chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by chamber »

I posted less than a day ago, which was 7 posts ago, and covered that topic in it.
Taking a break from the site.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Kast »

@SB-
I assume lurker = "not voting for KY".

I think TM's a much better lynch. If KY lynch is the town's majority choice, I'll respect the majority decision.

@KY-
In terms of a standard game with majority required for a lynch, you could consider me willing to hammer if you don't have a strong claim.

-One thing that has me very wary is the almost complete lack of any runner up candidate.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by drowmage »

Kirbyoshi wrote:@Yos2: Do you think those priorities are universal?

You may call my vote on drow OMGUS if you want, but she's been causing misdirection pretty much ever since she came into the game, especially when it comes to me and my suspicions. Actually, tbh, beyond her, I'm not sure who I find suspicious. But the Nuwen/Snow fiasco is seeming more and more forced the more I read it, and she
may
have misrepped Kast as well.
You keep accusing me of tunneling on you over a misunderstanding when twice now you've ignored me saying that I have listed a multitude of other reasons to vote for you.

To recap: You're obvscum. This whole thing started when I tried to get you to realize that trying to force the end of a discussion is a bad idea. You've been dropping scum tells left and right since then. Your case on TM was scummy (and I'm glad you can at least see that now), and your reaction to me has been entirely driven by OMGUS.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:@Yos2: Do you think those priorities are universal?
(shrug) On day 1 of a game, that is what town's priorities should be, if they're playing to win. Town has to find scum to win; scum just has to not get lynched in order to win.
You may call my vote on drow OMGUS if you want, but she's been causing misdirection pretty much ever since she came into the game, especially when it comes to me and my suspicions. Actually, tbh, beyond her, I'm not sure who I find suspicious. But the Nuwen/Snow fiasco is seeming more and more forced the more I read it, and she
may
have misrepped Kast as well.
I didn't call your vote on drow OMGUS. Anyway, explain, please. How has he been "causing misdirection"? That seems like a very vauge accusation. Could you explain in a little more detail, perhaps point to a post where he's been doing that?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Sorry Yos, I didn't make it real clear, but the second post is a separate statement, to anyone who thought my vote was OMGUS.
drow wrote:Mechanics discussions are always helpful
Not always. Especially if they're driven by scum, and/or take up the whole day, they can be hurtful to town.
drow wrote:Says who? Where is that written down?
It doesn't have to be written down for it to be true.
drow wrote:{about replacing scumhunting with mech discussion} Nice strawman. That's not what I said at all.
drow wrote:{about lynching persistence over wishy-washiness} Nope. Not what I said at all. You can twist my word to mean what ever you want them to mean but you're still going to get lynched.
In both of these instances, if you follow your thoughts through to conclusion, this is where they'll end up.
drow wrote:He's trying to derail a productive conversation
The mech discussion was not helping us find scum,
which is town's highest priority.
Therefore, it wasn't productive.
drow wrote:I'd tend to think if the scum attack and the town don't then it would become obvious who should be lynched.
That's a nice big juicy bowl of WIFOM for the scum to feast on, and I think you know that.
drow wrote: The case on tony is being pushed by scum.
Not all bad cases are scumbacked. You know this as well.
drow wrote:you don't have a nuwen case
I'm assuming this isn't a separate point, but if it is, is that a scumtell?
drow wrote:you've been throwing suspicion aronud from person-to-person hoping to start a wagon.
I was just being broad in my opinions. I thought that's what you wanted, so why are you calling me scum for it?
drow wrote:{after quoting me talking two different times about two different people}There's also a lot of contradictory statements in your posts.
Um, no. HIM obv=Nuwen, and HER obv=Snow. No way around that.
drow wrote:It's quite obvious that I was talking about Nuwen here and not Snow_Bunny.
No. No it's not, because I wasn't talking about Nuwen at all until you brought him up.
drow wrote:fine. neither of us can read. you're still scum.
Admitting you don't read the thread after just calling it a scumtell?

If my lynch is inevitable, hammer me. But, if there's any way I can be saved from dying toDay, I'd like to see drowmage go.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
drow wrote:{about replacing scumhunting with mech discussion} Nice strawman. That's not what I said at all.
drow wrote:{about lynching persistence over wishy-washiness} Nope. Not what I said at all. You can twist my word to mean what ever you want them to mean but you're still going to get lynched.
In both of these instances, if you follow your thoughts through to conclusion, this is where they'll end up.
For the record, on the second point, I agree with drow here; town should be flexable, there's nothing wrong with jumping around and attacking multiple people on day 1, it's a good way to get information. Your response, which seemed to imply that "tunneling=scumhunting" and "changing your mind=being wishy washy and not scumhunting" kind of left a bad taste in my mouth, personally.
drow wrote:I'd tend to think if the scum attack and the town don't then it would become obvious who should be lynched.
That's a nice big juicy bowl of WIFOM for the scum to feast on, and I think you know that.
:eyebrow:

Are you really claiming here that being agressive is a scumtell, Kirby?
drow wrote: The case on tony is being pushed by scum.
Not all bad cases are scumbacked. You know this as well.
Wait; why is Tony a bad case?
drow wrote:{after quoting me talking two different times about two different people}There's also a lot of contradictory statements in your posts.
Um, no. HIM obv=Nuwen, and HER obv=Snow. No way around that.
You do know that Nuwen is female, right?
If my lynch is inevitable, hammer me. But, if there's any way I can be saved from dying toDay, I'd like to see drowmage go.
I don't think your lynch is inevitable, although you look suspicious. But I don't really see a case on Drow/Hohum at the moment.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Yos wrote:Are you really claiming here that being agressive is a scumtell, Kirby?
No. In this instance, "attack" meant using an "attack" action, aka "physically," not verbally.
Yos wrote:You do know that Nuwen is female, right?
Before now, I did not, thanks for telling me. Her "left side box-thing" doesn't say, so I just assumed.

