milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by milkshake »

You can take DGB's post as seriously as you want, MordyS. But that's not we were talking about. You were complaining about the RVS votes and saying the thing about buddying. If you have some logical connection between stuff that's going on and scummyness, (or even stuff that's going on and townyness, third partyness, whatever), you should lay it out nice and pretty for us (and me... since as we've already determined, I'm not apparently one of the smart kids) instead of making vague critical statements like a good little negative mafiascummer. ;)
I dont think i have ever sucked up to DGB before...does that mean I am scum, oh dear?
Maybe this
has
gone a bit too far. ;)
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by MordyS »

Look, I get you want to totally discount everything said in RVS, but that's not how Mafia works. RVS may be less serious, but it's still important. Also, I think I've laid it out already, but if you want, I'll go back again and pull out all the posts I felt were buddying.

(Tbh, if this is just some social clique thing and everyone likes trading cutsey posts with DG, then I don't know what to think. I might as well ignore everything posted so far, since you're just going to claim it was innocent RVS stuff. I happened to find it scummy that DoS attacks me for voting DG, and then DG claims Psycho is town without any justification, and then cateraction attacks me for voting DG too. There's something bizarre going on there. Most particularly DG claiming Psycho is town without any justification.)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Go read through her fake smileys-only-post-restriction game. In fact, just read her in isolation. Is great fun, and you'll get an idea of why people are encouraging you to treat her a certain way.

Judging from the types of roles my actor typically plays, I don't think claiming roles would lead to very reliable information.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by MordyS »

I'm not a huge fan of treating players in special ways, or giving validation for odd/different metas.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I agree with you when it's a player like zwet who both has low-content activity and is hard to read. DGB, on the other hand, is a pretty active player; she'll have contributed a great deal by the end.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

First Vote Count

L-4
MordyS
(3) DragonofSummer, curiouskarmadog, populartajo
L-5
DragonofSummer
(2) Iecerint, MordyS
L-6
curiouskarmadog
(1) Jason
L-6
ortolan
(1) Psychologic
L-6
Psychologic
(1) milkshake

Not voting: Will Smith and some other people

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is
November 22nd, 11pm CET
Last edited by TonyMontana on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by MordyS »

I'm currently voting for DragonsofSummer, I think?

DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

I think you are too.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Psychologic is town, actually.
Will get a full catch up tomorrow. Just home from a night out and it is 3AM But this I find to be a very bold statement. And I actually agree with MordyS suspicions

One thing I know... if DG was scum.. He would know Psych is town.

other scenario is masons as has been said I believe... but why would they out themselves so early in a game?

I could see this as potential buddying up though
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by populartajo »

Did you even ask DGB if she had at least a justification to call Psycho town?

Also, DGB is town.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by populartajo »

Question for both jason and Mordys.
Call me Tajo.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Well, what possible justification could he have for declaring someone as town so openly on page 2 of day 1?

OK, how can you be so sure DGB is town? Same question to DGB about Psycho.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by populartajo »

I'm not
so
sure DGB is town.

It's just that after reading all of her posts in iso, I think she has a very relaxed transparent tone.

What do you think?
Call me Tajo.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by milkshake »

I notice you were pretty quick to jump on the MordyS wagon, populartajo. I say go for it. But I didn't catch exactly why, though?
Psychologic is town, actually.
I didn't take this as anything more substantiated than a guess ("Really." "Yep."). But it would be interesting if I was wrong. Of course a substantiated claim that someone's scum would be more useful. ^^
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

OK My other question to those saying Person X is town so early into a game...

Do you know this as fact, or is this your hunch based upon this game so far?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Iecerint wrote:I agree with you when it's a player like zwet who both has low-content activity and is hard to read. DGB, on the other hand, is a pretty active player; she'll have contributed a great deal by the end.
unvote, vote Iecerint

gut vote....oooohhhh shit.

by the end of what?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by populartajo »

milkshake wrote:I notice you were pretty quick to jump on the MordyS wagon, populartajo. I say go for it. But I didn't catch exactly why, though?
Your post is a good example of what is the town thing to do when you are facing posts like dgb's or mine.

You ask why. You try to read that person. You are actually trying to understand the motives why that person did what he did. I also as town want to understand why DGB called Psycho town. I know there was a reason (I think I know what it is) but I want DGB to explain first.

As scum, obviously, you dont have the motivation to try to understand the motivation. Your motivation is to try to make people look bad so you can mislynch them.

This is what Mordy posted and tell me what do you think of it.
MordyS wrote:
DragonsofSummer wrote:Vote MordyS Voting DGB is a scum tell. That is all.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Psychologic is town, actually.
This is bizarre btw.
MordyS wrote: (Tbh, if this is just some social clique thing and everyone likes trading cutsey posts with DG, then I don't know what to think. I might as well ignore everything posted so far, since you're just going to claim it was innocent RVS stuff. I happened to find it scummy that DoS attacks me for voting DG, and then DG claims Psycho is town without any justification, and then cateraction attacks me for voting DG too. There's something bizarre going on there.
Most particularly DG claiming Psycho is town without any justification
.)
Bolded for emphasys.
Call me Tajo.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

curiouskarmadog wrote:I dont think i have ever sucked up to DGB before...does that mean I am scum, oh dear?
It's not sucking up folks if it's game related. CKD and I are consummate professionals. All our statements are carefully studied and scripted.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by milkshake »

Your post is a good example of what is the town thing to do when you are facing posts like dgb's or mine.

