle. You're in a game on page ten that is nowhere near deadline. You're in another game, you're at L-1 as is another guy, everybody is voting and you have less that 24 hours to convince somebody to change their vote from yourself to the other guy. Where do you concentrate your efforts for those 24 hours?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:00 am

Post by Katniss »

Yes, I did get a bit defensive. I recieved a IGMEO/FoS message, after all, which means people think I am scummy, and I didn't want people to think that. I see now, maybe that was the wrong choice of words to use.

Scott, I said voting in the RVS is useful, I didn't say anything about jumping bandwagons being the useful part in that post. You did make a good point about it being useful in it's own way in stimulating discussion. But can't mafia also use the bandwagoning technique to disguise their votes on a person? Or am I wrong with that idea as well.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:56 am

Post by cruelty »

Haylen wrote:
Cruelty wrote: Haylen, you still haven't contributed. A half-assed answer and some bullshit about spoiler tags is not contribution. My vote stands.
Ok. Let's put it this way. I'll give you a riddle. You're in a game on page ten that is nowhere near deadline. You're in another game, you're at L-1 as is another guy, everybody is voting and you have less that 24 hours to convince somebody to change their vote from yourself to the other guy. Where do you concentrate your efforts for those 24 hours?

That's less of a riddle and more a bad excuse in the form of a question. Woe is me I am so overwhelmed.

I'm in 4 games currently, one of which is in lylo and I'm at least making an effort to stay connected here.

I find it hard to believe that you can't find the time to put together a few quick thoughts for this game whilst you're waiting for people to reply in the other thread. I mean really, how hard is it to at least read the thread and put together some quick thoughts?

You've managed to post about 30 times in this game, how come you've offered no opinions on anything game related?

Katniss how much importance do you place on an FoS? It occurs to me that someone that worried about what in reality amounts to basically nothing (FoS is essentially meaningless as anything other than a fairly weak intimidation tool) is probably more likely to be scum than not.
the nexus of the crisis
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:04 am

Post by SolemnJ »

@wicked: votes dont end the RVS; thinking does.

How can Haylen use that comment as an excuse with the so many posts he has made this game? If you have nothing to say, don't say it; otherwise its just spam.
All things are based on perspective.
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:11 am

Post by SolemnJ »

Haylen wrote:I am now alive in 3. I am dead in 1. And the reason i wasnt posting was because i had a very unstable mylo and lylo in a game that i've finished just now, and I won it :D
Haylen wrote:Heya, sorry i've been pretty ill recently. Managed to catch a bug going round a place I was in for less than 2 days. It has not been cool.

Anywho, I will re-read and post ASAP.
Haylen wrote:
Haylen's excuse(s) are very inconsistent.

First she says he is in Lylo, changes her mind and says she was sick, and then goes back to her lylo excuse again.

During that sick-excuse post, Haylen shows that she has time to re-read, but not to spend enough time trying to contribute to the thread.

Other than this, all of her posts have been 90% spam, and the other 10% just redundancy.

An inconsistent excuse to me is a sign of a liar,
especially where she notes that she can and has re-read, but is unable to post real thoughts.

unvote; vote Haylen
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:Yes, I did get a bit defensive. I recieved a IGMEO/FoS message, after all, which means people think I am scummy, and I didn't want people to think that. I see now, maybe that was the wrong choice of words to use.
Well of course you didn't INTEND to look scummy.
Katniss wrote: Scott, I said voting in the RVS is useful, I didn't say anything about jumping bandwagons being the useful part in that post. You did make a good point about it being useful in it's own way in stimulating discussion. But can't mafia also use the bandwagoning technique to disguise their votes on a person? Or am I wrong with that idea as well.
That early in the game its a null-tell if anything. Also your vote on CK is pretty bandwagonny if you are going to accuse others of it.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Haylen »

HAYLEN IS A GIRL.
LOOK AT THE AVATAR.
LOOK AT THE LITTLE PINK SYMBOL.

FEMALE
FEMALE
FEMAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't make that mistake again. Seriously.

My excuses are not inconsistant. I play in quite a few games, they're all in different stages of progress. (I won the game that was in lylo:D). Would you like me to give details of how i was sick, cause i'm not having anybody telling me im lying about that when i felt so fucking rough for 3 days and was slipping in and out of consciousness for one of those days. I never said im in lylo in the game im currently in, I said there are 8 players, votes are split 4|4 and i now have until midnight to convince people not to lynch me. If you dont believe me, go to my wiki and find my current games, go check those games and the time frames and you will see at no point was i lying.

kthanxbai

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (5)
- Wickedestjr, malpascp, VistaSoldier, Katniss, Torqez
Furry (1)
- J-Fox
cruelty (0)
-
WarWound (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
Mr. Squirrel (0)
-
Wickedestjr (1)
- Mr. Squirrel
malpascp (0)
-
J-Fox (0)
-
SolemnJ (2)
- Furry, CrueKnight
DeathNote (0)
-
Torqez (0)
-
VistaSoldier (0)
-
Katniss (1)
- Scott Brosius
Haylen (3)
- Haylen, cruelty, SolemnJ
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (2)
- WarWound, DeathNote

15 players alive, 8 votes needed to lynch.

