Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

@WarWound - I suggest you skip the confirmation stage. That'll knock off some posts that are irrelevant to the game. But the thread is not that long anyway. If you knew you were replacing in you could have followed this game.

CrueKnight wrote:1: I think telling him he is being pressured won't do any harm or dilute the effects.

2: I still think he should explain why he misquoted.
1: Yes it does. The point of a pressure vote is to pressure people. If you are town, then you need to make it seem like you really think that person is scum so they actually feel pressured. If you admit that it is just a pressure vote and you don't want them lynched, then the scum aren't going to feel as pressured. Don't you agree? How can you pressure a person by saying you are voting them just for pressure?

2: Where did he misquote?

Furry wrote:Need to get caught up, but this is a fail of a HoS. Pressure votes work wonders. People play differently under pressure
I know, but he shouldn't say its a pressure vote.

Furry wrote:Starting a wagon somewhat vaugely is a great way to catch a player off guard, saying its for pressure kind of defeats the purpose though.
Then why did you call my HoS bad?

Warwound, an HoS is a Hand of Suspicion.

cruelty wrote:Hahaha.

There's very little being said right now that I feel compelled to comment on. Most of the thread seems to be taken up by your wall posts which are ironically light on content and heavy on the enter key.
Then why are you voting Haylen for her limited content?

cruelty wrote:Also, interesting softclaim in the quote above.
Where? By saying "I've never been scum before,..." ? This is my ninth game on mafiascum. I am dead in all eight of my other games. In all eight of those games I was town alligned. You can look. This game I am also town. So I have never been scum. No soft claim. Do you even know what a soft claim is?

CrueKnight wrote:1: If you looked at the context, all I wanted was for him to explain the situation.
2: As for why I told him is because he asked. :p But still, it won't stop him from explaining. Well, maybe I shouldn't have told that to him.
But it wasn't my goal anyways to sneak up and ambush him.
1: So that was the only reason? Because in Post 173, you say it was
just
a pressure vote. Why all the flip-flopping?

2: No he didn't. He said;
SolemnJ wrote:Your reason for voting me is bull, I repeat. /maintains vote.
And then you claimed it was a pressure vote in response to this. Also, even though SolemnJ didn't ask for reasons for you voting him, whenever a person does, don't say "it was a pressure vote." You explain why you have that suspicion.

I think I'll
Unvote Vote: CrueKnight
. I still suspect Mr. Squirrel, but CrueKnight needs to do some explaining.

4:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:32 am

Post by CrueKnight »

1: So that was the only reason? Because in Post 173, you say it was just a pressure vote. Why all the flip-flopping?

SolemnJ wrote:
Your reason for voting me is bull, I repeat. /maintains vote.
And then you claimed it was a pressure vote in response to this. Also, even though SolemnJ didn't ask for reasons for you voting him, whenever a person does, don't say "it was a pressure vote." You explain why you have that suspicion.
[/quote]
Ok, let me put it simply:
He said my reason was bull, avoiding my demand to explain why he misquoted... or falsely claimed something.
I repeated, I wanted him to explain. After seeing his previous response, it sounded if he thought I was going to lynch him or something. At least that's how I looked at it since he said his vote on me remains.
I thought it was harmless, and friendly to tell him the reason for my vote.

But my ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE out of this whole thing was to get him to explain some stuff and not just call it a bullshit argument.
├óÔé¼┬á Crusader Knight ├óÔé¼┬á

http://www.spore.heavengames.com
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:34 am

Post by CrueKnight »

please excuse my dear bbcode mess up.

malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:59 am

Post by malpascp »

unvote Vote: CrueKnight

You really got angry about having 2 votes on you
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
VistaSoldier
VistaSoldier
Townie
VistaSoldier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by VistaSoldier »

Unvote
Vote: Crueknight

In a rush so ill explain later.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (4)
- SolemnJ, Wickedestjr, malpascp, VistaSoldier
Furry (2)
- J-Fox, Torqez
cruelty (0)
-
WarWound (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
Mr. Squirrel (0)
-
Wickedestjr (1)
- Mr. Squirrel
malpascp (0)
-
J-Fox (0)
-
SolemnJ (3)
- Furry, Scott Brosius, CrueKnight
DeathNote (0)
-
Torqez (0)
-
VistaSoldier (0)
-
Katniss (0)
-
Haylen (2)
- Haylen, cruelty
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- WarWound, DeathNote, Katniss

15 players alive, 8 votes needed to lynch.

