Mini 878: Nouns Mafia - Da game is ovah!

Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Konowa »

Net, you just proved that the wagon was
not
random due to the fact that it was based
on
something.
Netopalis, post 223 wrote:And another thing - if you want to see me scumhunt, check out my quick summary of the game with my suspicious in 144. Nobody really looked into it all that much, though.
That in and of itself does not constitute scumhunting. It is, as you said, a summary of the game and some brief one line thoughts on everyone in the game. You have not followed up on any of your thoughts in that post.

The adhom is not doing you any good in my opinion. Instead of mouthing off to Sens, why don't you point out where you think he has attacked you illogically. Also, why do you think tunneling is scummy?

Vote Count X

Netopalis:
4 (Konowa, SensFan, Iecerint, Boxman)
Boxman:
3 (elvis_knits, Seol, StrangerCoug)
Sens Fan:
2 (mathcam, Netopalis)

Not Voting:
(MacavityLock, Parhelic, Percy)

Deadline:
Friday November 27th, 12:00 PM EST
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Iecerint wrote:What does 156 have to do with his case on SF? Or am I just assuming you were implying it did?
#156 was Netopalis attacking SensFan, therefore I construed it as part of the former's case on the latter.
mathcam wrote:I think you're less likely to forget about a game as scum than as town.
Unvote: Boxman.

Vote: SensFan.

Cam
What leads you to this thinking?
Netopalis wrote:*shrugs* I started suspecting you because you failed to provide logic, not because you weren't attacking me.
This comes directly after a post where SensFan brings up OMGUS. OMGUS is voicing suspicion of a player just because he or she voiced suspicion of you. Either you misunderstand the term or the last part of what I quoted implies a misrepresentation of SensFan.
SensFan wrote:Let us assume I'm a Cop, neto.

If I am forced to make a list, I am forced to either place any Innocents I have on my Town section, or risk really screwing with people's attempts to figure out my targets if I die before I claim.

If everyone has Joey on their Town list, it tells the Scum Joey's probably not lynchable, something that is invaluable to them. If we just post who we find suspicious, there's probably 4-6 people that don't appear on anybody's list, and they could all potentially be lynchable.
This makes a lot of sense.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

SensFan wrote:What if I think Neto is scummy regardless of Boxman's alignment?
I'm open to hearing why. I asked why a scum Neto would slow a town boxman wagon. Tell me your thoughts.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Well, reading last couple posts I don't like some of the stuff Neto is saying. Boxman wagon wasn't random. Sensfan isn't illogical, or necessarily tunnelling.

If Neto thinks those things are true, I need more explanation, becuase I don't think they are.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Netopalis, 156 wrote:It's potentially scummy because a lot of your questions were really nitpicky. They seemed to be rather aggressive and, in a few cases, regarding things that just didn't matter. That being said, I only said it was potentially scummy, and it will be reevaluated as you play.
This is Neto's 156. He's explaining why he thinks my asking questions of players I suspect is scummy. Did you misinterpret this post, or did you mean to refer to some other post?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Iecerint wrote:
Netopalis, 156 wrote:It's potentially scummy because a lot of your questions were really nitpicky. They seemed to be rather aggressive and, in a few cases, regarding things that just didn't matter. That being said, I only said it was potentially scummy, and it will be reevaluated as you play.
This is Neto's 156. He's explaining why he thinks my asking questions of players I suspect is scummy. Did you misinterpret this post, or did you mean to refer to some other post?
Looking back, one of SensFan's posts happens to have intervened between yours and Netopalis's. That must be why I thought Net was addressing Sens and not you.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Parhelic
has been prodded and has roughly 16 hours to post before I seek his replacement.

New
Vote Count
up top shortly.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ok, first off, the quote was a mistake - I added on an "n't" that I didn't mean. It should have said that I was voting Sensfan because I suspected him, not because he was attacking me.

Konowa: You do have a point. But I still will maintain that it's an incredibly, incredibly weak reason to be starting a bandwagon on someone. I have yet to see this really defended all that well. All I have is people just asking me to restate this.

Furthermore, my attack on SensFan is not ad hominem. Ad hominem is an attack due to association. I am not associating SensFan with anything other than the Boxman wagon and I am not attacking two of the other people who were on the Boxman wagon.

Also, this:
SensFan wrote:You keep claiming my votes have been illogic, when I've explained them both quite clearly. .
SensFan wrote: You can also stop trying to get me to explain that Boxman vote. I will not be doing it in this game, period.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

Wow. Way to take that quote
completely
out of context. Like, you literally chopped off the part before it that shows why the vote was useful.
SensFan wrote:
Netopalis wrote:Then what is the value of such a vote, Iec?
Highly scummy reactions like yours.

You can also stop trying to get me to explain that Boxman vote. I will not be doing it in this game, period. We are well past the time when explaining it would help anything.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I'm not sure that the first part really changes the second all that much.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by SensFan »

Except for, you know, the fact that the first part explains the use behind the vote.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Netopalis »

So, wait, wait, wait. You're saying that there are two messages here.