Mr. Squirrel has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:17 am

Post by SolemnJ »

Haylen wrote:HAYLEN IS A GIRL.
LOOK AT THE AVATAR.

FEMALE
FEMALE

My excuses are not inconsistant. I play in quite a few games, they're all in different stages of progress. (I won the game that was in lylo:D). Would you like me to give details of how i was sick, cause i'm not having anybody telling me im lying about that when i felt so fucking rough for 3 days and was slipping in and out of consciousness for one of those days. I never said im in lylo in the game im currently in, I said there are 8 players, votes are split 4|4 and i now have until midnight to convince people not to lynch me. If you dont believe me, go to my wiki and find my current games, go check those games and the time frames and you will see at no point was i lying.

kthanxbai
it was a typo.. and I only did it once.

What about how you said you were re-reading and yet have YET to contribute.

In fact, you are able to defend yourself pretty well, but when it comes to scumhunting or just contributing...your posts have less of this and more of spam.

CK, that defense is terrible. It only comments on the most basest attacks.
Ok, let me put it simply:
He said my reason was bull, avoiding my demand to explain why
he misquoted... or falsely claimed something.

I repeated, I wanted him to explain. After seeing his previous response, it sounded if he thought I was going to lynch him or something. At least that's how I looked at it since he said his vote on me remains.
I thought it was harmless, and friendly to tell him the reason for my vote.

But my ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE out of this whole thing was to get him to explain some stuff and not just call it a bullshit argument.

Wtf are you talking about here? Have you even forgotten why you voted me in the first place?
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:21 am

Post by CrueKnight »

I think I have. :/

BTW, I'm going to be a bit inactive over the weekends.
├óÔé¼┬á Crusader Knight ├óÔé¼┬á

http://www.spore.heavengames.com
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:22 am

Post by cruelty »

Haylen wrote:HAYLEN IS A GIRL.
LOOK AT THE AVATAR.

FEMALE
FEMALE

kthanxbai

This is actually ridiculous. You have time to closely analyse a post and find a single spelling error, then you have time to flip out about it, then you have time to defend yourself (badly), then you have time to discuss your illness, then you have time to direct us towards your meta, then you have time to discuss an ongoing game, and you still make a little time to reiterate that you're not lying?
the nexus of the crisis
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Haylen »

I was fucking defending myself. That's the whole point of the damn game.

vote cruelty

Strawmanning and misrep.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Haylen »

PS Haylen doesnt do OMGUS.

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by cruelty »

Look you still haven't commented on anything relevant, your defence is a bunch of crap about how it's too hard for you to post because you have another game going on, and now, regardless of what you say, you're OMGUSing me.
the nexus of the crisis
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Furry wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Furry wrote:Need to get caught up, but this is a fail of a HoS. Pressure votes work wonders. People play differently under pressure
I know, but he shouldn't say its a pressure vote.

Furry wrote:Starting a wagon somewhat vaugely is a great way to catch a player off guard, saying its for pressure kind of defeats the purpose though.
Then why did you call my HoS bad?
Because it was someone making a pressure vote that drew it out... you agree with me that pressure votes are good, so why apply pressure to someone using one (even if they failed to correctly). Right now I fail to get a good analogy going (for some reason im trying to apply it to a knife fight... and cant stop doing so) but, it makes no sense to me.
I'm sorry. I don't really understand this explanation.

Furry wrote:Also CK wagon is weaker then... a butter knife at a knife fight? Yeah that will do.
Why?

Katniss wrote:Ok. I'll bite and answer these questions,
hopefully to prove I am not mafia
There is something wrong with this, but I can't figure out what it is.

Katniss wrote:You voted on him for these two reasons:

"Also, I find it funny how you complain about how bad my questions are and how they don't help to get us out of the RVS, yet you aren't even helping to get us out of the RVS.

Also, I find it funny how you complained about my questions possibly distracting people from scummy things that other people do, yet have focused your whole attention on me, so you obviously aren't concerned about what other people are doing. "

I pretty much disagreed with you on that. I had a similar mindset on you back then, with the spitfire questions you were giving. Note, just because I am agreeing with someone doesn't mean I am aligned with them. I am not aligned with Squirrel, other than if he is also a townie. I hope this isn't leading to a mafia connection between the two of us.

Looking back on it, I am thinking your vote was a pressure vote, to try and accurate read on him.
First of all, I gave a list of reasons in Post 149. Please read it and tell me what you think.

Second of all, can you elaborate on your thoughts because I don't understand why you disagree with my case.

Thirdly, where did I say that you and Mr. Squirrel were alligned?

Fourthly, my vote was completely serious. Not just for pressure.

Katniss wrote:Well, it was mostly due to people saying his reasonings of voting for someone saying simply "It was a pressure vote" was a pretty bad reasoning in defending himself.
But do you agree? Do you think that it was a good idea for him to say it was for pressure? Also, do you agree that it makes him look scummy? (you can just answer Yes or No to those questions)

Katniss wrote:[1: I know, I know, it's not a very good case, but it added to my earlier suspicions on him.] Darn now I feel even more uncomfortable with my votes. I feel like unvoting now, but that leads to your next statement.
Also IGMEO Katniss. His wishi-washiness is a bit too much for my liking. Also, there is something else I noticed, but I'm waiting for his next post.

