EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by EriktheRed »

This part.
Symbol wrote:Hoopla/Nuwen/Tubby is the play.
Do you really not see how "Hoopla and Nuwen and Tubby" is not the most obvious way to interpret something written with shorthand for the word "and"?
-- Erik
EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by EriktheRed »

Scratch the second "not", eheh.
-- Erik
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Symbol »

"Or" is far and away the most common meaning of a slash.
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Symbol »

Further knowledge of basic English, written or oral, reveals that "is" comes after singulars, not plurals, so again, interpreting that the way you did is shitty.
EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by EriktheRed »

This is getting into semantics, and so, I'm content to call it miscommunication and drop it as a strike against you.
-- Erik
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Symbol »

Drop it as a strike against me? Gosh, I'm ever so grateful for your mercy, sire.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Erik, can you explain why you think people who set up chain lynches are scummy?
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by Symbol »

Huh.
JVW wrote:I'm perfectly happy voting for Suave since he's lurking and has made no pro-town contribution. Perfectly valid reasons to vote somebody - and the clincher is that the last time he played like this, he was scum. So yeah, I'm happy with my vote.
Does this ring scummy to anyone else?
EriktheRed
EriktheRed
Goon
EriktheRed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by EriktheRed »

Drop it as a strike against me? Gosh, I'm ever so grateful for your mercy, sire.
Yeah, as opposed to continuing to think you're scummy for it. I don't believe that idiom is particularly egotistical, but I'm sorry if I came across that way.

About your question, yes, JVW's definitely abusing meta to make a case. It's quite possible Suave plays that like regardless of alignment, and I still see him as prob-newbtown.
Erik, can you explain why you think people who set up chain lynches are scummy?
It's asking to deprive the town of the chance to use the information gained from each lynch. If we lynch, say, Tubby, we should obviously think a while on D2 instead of just going with some uninformed D1 proposal (it's less scummy on later days, albeit not too much). And the typical counter-argument is, "of course we'll use the information, you're strawmanning me". But if you plan to use the information in the first place to be pro-town, there's no pro-town reason to suggest an anti-town chain lynch; hence, I see it as scummy. This is especially so in Reckoner's case, with the "either/or" mentality that tends to lead to tunneling.
-- Erik
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Torqez »

Symbol wrote:Huh.
JVW wrote:I'm perfectly happy voting for Suave since he's lurking and has made no pro-town contribution. Perfectly valid reasons to vote somebody - and the clincher is that the last time he played like this, he was scum. So yeah, I'm happy with my vote.
Sorta yea. But then again, we have 5 people on Suave, so I'd have to assume that all of them would have to be 'happy with their vote' for some reason or the other.

Can someone please explain the case against Suave?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Symbol wrote:Huh.
Why is it scummy?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 am

Post by iamausername »

EriktheRed wrote:Regarding Geek "freaking the hell out," I think I, and anyone else, would question someone who calls a player I think is scummy as definitively town on why they came to that conclusion, too.
Hi, haaaaave you met Post #211? Specifically the final paragraph? I totally agree that it would have been perfectly reasonable for someone to question my town read on Reck.
EriktheRed wrote:Username, do you have anything against me aside from that one post of Geek's, not including the typical newbie game-overloading-and-replacing and fear-of-getting-lynched nulltells?
Well, first up, I disagree that geek replacing out when she did was either a) a result of game-overloading, or b) a null-tell. It was quite clearly a direct response to the fact that she was coming under heavy suspicion, and I think that is definitely more likely to be a scum reaction. Where newbscum will think "Oh god, they've caught me, I might as well give up", I'd expect newbtown to think more along the lines of "Why are they suspecting
me
? What's wrong with these people?" and probably go off on an angry tirade about it, not to run away scared.

There's also that whole bit with attacking Nuwen but refusing to actually admit that she was attacking Nuwen that was the reason I voted geek in the first place. There's nothing that you yourself have done as yet that's screaming out as scummy, but there's equally nothing that makes me think you are town.
Symbol wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Hoopla

Hoopla/Nuwen/Tubby is the play.
MacavityLock wrote:It's amazing how little our "must lynch" lists overlap, Symbol.
MacavityLock wrote:my current "Want to Lynch" 3 are: Suave, Erik, and JVW.
Interesting. Macavity's got both of my "Want to Lynch"s, and Symbol has both of my "Would Also Accept"s. (Not Suave, and not Nuwen, if you're wondering.)
Symbol wrote:
julienvonwolfe wrote:I'm perfectly happy voting for Suave since he's lurking and has made no pro-town contribution.
Perfectly valid reasons to vote somebody
- and the clincher is that the last time he played like this, he was scum. So yeah, I'm happy with my vote.
Most definitely - I've bolded the part that most sets off the alarms. He's not thinking about whether Suave is actually scum, he's thinking about whether he can get away with saying that Suave is scum.

