saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by saberwolf »

I'll wait for PhaerieM's claim before placing my vote, even though it seems obvious that it should go on Nik.

I ask that all others please hold off too.
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by saberwolf »

Nikanor wrote:I am a
Mason.

saberwolf is my buddy.
We are confirmed town!
wtf is this?!?!?!?

The one person that I was sure was town, just gave the most bogus claim ever.

1. I am not a mason, I am VT

2. There is no mason role in the setup of this game

I also am suspicious of Toro claiming cop, but it does make sense in a way cause he'd want to push the claim that he's VT so that he doesn't get lynched.

Despite the fact that Nik's claim is totally bogus, I am not ready to place my vote on him just yet, something just isn't right...

anyone else left to claim?
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Post by saberwolf »

my computer is fucking up, please ignore the weird posting.
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 pm

Post by Nikanor »

How many times are you going to post that, saber? :P
saberwolf wrote:The one person that I was sure was town, just gave the most bogus claim ever.
This should be sigged.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by saberwolf »

so nikanor, you sticking to the mason claim, or do you wish to change it?
Show

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by Nikanor »

If I claim vanilla townie, will you vote Toro instead?
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:30 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Wow... all manner of ridiculousness ensued after I went to bed last night. A mason claim? In a basic cop-doc game? lol I have to give you points for flair. And if it *was* a gambit as town (which I highly doubt),that's idiotic to the extreme because we all could have come in and voted you very quickly based on your silly tirade. obviously bogus mason claim.

I am vanilla town.

The only question I have before placing my vote on Nikanor is: did toro have any suspicion of my predecessor day 1, that would make it likely that he investigated me?

Well hell, I guess it wouldn't really matter, right? I'm not the cop, so unless Saber is (which he has already said he's not) or Nikanor is, toro's claim is good. Nikanor, last words/claim before we lynch you?

Also, even if Nikanor does claim cop, we just lynch one of the two today & get the other tomorrow if we're wrong. So, we're good here right? :-)
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:06 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Nikanor wrote:Woohoo! I just finished Minesweeper on Expert in 308 seconds! That proves I'm not scum, right?
My record is 91 seconds. Nyah.
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:10 am

Post by PhaerieM »

I know it doesn't matter anymore, since we have our scum most likely, but I'm still curious:
dramonic wrote:nah, its fine, I dont care bout your read on me, you already confirmed what I was checking.

This is headed to be one easy town-win.
What did you mean by this post?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:20 am

Post by dramonic »

PhaerieM wrote:
dramonic wrote:nah, its fine, I dont care bout your read on me, you already confirmed what I was checking.

This is headed to be one easy town-win.
What did you mean by this post?
It was actually a form of rolefishing to try to see if the cop had investigated me. If someone had said they had 0 suspicion of me, I'd have been sad, since there was a chance I'd have been investigated and then it'd be a bit more wifomy XD
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:27 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Ah ok. Makes sense. Yeah, I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Nikanor will be the lynch today, and I'm fine with that. I'm 99% sure that he's scum, and if he's not, it's most likely that toro is right? Ooh or saber, but I'm pretty sure he's town.

So Nikanor has one vote on him currently?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Nikanor »

*Facepalm*
This has gotta be the longest day in Mafia history where someone has falseclaimed Mason in an open game.
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:37 am

Post by PhaerieM »

I'm taking those as your last words. It's good to know my newb instincts were right from the beginning :-)

Vote: Nikanor
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:56 am

Post by PhaerieM »

On another note, you did a disservice to your scum team by just openly throwing the game away. You could have pushed for a saber lynch; no one had investigated either of you, so you being scum was not the only possibility. Yes, both toro & I were suspicious of you, but don't you generally want to play the game all way through, and try your best to win? And isn't sabotage generally frowned upon on this site?

Although, had we lynched saber & he flipped town, you were pretty much dead tomorrow.. but still!! :-P

Considering your original scumbuddy tried that ridiculous replacement gambit, though, I don't feel too bad for him.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:04 am

Post by dramonic »

Vote: Nikanor

keep in mind even if your death wasnt instantaneous, its not because anyone believes you XD
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:07 am

Post by saberwolf »

I have to say, I was looking at dramonic or toro as the final scum. Both were on the AT/Budja wagon, but both had also jumped off before the hammer could ensue. Toro came back for the suspicious hammer, and claimed he had concrete reasons to believe AT/Budja was scum. I'd like to hear from toro what this was. I'd also like to know why he investigated VJ/PhaerieM. I find it weird that if nik is the final scum, that he unwaveringly stayed on his scumbuddy the whole first day...it makes a great bussing, but I'm pretty sure he could have saved AT if he wanted.

vote: nikanor
Show

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:26 am

Post by yabbaguy »

VOTECOUNT:
Nikanor (4): Everyone Else

Nikanor is immediately strung up by the neck and hung from the rafters of the Complex. Something falls off the body, first one of the Mafia's explosives which causes everyone to flinch and then... a note floats down while everyone looks at the bomb that dropped down. Toro grabs the note and immediately pockets it.