Mr. Squirrel has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by cruelty »

Wickedestjr wrote:

There's very little being said right now that I feel compelled to comment on. Most of the thread seems to be taken up by your wall posts which are ironically light on content and heavy on the enter key.
Haylen doesn't have limited content. Haylen has
no
content. This is worth a vote.
the nexus of the crisis
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Katniss »

Sorry for not being around. I was very much busy, but I'm back.

Wickedest, I keep going back and forth on you it's weird. Sometimes you look suspicious, sometimes not. I think right now, after reviewing the thread, of recent happenings, you are starting to look legit in looking for mafia. Your playstyle reminds me of another person I played with before, who happened to be town. I'm going to say you are innocent now.
I don't know what to say on Mr. Squirrels vote on you, to be honest. Perhaps we just had similar minds in thinking at the time, about you maybe trying to set people up, but that's gone for me now.

I am actually surprised with the train of crueknight, but then again, the reasonings have been alright. He was actually my first person I had my FoS on in this game. So I'm actually leaning on his direction right now, but still, I'm very picky and indecisive right now. To vote or not to vote. Err.. I'll think about it.
VistaSoldier
VistaSoldier
Townie
VistaSoldier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by VistaSoldier »

CrueKnight wrote:
1: So that was the only reason? Because in Post 173, you say it was just a pressure vote. Why all the flip-flopping?

SolemnJ wrote:
He said my reason was bull, avoiding my demand to explain why he misquoted... or falsely claimed something.
I repeated, I wanted him to explain. After seeing his previous response, it sounded if he thought I was going to lynch him or something. At least that's how I looked at it since he said his vote on me remains.

But my ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE out of this whole thing was to get him to explain some stuff and not just call it a bullshit argument.[/quote]

My vote for him was simple because of this. People were suspecting him for his strange posting etc. And he comes up with a post, which I believe has too much "solid" defending himself. And even though that's not too bad, with all those "bull"s in there, he's obviously under some stress to defend himself. I smell mafia.
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Katniss »

I decided, to
, due to several cases brought against him, and my earlier suspicions/case against

I am still not nearly confident as I would like and I really hope I'm doing the right thing here.
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:01 am

Post by Katniss »

EBWOP, sorry typo:

"due to several cases brought against him, and my earlier suspicions/case against"
him.

It's a little quirk I have that I have to fix obvious typos I make. :(
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:08 am

Post by SolemnJ »

CrueKnight wrote:

SolemnJ wrote:
He said my reason was bull,
avoiding my demand to explain why he misquoted... or falsely claimed something.

But my ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE out of this whole thing was to get him to explain some stuff and not just call it a bullshit argument.[/quote]

wtf is this?

First off, your logic WAS bad. How do I defend/explain BAD arguments w/o calling them bad?

Furthermore, ur being UNCLEAR about what you wanted me to explain.

You did your little OMGUS vote, and the reason you posted was completely baseless.

I'll post my attack on Furry later on when I have enough/more time...
All things are based on perspective.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Kdub »

I have some assurances from Haylen that she and J-Fox will post soon, so I'll give him a little more time before looking for a replacement.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Haylen »

Heya, sorry i've been pretty ill recently. Managed to catch a bug going round a place I was in for less than 2 days. It has not been cool.

Anywho, I will re-read and post ASAP.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:25 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

CrueKnight wrote:He said my reason was bull, avoiding my demand to explain why he misquoted... or falsely claimed something.
Which post seemed he thought you were going to lynch him? What made you draw that conclusion from that post?

