Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Kast »

@Nuwen-
Mod did clarify that he won't be revealing any stats, but will reveal all die rolls.

Ex:
Player A attacks Player B.
Mod announces something along these lines:
Ignore the die results wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d20
1 20-Sided Dice: (6) = 6
Original Roll String: 1d6
1 6-Sided Dice: (3) = 3

Player A hits Player B.
Ignore the die results wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d20
1 20-Sided Dice: (17) = 17

Player A attacks Player B but misses.
He may throw in more flavor to reflect the RP theme, but it seems unlikely that we will see any actual numbers other than the die rolls.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:04 am

Post by TonyMontana »

So not even the person getting hit will know how much damage is done?

Do we have any idea of the possible range in terms of just the HP stat?
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kast wrote:-Our mod doesn't seem to check the site that frequently; all my PMs take a day or two before he checks them. He could also be searching for replacements before entering Melee Phase.

I suggest treating it like an extension and making use of the bonus time. Also Yosarian2 may want to submit back-up orders in case mod suddenly jumps in and ends this turn.
The reason I haven't attacked anyone yet is that, for the moment, I'm going with the "so long as everyone agrees to go along with it, we don't need to hurt anyone in the first meele phase unless we get a majority" plan. I was afraid I was going to have to leave that plan if Grover was going to, because I'm not going to skip my damage phase if unless everyone else is, but it now sounds like he's willing to be reasonable.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Kast »

@TM-
My mistake. Mod clarified he will not PUBLICLY reveal any stats. I did not ask, but am assuming, that TSQ will tell you if your HP count changes. It also won't hurt to privately ask the mod for an HP count after each player's turn (or ask to be notified if your HP ever changes).

@Yosarian2-
I'm not suggesting that you decide right now to attack a player; I am suggesting that you tell the mod what you plan to do in case he comes back and suddenly posts that your turn is over and you lose your turn. If you are planning to attack a plurality candidate, then you should probably say that. If you are planning to take no action, then it's probably unnecessary.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

The "Good Job Following Instructions To Make the Voting System Easier" Votecount

TonyMontana(1): Kast
Not voting: Nuwen, populartajo, TonyMontana, Grover, stark, Yosarian2, Snow_Bunny, Kirbyoshi, chamber, (farside22's slot), drowmage

The reason I'm not voting as of now is that I'm kinda still reeling from looking back and finding that Tony wasn't scummy. I need to do more research before voting again...
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Kast »

@TM/Chamber/Grover/SB-
To be clear, even if we do not have a majority in this Melee Phase, none of you are planning to attack anybody in this Melee Phase.

I dislike how TM has weaseled out of his previous contradictions on technicalities. I want to hear explicit positions from each of you so there's no more of this weaseling.

@Others-
Everyone else appears to agree with not attacking (or is not playing so cannot attack) until we reach a majority. If this is not how you feel, then speak up.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Um, a lot of people are voting right now, kirby. Many of them are voting for you. You can't just declare that old votes don't count and expect people to take your vote count seriously, especially in a situation where it obviously works in your favor...
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Kast wrote:@TM/Chamber/Grover/SB-
To be clear, even if we do not have a majority in this Melee Phase, none of you are planning to attack anybody in this Melee Phase.

I dislike how TM has weaseled out of his previous contradictions on technicalities. I want to hear explicit positions from each of you so there's no more of this weaseling.
And I dislike the accusation of having weaseled. I guess we'll have to live with it.

I won't attack, if no one else does (which i can say, since I'm last :p)
Upcoming
Mini
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Kast »

Agreed with Y2 that KY's votecount is extremely misleading.

Unofficial Vote Count:
Say something if it's wrong

KY-(4) Y2, Tajo, SB, DM
TM-(2) Kast, Nuwen
Y2-(1) Grover
Grover-(1) Chamber
Kast-(0)
Stark-(0)
Chamber-(0)
SB-(0)
FS-(0)
Nuwen-(0)
Tajo-(0)
DM-(0)

Not Voting:
Why?

Stark
Catching up?

KY
Confused?

FS
Replacing?

TM
No suspects?

Melee Phase 1: Initiative

Y2*
Kast
Stark
Chamber
KY
Grover
SB
FS
skipped if replacement not found

Nuwen
Tajo
DM
TM
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
The "Good Job Following Instructions To Make the Voting System Easier" Votecount

TonyMontana(1): Kast
Not voting: Nuwen, populartajo, TonyMontana, Grover, stark, Yosarian2, Snow_Bunny, Kirbyoshi, chamber, (farside22's slot), drowmage

The reason I'm not voting as of now is that I'm kinda still reeling from looking back and finding that Tony wasn't scummy. I need to do more research before voting again...
This fails. As it seems you can't even keep a good vote record, I'll just keep mine.

