Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by Torqez »

Sorry guys, I forgot to post here, I'm usually V/LA on the weekends. Will be back active tomorrow morning (my time).
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:12 am

Post by Katniss »

Katniss wrote:Hm.
I am still leaning a little bit on wickedestjr
, but he has responded very reasonably in defending his actions.
To answer his question, I probably couldn't think of a question right off the bat, so no
FoS: Katniss

What are your reasons for finding me suspcious still then? Earlier you said it was because you didn't like the questions I was asking, yet, now you say you couldn't think of any better questions for me to have asked.
*sigh*

Yes,
earlier
I said I didnt like your questions, but that changed
later
. It was
later
that you gave good responses as to why you had made those questions, and I ended up thinking they were very reasonable, so looking back on it I figured that I may have been wrong about you
earlier
and as a result, I unvoted you, and thought of you as less suspicious. That 'little bit' part of my post was basically just my gut left over suspicions of you. As I said, it was only a 'little bit', so I wasn't feeling very strong in my suspicion against you.

Now I answer your question, and you twist it around to make me look scummy. To explain myself, I couldn't think of a question right off the bat, as in right now, because it's difficult to think of a question, when you aren't "in the moment" at the time, you had asked yours, then.

===

I guess, I'll do a quick lookback at your questions...

I'm reading now, and I see that some of your questions earlier were "what would you do if
X
happened?" About my playstyle, skill, and how I would handle the RVS stage and everyone joking. I viewed these questions as, more of a distraction, that didn't really have much use in helping find mafia.

I then, as I've posted earlier, only answered questions, questioning my theory on certain people who might be scum. Now
those
were somewhat better questions that could help decide if those people were or were not mafia.

Then you explained, later, that you were really just using these questions to get reads on everyone you were asking the questions to. Which, again, was a very resonable answer. I believed you.

===

Now I'm starting to see things a bit differently again. Your question of "What questions I would ask" was another question that doesn't help contribute in searching for mafia, which I ended up, answering anyway, just for the sake of it, which I answered honestly as I could. I thought, it would be the end of that, but apparently not. Instead I get FoS'd for it. In retrospect, it looks that it may have been a set-up, designed to twist any answer I would have given to make me look scummy. Or if not, (I'm basing this off of patterns I'm seeing in your interactions with me and other people) more questions would be asked, about the answers, leading on a never-ending back and forth question/answer debate, leading to nowhere, or until someone makes a mistake of saying something, that you could use against them.

Trying to get reads on people with a few decent questions is one thing, but sending a never ending barrage of questions to people (It's kind of difficult for someone, not to focus their attention on you when you keep doing this), some even if answered don't contribute much to the game, is another thing. It makes it look like you aren't really trying to get reads on people, but are really trying to bait people with nonstop questions, until someone bites, and they finally respond to one of the questions in a way, that can be used to make those look like mafia.

Maybe, I should have never taken the bait, it taste like scum. :oops:
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (2)
- CrueKnight, SolemnJ
Furry (3)
- J-Fox, Torqez, malpascp
cruelty (0)
-
YamiJoey (0)
-
Scott Brosius (1)
- cruelty
Mr. Squirrel (1)
- Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr (1)
- Mr. Squirrel
malpascp (0)
-
J-Fox (0)
-
SolemnJ (2)
- Furry, Scott Brosius
DeathNote (0)
-
Torqez (0)
-
VistaSoldier (0)
-
Katniss (0)
-
Haylen (1)
- Haylen
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (4)
- YamiJoey, DeathNote, VistaSoldier, Katniss

15 players alive, 8 votes needed to lynch.

