lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

@Budja: I was waiting on something interesting to happen. As it happened (Tjoe) I gave up joking and pointed it out.

@Vaya: I tend to miss your point. What is scummy in Mae's comment?
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Post by Budja »

Waiting around and joking isn't helpful. Juls explains it well in 31. Just keep posting content and I'll be happy.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Vaya wrote:
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:ask Vaya about my fishing record in our previous game.
You were scum in that game, so that's not really a point in your favor.
I know what's the meaning of fishing...that's what I've been pointing out
Vaya wrote:And I do think its interesting exactly how fast the Tjoe wagon built up. Every post after the first vote for him was either another vote on him or speaking suspicion of him. I'm not sure his comment was really
that
bad.

I'm not sure what that means about his alignment though, perhaps he's scum and his buddies are being quick to bus him so that they don't look suspect for hesitating at his wagon later. Or maybe scum here are just opportunistic, but the first scenario feels more likely to me right now. So I'm actually rather comfortable with my vote for now.
do you realize what you just say? whatever the scenario, the scum is in the wagon. between those 5 people, who is the scummiest? (beside Maemuki)
Vaya wrote:
Maemuki wrote:@ Tjoe, that's Hayl for you. Also, why do you want to know Haylen's real role? *waits on answer before she votes*
Oh, and this comment by Mae seems scummy to me. Basically saying she finds him suspicious, but opts to hold off on voting him. I'd be voting her right now if I didn't think she was busing Tjoe.
Maemuki wrote:*yawn*

Snow White doesn't know that I'm psychic for sure. Well, now you know.

*yawn*

So...to join the wagon or not...sure why not.

Vote: Snow White
you join bandwagon quickly earlier. what's with the hesitation?
Vaya wrote:And BTW Tjoe, you really are only at L-3, only because J-fox forgot to unvote.
sorry, didn't realize.
Budja wrote:
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:I'm not fishing. that's a sarcasm. I just want him to stop joking and do some real analysis.
Then why didn't you just say so?
that's the whole point of sarcasm. I never expect him to answer nor I need the answer.
Budja wrote:
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:Vaya & maemuki: I'm not fishing. he seem to get a free pass. and I'm not buying it.
A free pass with what?
I don't need clown roaming around. last time I play with a clown, the scum just waltz over town.
Budja wrote:
Vaya wrote:Oh, and this comment by Mae seems scummy to me.
TBH I was thinking of withholding my vote too as a threat so I don't see this as bad.

I'm not particularly bothered by the speed of the wagon, just so long as it doesn't devolve into a quicklynch.
and yet you vote me. did you expect other to put L-2, L-1, and hammer me later? or you are going to unvote if I get L-1?
Budja wrote:Waiting around and joking isn't helpful. Juls explains it well in 31. Just keep posting content and I'll be happy.
what have you done? who is the scummiest to you then?
Show
If you pick a fight with one Goblin, be ready to fight them all.
------ESL------
Finish game :
Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson -over- Town - lose
Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! -over- scum win
Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia -over- scum - win
StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare: D├â┬®j├â┬á Bastard -over- Town - win
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:11 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

it is always a wise course of action for scum to try softfishing as long as everyone is still joking... wouldn't you agree, Tjoe?

Also: sarcasm, according to wikipedia is "a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule, generally saying the opposite of what the statement really is." I don't see anything witty in your question to the duck, I only see rolefishing.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by Budja »

Tjoe wrote:what have you done? who is the scummiest to you then?
Uh you, hence the vote. If you read my posts you can see I'm posting content, what you think of it is up to you.
Tjoe wrote:and yet you vote me. did you expect other to put L-2, L-1, and hammer me later? or you are going to unvote if I get L-1?
If you are quicklynched, it will be easy to find the scum.
Tjoe wrote:that's the whole point of sarcasm. I never expect him to answer nor I need the answer.
Actually, with your slightly broken English (no offence intended), that is plausible.
unvote
Snow White
Snow White
Goon
Snow White
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 pm

Post by Snow White »

@Lewarcher. It simply means her random reason for voting you is invalid as she must have seen your post before random voting.