I like how you just ignored all the rest of my points. Just because you can respond (not even refute) more than one-third of a case, doesn't make the entire case invalid.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Yos wrote:Wait; why is Tony a bad case?
Well, it certainly does not seem like a good case to me, unless you can convince me otherwise. Not good case = bad case, does it not?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Yos wrote:Are you really claiming here that being agressive is a scumtell, Kirby?
No. In this instance, "attack" meant using an "attack" action, aka "physically," not verbally.

I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm quite sure that when Drow was talking about "attacking" people, he was talking about "making cases against them, attacking them vebally, and voting them". That's what "attacking" means in a mafia context.
I like how you just ignored all the rest of my points. Just because you can respond (not even refute) more than one-third of a case, doesn't make the entire case invalid.
...what case?

That whole back and fourth about if "mechanical discussions were bad" or whatever isn't a case on Drow; honestly, I didn't respond to it because it wasn't worth responding to. Really, nothing in that big post you made was a "case" on Drow; most of it were minor defenses on your part against minor points he made against you. Which is fine; you should defend yourself when attacked, everyone should. But none of that was actually a reason to think Drow was scum, except I guess for your claim that "Drow not reading the thread is a scumtell". And that's silly; you and Drow both misunderstood stuff each other was saying, and then you guys figured it out; that's not a scum tell from either one of you.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Yos wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm quite sure that when Drow was talking about "attacking" people, he was talking about "making cases against them, attacking them vebally, and voting them". That's what "attacking" means in a mafia context.
But NOT what it means in a "melee" context. Look at what was going on at the time she posted that; she was definitely talking about attacking, not arguing.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Yos wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. I'm quite sure that when Drow was talking about "attacking" people, he was talking about "making cases against them, attacking them vebally, and voting them". That's what "attacking" means in a mafia context.
But NOT what it means in a "melee" context. Look at what was going on at the time she posted that; she was definitely talking about attacking, not arguing.
(reads back)

Ah, you are right. It was in response to me pointing out that I wanted to attack if anyone was going to be.

Still, I don't see that as a "case" against drowmage, at all; it seems a reasonable point.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

My point is, dorw, as Hohum, is someone I take to be an experienced player who should know if she makes such a WIFOMy statement, and I think she does know it.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:My point is, dorw, as Hohum, is someone I take to be an experienced player who should know if she makes such a WIFOMy statement, and I think she does know it.
I'm still confused about how this is supposed to be a scum tell.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Knowingly opening a WIFOM hole is scummy. Stop defending her and let her defend herself.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:Knowingly opening a WIFOM hole is scummy. Stop defending her and let her defend herself.
"Stop defending her"? I don't have anything to defend anyone against, because you have yet to make a case.

Two posts ago, you tried to use the fact that I ignored most of your post as proof that you had some kind of valid point. So, this is your trap; if I don't respond to a point, it means your right, but I shouldn't respond because that's "Defending her"?

First of all, I'll defend anyone I want to defend, thank you very much. Secondly, defending Drow was not my goal; I'm trying to figure out why you suspect him, because I'm trying to figure out your alignment, and none of the reasons you've given so far make sense to me.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by Kast »

@KY-
At this point, I suggest you claim if you have anything worth sharing with the town. Also, share any final thoughts.

@Y2-
It's extremely unfair to claim that KY was responsible for misunderstandings between KY and DM. DM has not been reading carefully and ignoring what's actually going on in favor of whatever preconceptions she has.

That said, I think we'll learn a good bit with KY's flip (either scum or town).

@Votes so far-
The lack of a runner up candidate suggests a few things.

-If KY is scum, his teammates are probably lying low.
-If KY is town, I'd guess the wagon is probably scum driven.

@Mod-

In case my turn comes up this weekend, I'm not taking any actions.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kast wrote: @Y2-
It's extremely unfair to claim that KY was responsible for misunderstandings between KY and DM.
Oh, I didn't intend to imply that. I just think KY is trying to make too much hay out of what clearly looks like a misunderstanding.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Kast: It is my policy to not claim until L-1. I'm not there yet.

@Yos: That is not drow's entire "case" against me. Read her posts; she called me out for saying the Nuwen/Snow fiasco was the only thing she had against me.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by populartajo »

Hey Yoshi, I thought you thought I was scum. Do you still think this?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Mmm, maybe. However, I'm not feeling as strong against you anymore as I am against drow.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

This game is stalling. And it's getting boring (and it's just D1... -_-U)

I propose we move to a Kirby's lynch. We only need two more votes.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:15 am

Post by chamber »

unvote vote kirby
lets get this moving.
Taking a break from the site.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

*sigh* ok, claim time. Not sure what I should claim in this instance, so I'm just gonna claim everything:

I have 20 HP, 13 AC, and +2 bonuses each to DEX and STR. I also have a +2 bonus to any saving throw I make.
My feat is that I can redirect any missed attack intended for me, but the redirection has a -4.

Sorry for my insolence guys. Looking back, Tajo WAS the first one to express suspicion of me, and it seems kind of forced, like he was trying to imply something was there when it wasn't. I'm actually torn between Tajo and drow now.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:22 am

Post by drowmage »

Really? You're not sure what to claim?

Claim what ever your role and alignment is. The fact that you don't know what to claim means you don't have a town aligned role.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Look above to see drow making a fuss over nothing.

Also, does anyone have "roles"? dunno bout you, drow, but us town folks have stats and alignment. I'd brush this off as a mere semantic issue, except you asked him to claim his role, after he had claimed everything.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”