Actually, I just read through julien in isolation, and he needs to die even more than Erik.

Unvote, Vote: julienvonwolfe
MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 am

Post by MacavityLock »

Torqez wrote:Can someone please explain the case against Suave?
JVW's been on the Suave-wagon for approx as long as me, and as I think there are more people questioning him than me, I'm of the opinion that it would be useful to hear his Suave case first. I am certainly willing to make the case, and if people like I can make that case no matter whether JVW does or not. But I do think it would be more useful to hold mine until JVW's. Does this seem reasonable?
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Symbol »

Most definitely - I've bolded the part that most sets off the alarms. He's not thinking about whether Suave is actually scum, he's thinking about whether he can get away with saying that Suave is scum.
Yeah, you pretty much hit on it. I thought it looked bad in general (intuitively), but the way he justified his attack stuck out. I've been clinging to a town read on him because his wall of text about Nuwen v. Geek struck me as a townie thing to do, but . . .
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Symbol »

I support a JVW wagon, at the very least.
Unvote. Vote: julienvonwolfe.
He's been actively lurking 90% of the game and his lazy obsession with a Suave lynch is crap (as is everyone else's).
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Vote Count (D1)

Nuwen (1) -- Torqez
tubby216 (1) -- ErictheRed
Hoopla (1) -- MrSuave
MrSuave (5) -- julienvonwolfe, MacavityLock, ekiM, xRECKONERx, tubby216
julienvonwolfe (2) -- iamausername, Symbol
Torqez (1) -- Hoopla

Not Voting (1) -- Nuwen

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: 12 NOV 2009 at 5:15 pm UTC (Countdown)

ekiM has been prodded. (2nd)
Last edited by HowardRoark on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Symbol »

RECK, I know you are online. Vote for JVW.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

MrSuave has been prodded. (2nd)
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by tubby216 »

can we get two more suave votes and end this nightmare called day 1??

cause its either that or this thread needs some serious Dio injection like yesterday
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vote: JVW
green shirt thursdays
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Torqez »

Macavity, that does sound reasonable to me. I'd like to hear from JVW regarding the whole Suave thing - im not in the least bit convinced.

Unvote. Vote: JVW

But I still have
FoS:
Hoopla, Nuwen

Also, @ tubby ...that last post of yours is extremely odd... Deadline is only 5 days away (not much in context of the whole day 1...) ...and your pushing for 2 extra votes for the sake of it? :s
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Pfft.
Symbol wrote:I support a JVW wagon, at the very least.
Unvote. Vote: julienvonwolfe.
He's been actively lurking 90% of the game and his lazy obsession with a Suave lynch is crap (as is everyone else's).
I'm hardly obsessed with Suave. Recently I've been finding Torqez to be suspicious.
Symbol wrote:RECK, I know you are online. Vote for JVW.
xRECKONERx wrote:
Vote: JVW
What nonsense is this?
Torqez wrote:Macavity, that does sound reasonable to me. I'd like to hear from JVW regarding the whole Suave thing - im not in the least bit convinced.

Unvote. Vote: JVW

But I still have
FoS:
Hoopla, Nuwen

Also, @ tubby ...that last post of yours is extremely odd... Deadline is only 5 days away (not much in context of the whole day 1...) ...and your pushing for 2 extra votes for the sake of it? :s
You shamelessly hop on another wagon, and then find it strange that another player asks for more votes?

---
MacavityLock wrote:
Torqez wrote:Can someone please explain the case against Suave?
JVW's been on the Suave-wagon for approx as long as me, and as I think there are more people questioning him than me, I'm of the opinion that it would be useful to hear his Suave case first. I am certainly willing to make the case, and if people like I can make that case no matter whether JVW does or not. But I do think it would be more useful to hold mine until JVW's. Does this seem reasonable?
I've given my Suave case already. Symbol accuses me of active lurking, which is ridiculous when compared to the way Suave coasts through the game doing nothing of note.

And I think my usage of meta is valid. The last time I played Suave, I wrote him off as newb-town, but he was scum. I'm not going to make the same mistake again - and so far he's done nothing to convince me that he's town.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Nuwen »

Hi! I'm back, I'm alive. After a nice, clean reread of the thread I'm comfortable with either a Tubby or Suave lynch. I was originally concerned that Tubby/Suave didn't have enough interaction with other players to use for Day 2 reads, but they've both established enough stances (and have been commented on by everyone else) to be more valuable dead than alive.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Symbol
Symbol
Goon
Symbol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:28 am

Post by Symbol »

Arriving conveniently after the hassle with you has blown over, as I expected.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Nuwen »

Your wall of text case is based on abstracts. If you have something you want me to address, ask. The existence of your case (as opposed to the threat of one) is more important to me than its contents right now. The basis will be more important down the road, after a few deaths explain Day 1 perspectives. I wanted to see an explanation to know one was there.
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”