Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

Katniss wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Katniss - What do you think about this game so far? Do you think we are almost ready to start discussing seriously? When would you like to begin discussing seriously?
These Mafia games are pretty fun. I don't think we are almost ready to start discussing seriously, that part makes people enjoy the beginning part of the game more, so I'd let folks get that joking part out of their system, and eventually serious discussion comes out of it. I usually withold my vote until the joking phase is over.
If you are town, besides PR, you are only armed with your vote? Why not place a vote early? It's improbable a quick lynch will occur, there's no risk.

Katniss wrote:
Furry wrote:@Kat - What specifically do you consider the end of the random stage?
I'd say, when people start getting tired of the RVS, or start giving more serious theories. Like so:

Right now, I'm looking at Torqez and Crueknight. They both voted for Furry. Both were bandwagon votes.

I think Solemn J might have been oddly accurate with the Crueknight "random WAGON" post, even if Solemn J wasn't serious. Then all of a sudden CK proves SJ's:
No, he would have RVSed someone else, someone w/ mre votes if he erally wanted to wagon.
post, by switching from voting J-Fox, to the person with more votes (Furry) after Mr. Squirrel and Torqez voted, raising the votes to 3, being tied with Haylen. Then as if following Torqez's lead (if they are both mafia) added his vote, causing Furry to be the top vote with 4 votes. So yes, now it looks CK really is bandwagoning.

Not that bandwagoning is automatically a scum sign, but he has hopped on to two so far, which isn't really "random." And it's all I got to work with right now.

As for Torqez, his vote on Furry, was both a Bandwagon and OMGUS Vote. Again, Bandwagon votes, aren't an automatic scum sign, but it's all I got to work from right now.
I see wagonning as a null-tell in the RVS. It's a good way to get out of the RVS as you can get reactions from wagonning people.
Wickedestjr wrote:Scott Brosius - Who do you think is more likely to be scum: malpascp or SolemnJ?
SolemnJ at this point. The SK comment rubbed me the wrong way in his first post.

SJ: Furry is at L-4. Why are you so worried about how many votes he has? This is getting us out of the RVS.

Possible SJ-Furry connection.

Vote: SolemnJ
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by Furry »

SolemnJ wrote:Hm. Good lesson, then, anyways.
Tutoring, also payable in hugs.
...Chainsaw Defense?
Scum A is attacked by Town B. Scum C attacks Town B to take pressure off Scum A.

I dont like the tell personally, but lots of people swear by it.
Now...question: why does Furry have so many votes on him?
Still the random stage hun. I dont think any of the votes on me are serious, so dont go searching for a reason to wagon me.

@Kat - Bandwagoning is town. If it was a quicklynch attempt then its scummy. There needs to be a few wagons for the game to get going.
Temporary unretired alt
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Katniss »

Furry wrote:@Kat - Bandwagoning is town. If it was a quicklynch attempt then its scummy. There needs to be a few wagons for the game to get going.
Yes, I can see and understand that.
Which is part of the reason why I didn't feel too strongly on the people earlier, and only FoS'd them. It was just something to work off of, as I've said before, and it seems that my theory post, did help get the game going, thanks to the few wagons, otherwise I'd have nothing much to work off of. So yes, I agree with you on that.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I disagree. Asking stupid questions just spams up the thread and distracts us from any real evidence that other players might have or any scummy actions of theirs.

Haven't I been pointing out the things I think are scummy? What is wrong with those things I pointed out? I don't think the questions are distracting, and I don't think they are bad either. Please tell me a good question you would have asked at the time, or tell me some scummy actions that the town missed because of my questions.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:Plus, it just makes you look stupid and detracts from any credibility I give your posts in the future.

I think you are over-exaggerating this.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
wicked wrote:
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
Mr. Squirrel - Are you good at scumhunting? Should I keep my expectations high?
Does it matter?
Nope. I didn't really want you to respond. :roll:

Please answer the question.
I refuse. Whether or not I am good at scumhunting will be seen by my actions in game. Besides, that is a loaded question. If I say yes, you will forever hound my posts and if I ever slack in my scunhunting you say that I am scum who is not trying to help the town. On the other hand, if I answer that I'm not a good scumhunter, you will just say that I'm scum trying to set your expectations low so that you don't suspect me later on.

