forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, in all seriousness...Does anyone have any reason why we shouldn't vote Chaco today? I think we're all pretty much in consensus, but nobody wants to go out on a limb and call for the rope.
ABR's reasoning niggles at me, but it could be WIFOM.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, if his motive is to get rid of me over finding scum, I'd think that's a problem. To me, what Albert points to is not an indicator of town at all - it's an indicator of scum trying to avoid their own lynch at any costs. As for his posts lacking the verbosity of scum defending themselves...when has Chaco EVER been verbose in this game? Not all scum play alike, and this is WIFOM to boot.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Chaco »

Neto, stop flattering yourself. I couldn't give two shits about you. Doom's where my foots at. You're AbA.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:31 am

Post by Netopalis »

Chaco, I was referring to what ABR said.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Chaco »

Also, verbose? I'm to the point. I'm having major issues conveying Doom's scumminess. Ever had the feeling that you absolutely
know
someone's scum, but you can't seem to explain why you know? I know why I know, but I can't seem to effectively convey. It's annoying.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 am

Post by Chaco »

Netopalis wrote:It means that he's trying to sound intelligent.
Net, instead of trying to insult me for a change. Which you've been doing for quite some time now, why don't you try to effectively scum hunt. Your subtle nudges and minor attacks on me are cute, but I won't appease by biting back. It was a valiant attempt, but one failing from the start.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Netopalis »

Chaco, ABR said that you weren't verbose and that pointed towards you being town. My point was that you are never verbose.

And yes, I've had those problems. It's called having a gut. Good players figure out how to corroborate their gut with better evidence. You simply can't lynch based on gut.

Finally, I think I've probably done more effective scumhunting than most players in this game. Certainly more than you.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Chaco »

I can be, but I see no need at this point. The argument is growing stagnant.

Indeed you can, and it can be successful. That is your opinion, not a fact.

This is also a rather humorous opinion, as you have no clue as to how effective it is unless you have insight into roles. In which case, that would counter your claim.

Also, the nice little jab at the end proves my point more. If you're going to become the same type of lawyer as you are a mafia player, I fear you'll be held in contempt. See I can do it too. Now squash this, it's not helpful in the slightest.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:54 am

Post by Netopalis »

First of all, it's "quash" and not "squash". "Squash" is either a vegetable or the act of squeezing, "quash" is to end an argument.

Second, lynches based on gut are generally terrible. I have never seen a lynch based solely on gut that was successful.

Finally, I never claimed that I had insight into roles, just insight onto what players are foreseeably scummy or not.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Chaco »

Netopalis wrote:First of all, it's "quash" and not "squash". "Squash" is either a vegetable or the act of squeezing, "quash" is to end an argument.

Second, lynches based on gut are generally terrible. I have never seen a lynch based solely on gut that was successful.

Finally, I never claimed that I had insight into roles, just insight onto what players are foreseeably scummy or not.
I prefer squash, as you are squeezing the life out of this game.

Then read more.

Really? I'd reevaluate then.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Netopalis »

Squeezing the life out of this game? Hardly. I'd put the burden for that on the players who never post or who are trying to drive lynches without reason.

Also, why should I do so? You've given me no reason to do it. We've given ample reasons why you might be scum.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Chaco »

As are you.

What happened to the certainty? It went from scum to "might be". You're slowly falling apart.

This argument cannot be town versus town, and I want to hear what others think on this matter.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Chaco, ABR said that you weren't verbose and that pointed towards you being town. My point was that you are never verbose.
Actually, the point was that Chaco is fine with dying, as long as DoomBunny goes with him. He's less interested in surviving the day than getting Doombunny dead. Or so we are to believe

This argument cannot be town versus town, and I want to hear what others think on this matter.
Why not?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Chaco »

Righto, Forbs.