DeathNote and VistaSoldier have been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Mr. Squirrel
Mr. Squirrel
Townie
Mr. Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:37 am

Post by Mr. Squirrel »

wicked wrote:Also please respond to post 128,
unless you know I'm right.
Baiting? Come on. My vote on you before was very flimsy and I feel that I would have had no problem changing it, but the way you reacted to it leads me to believe that you may in fact be scum. However, you did say please so I feel it would be rude to not answer.
wicked wrote:Haven't I been pointing out the things I think are scummy? What is wrong with those things I pointed out? I don't think the questions are distracting, and I don't think they are bad either. Please tell me a good question you would have asked at the time, or tell me some scummy actions that the town missed because of my questions.
You know what? I wouldn't have asked any questions at the time. Know why? Because they don't get you out of the RVS. Accusations do. Just throwing out questions (especially ones as shallow as yours) leads to one sentence answers that are easily buried within the pile of random votes and are forgotten for the rest of the game.

And I don't believe a majority of your gameplay has been pointing out scummy things. You might have commented on a few, but mainly you have been focusing on these questions that you say are helpful to the game. However these questions help scum just as much as they help town. Asking questions like "who do you think is scummier out of X & Y" are pointless unless the alignment of those two people are currently in question. At the current time, all it does is give scum an early indication of what people's impressions are in the game.
I wrote: Plus, it just makes you look stupid and detracts from any credibility I give your posts in the future.

I think you are over-exaggerating this.
Nope. Not at all.
wicked wrote:Okay. I can see why you didn't respond to the question, but I don't see how anything bad would have happened if you had answered it.
See my post before this.
Wicked wrote:Me asking those questions resulted in you criticizing them. This followed with me and you arguing about it, followed by you giving me a serious vote. Now we have gotten serious. So I believe it was because of my questions. Also, I recently finished a game where I asked a question that you'd probably call "bad" that started the discussion. I can link you to it if you want.

Also, I find it funny how you complain about how bad my questions are and how they don't help to get us out of the RVS, yet you aren't even helping to get us out of the RVS.
Actually, by calling you out on your questions, I believe I did more to end the RVS than you did. All you did to 'help' was look scummy.
Also, I find it funny how you complained about my questions possibly distracting people from scummy things that other people do, yet have focused your whole attention on me, so you obviously aren't concerned about what other people are doing.
Right now, no one else in game is giving off the same scum read that you are. For now, I will focus my efforts on you.
wicked wrote:For those two things I'm going to Unvote Vote: Mr. Squirrel.
OMGUS
furry wrote:Well MS basically could of said "It was a question that regardless of an answer would not contribute to the game, and at worst will create WIFOM. That makes it a useless to scummy thing to do so I am voting him for that reason".

That said, I basically agree with him up untill the voting part. If there was a push to use answers to these questions as tells later, then yes, its scummy. Untill then its just annoying and a better course of action is to push him to scumhunt.
Yea, sorry about the long-winded sarcastic answer. I was completely wasted when I got home last night. That said, I do agree with everything that I posted at the time.
wicked wrote:-Makes a case that consists of what I could do, instead of what I have done.
If you saw someone with lots of lumber, nails, shingles, tiles, etc. wouldn't you say that they were preparing to build a house? Why then can't I make the assumption that when you have made all the preparations to frame other players that you are indeed intending to do so? Personally, I'd rather catch you before you frame another player rather than after you do so.
Mr. Squirrel wrote: Vote furry...cuz I don't want to be touched innapropriately
A furry wrote: Dont be hatin' Mr. Animal in People Clothes *full body hugglez*
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:20 am

Post by DeathNote »

Here... don't like wall posts.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
VistaSoldier
VistaSoldier
Townie
VistaSoldier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by VistaSoldier »

Sorry, I'm back. Was away for like 2 days.
Anyway.

Vote:wicked

He seems to be talking really suss and defending himself.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by cruelty »

Bleh. That was an uninteresting read. I hate the early game.

I find you questionable WJ, I'd vote you but I'm uneasy about pushing a wagon this early. So you just get
FoS
ed. Also your enormous posts with heaps of empty space are very irritating to scroll through for very little content. More conciseness please.