I'm even going to keep the votes from the beginning to avoid confusion. If someone feels a vote shouldn't be there, I'll fix it.

~The Real Unofficial Vote Count~

Kirby (4) - Yos, Tajo, Bunny, drow,
Tony (2) - Kast, Nuwen,
Yos (1) - Grover
Grover (1) - chamber

Not voting: Kirby, Tony, farside*, stark
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I wrote:I'll need everyone, in their next post, to tell me if they're voting, and who they're voting for.
I have no problem with people voting me. I do have a problem with people not following instructions, then complaining because their vote "doesn't count". Yosarian comes to mind.

@Kast/Snow: Are either of you going to be consistent in keeping up votecounts? It seems as though previous attempts have failed, but I'm willing to take it over, start with y'all's votecounts, with 1 votecount per page, provided someone changes votes between.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
I wrote:I'll need everyone, in their next post, to tell me if they're voting, and who they're voting for.
I have no problem with people voting me. I do have a problem with people not following instructions, then complaining because their vote "doesn't count". Yosarian comes to mind.
Because that's not how you do a vote count. If you think we need a vote count, you should just do one, like I did, snow did, and kast did, rather then try to get everyone to repeat themselves and thus slow the game down, and then get annoyed when they ignore you.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:46 am

Post by Kast »

@KY-
I don't plan to regularly post vote counts. If I see a bad one, I'll point out the problem. If it's horrendously bad, I'll put up a better one..

@SB-
You did not answer. If your turn comes up and there is no majority, do you intend to attack?
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Kast wrote:TM
No suspects?
I put my vote on kirb way back
Upcoming
Mini
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Erm, I just realized I'm at L-2...bad. Can everyone who's voting me state their case against me so I know what to address?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Kast wrote: @SB-
You did not answer. If your turn comes up and there is no majority, do you intend to attack?
Not now, at least. However, I won't let the game stall forever. If we go around two-three phases without attack I'll just go with plurality.
Kirbyoshi wrote: @Kast/Snow: Are either of you going to be consistent in keeping up votecounts? It seems as though previous attempts have failed, but I'm willing to take it over, start with y'all's votecounts, with 1 votecount per page, provided someone changes votes between.
I'll keep it updated, at least once per page.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by populartajo »

Sup, Kirby, who do you think is scum?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by populartajo »

Case kindly brought to you by Tajo!

1. Exaggeration of cases and weak cases. For obvious reasons, townies don't need to exaggerate cases to vote for a player.
Kirby wrote:Unvote, Vote: TonyMontana for not answering all the questions. There were 7 questions asked, and you only answered 1. Explain.
2. Tony explains why he didnt answer the questions. Still that was an unnecessary explanation. It seems our friend Kirby realizes this...
Kirby wrote:Meh, I guess that's fair enough.
However, he keeps voting him.

3. Potential buddying with Kast.
Kirby wrote:Kast also likes to dominate the thread. This isn't bad, just an observation. Until Kast makes a scumslip, I'm willing to follow his lead. Seems very wise, and knowledgable about this kind of game.
"Let's pretend Im scumhunting by telling everyone to commence scumhunting while I fail on doing it!"

kirby wrote:imo, it's probably time to stop arguing about logistics, do it the way majority has agreed upon, and commence scumhunting. Everyone good with that? I just get bogged down talking about how we're going to do everything; let's just do it.
"Ill call my attacker town:"

Kirby wrote:Kast, Snow, Tajo, and Nuwen are all town
but at the same time, Ill try to discredit him instead of trying to answer his case.

Kirby wrote:Tajo, I find it interesting that you're giving me flak for making a weak case, yet what's yours against me? "Lack of towniness"? Wow.
5. "Yes, my vote was weak."
Kirby wrote:Only weak cases come out of discussions like that, I don't believe in not voting, so I voted for someone based on a weak case.
"But Tajo is a hypocryte because he has a weak case on me."

Im worried about what people are going to think of my vote

Kirby wrote:I actually want to vote Tajo, but my reason would look up, down, inside and out like OMGUS.
Woops

Kirby wrote:Well, this is kind of embarrassing. I reread the thread, and Tony has done a better job of defending himself than I thought.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by chamber »

As long as no one is attacking this phase I won't either.

@kirby: Although my vote isn't on you atm I'd be almost as happy to see you hang as I would grover.
Taking a break from the site.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Kast »

Unofficial Vote Count:
Say something if it's wrong

KY-(5) Y2, Tajo, SB, TM, DM
TM-(2) Kast, Nuwen
Y2-(1) Grover
Grover-(1) Chamber
Kast-(0)
Stark-(0)
Chamber-(0)
SB-(0)
FS-(0)
Nuwen-(0)
Tajo-(0)
DM-(0)

Not Voting:
Why?

Stark
Catching up?

KY
Confused?