@Maemuki. Take it easy. Im alright just trying to get into the swing of things. Btw. you've had no qualms about getting on my wagon. Yet you are hesitant of a Tjoe wagon. Why is this?

@Haylen. Scum vibes from J-Fox? Where? I can understand why one may get them from Tjoe. And lastly admittedly the duck made me lol.

@J-Fox&Budja. Frankly. Ive gotten no immediate scumvibes from Tjoe. I assumed he was being sarcasmatic when asking Haylen would she continue to fake claim. But for future reference anyone whose going to use sarcasm should say.

To me this is in the RVS and while Haylen is perfectly entitled to joke, reading into a joke blows things out of proportion and simply = stupidity. Im not going to do that. It read to me, that he was being sarcastic, in the hope she would stop messing around.

@Tjoe. Ill be looking at your so called role fishing in your meta. As i occasionally do read over some finished old games and compare.

@J-Fox. Would you consider Tjoe's made a slip? Do you seriously consider him mafia in what is under three pages? Or can you contemplate that a townie can come under fire for a simple misunderstanding? Im not excusing him or what people have seen him as doing, but i find it a perfectly understandable use of sarcasm. To be condescending.

Obviously this differs to Lewarcher and presumably many others opinions.

But I seriously am thinking there are scum on Tjoe's wagon. There also might be a hesitant scummer but i do not like this wagon on Tjoe. Its way too premature.

@Vaya ditto on
Vaya wrote: Every post after the first vote for him was either another vote on him or speaking suspicion of him. I'm not sure his comment was really that bad.
I like ignorant people.
Cause they dont talk to me, and i dont wanna be talked to.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:01 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Yes, it may be true, Snow. I will add that my second soft-FoS is Budja. Acting way too pro-town, with all the posts about helping and not helping. As you point out, we are just on page 3...
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Vaya »

lewarcher82 wrote:@Vaya: I tend to miss your point. What is scummy in Mae's comment?
Its scummy because she's following the crowd and speaking suspicion of Tjoe, but at the same time unwilling to follow through completely with a vote. Possibly because she doesn't want to put too much pressure on Tjoe, or maybe she's afraid of looking suspicious for wagon hopping. And as Tjoe pointed out, this is particularly odd because she had no problem immediately jumping on the first wagon she saw before.
Tjoe Min Ja wrote:
Vaya wrote:And I do think its interesting exactly how fast the Tjoe wagon built up. Every post after the first vote for him was either another vote on him or speaking suspicion of him. I'm not sure his comment was really
that
bad.

I'm not sure what that means about his alignment though, perhaps he's scum and his buddies are being quick to bus him so that they don't look suspect for hesitating at his wagon later. Or maybe scum here are just opportunistic, but the first scenario feels more likely to me right now. So I'm actually rather comfortable with my vote for now.
do you realize what you just say? whatever the scenario, the scum is in the wagon. between those 5 people, who is the scummiest? (beside Maemuki)
Looking back, Haylen actually seems a bit worse than Mae to me right now. She votes you, sure that you are scum, then tries to paint you as scum along with J-fox. I think she knows you're scum, and is trying to make herself not look bad by voting you and make J-fox look suspicious, in case you are lynched later and flip scum.

@Haylen
May as well ask, why do you think J-fox is scum?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:57 am

Post by Haylen »

Vaya wrote: Looking back, Haylen actually seems a bit worse than Mae to me right now. She votes you, sure that you are scum, then tries to paint you as scum along with J-fox. I think she knows you're scum, and is trying to make herself not look bad by voting you and make J-fox look suspicious, in case you are lynched later and flip scum.

@Haylen
May as well ask, why do you think J-fox is scum?
Instinct.
I put a lot of trust in them because they're generally right. Usually, I play completely by instinct on day one and then use logic afterwards. Cause I don't feel I ever have enough concrete info on day one to logically call somebody scum.