Squirrel your post 146 is strange. Not going to read into it, but noted for future reference.

vote: Haylen
. Bunch of useless posts, no content whatsoever.

I don't feel particularly compelled to comment on anyone else right now, I have a couple ideas cooking but I'll hold off for a bit, not really convinced of their validity yet.
the nexus of the crisis
VistaSoldier
VistaSoldier
Townie
VistaSoldier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:56 am

Post by VistaSoldier »

Actually, I'm leaning towards a few other people now.
My vote will stand for now.
But I have my eye on SolemnJ.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Haylen »

Cruelty wrote: vote: Haylen. Bunch of useless posts, no content whatsoever.
Umm...the game has barely started.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:39 am

Post by Kdub »

malpascp and J-Fox have been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Katniss wrote:
Katniss wrote:Hm.
I am still leaning a little bit on wickedestjr
, but he has responded very reasonably in defending his actions.
To answer his question, I probably couldn't think of a question right off the bat, so no
FoS: Katniss

What are your reasons for finding me suspcious still then? Earlier you said it was because you didn't like the questions I was asking, yet, now you say you couldn't think of any better questions for me to have asked.
*sigh*

Yes,
earlier
I said I didnt like your questions, but that changed
later
. It was
later
that you gave good responses as to why you had made those questions, and I ended up thinking they were very reasonable, so looking back on it I figured that I may have been wrong about you
earlier
and as a result, I unvoted you, and thought of you as less suspicious. That 'little bit' part of my post was basically just my gut left over suspicions of you. As I said, it was only a 'little bit', so I wasn't feeling very strong in my suspicion against you.

Now I answer your question, and you twist it around to make me look scummy. To explain myself, I couldn't think of a question right off the bat, as in right now, because it's difficult to think of a question, when you aren't "in the moment" at the time, you had asked yours, then.

===

I guess, I'll do a quick lookback at your questions...

I'm reading now, and I see that some of your questions earlier were "what would you do if
X
happened?" About my playstyle, skill, and how I would handle the RVS stage and everyone joking. I viewed these questions as, more of a distraction, that didn't really have much use in helping find mafia.

I then, as I've posted earlier, only answered questions, questioning my theory on certain people who might be scum. Now
those
were somewhat better questions that could help decide if those people were or were not mafia.

Then you explained, later, that you were really just using these questions to get reads on everyone you were asking the questions to. Which, again, was a very resonable answer. I believed you.

===

Fair enough.

Katniss wrote:Now I'm starting to see things a bit differently again. Your question of "What questions I would ask" was another question that doesn't help contribute in searching for mafia, which I ended up, answering anyway, just for the sake of it, which I answered honestly as I could. I thought, it would be the end of that, but apparently not. Instead I get FoS'd for it. In retrospect, it looks that it may have been a set-up, designed to twist any answer I would have given to make me look scummy. Or if not, (I'm basing this off of patterns I'm seeing in your interactions with me and other people) more questions would be asked, about the answers, leading on a never-ending back and forth question/answer debate, leading to nowhere, or until someone makes a mistake of saying something, that you could use against them.

Trying to get reads on people with a few decent questions is one thing, but sending a never ending barrage of questions to people (It's kind of difficult for someone, not to focus their attention on you when you keep doing this), some even if answered don't contribute much to the game, is another thing. It makes it look like you aren't really trying to get reads on people, but are really trying to bait people with nonstop questions, until someone bites, and they finally respond to one of the questions in a way, that can be used to make those look like mafia.
I intended to stop asking so many questions once we were out of the RVS, and I doubt that the game would go on with me and another player arguing over something hardly relevant to the game. Also, even though I wasn't intending to twist people's answers, what would be wrong with that?

Katniss, now that you understand my responses and like them, what do you think of Mr. Squirrel still keeping his vote on me?

G2g, I'm sorry I didn't get to finish catching up. I should have enough time tomorrow.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:07 am

Post by cruelty »

Haylen wrote: Umm...the game has barely started.