The first is explaining your vote.

The second is stating that you won't explain your vote.

My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

The first explains a reason for such votes and a perceived consequence of the vote in this circumstance.

The second is stating that he won't explain what was going through his mind when he joined the bandwagon.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think Neto is wrong and possibly scummy with the recent accusations against sensfan. I think it's a little of a stretch to say his boxman vote was illogical because he didn't explain it. But I don't think he quoted out of context in 232 either. I think that the part he chopped really doesn't change much.

I think the argument is getting into minutae at this point. The biggest fact remains that Neto wanted to slow the wagon on boxman. That is the most important thing in my mind, and some of the rest could possibly be squabbling, so I don't want to get too riled up about it.

Boxman still hasn't done anything, reinforcing his scumminess. Neto hasn't mentioned this. (THAT is significant to me. He's not saying, "hey guys, maybe you were right about boxman, we're ten pages into the game and he still asn't done anything.")

I'm still voting boxman, and I will be until I see something good from him.

Iecerint is coming off to me as being sensfan jr. Konowa is also saying similar things but he seems original. Iecerint is like explaining what sensfan meant, and stuff like that. I find it sort of weird!
Talk nerdy to me.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Netopalis »

I haven't forgotten about Boxman, I'm just waiting for his promised post. I'm not opposed to lynching him if he doesn't show up, though - he doesn't have as much of an excuse now.

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:59 am

Post by mathcam »

Agree with the last two posts.
Unvote: Sens, Vote: Boxman.

I have to admit my eyes are glazing over a little at Sens/Neto. Basic feeling is that Neto's getting himself caught in some mild contradictions, but mostly because his words are being overanalyzed. elvis' point about Neto not adjusting his Boxstance is a good one.

Cam
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Iecerint »

Neto's been feigning ignorance at why SF would vote that way for pages now. (I say "feigning" because it's been explained to him so many times that I have difficulty believing that he really doesn't understand.) I don't have a problem with trying to end issues like that when they get out of hand.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:20 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Parhelic
has not picked up his prod and will be replaced.

Seol
hasn't posted since
Sunday
and will receive his
1st Prod
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Konowa »

Netopalis, post 232 wrote:Konowa: You do have a point. But I still will maintain that it's an incredibly, incredibly weak reason to be starting a bandwagon on someone. I have yet to see this really defended all that well. All I have is people just asking me to restate this.

It. Was. Page. Two. I really do not know what game-breaking tell you are expecting that early in the game. I pointed out earlier that if we were closer to endgame and a wagon took off based on something like that I would agree with you. However, it was page two and due to that I believe the reasoning to be quite solid. You have yet to explain what is wrong with this thought process other than saying that it is wrong.

As far as my adhom statement, I was going off what I remembered from the wiki. However, re-reading the wiki, I find that that was not entirely what I meant either. I suppose what I was saying is that the end of your post 221 is attacking Sens as a player as opposed to his arguments. Instead of just stating that you think Sens has been illogical, explain.
mathcam, post 240 wrote:Agree with the last two posts.
Unvote: Sens, Vote: Boxman.
This is most likely just a continuation of the bad gut feeling I got from his earlier unvote of Boxman, but something about this just feels off to me.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Seol »

Just checking in - I've had a lot of coursework the last few days, and have had enough time to read but not get stuck in properly. I should have plenty of time tomorrow.

I know, I hate it when people post to say they're posting too.
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Netopalis »

Konowa: I do see your point...You do have a valid one that it was page 2. I guess I really should have considered that.

And as for my illogical thing on Sens, I guess it was really just a reaction to his stated policy of not giving reasoning/posting his thoughts. In retrospect, I probably should have backed down a bit earlier....But I was attacked in a recent game for backing down on an argument too easily. I guess I'm trying to find the line where backing down isn't considered anti-town play vs. where pressing too doggedly is anti-town play. My apologies....I like things to be very organized and reasoned, and when people just act without explaining themselves in a game that is ostensibly logical, I get nervous. I know that there are many successful players on here who take the same tack...but I don't personally see it. That being said, it probably was a train of thought best suited for MD.

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 am

Post by SensFan »

Netopalis wrote:And as for my illogical thing on Sens, I guess it was really just a reaction to his stated policy of not giving reasoning/posting his thoughts.
I never said I won't be explaining anything I do, or anything even close to that.

Also, your primary goal shouldn't be not looking scummy, that's Scum's job. Work on finding Scum, don't worry about if you look good or bad while doing it.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, a townie who always shows up as scummy isn't much help, are they? They just get in the way....

SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:44 am

Post by SensFan »

Ah, but the whole point of scumhunting is looking for the people whose primary goal is survival, rather than caring about scumhunting.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Netopalis »

Fair enough, I guess....

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”