FS
Replacing?
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Tajo's 417:

1. How is stating facts exaggerating a case? I simply said he didn't answer the vast majority of the questions. I don't see any exaggeration there, as it is true.

2. Paraphrased: "Seems Kirby realized Tony's explanation was bogus, so he kept voting him." Is that scummy?

3. Again, nothing scummy about following a vocal player you have a town read on.

4. I was planning on starting to scumhunt in my next post, or whenever majority decided enough mechanics discussion, but that wasn't the majority, considering the posts after that.

4. Was everyone in the list you quoted someone who was voting me at the time? I can't remember...

5. Bottom line, I think it's ok for you to vote me with a weak case, as long as it's an early vote. If, however, you say that it's a scumtell that I have a weak case, when your case is no stronger, that raises my eyebrow o_O

6. Being concerned how people take your vote is a nulltell, as town doesn't want to be lynched any more than scum does.

7. Yes. Whoops. Sorry Tony!

I'm gonna pull a chamber and
Vote: drowmage
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Kirbyoshi wrote:@Tajo's 417:

1. How is stating facts exaggerating a case? I simply said he didn't answer the vast majority of the questions. I don't see any exaggeration there, as it is true.
You said it, and implied it was scummy, that it was a reason to vote for him. Looking at the context, I don't see that at all. It's not that he avoided answering questions; those 6 questions were all about how we should do a lynch, and he responded to all 6 by saying
Tony wrote:I started answering the questions, but realized it all fell apart by the fact that I don't think voting for a lynch candidate will a feasibly strategy.
As far as I can see, that actually is an answer to all 6 of Kast's questions, since all 6 of those questions are based on an assumption we'll lynch. You might not LIKE it as an answer, but to claim he avoided questions and is therefore scum really seems dishonest here.
3. Again, nothing scummy about following a vocal player you have a town read on.
Eh. There can be, depending on how you do that. ALso, you didn't say you had a town read on him, just that you were going to follow him "until he started dropping scumtells".
4. I was planning on starting to scumhunt in my next post, or whenever majority decided enough mechanics discussion, but that wasn't the majority, considering the posts after that.
It's not like there's a point when you just stop discussing mechanics and start scumhunting. You should generally be doing both at the same time in the early stages of a game like this. Also, vauge comments about how other people should be scumhunting while not sticking your own neck out and making an attack seems like you might be trying to look like you're helping the town without taking any risks.
5. Bottom line, I think it's ok for you to vote me with a weak case, as long as it's an early vote. If, however, you say that it's a scumtell that I have a weak case, when your case is no stronger, that raises my eyebrow o_O
There's a difference between a weak case, as in "a case that weakly implies a person might be scum", and a misleading, possibly fraudulent case. The first one is fine, especially on day 1; if someone is even slightly more likely to be scum then random, then that's worth looking into. The second one is often a sign of scum who's faking scumhunting.
6. Being concerned how people take your vote is a nulltell, as town doesn't want to be lynched any more than scum does.
I already explained this, but no, that's not right.

The best way to tell the difference between town and scum is to look at their priorities, to look at what their goals are, and to see if someone appears to be playing for a pro-town goal or a scum goal.

A scum's priorities:

1. Don't get lynched today.
2/3. Avoid getting your scumbuddies lynched today.
2/3. Look as townish as you can so you'll be less likely to be lynched later (sometimes higher then the one above, sometimes lower)
4. Find town power roles.

A townie's priority, especally early game:

1. Figure out who the scum are.
2. Get the scum lynched
3. Try not to get lynched yourself.

So, yes, both town and scum want to not get lynched, and so anyone who's attacked should defend themsleves. HOWEVER, if someone appears to be putting "Don't get lynched, look townish" at a higher priority level then "find scum, lynch scum", it's a great scumtell. If you are town, "is this going to make me look bad" should not be the thing driving your choice of who to vote, because finding and lynching scum is far more important. If you're scum, though, it should be. So, if someone is more worried about how they look then about voting for the guy they think is scum, it's a good scum tell.
Ok, why?
drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:50 am

Post by drowmage »

Yos wrote:
Ok, why?
[/quote]

Clearly and OMGUS vote.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Yos2: Do you think those priorities are universal?

You may call my vote on drow OMGUS if you want, but she's been causing misdirection pretty much ever since she came into the game, especially when it comes to me and my suspicions. Actually, tbh, beyond her, I'm not sure who I find suspicious. But the Nuwen/Snow fiasco is seeming more and more forced the more I read it, and she
may
have misrepped Kast as well.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@Tony: Next time you vote, please bold it. Otherwise it will be easy to miss.

Ok, Kirby is at L-2.

@Kast, Nuwen, Grover, Chamber, and the other lurkers: How do you feel with that? Are you ok with a Kirby lynch?

As Yos pointed out, Kirby's priorities don't look too townie to me, adding more to my suspicions on him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”