So?
the nexus of the crisis
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Haylen »

Well, there's not really much to post about when the game starts is there?

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Torqez »

Kdub wrote:
malpascp and J-Fox have been prodded.

Mod: Does YamiJoey need to be prodded too? I just replaced him in another game and considering he's only just posted once (his confirmation post) in this thread, maybe it needs looking into?

I prodded him a couple days ago. He has less than 24 hours to post before I look for a replacement as per the rules.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Haylen »

I had to get a replacement for her aswell actually.

Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Torqez »

:o

her* then :P
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:36 am

Post by malpascp »

Just checkin in
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by CrueKnight »

Hey guys, sorry I'm, usually inactive during weekends.
I see we're getting a little more serious.

Unvote;
Vote: SolemnJ

Scott, ur vote is baseless. You think I'm scum b/c the tone of my answer was "bad"? You think I am an SK b/c I said I wish I was? Sigh, how am I supposed to defend myself against that?
I will like to see his response to Scott's:
I never said you were a SK. Guilty conscience?
├óÔé¼┬á Crusader Knight ├óÔé¼┬á

http://www.spore.heavengames.com
VistaSoldier
VistaSoldier
Townie
VistaSoldier
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by VistaSoldier »

CrueKnight wrote:Hey guys, sorry I'm, usually inactive during weekends.

Unvote;

Scott, ur vote is baseless. You think I'm scum b/c the tone of my answer was "bad"? You think I am an SK b/c I said I wish I was? Sigh, how am I supposed to defend myself against that?
Lol, there's still two people voting themselves, doesnt seem too serious to me. :P
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Post by cruelty »

Haylen wrote:Well, there's not really much to post about when the game starts is there?
You have posted literally nothing of note. Out of 28 (24 during the actual game) posts in the thread, there's been literally no game-relevant content from you.
the nexus of the crisis
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Haylen »

Lies.

I had a discussion with Wicked about the RVS, which counts as game relevent, and then I did a bit of ridiculous scumhunting too. I'm also right in the middle of a discussion with you about my ''non-participation''. Stop trying to go for an easy lynch >=(

SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:59 am

Post by SolemnJ »

Unvote;

uhh....yes, you/he implied it at least.

Your reason for voting me is bull, I repeat. /maintains vote.
All things are based on perspective.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Kdub »

WarWound replaces YamiJoey.

Vote Count

CrueKnight (1)
- SolemnJ
Furry (3)
- J-Fox, Torqez, malpascp
cruelty (0)
-
WarWound (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
Mr. Squirrel (1)
- Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr (2)
- Mr. Squirrel, VistaSoldier
malpascp (0)
-
J-Fox (0)
-
SolemnJ (3)
- Furry, Scott Brosius, CrueKnight
DeathNote (0)
-
Torqez (0)
-
VistaSoldier (0)
-
Katniss (0)
-
Haylen (2)
- Haylen, cruelty
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (3)
- WarWound, DeathNote, Katniss

15 players alive, 8 votes needed to lynch.
CrueKnight
CrueKnight
Townie
CrueKnight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:54 am

Post by CrueKnight »

SolemnJ wrote:

Unvote;

uhh....yes, you/he implied it at least.

Your reason for voting me is bull, I repeat. /maintains vote.
I'm just voting for pressure. I do not have any intentions to lynch you.
So can you quote it? We can then look from there.
├óÔé¼┬á Crusader Knight ├óÔé¼┬á

http://www.spore.heavengames.com
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
wicked wrote:Also please respond to post 128,
unless you know I'm right.
Baiting? Come on. My vote on you before was very flimsy and I feel that I would have had no problem changing it, but the way you reacted to it leads me to believe that you may in fact be scum. However, you did say please so I feel it would be rude to not answer.

So now one of the main reasons you are keeping my vote is because of that comment? I see no problem with adding that comment, because you should respond to all of my posts directed at you, unless you agree with me.