Also, what is wrong with him thinking you want him lynched?

CrueKnight wrote:I thought it was harmless, and friendly to tell him the reason for my vote.
You can say your reasons for voting. You just shouldn't tell us your motivation for voting (such as pressure, to lynch, etc.)

CrueKnight wrote:But my ONE AND ONLY PURPOSE out of this whole thing was to get him to explain some stuff and not just call it a bullshit argument.
Then why did you say it was just a pressure vote?

CrueKnight wrote:please excuse my dear bbcode mess up.
I will if you promise to preview your posts. Deal?

malpascp wrote:

Can you elaborate on that? Where did he get angry? What made you think it was anger? Also, is anger a scumtell?

cruelty wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:

Haylen doesn't have limited content. Haylen has
no
content. This is worth a vote.
You aren't helping any more than she is. You have one attempt at a good post. Your attack is hypocritical. Also, is it a scumtell to not post any content? How much experience with mafia do you have?

@Katniss - What do you think of my vote for Mr. Squirrel?

VistaSoldier wrote:My vote for him was simple because of this. People were suspecting him for his strange posting etc. And he comes up with a post, which I believe has too much "solid" defending himself. And even though that's not too bad, with all those "bull"s in there, he's obviously under some stress to defend himself. I smell mafia.
I smell a bad case.

Katniss wrote:I decided, to
, due to several cases brought against him, and my earlier suspicions/case against

I am still not nearly confident as I would like and I really hope I'm doing the right thing here.
Which reasoning do you agree with?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

HoS: VistaSoldier

1. He made terrible cases against both me and CrueKnight. Both of which are starting to look like bandwagon votes.

2. I responded to his reasons for voting me, and he hasn't replied. He just changed his vote. I think he is trying to avoid having to respond.

Also
IGMEO Katniss
. His wishi-washiness is a bit too much for my liking. Also, there is something else I noticed, but I'm waiting for his next post.

@Furry - What did you think of my case against Mr. Squirrel. I remember you asking about them earlier, and you only made a comment regarding Mr. Squirrel's case against me. Also, can you please say who you agree with the most please?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Also, some serious questions I want responses to;
malpascp wrote:Yes I think I will win,
I mean, town will win lol
Why did you feel the need to add the bolded portion of that post?

Katniss wrote:I usually withold my vote until the joking phase is over.
Which do you think benefits the town more, not voting in the RVS, or voting in the RVS? (and don't say that the two are equal). Also, if everybody withheld their random votes, what do you think would happen?

Also, Katniss, how much mafia experience do you have?

SolemnJ wrote:/s proceeds tos dos quicks res-reads
This looks like an attempt to appear helpful, because I don't really see what purpose one would have for re-reading the thread at this stage of the game. Also, why did you need to tell us this?

CrueKnight wrote:Damn I hate being in the spotlight in the beginning all the time.
One person FoSes him, and he feels like he's "in the spotlight." I see no reason for a person to hate being in the spotlight anyway.

J-Fox wrote:1: I didn't answer seriously because I wanted to see what you'd say if I said I was scum. 2: Your answer is a quite good one.
1: That didn't seem like what you were trying to do when you responded. Also, your response didn't seem to have a serious intention behind it;
J-Fox wrote:Scum duh :P

:shock: Wait, did I say that out loud?? Sh-
It looks like you were trying to make it obvious that you were joking, which would defeat the purpose of your reason for responding in that manner. So it looks to me like you are lying, and I'm liking my vote more.

2: How so?

CK, what was the purpose of asking those questions earlier?

SolemnJ wrote:2. The line between the two is how valid I feel the suspicion.
I sense a contradiction. You want to get out of the RVS badly, yet you don't vote for somebody when they are worthy of an FoS, when none of the other options for a vote you have shown any interest in. Why?

@J-Fox - What do you think of my earlier vote for Mr. Squirrel?