I fully understand how this will implicate me if either J-Fox or Tjoe flip scum, i've only just recently started using my instinct properly in games, so it will be interesting to see if I am right this time.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Taranski »

So you are implying that you have some sort of legitimate suspicion[based on instinct] that someone is scum a few posts into d1. Your 'instinct' activates right off the bat? As soon as someone posts?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Haylen »

Exactly. Dont knock it, im right most of the time. Would you like some examples of games?

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:20 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Dun need examples: luck is luck, doesn't depend on talent or skills. Do what you want with your instinct, but do not expect that I will think it is reliable. To me the answer "instinct" is = to no answer at all.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Haylen »

Good. Then dont say my theories suck when i base them on instinct during day one.

lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:15 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Did I? Where?

Besides, sorry, I am going to be V/LA til sunday, hate to do it, but I cannot help it.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by Budja »

Nothing wrong with instinct, as long as it doesn't replace scum-hunting. Just don't expect me to follow a gut read blindly.

@lewarcher, whats so wrong with acting pro-town.

More later..
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:19 am

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

lewarcher82 wrote:it is always a wise course of action for scum to try softfishing as long as everyone is still joking... wouldn't you agree, Tjoe?

Also: sarcasm, according to wikipedia is "a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule, generally saying the opposite of what the statement really is." I don't see anything witty in your question to the duck, I only see rolefishing.
whatever, I have no intention to rolefishing! if you read it that way, pardon my ESL.
Budja wrote:
Tjoe wrote:what have you done? who is the scummiest to you then?
Uh you, hence the vote. If you read my posts you can see I'm posting content, what you think of it is up to you.
me? name a case against me! (beside "what so called softfishing")
Budja wrote:
Tjoe wrote:and yet you vote me. did you expect other to put L-2, L-1, and hammer me later? or you are going to unvote if I get L-1?
If you are quicklynched, it will be easy to find the scum.
uh oh...so you agree to quicklynching then...
Budja wrote:
Tjoe wrote:that's the whole point of sarcasm. I never expect him to answer nor I need the answer.
Actually, with your slightly broken English (no offence intended), that is plausible.
unvote
that's why I put ESL in my sig.
Snow White wrote:@Tjoe. Ill be looking at your so called role fishing in your meta. As i occasionally do read over some finished old games and compare.
it's poptajo's game (the one in my sig)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=600
Show
------ESL------
Finish game :
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Budja »

Tjoe wrote:uh oh...so you agree to quicklynching then...
If you am quick-lynched, it will be by scum at this stage.
Tjoe wrote:me? name a case against me! (beside "what so called softfishing")
You are responding with a little panic. That post is a little fractured, I am less sure now, hence the unvote.
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

Budja wrote:
Tjoe wrote:uh oh...so you agree to quicklynching then...
If you am quick-lynched, it will be by scum at this stage.
how about the wagon?
do you think the scum is in there?
Budja wrote:
Tjoe wrote:me? name a case against me! (beside "what so called softfishing")
You are responding with a little panic. That post is a little fractured, I am less sure now, hence the unvote.
which one you called panic?
Show
------ESL------
Finish game :
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Oman »

The "Overstimulated" Votecount

In descending order of mob hatred:
Tjoe Min Ja (4): lewarcher82, Vaya, Haylen, J-Fox,

Haylen (2): Taranski, Tjoe Min Ja
Snow White (1): Juls
lewarcher82 (1): Maemuki
Taranski (1): mentosman8
Vaya (1): Malthusis
Maemuki (1): Snow White

Not Voting: Budja,

12A,7L

Deadline is still 17 Nov 2009 2040 UTC

War is a dangerous game, one that requires well trained armies

While one day you may end up with a military poised to attack or defend at full cost of their own lives.

However, if you don't continue to post and hunt the scum, you will remain where you are. Which, if you're wondering, is right here:

And I know who I'd trust to protect my province.