You ask why. You try to read that person. You are actually trying to understand the motives why that person did what he did. I also as town want to understand why DGB called Psycho town. I know there was a reason (I think I know what it is) but I want DGB to explain first.

As scum, obviously, you dont have the motivation to try to understand the motivation. Your motivation is to try to make people look bad so you can mislynch them.

This is what Mordy posted and tell me what do you think of it.
Oh, in that case yes. Although I didn't think the post you quoted was the most poignant example, I agree wholeheartedly... in fact that's basically what I was saying when I was exchanging posts with MordyS earlier although you probably said it better...
[..]If you have some logical connection between stuff that's going on and scummyness, (or even stuff that's going on and townyness, third partyness, whatever), you should lay it out nice and pretty for us (and me... since as we've already determined, I'm not apparently one of the smart kids) instead of making vague critical statements[...]
Unvote, Vote: MordyS
(at least until psychologic makes a 2nd post!) Gogo bandwagon time?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Iecerint wrote:
Vote: DragonsofSummer
. Mordy gave a legitimate reason for voting DoS; I find his OMGUS accusation disingenuous.
That is not a legitimate reason. It is not my fault MordyS has a problem with joking in the RVS.

@Mordy: What do you have against the use of metas? I understand you have only been with the site about 7 months now, and only played 3 games as a part of it, but why should that limit other people from using the metas they have on players, especially on the first few pages?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:12 pm

MordyS wrote:...Most particularly DG claiming Psycho is town without any justification.)
I do, but for the kind of reason no one ever believes.

I'm been scum many, many times, and been part of a large number of scum teams. I know that no scum in their right mind would bulldoze into the game on what, page 1? the way Psycho did. It's a totally townie action. He doesn't care if he sounds like he's rolefishing or some such on his first or second post. I don't think he's experienced enough to fake it; in fact, I don't believe anyone is.

Now I don't expect anyone but me to give credence to this sort of experience-based "logic."

I, however, swear by it.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by MordyS »

I've read all the same Psychologic posts that DG has. So let's look at the only substantial one he's posted (the other 2; one is pregame chatter and one looks like a policy vote because ortolan hasn't voted yet).
Psychologic wrote:Hello, fellow actors. I realize the game has just recently started, however I have some topics for us to discuss.

1. First of all, i'm unsure of whether scum will have actors that are usually one of the villains in the movies they act in, or whether they will have regular actor characters. I'm also unsure if the movies they play in are indicative of alignment, such as starring as villains in their movies. Therefore,
Do you think the scum will have villain acting-roles in the movies they have been provided with?

2. Second of all, I feel that my name/movies, as well as the Will Smith example one reveal nothing about what our movie roles can do. There is also a chance that scum have actor names/movies in which they are the antagonist in their movie. In my opinion, claiming our names/movies doesn't reveal anything about what they can do, and may prevent scum from having enough time to fake an actor/movies. Therefore,
Are you against a full actor name/movies starred-in claim?

Please respond to this.
So basically he speculates about roles, and asks whether we should have a massclaim, and I should believe that DG has some magic tell she was able to receive from this that indicated he's town? I'm very much in favor of her responding and defending her comment, but I don't think anyone who is skeptical is wrong for being so. And I really don't care if she has idiosyncratic reasons for playing that way -- scummy is scummy.

More importantly: Someone attacked Psychologic for what they saw as poor play here. DG wasn't just stepping out on a neutral player and claiming she had a town read. She was defending Psychologic by saying he's town, but without actually dealing with the questions at hand. I think she deserves to come under a little fire for that.

Anyway, here's my response to Psychologic's questions:
1. I really don't know what roles scum got. Some of my roles are obvious protagonist roles and some are more vague and unclear. I really have no idea if there's a difference between scum roles and town roles in terms of the kinds of parts they play.
2. I'm against a mass claim. There are like a thousand actors that aren't being represented in this game. I don't think that if we magically move quickly enough we'll prevent scum from making fake claims. That's ridiculous. I do however believe that there may be associations between roles and abilities -- since I don't think the mod associated the roles randomly with abilities.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:16 pm

jasonT1981 wrote:other scenario is masons as has been said I believe... but why would they out themselves so early in a game?
I've declared 3 players other than myself to be town. I'm not as efficient as I used to be.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 pm

curiouskarmadog wrote:
unvote, vote Iecerint

gut vote....oooohhhh shit.

by the end of what?
Oh no, I'm going to be NK by day 2
again

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by MordyS »

DragonsofSummer wrote:@Mordy: What do you have against the use of metas? I understand you have only been with the site about 7 months now, and only played 3 games as a part of it, but why should that limit other people from using the metas they have on players, especially on the first few pages?
I think people can feel free to use metas, and I'll often look up people's past games for insight into their behavior. My problem is more with people using shticky meta (for whatever reason) and then other people giving them deference for it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”