Mr. Squirrel wrote:Personally, my vote on him is based almost entirely on the question he asked of me: "Are you good at scumhunting". While his questioning in general is rather annoying, it is not necessarily scummy. Then again, I've never played a game where someone asked a sh*tload of questions that anyone with a 3rd grade reading level could easily answer, so I really don't have any previous circumstance to compare his behavior to.

I offered to link a game for you in which I asked questions like these.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:It was at this point that I realized that there was no way to gracefully answer this question without causing irreparable harm to my reputation for the remainder of this game.
This is another unnecessary over-exaggeration. Please explain how your answer would cause irreparable harm to your reputation. Because if I actuallly attacked you for your answer, it would make
me
look bad. Also please respond to post 128, unless you know I'm right.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
wicked wrote:Also please respond to post 128,
unless you know I'm right.
Baiting? Come on. My vote on you before was very flimsy and I feel that I would have had no problem changing it, but the way you reacted to it leads me to believe that you may in fact be scum. However, you did say please so I feel it would be rude to not answer.

So now one of the main reasons you are keeping my vote is because of that comment? I see no problem with adding that comment, because you should respond to all of my posts directed at you, unless you agree with me.

Mr. S wrote:You know what? I wouldn't have asked any questions at the time. Know why? Because they don't get you out of the RVS. Accusations do. Just throwing out questions (especially ones as shallow as yours) leads to one sentence answers that are easily buried within the pile of random votes and are forgotten for the rest of the game.

So would you have been fine if I had asked better questions? Or do you just find me suspicious for asking any questions at all? And also, you say my questions are "shallow". Please give me some examples of better questions.

Mr. S wrote:And I don't believe a majority of your gameplay has been pointing out scummy things.
You might have commented on a few,
but mainly you have been focusing on these questions that you say are helpful to the game. However these questions help scum just as much as they help town. Asking questions like "who do you think is scummier out of X & Y" are pointless unless the alignment of those two people are currently in question. At the current time, all it does is give scum an early indication of what people's impressions are in the game.
A few suspicious things is enough to comment on, because first of all, those few things were all the things I noticed, and also, how many scummy things are going to occur in the RVS?

Mr. S wrote:
I wrote: Plus, it just makes you look stupid and detracts from any credibility I give your posts in the future.

I think you are over-exaggerating this.
Nope. Not at all.
Okay, then to what extent would my questions detract from any credibility you gave my posts? Please elaborate on that.

Mr. S wrote:
wicked wrote:Okay. I can see why you didn't respond to the question, but I don't see how anything bad would have happened if you had answered it.
See my post before this.
I did. It was a terrible post.

Mr. S wrote:
Wicked wrote:Me asking those questions resulted in you criticizing them. This followed with me and you arguing about it, followed by you giving me a serious vote. Now we have gotten serious. So I believe it was because of my questions. Also, I recently finished a game where I asked a question that you'd probably call "bad" that started the discussion. I can link you to it if you want.

Also, I find it funny how you complain about how bad my questions are and how they don't help to get us out of the RVS, yet you aren't even helping to get us out of the RVS.
Actually, by calling you out on your questions, I believe I did more to end the RVS than you did. All you did to 'help' was look scummy.
We wouldn't have gotten out of the RVS as quick if I hadn't helped to get us out of the RVS.So I find it scummy how you try to give me zero credit. Also, you didn't respond to the bolded portion.

Mr. S wrote:
Also, I find it funny how you complained about my questions possibly distracting people from scummy things that other people do, yet have focused your whole attention on me, so you obviously aren't concerned about what other people are doing.
Right now, no one else in game is giving off the same scum read that you are. For now, I will focus my efforts on you.
Just because I'm supposedly super scummy, that doesn't mean nobody else hasn't done anything scummy. So this is not a good excuse.

Mr. S wrote:
wicked wrote:For those two things I'm going to Unvote Vote: Mr. Squirrel.
OMGUS

Nope. Not OMGUS. I gave reasons.