Just for that,
vote wicked
Okay. I can see why you didn't respond to the question, but I don't see how anything bad would have happened if you had answered it.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
wicked wrote:
Mr.Squirrel wrote:I really hope all of these questions are just a desperate attempt to end the RVS. If you are gonna be asking things like this all game, I'm just not gonna read your posts.
When we are discussing seriously, I will not question every little thing that people say. All of my game related questions will be serious. Are you glad that I am attempting to get us out of the RVS, or do you think I just shouldn't have ever tried?
I'm glad we are leaving the RVS, but I don't think your questions are at all the proper way to do it.
Me asking those questions resulted in you criticizing them. This followed with me and you arguing about it, followed by you giving me a serious vote. Now we have gotten serious. So I believe it was because of my questions. Also, I recently finished a game where I asked a question that you'd probably call "bad" that started the discussion. I can link you to it if you want.

Also, I find it funny how you complain about how bad my questions are and how they don't help to get us out of the RVS, yet you aren't even helping to get us out of the RVS.

Also, I find it funny how you complained about my questions possibly distracting people from scummy things that other people do, yet have focused your whole attention on me, so you obviously aren't concerned about what other people are doing.

For those two things I'm going to
Unvote Vote: Mr. Squirrel
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

G2g. I'll finish catching up when I'm back.
-Wickedestjr
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Post by Katniss »

This is interesting, to say the least. My other posts, from earlier, was in a similar vein to Mr. Squirrel, but I'm keeping an open mind on situations, and am going to retract, my vote on you Wickedestjr. So
Unvote.

You seem to be on track of, well I'm not sure where you're going with your strategy, but maybe it isn't mafia like after all. I still hold by how I answered your questions of my earlier, posts, except the part where I voted for you, which is possibly a mistake now. Because to be honest, those recent ones you asked me, (not the original ones) did have an effect on the current gameplay, as I realize now, after reading your response to Mr. Squirrel. So maybe, I was just too hasty to vote for you right now.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Katniss wrote:Wickedest, some of your questions right now, on people who haven't done anything suspicious, seem like a distraction, to keep from actual scumhunting. This in itself seems suspicious. I can see the build-up you are using to discredit and make people like myself seem scummy, in my case the fact that I FoS people instead of voting on someone.
My only intention with those questions was to start discussion. The main reason they start discussion is because people react to them in a strange way. Sometimes it works best if the questions are ones that make players feel threatened or pressured. This way the reactions are more telling. Also, keep in mind I didn't have anything to work with at the time I asked those questions. So, could you give examples of questions that would be more beneficial that I could have asked at the time?

Scott wrote:SolemnJ at this point. The SK comment rubbed me the wrong way in his first post.

Did you know that the SK comment was in response to my first question directed at him?

@J-Fox, Scott, and Furry - What do you think of my vote for Mr. Squirrel?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Anybody?
-Wickedestjr
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Kdub »

Vote Count

CrueKnight (2)
- CrueKnight, SolemnJ
Furry (3)
- J-Fox, Torqez, malpascp
cruelty (0)
-
YamiJoey (0)
-
Scott Brosius (0)
-
Mr. Squirrel (1)
- Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr (1)
- Mr. Squirrel
malpascp (0)
-
J-Fox (0)
-
SolemnJ (2)
- Furry, Scott Brosius
DeathNote (0)
-
Torqez (0)
-
VistaSoldier (0)
-
Katniss (0)
-
Haylen (1)
- Haylen
No Lynch (0)
-
Not Voting (5)
- cruelty, YamiJoey, DeathNote, VistaSoldier, Katniss

15 players alive, 8 votes needed to lynch.

YamiJoey has been prodded.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I wonder why Haylen and Scott have been ignoring this thread. They've been posting in other ones.
-Wickedestjr
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Haylen »

Lol...you really dont want to know what ive been busy doing.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

If you don't have any time to post anything, then you can at least tell us.
-Wickedestjr
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Yes I realize you directed a question toward SolemnJ, I didn't like the tone of his response.

I agree with your Squirrel vote somewhat. Saying your questions are not evoking discussion is wrong and its a weird case for squirrel to take on while we are still in the RVS. I still like where my vote is at the moment.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Haylen »

The fireworks are scaring the duck, she wants sheeps :(

Anywho, DeathNote and Vista need to be poked more

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 am

Post by Haylen »

PS.I don't ignore threads, I just forget about them. This is the second new york game ive been in, im used to just checking italy, rome and occassionally coney.

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

How many games are you in Haylen?
-Wickedestjr
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Haylen »

I am now alive in 3. I am dead in 1. And the reason i wasnt posting was because i had a very unstable mylo and lylo in a game that i've finished just now, and I won it :D

Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Furry »

Hmmph...