I doesn't feel so to me, but I'm less interested in my own thoughts, and would love to hear yours.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I doesn't feel so to me, but I'm less interested in my own thoughts, and would love to hear yours.
I want to know why it's impossible for this to be a town town argument?

I agree that it isn't or I wouldn't be voting you, but I want your take.
-StrangerCoug

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Chaco »

forbiddanlight wrote:I agree that it isn't or I wouldn't be voting you, but I want your take.
I hold you to this statement, as should others.

Why it can't be? As I said, to me, it doesn't feel as it can be.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why it can't be? As I said, to me, it doesn't feel as it can be.
That's not good enough.

Why does it feel like that to you?

Effectively, you are claiming Netopolis is scum. So first, outright admit that.

You have provided no supporting evidence for that. Please, do so.
-StrangerCoug

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Chaco, I think what you're failing to understand is that you're basically doing the following:

"X is true. Prove me wrong!"

Well, that's not how it works. It works in the reverse - you make a statement and you prove it. If you can't prove it, it's not adopted. Continuing illogical statements in an attempt to make a hurried lynch lead us to believe that you are scummy.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Chaco »

Because the way he attacks is pushing for my lynch hard, when it isn't needed as so. The mere mention of me not getting lynched, and he jumps right back on.

I could only be claiming Netopalis is scum in the event that I am not scum. I said it couldn't be town versus town. That is not saying Net is scum, but it can allude to two facts. Either I am scum, or Net is scum. Effectively, I am giving you my consent to lynch me today, unless all suspicion of me is cleared. As that will only be a detriment to town in later days, and would rather be mislynched while that is still an option.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because the way he attacks is pushing for my lynch hard, when it isn't needed as so. The mere mention of me not getting lynched, and he jumps right back on.
And this is different from you pushing DoomBunny how?

I could only be claiming Netopalis is scum in the event that I am not scum. I said it couldn't be town versus town. That is not saying Net is scum, but it can allude to two facts. Either I am scum, or Net is scum. Effectively, I am giving you my consent to lynch me today, unless all suspicion of me is cleared. As that will only be a detriment to town in later days, and would rather be mislynched while that is still an option.
We assume that all players are arguing from the standpoint they are town. Are you planning to claim scum? Though yesterday that didn't work out too well.
-StrangerCoug

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Chaco »

Netopalis wrote:Chaco, I think what you're failing to understand is that you're basically doing the following:

"X is true. Prove me wrong!"

Well, that's not how it works. It works in the reverse - you make a statement and you prove it. If you can't prove it, it's not adopted. Continuing illogical statements in an attempt to make a hurried lynch lead us to believe that you are scummy.
No, what I'm saying is:

"Y is true. Prove me right"

And that's how it's gonna work. My lynch will prove it, as you know, which is why I do not oppose my own lynch. My role has no essential worth outside of numbers to the town. If that's what it takes to pin the scum, then so be it. Do it while we have the time. It's a win-win for you, unless you are scum. In which case you're pushing your own demise.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Chaco »

forbiddanlight wrote:We assume that all players are arguing from the standpoint they are town. Are you planning to claim scum? Though yesterday that didn't work out too well.
No, I am not. I am saying you agreed that it could not be town versus town, and I said I hold you to that statement. Why to you, is it not town versus town? If, and when, I flip town, will you retract your statement?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

No, I am not. I am saying you agreed that it could not be town versus town, and I said I hold you to that statement. Why to you, is it not town versus town? If, and when, I flip town, will you retract your statement?
Because I think you are scum. If you flip town, then I was wrong. It's that simple.

I don't see anything scummy about the argument, hence why I'm pushing you on the "not town vs. town" point.

What I see scummy is mostly your behavior overall this game.
-StrangerCoug

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Chaco »

forbiddanlight wrote:What I see scummy is mostly your behavior overall this game.
Which spawned when?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Which spawned when?
Huh?

At any rate, my feelings mostly established themselves in the post I voted you in. You said a lot that rubbed me wrong.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”