2: People made it clear to me that I can vote and unvote someone at any time, especially since votes apply more pressure than a FoS, so that's what I am doing. Apparantley using FoS wasn't a good thing, when I used it earlier.
1: What? Then why was your main reason for voting him something that came from my case?

2: Well, voting is better than FoSes, but FoSing is always good too if you already have your vote on somebody else. Switching your vote around all the time is not really very helpful, unless you have good reasons for doing so. This late in the game, you should have some solid opinions.

Katniss wrote:I like to use the FoS, because I didn't want to appear as if I was being too wishy washy. That way if my mind changes on a player, then I don't look suspicious by voting or unvoting too much. My mind changes often in this game, like when I feel I am not too sure on someone, or if a person's posts were good enough to change my mind for the better, or fishy enough to change my mind for the worse. This is what happened for me, for you.
Why do you care if you look wishywashy? Why do you care about looking suspicious? Also, how do FoSes prevent you from looking wishywashy?

Katniss wrote:Also I heard something about smilies. You can't use smilies now, because they make you suspicious? What the heck? you can't do alot in this game with the FoS shunning and now the "hiding behind smilies" I really like smilies, and a bit of joking around, because it helps lighten the mood, and making me a bit happier, that it's only a game, instead of getting me annoyed with things being said. Now you take that away from me too. That sucks. :(
I don't know what this is in response to, but sometimes players use more emoticons as scum, because they think lightening the mood might distract from the suspicious things they do. You shouldn't care about it if you are town....

...Speaking of which, I am concerned with how Katniss is bothered about how he appears to the rest of the town. This could merit a vote, but he seems slightly inexperienced, which could have an effect on it. Also, I can't help but think he might not say those kind of things as scum. For now I'll just be watching Katniss more closely.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Kdub »

I will begin looking for a replacement for J-Fox.

DeathNote and WarWound have been prodded. Mr. Squirrel picked up his last prod, but has not posted. I am prodding again, and will replace him if he does not post soon.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Scott Brosius wrote:
I dislike this comment. Answer them to stimulate discussion and scumhunt. Also rarely is anything ever "proven" in this game, so attempting to do that answering questions makes no sense.
I agree with this comment.

I don't like the reason Scott gave for his vote. I don't think it is a strong reason. I think there are more suspicious actions that have taken place, even from Katniss.

VistaSoldier wrote:I'm simply trying to state why I wanted to vote CrueKnight and did not come round to replying to you.
Why didn't you reply to me.

VistaSoldier wrote:1: Although yes, my vote on you was pretty bad. 2: I'm really easily pursuaded, so yeah, after 2 people voted you, I instantly got suspicious and didn't need much of a nudge.
1: What changed your mind about it?

2: The problem is I don't see why a townie would be so easily persuaded. Also, you say that you voted me because of the reasons that others gave, which you agreed with at the time, however, I don't recall any of your reasons coming from anybody else's case.

Unvote Vote: VistaSoldier
until he provides a good explanation. I find his actions scummier than CrueKnight's.

cruelty wrote:Wicked can you explain why you keep bringing up how experienced you are at mafia? There's no good reason except to imply superiority/establish a leadership role.
Where have I brought this up?

Haylen wrote:
How much time will you be spending there? Also, why did you sign up for another game if you can't spend enough time on them all?

SolemnJ wrote:@wicked: votes dont end the RVS; thinking does.
Fair enough. Can you please answer the other question I asked you? You have avoided it long enough.

I really like post 232. Those excuses are inconsistent. I normally don't think non-contribution is a scumtell, but her excuses don't seem to fit.
HoS: Haylen

I like post 233 as well.

Haylen seems to be getting much worse. Even though she has posted so many times in this thread, she won't even defend herself. Also, I find it odd that she said she was going to re-read, which means she had already read the thread, which means she knows what is going on, yet still doesn't post any content.
-Wickedestjr
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:06 am

Post by DeathNote »

1: Although yes, my vote on you was pretty bad. 2: I'm really easily pursuaded, so yeah, after 2 people voted you, I instantly got suspicious and didn't need much of a nudge.
This seems like a rather lame reason to me. :/

Don't belittle yourself as an excuse, makes it seems like your asking for sympathy.

Vote: Vista
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Deathnote, what are your thoughts on Haylen and cruelty?
-Wickedestjr
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:28 am

Post by WarWound »

did someone ask to get me prodded? well anyways im procrastinating on reading nine pages but it it will be done soon

No, I try to prod players if they have gone over 72 hours without posting.
I am a soldier
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by SolemnJ »

@wicked...I thought I answered all of them. Which did I miss?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

SolemnJ wrote:/s proceeds tos dos quicks res-reads
This looks like an attempt to appear helpful, because I don't really see what purpose one would have for re-reading the thread at this stage of the game. Also, why did you need to tell us this?

The question above is the one I have been waiting for an answer to.

Also, I must have missed 237, but... wow.
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”