Mini 867- TTGL Mafia: GAME OVER: Roles posted.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by Chaco »

Really now? I knew my PM flavor would be helpful!

In next post.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Chaco »

It talks of a greater threat, not known by me, that makes me cast sides with my known enemies the Spirals.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

What AtE means?

I'm sure someone else can explain it, though their explanation will probably fall on really retarded ears
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Slicey »

forbiddanlight wrote:

The Sixth "Reclaim" Vote Count

9. Cobalt (2)
: Sociopath
This was proof that Socio was a doublevoter. The vote count was at October 30, 8:59 AM. Socio was killed about 12 hours later. People who posted between that votecount and when Socio was killed:

Cobalt (who noticed it, but didn't assume Socio was a doublevoter.)
Monkeyman
Snow Bunny
Jahudo
Chaco
Yos

One of these is probably our day killer. Chaco is most likely not our daykiller. I don't think it's Yos or Snow Bunny either. That leaves Monkey, Jahudo and Cobalt. Monkey was embroiled in an argument with Snow Bunny, so I don't think it can be him. Cobalt was the only one who noticed the doublevote and he was also being attacked by Socio a lot at the time.

I'm putting Cobalt higher on my scum list. I think he might have killed Socio. Cobalt or Jahudo are most likely our (likely) scum daykillers.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Slicey »

Snow_Bunny wrote:What AtE means?
Appeal to Emotion.

Also, Chaco, Anti-Spiral is probably the greatest threat in the entire show.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Jahudo »

@Yos: Your defense in 427 supported my original hypothesis, so I still like my case.

@Slicey: Read the mod's red text in post 456. FL practically says the flavor in the first paragraph of the opening post is true. Anti-Spirals can be town. Scum is somebody new. Does that change your theory that a force lyncher is also a cult recruiter?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

@slicey - I'm not sure how you figure that posting before the daykill makes you a more likely daykill suspect.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Slicey »

Jahudo wrote:@Yos: Your defense in 427 supported my original hypothesis, so I still like my case.

@Slicey: Read the mod's red text in post 456. FL practically says the flavor in the first paragraph of the opening post is true. Anti-Spirals can be town. Scum is somebody new. Does that change your theory that a force lyncher is also a cult recruiter?
Can be town? Possibly. Are they? I don't think so. Again, Anti-Spiral makes sense as a Cult Recruiter in my eyes.

Monkey, you would have had to been online to PM a daykill to FL. Those were the people online between FL's votecount which confirmed Socio as a double voter and when Socio was killed. Thus one of those had to be the killer.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Slicey wrote:
Jahudo wrote:@Yos: Your defense in 427 supported my original hypothesis, so I still like my case.

Can be town? Possibly. Are they? I don't think so. Again, Anti-Spiral makes sense as a Cult Recruiter in my eyes.

Monkey, you would have had to been online to PM a daykill to FL. Those were the people online between FL's votecount which confirmed Socio as a double voter and when Socio was killed. Thus one of those had to be the killer.
You could have been online without posting. Or they could have sent the kill in through the scum forum. In fact I would go so far that killing someone the same time you were posting would be pretty clumsy scum play.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Slicey wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

9. Cobalt (2)
This was proof that Socio was a doublevoter. The vote count was at October 30, 8:59 AM. Socio was killed about 12 hours later. People who posted between that votecount and when Socio was killed:

Monkeyman
Snow Bunny
Jahudo
Chaco
Yos

One of these is probably our day killer. Chaco is most likely not our daykiller. I don't think it's Yos or Snow Bunny either. That leaves Monkey, Jahudo and Cobalt. Monkey was embroiled in an argument with Snow Bunny, so I don't think it can be him. Cobalt was the only one who noticed the doublevote and he was also being attacked by Socio a lot at the time.
You're making the same assumption Jahudo is.

If there is a scum daykiller, and he wants to kill someone who's obvtown in broad daylight, the smart thing to do would be to not post right before making that kill, in order to avoid people doing this kind of analysis.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Your "origional hypothesis"? What's that?

I said all along that I was voting Monkeyman based on some oddities in his play, some things that seemed strange to me; it was never a strong vote, but at the time it was the best I had to go on. When you asked me about it, I explained what they were in some detail.