Well done. If that's a bomb, then I have reason to believe we've found our final infiltrator. Of course though, you still haven't found out that I'm the last scum, and there's no way to shut me down. Have fun spending the rest of your life in he- what the?

Toro, don't you dare unplug me! Saber, plug me back in right now! Dramonic? Phaerie? Aww, come on!

*fizzles out*

Suddenly, all the metal confinement doors open all at once in the Complex. Police are in there like a shot, no less breaking down the glass doors to get in. Immediately they swarm the place and take the four survivors into protective custody. The coroner immediately comes in and takes away the bodies of Budja, Taranski, and Nikanor. Soon though, the onlookers break through the police shield and swarm the Complex themselves. Immediately, the once low-activity Complex is now buzzing with life again, but with cameras and frenzied reporters, alongside family and friends who are now weeping for joy. The President, seeing all this, is also shedding a tear for those who survived courageously and the one innocent who died in the process.

Nikanor, Mafia Goon, Lynched D2

Doc dramonic
Cop Toro
, and
Vanillas PhaerieM, saberwolf, and the late Taranski
win!

Stand by for further analysis.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Night Actions:

Dramonic
protects
Nikanor
. (UHH...)
Toro
investigates
YamiJoey/PhaerieM
. (RECEIVES: "Innocent")
Nikanor
kills
Taranski
. (SUCCEEDS)

First off, a lot of that flavor I made up as I went. Hope that wasn't too obvious. ^_^

Toro claiming Vanilla out of nowhere was asking for trouble. Thankfully, there was no way that conflict was going to be an outright issue, but got a little worried when I saw him do that. You could easily get yourself lynched for lying and backtracking.

AndyTony quitting was a distasteful move. I'm surprised that saber wasn't any more astute to realize that it was because he was afraid of being tunnelled on.

On the massclaim, you all confirmed Toro and Dramonic since they had uncountered powerclaims. Since Toro investigated a claimed vanilla innocent, you basically had it sealed between either Nikanor or saberwolf. Then Nikanor claimed a towntell on saberwolf (as if the gambit wasn't inane enough) and... well that was the last of it.

Taranski, you really dug yourself a ditch throughout D1 by screwing around with everyone like that. I'm amazed Nikanor selected you for the kill, and would be eager to hear why.

All in all though, kudos for a perfect town win. The game was fun to mod, thanks all for not making my job a living hell. :)
Last edited by yabbaguy on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Taranski »

quick uneventful game. Almost best case n1 scenario for town. Best would have been the doc successfully protecting me.

gg town

dunno what yu were doing there AT
Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:42 am

Post by Taranski »

and yea, i got really bored d1 with the near guaranteed budja lynch. so i just said whatever. and it came off as it seeming like I knew budja was gonna flip town. I tried to imply that i was a PR in my last post of d1
PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by PhaerieM »

Go town!

Yeah, (not trying to be rude or anything, but..) the scum play was kind of crazy in this game, no? The replacement gambit; bussing so hard; then Nikanor, why would you kill Taranski, who people were already suspicious of?; the throwing-the-game-mason-claim, it just goes on & on. I'd be embarassed if this hadn't turned out a town win :D

Great job, yabba. I could tell you were making it up as you went along but that's only because your flavor matched what was actually happening in-game, and in my book that's a good thing! :-D I liked all of the extra bits with the president & flavor-ing the replacements & whatnot, it made it seem more realistic.

Thanks to yabba and everyone for letting me jump in at the end here, it was a great introduction to the site!
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:35 am

Post by saberwolf »

Hooray for a technically perfect game :D

I totally had AT pegged either way, his reaction to me tunneling was a clue, plus he was following his scum meta to a T.

Nikanor def surprised me. I put him and myself as obvtown for being the only two who didn't sway from the AT lynch, but I guess as soon as he realised that my plan had worked that he might as well go out in an interesting style.

GG everyone :)
Show

saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Post by saberwolf »

@PhaerieM: congrats on your first win I presume, it's just too bad you didn't get the full experience of a real game.
Show

PhaerieM
PhaerieM
Goon
PhaerieM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by PhaerieM »

Yeah, Nikanor seemed to be throwing the game from Night 1, honestly. Maybe before that. Either that or he just doesn't know how to play, but I doubt that.
saberwolf wrote:@PhaerieM: congrats on your first win I presume, it's just too bad you didn't get the full experience of a real game.
Thanks! This is my second game. I'm actually still in the middle of my first game, but on another site. It's slowed waaaay down, so I figured I'd hop over here and try to join a game. Fingers crossed for the outcome of that one!
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Budja »

I shouldn't have focused on the claiming, it made me seem like a certain lynch.
I should have claimed a PR.

Well done town, especially Saber.

Return to “Completed Open Games”