EDIT: Fuck fair use, on both of those images.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:03 am

Post by Juls »

I apologize for not posting much. I replaced into a game 50 pages in and have caught up on it now finally and have had some school work to attend to the past two days as well. For now...forgiven but not forgotten, I will
unvote
Snow White.

I applaud Haylen on following his gut on Day 1. I also have a "gut" read on someone and that is Budja. I am having some of the same feelings I was having about him the last time we played and he was scum and I was town. Don't ask me to pinpoint it, this is just a feeling at this point.

Other than that the wagon on Tjoe was fine. It was about pressure. What concerns me is that it is still 4 strong. lewarcher, J-Fox, Haylen, Vaya...are you still convinced he was not being sarcastic and think he is scum? why or why not.

I don't like how Maemuki followed me onto the Snow White vote. It was such a production. I would have respected it more if it had been: I agree with Juls followed by a vote. Is it scummy yet? I don't know. I just didn't like it.

Hmmm...I really don't have a lot to go on at this point so I am going to go with my gut read.

Vote: Budja
-------------------------------------
Juls
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:49 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I am back. Sorry for the long absence. Well, I finally see a votecount and I have to say that 4 votes on Tjoe's head just for the soft-fishing we all noticed is a bit too much. I prefere to
unvote
for now.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Maemuki »

I think it's safe to say that we're out of the RVS.
Unvote.

Tjoe Min Ja wrote:it's poptajo's game (the one in my sig)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=600
You were scum on that game. Better meta evidence please.
Tjoe wrote:whatever, I have no intention to rolefishing! if you read it that way, pardon my ESL.
Mmmmmm...English is not my first language as well. Why is that an excuse? I can believe this on this case, but will you be using this excuse?
how about the wagon?
do you think the scum is in there?
I know this is not directed to me. But - depends on your flip. Don't worry, you're not the primary lynch candidate...for now.
Exactly. Dont knock it, im right most of the time. Would you like some examples of games?
As long as you don't use gut on lylo I'm happy.

More tomorrow.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Budja »

Can't defend myself against a gut-read. (Deja Vu). I have no real knowledge of my scum meta, but my play-style varys greatly from game to game.

@Tjoe, I don't know if scum are on your wagon or not. I don't feel that anyone joined your wagon for bad reasons.
Maemuki wrote: Don't worry, you're not the primary lynch candidate...for now.
Then who is?

---
lewarcher wrote: it is always a wise course of action for scum to try softfishing as long as everyone is still joking... wouldn't you agree, Tjoe?

lewarcher wrote: Well, I finally see a votecount and I have to say that 4 votes on Tjoe's head just for the soft-fishing we all noticed is a bit too much.
Why the change of heart? You looked a lot more certain of the tell before.
Also, you say you are unvoting for the size of the wagon. I find it hard to believe you hadn't noticed all the other vote before.

vote lewarcher
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Juls »

@Budja...you know I <3 you no matter your alignment.

It is quite interesting that you would use the exact same words in your defense though. But I have bigger fish to fry and you point out exactly why...town points for you.

lewarcher...tsk tsk...I don't like your 180 just cause someone (me) mentions the wagon is getting attention.

unvote, vote: lewarcher
-------------------------------------
Juls
Tjoe Min Ja
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Tjoe Min Ja
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:35 am

Post by Tjoe Min Ja »

@Maemuki : I already complete 4 games so far :

1. town - Mini 838: Jeopardy in Jefferson (Little Italy)
town lose
2. scum - Mini 839 -- Mafia Invasion! (Little Italy)
scum win

my first 2 game was total chaos. if you wanna read it have a look

3. town - Mini 843- The Fast and the Furious Mafia! (Coney Island)
replaced due to long VLA - mod error (I thought I can win this:P)
4. scum - Mini 840. Tajo's I love you Mafia. (Coney Island)
scum win

@lewarcher : why you didn't unvote earlier? you got opportunity to unvote.
it seem that you unvote only because you don't believe you can quicklynch me.
vote lewarcher
Show
------ESL------
Finish game :

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”