Whats the whole wicked-MS thing here? It seems to be that MS says wicked is scum for the questions he is asking, and the vote is returned for tunneling? A bullet point case from each would be nice, as once quote wars expand they tend to slowly drift away from the epicenter of the arguement (especially if good scum is on the defensive) and onto less important things.

I sort of agree with both from what I have seen. I dont like the questions from wicked since a lot of them are WIFOM-ish, and there are few if any strong conclusions that can be drawn from those types of questions. Some answers are even used as tells, which is even scummier. I dont think this is really a vote worthy scenario at this point in the game though.

The back vote on MS also just confuses me, possibly because I agree with him (agreement isnt indicative of alignment... agreement isnt indicative of alignment...), but more so that I think that making a attack with some merit behind it, even if its not the strongest, is a slight town tell as the RVS ends.

So I dont like either of those votes a whole lot at this point, as both players sit pretty near the neutral lien.

I would like to see some final conclusions from Kat pretty soon. Also some stuff from the people who had complained about the random stage.
Temporary unretired alt
SolemnJ
SolemnJ
Goon
SolemnJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by SolemnJ »

My vote stays for now.

Crueknight has only spammed
and defended himself. And was kinda dumb about it, too.
His voting pattern consists of his random vote, and then his self vote.

He fits my mold of scum/badtown.

I need to see how he responds to these accusations.

At those who think I am scum:

Scott, ur vote is baseless. You think I'm scum b/c the tone of my answer was "bad"? You think I am an SK b/c I said I wish I was? Sigh, how am I supposed to defend myself against that?

And @Furry, I'm posting my thoughts as time goes by, and I had thought that one shouldnt vote until he is ready to make a decision. Or at least, that's how I felt.

Is there any other reason you guys got a vote on me?
All things are based on perspective.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Scott Brosius »

I never said you were a SK. Guilty conscience?

You seemed concerned about someone being at an L-4 when we are nowhere near deadline. You seem antsy.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Katniss
Katniss
Townie
Katniss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Katniss »

Furry wrote:I would like to see some final conclusions from Kat pretty soon.
Hm. I am still leaning a little bit on wickedestjr, but he has responded very reasonably in defending his actions. To answer his question, I probably couldn't think of a question right off the bat, so no.

I put my earlier theory, on people stacking votes against Furry earlier, but that seems to have been discredited. It's almost over with now though as votes for Furry, are going down.
Really, I have no idea who to vote for just yet.
Mr. Squirrel
Mr. Squirrel
Townie
Mr. Squirrel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Mr. Squirrel »

Furry wrote:Hmmph...

Whats the whole wicked-MS thing here? It seems to be that MS says wicked is scum for the questions he is asking, and the vote is returned for tunneling? A bullet point case from each would be nice, as once quote wars expand they tend to slowly drift away from the epicenter of the arguement (especially if good scum is on the defensive) and onto less important things.

I sort of agree with both from what I have seen. I dont like the questions from wicked since a lot of them are WIFOM-ish, and there are few if any strong conclusions that can be drawn from those types of questions. Some answers are even used as tells, which is even scummier. I dont think this is really a vote worthy scenario at this point in the game though.

The back vote on MS also just confuses me, possibly because I agree with him (agreement isnt indicative of alignment... agreement isnt indicative of alignment...), but more so that I think that making a attack with some merit behind it, even if its not the strongest, is a slight town tell as the RVS ends.

So I dont like either of those votes a whole lot at this point, as both players sit pretty near the neutral lien.

I would like to see some final conclusions from Kat pretty soon. Also some stuff from the people who had complained about the random stage.
Personally, my vote on him is based almost entirely on the question he asked of me: "Are you good at scumhunting". While his questioning in general is rather annoying, it is not necessarily scummy. Then again, I've never played a game where someone asked a sh*tload of questions that anyone with a 3rd grade reading level could easily answer, so I really don't have any previous circumstance to compare his behavior to.

Like I said, my main issue with him is the nature of his question to me. After he demanded for a second time to answer it, I sat down and thought of whether I should just blow off the annoying f*cker and move on with the game, or if I should actually give in to his petty curiosity and give a sarcastic and very vague reply that he will probably spend the next five pages analyzing. I decided to stick with the later since the former would have definitely caused him to accuse me of avoiding him and to which he would then try to frame me as scum for the remainder of the game. So, now that I had decided I would answer his question, I tried to think of what the best answer would be.