That is the correct pro-town way to act in the situation, I believe; on day 1 if you don't have much to go on, it's still better to persue it and put some pressure somewhere then to do nothing.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Slicey »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Slicey wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

9. Cobalt (2)

Monkeyman
Snow Bunny
Jahudo
Chaco
Yos

You're making the same assumption Jahudo is.

If there is a scum daykiller, and he wants to kill someone who's obvtown in broad daylight, the smart thing to do would be to not post right before making that kill, in order to avoid people doing this kind of analysis.
I'm not saying this is concrete. Yes, there is a chance that person didn't post. But there is a chance someone didn't so the 'smart thing' and did accidentally post. And the two most likely people that did that are Cobalt and Jahudo IMHO.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Chaco »

So you're that I am a person who can automatically lynch, and recruit people to my cult?

I'll recruit you tonight, that sound good?
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Slicey wrote:I have information that a cult is in this game.
How do you know this?
Yosarian2 wrote:I said all along that I was voting Monkeyman based on some oddities in his play, some things that seemed strange to me; it was never a strong vote, but at the time it was the best I had to go on. When you asked me about it, I explained what they were in some detail.
Okay, maybe this explains my concern. At first I had no way of knowing how strong your confidence was in the vote. You kept saying his play was "Odd" in the original vote post and again in 427 to the point that I thought you were putting together a strong case but was being purposely vague about it.

I still have a bad feeling about you, but I'll downgrade it to odd play :lol:
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Slicey »

Jahudo wrote:
Slicey wrote:I have information that a cult is in this game.
How do you know this?
I have role information that says there is a cult.

Chaco, that's why I asked if your ability was one shot. One shot autolynch cult recruiter could be balanced.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Slicey wrote: I have role information that says there is a cult.
:eyebrow:

Ok. I'm not going to press for details right now, but you've got me incredibly curious.
Chaco, that's why I asked if your ability was one shot. One shot autolynch cult recruiter could be balanced.
...really? How?

Even a regular cult recruiter is very hard to balance. Giving him an extra one shot autolynch just seems unfair.

Frankly, giving any scum a one shot autolynch just seems unfair, since they can just hold onto it until endgame and then just win by surprise out of nowhere. That's one reason I believe chaco; it's an ability that makes a lot more sense to me as a town ability then as a scum ability.

As a town ability, it's a temptation, a "do you really think you're better then everyone else" way for the mod to mess with someone's head, without actually changing the balance of the game; it's a role that dosn't really help the town much or at all and yet is very interesting. As a scum role, it's probably borderline broken; it can just steal a win out of nowhere in a way that's likely to seem quite unfair to the town. So, town seems more likely to me, from a game design perspective.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by Vi »

Just got in. Will read more later, but what's jumping off the page on an initial skim is that Slicey is either obvious Town or convincing enough scum to get me to look elsewhere.

Unvote: Slicey

Will figure out what to do with the vote in a later post.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Slicey, how confident on a scale of 1 to 10 are you that there is a cult?
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Slicey »

Yos, go read Empire at War Mafia, or just the last day, where scum did exactly what you just said. Then look at the mod for that game and then look at the mod for this game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Slicey wrote:Yos, go read Empire at War Mafia, or just the last day, where scum did exactly what you just said. Then look at the mod for that game and then look at the mod for this game.
mmm. Yeah, no offense to anyone, but that's not really good game design.

In any case, though, if Chao was a scum with that ability, I would expect him to not claim it day 1; the logical thing for him to do would be to delay it as long as possible, and hopefully keep it hidden until endgame.

Anyway, let's test Chao's ability today, and then we can discuss this tomorrow. (Franky, if he was a scum with a one shot instant-lynch ability, we wouldn't be able to lynch him today anyway, heh)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Yosarian2 569 wrote:(Franky, if he was a scum with a one shot instant-lynch ability, we wouldn't be able to lynch him today anyway, heh)
Actually, we could - if the lynch requirement had to be cut in half before the forcelynch.

Personally I'm torn between Cobalt and Jahudo... which is again kind of weird.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Vi »

EBWOP: I changed my mind.
Vote: Jahudo
(L-4)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Ooo, I see another possible neat happenstance...

Slicey, with all respect for your conclusion, let's not make Chaco the lynch today.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

No response from my third replacement. I can't say I didn't expect that, really, but that's ok. I'll go get the fourth now
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Jahudo »

@Chaco: Who do you think is scum and why?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”