Mr. S wrote:
wicked wrote:-Makes a case that consists of what I could do, instead of what I have done.
If you saw someone with lots of lumber, nails, shingles, tiles, etc. wouldn't you say that they were preparing to build a house? Why then can't I make the assumption that when you have made all the preparations to frame other players that you are indeed intending to do so? Personally, I'd rather catch you before you frame another player rather than after you do so.
But my question for you wasn't intended to "frame" you. Even if I had, it is not like anybody would be stupid enough to agree with me. You could simply bring up your defense. Also I like how you use the word "frame", because the worst thing I could do is badly accuse you, which is not framing.

If you had said that you are good at scumhunting, and I attacked you for getting something wrong, that would not be framing you.

If you had said that you are not good at scum hunting, and I attacked you for keeping my expectations low, that would not be framing you.

This is because framing includes lying about something to persuade people to think another person is scum. However, I wouldn't be lying if I said "he said he's good at scumhunting yet he was just wrong about something. He's scum" or if I said "he said he's bad at scumhunting, so he's trying to keep our expectations low. He's scum", because while both are assumptions, they both revolve around true occurences, which wouldn't be lying about anything. It would just be a bad attack.

VistaSoldier wrote:Vote:wicked

1: He seems to be talking really suss and 2: defending himself.
1: I don't really understand this. Can you elaborate?

2: Darn it. He got me. I forgot that defending myself was a scumtell.

Notes for Next Game as Scum

Don't defend against accusations. That would be
reaaaalllly
scummy.

cruelty wrote:I find you questionable WJ, I'd vote you but I'm uneasy about pushing a wagon this early. So you just get FoSed.
For what reasons?

Haylen wrote:Umm...the game has barely started.
1. We don't know your stance on anything yet.

2. When were you planning on posting content?

3. Why are you ignoring my other questions directed at you?

Haylen wrote:Well, there's not really much to post about when the game starts is there?
What are your thoughts on me, Mr. Squirrel, and SolemnJ?

malpascp, what do you think of the main subjects of the game?

CrueKnight wrote:I still think he should explain why he misquoted.
Where did he misquote?

Furry wrote:Starting a wagon somewhat vaugely is a great way to catch a player off guard, saying its for pressure kind of defeats the purpose though.

cruelty wrote:Also, interesting softclaim in the quote above.
Where? By saying "I've never been scum before,..." ? This is my ninth game on mafiascum. I am dead in all eight of my other games. In all eight of those games I was town alligned. You can look. This game I am also town. So I have never been scum. No soft claim. Do you even know what a soft claim is?
-Wickedestjr
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:44 am

Post by CrueKnight »

malpascp wrote:

ORLY? I wasn't angry at all. :lol:
I will if you promise to preview your posts. Deal?
K. Deal.
Btw, all Wicked's questions I believe I answered. Maybe I did make a mistake in letting him know I was pressuring him... why are you guys making a big deal out of this? So he knows now! OOoooo..... weregonnadie!
This doesn't make me scummy.

I agree with Wicked, VistaSoldier's point wasn't really pointful. I got some guys asking me to explain myself, so what are you going to do?

So I got what, 5 votes on me...?

So let me ask you guys,
do you want me to claim or to LYNCH me?
NO YOU'RE PRESSURING ME AREN'T YOU!!! :lol:

CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:47 am

Post by CrueKnight »

CK, what was the purpose of asking those questions earlier?
I was being a ridiculous fool. :p Just joking around.

Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Torqez »

Those last two posts are totally uncharacteristic reading your iso.

Imo, people have a tendency to overuse smileys and make light of a situation they otherwise would prefer to not be in.

Dodgy to me.

Unvote. Vote: CrueKnight

Warning to all: CrueKnight = L-2
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Haylen »

Um...you're not allowed to use spoiler tags. Im pretty sure it's against the rules.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Haylen »

Rules wrote:A7) You may not post in invisible text, encrypted text, or any other form of communication that is intended to not be easily read by all players.
Most mods include spoiler tags with that...

Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Kdub »

CrueKnight's post 217 is not really against the spirit of rule A7 since he wasn't trying to deceive other players with hidden content, nor was it particularly hidden. I'll let it go, but if he does the same thing with actual game-related content, I might not be as nice.
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Furry »

Wickedestjr wrote:
Furry wrote:Need to get caught up, but this is a fail of a HoS. Pressure votes work wonders. People play differently under pressure
I know, but he shouldn't say its a pressure vote.

Because it was someone making a pressure vote that drew it out... you agree with me that pressure votes are good, so why apply pressure to someone using one (even if they failed to correctly). Right now I fail to get a good analogy going (for some reason im trying to apply it to a knife fight... and cant stop doing so) but, it makes no sense to me.

Where is the rest of my luv triangle?

Also CK wagon is weaker then... a butter knife at a knife fight? Yeah that will do.
Temporary unretired alt
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Katniss »

Ok. I'll bite and answer these questions, hopefully to prove I am not mafia.
@Katniss - What do you think of my vote for Mr. Squirrel?
You voted on him for these two reasons:

"Also, I find it funny how you complain about how bad my questions are and how they don't help to get us out of the RVS, yet you aren't even helping to get us out of the RVS.

Also, I find it funny how you complained about my questions possibly distracting people from scummy things that other people do, yet have focused your whole attention on me, so you obviously aren't concerned about what other people are doing. "

I pretty much disagreed with you on that. I had a similar mindset on you back then, with the spitfire questions you were giving. Note, just because I am agreeing with someone doesn't mean I am aligned with them. I am not aligned with Squirrel, other than if he is also a townie. I hope this isn't leading to a mafia connection between the two of us.

Looking back on it, I am thinking your vote was a pressure vote, to try and accurate read on him.
Which reasoning do you agree with?
Well, it was mostly due to people saying his reasonings of voting for someone saying simply "It was a pressure vote" was a pretty bad reasoning in defending himself. Also someone pointed out his odd posts.

I know, I know, it's not a very good case, but it added to my earlier suspicions on him. Darn now I feel even more uncomfortable with my votes. I feel like unvoting now, but that leads to your next statement.
Also IGMEO Katniss. His wishi-washiness is a bit too much for my liking. Also, there is something else I noticed, but I'm waiting for his next post.

People made it clear to me that I can vote and unvote someone at any time, especially since votes apply more pressure than a FoS, so that's what I am doing. Apparantley using FoS wasn't a good thing, when I used it earlier.

I like to use the FoS, because I didn't want to appear as if I was being too wishy washy. That way if my mind changes on a player, then I don't look suspicious by voting or unvoting too much. My mind changes often in this game, like when I feel I am not too sure on someone, or if a person's posts were good enough to change my mind for the better, or fishy enough to change my mind for the worse. This is what happened for me, for you.

Something else you noticed..? Well I hope I'm not strengthening that if it's anything negative. =(
Which do you think benefits the town more, not voting in the RVS, or voting in the RVS? (and don't say that the two are equal). Also, if everybody withheld their random votes, what do you think would happen?

Also, Katniss, how much mafia experience do you have?
Okay. These last couple of questions, I saw earlier, as not very helpful, especially now, since we are past the RVS, so it doesn't matter, but I'll answer them to get them out of the way.

Voting in the RVS is more useful, it helps get people to have a starting point in the game. If everyone with-held their votes, we wouldn't be going anywhere. I guess it's just my playstyle to do that though, hoping others would start the ball rolling instead.

Experience. I'd like to think I have a basic understanding of this game. I played a few mafia games online. In RL too, but that's completely different to online. Not too much experience really, since I started playing this year. This is the first I'm playing on this website.

I don't know where you're going with this wicked, but there.

===

Also I heard something about smilies. You can't use smilies now, because they make you suspicious? What the heck? you can't do alot in this game with the FoS shunning and now the "hiding behind smilies" I really like smilies, and a bit of joking around, because it helps lighten the mood, and making me a bit happier, that it's only a game, instead of getting me annoyed with things being said. Now you take that away from me too. That sucks. :(

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”