1) I could say that I am the god of scumhunting, that the very air I breathe is holy amongst small mafia sects, and that my sh*t in fact doesn't stink. However, I decided against this action because I knew he would then expect me to find, single-handedly, every single scum and that as soon as I made the slightest mistake he would turn from simple-minded worshiper of me to a simple-minded hell-bent assassin trying to lynch me for leading him astray.

2) I could say that I am the worst scumhunter that has ever graced the game of mafia, that I can hardly clean the scum from between my toes let alone from this town, and that the only worse scumhunters on earth are illiterate. However, this would have also been a mistake. You see, doing so would make him forever say that I'm not even trying to help the town and that my whole "pitiful scumhunter" joke was actually a way to throw the town off me for the rest of the game.

It was at this point that I realized that there was no way to gracefully answer this question without causing irreparable harm to my reputation for the remainder of this game. I figured that wicked must be a mafia mastermind and that all of these questions are nothing more than set-ups in order to trap us with our own words so that he can proceed to rape the living hell out of our town before sitting on the pile of lynched bodies, smiling with glee at his victory. Either that, or I am grossly over-analyzing everything and should really stop sniffing glue. I decided to err on the side of caution and place a vote anyway.
Mr. Squirrel wrote: Vote furry...cuz I don't want to be touched innapropriately
A furry wrote: Dont be hatin' Mr. Animal in People Clothes *full body hugglez*
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by cruelty »

Am back, will catch up tonight or tomorrow.

Want my RVS though:

vote:Scott Brosius
the nexus of the crisis
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Furry »

Well MS basically could of said "It was a question that regardless of an answer would not contribute to the game, and at worst will create WIFOM. That makes it a useless to scummy thing to do so I am voting him for that reason".

That said, I basically agree with him up untill the voting part. If there was a push to use answers to these questions as tells later, then yes, its scummy. Untill then its just annoying and a better course of action is to push him to scumhunt.
Temporary unretired alt
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Furry wrote:A bullet point case from each would be nice, as once quote wars expand they tend to slowly drift away from the epicenter of the arguement (especially if good scum is on the defensive) and onto less important things.
-Says the questions have been distracting the town from scummy things that other players have been doing, even though I have been paying attention to everyone and I even directed one question to each player in the game.

-Says my questions will detract from any credibility that he'll give my posts, which I think is an unneccessary over-exaggeration.

-Tries to accuse me of asking a loaded question, which would have been a dumb idea, because it would have made me look bad.

-Says my questions aren't helping even though they started this whole argument.

-He complains about how bad my quetions are and how they don't help get us out of the RVS, yet he doesn't even seem to be trying to help us get out of the RVS.

-He complains about my questions being distracting.
I don't think this is actually a concern of his, because he has been focusing all his attention on me. All his serious posts prior to my vote for him have been directed at me.

SolemnJ wrote:Is there any other reason you guys got a vote on me?
I'm not voting you, but can you respond to this;
I wrote:
SolemnJ wrote:/s proceeds tos dos quicks res-reads
This looks like an attempt to appear helpful, because I don't really see what purpose one would have for re-reading the thread at this stage of the game. Also, why did you need to tell us this?
Katniss wrote:Hm.
I am still leaning a little bit on wickedestjr
, but he has responded very reasonably in defending his actions.
To answer his question, I probably couldn't think of a question right off the bat, so no
FoS: Katniss

What are your reasons for finding me suspcious still then? Earlier you said it was because you didn't like the questions I was asking, yet, now you say you couldn't think of any better questions for me to have asked.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:Personally, my vote on him is based almost entirely on the question he asked of me: "Are you good at scumhunting". While his questioning in general is rather annoying, it is not necessarily scummy. Then again, I've never played a game where someone asked a sh*tload of questions that anyone with a 3rd grade reading level could easily answer, so I really don't have any previous circumstance to compare his behavior to.

I offered to link a game for you in which I asked questions like these.

Lol. Mr. Squirrel's case against me consists of all the things I
might
do in response to his answer to a question I asked. I never actually did anything scummy, but he feels that I was setting up to get him lynched. How is that a valid case?

Also;
Mr. Squirrel wrote:It was at this point that I realized that there was no way to gracefully answer this question without causing irreparable harm to my reputation for the remainder of this game.
This is another unnecessary over-exaggeration. Please explain how your answer would cause irreparable harm to your reputation. Because if I actuallly attacked you for your answer, it would make
me
look bad. Also please respond to post 128, unless you know I'm right.

@Furry, another point for my case against Mr. Squirrel;

-Makes a case that consists of what I could do, instead of what I have done.
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”