Mr. S wrote:You know what? I wouldn't have asked any questions at the time. Know why? Because they don't get you out of the RVS. Accusations do. Just throwing out questions (especially ones as shallow as yours) leads to one sentence answers that are easily buried within the pile of random votes and are forgotten for the rest of the game.

So would you have been fine if I had asked better questions? Or do you just find me suspicious for asking any questions at all? And also, you say my questions are "shallow". Please give me some examples of better questions.

Mr. S wrote:And I don't believe a majority of your gameplay has been pointing out scummy things.
You might have commented on a few,
but mainly you have been focusing on these questions that you say are helpful to the game. However these questions help scum just as much as they help town. Asking questions like "who do you think is scummier out of X & Y" are pointless unless the alignment of those two people are currently in question. At the current time, all it does is give scum an early indication of what people's impressions are in the game.
A few suspicious things is enough to comment on, because first of all, those few things were all the things I noticed, and also, how many scummy things are going to occur in the RVS?

Mr. S wrote:
I wrote: Plus, it just makes you look stupid and detracts from any credibility I give your posts in the future.

I think you are over-exaggerating this.
Nope. Not at all.
Okay, then to what extent would my questions detract from any credibility you gave my posts? Please elaborate on that.

Mr. S wrote:
wicked wrote:Okay. I can see why you didn't respond to the question, but I don't see how anything bad would have happened if you had answered it.
See my post before this.
I did. It was a terrible post.

Mr. S wrote:
Wicked wrote:Me asking those questions resulted in you criticizing them. This followed with me and you arguing about it, followed by you giving me a serious vote. Now we have gotten serious. So I believe it was because of my questions. Also, I recently finished a game where I asked a question that you'd probably call "bad" that started the discussion. I can link you to it if you want.

Also, I find it funny how you complain about how bad my questions are and how they don't help to get us out of the RVS, yet you aren't even helping to get us out of the RVS.
Actually, by calling you out on your questions, I believe I did more to end the RVS than you did. All you did to 'help' was look scummy.
We wouldn't have gotten out of the RVS as quick if I hadn't helped to get us out of the RVS.So I find it scummy how you try to give me zero credit. Also, you didn't respond to the bolded portion.

Mr. S wrote:
Also, I find it funny how you complained about my questions possibly distracting people from scummy things that other people do, yet have focused your whole attention on me, so you obviously aren't concerned about what other people are doing.
Right now, no one else in game is giving off the same scum read that you are. For now, I will focus my efforts on you.
Just because I'm supposedly super scummy, that doesn't mean nobody else hasn't done anything scummy. So this is not a good excuse.

Mr. S wrote:
wicked wrote:For those two things I'm going to Unvote Vote: Mr. Squirrel.
OMGUS

Nope. Not OMGUS. I gave reasons.

Mr. S wrote:
wicked wrote:-Makes a case that consists of what I could do, instead of what I have done.
If you saw someone with lots of lumber, nails, shingles, tiles, etc. wouldn't you say that they were preparing to build a house? Why then can't I make the assumption that when you have made all the preparations to frame other players that you are indeed intending to do so? Personally, I'd rather catch you before you frame another player rather than after you do so.
But my question for you wasn't intended to "frame" you. Even if I had, it is not like anybody would be stupid enough to agree with me. You could simply bring up your defense. Also I like how you use the word "frame", because the worst thing I could do is badly accuse you, which is not framing.

If you had said that you are good at scumhunting, and I attacked you for getting something wrong, that would not be framing you.

If you had said that you are not good at scum hunting, and I attacked you for keeping my expectations low, that would not be framing you.

This is because framing includes lying about something to persuade people to think another person is scum. However, I wouldn't be lying if I said "he said he's good at scumhunting yet he was just wrong about something. He's scum" or if I said "he said he's bad at scumhunting, so he's trying to keep our expectations low. He's scum", because while both are assumptions, they both revolve around true occurences, which wouldn't be lying about anything. It would just be a bad attack.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”