The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Okay, finally done catching up in another game. Working on this one now.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Dramonic:

1. Tons of useless throw-away posts/one liners.
2. Lots of rolefishing and speculation.
3. Consummate bandwagoner.

In addition:

1. Voted Kise (iso 1) for his goofy intro. Backs off when nobody joins. Scum looking for an easy wagon.
2. Jumped townie DeathNote
3. Pushed a townie to suicide to "confirm he isn't mafia". (Iso 36) Then derided Jordan for lacking patience. (Iso 55)
**4. Called DGB (confirmed townie) antitown for voting Kublai Khan (confirmed scum) (Iso 56)**
5. Calls Snow_Bunny newb town (Iso 61) after asking the bomb to blow her up (Iso 41) and then wants her dead (Iso 64) and then votes her (iso 145) and still wants her dead (iso 173)
6. Lists Kublai Khan as neutral, the top choice of all scum partners (Iso 61)
7. Votes chamber for his joke post (iso 113). Backs off when nobody joined. See Kise
8. Terribad reason for voting Milkshake (jailkeep = scum since when?); drops not because he's wrong but because "you guys are unwilling to follow through" (iso 170)

Let's lynch dramonic now.
Kappa
Just Monika
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:44 am

Post by stark »

Thanks for that PZ.

Vote:dramonic
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I still completely read him as town. The out of the blue claim of a JK just reeks of a newbie town player thinking they caught scum. I would be willing to lynch almost anyone over him.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:00 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I forget who's the one that's supposed to cure insane people. I'd suggest Llama as your next target.
Kappa
Just Monika
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

stark wrote:As much as I truly, truly truly want to lynch Sajin, I feel like a grammar slip, especially in light of the mod's corrections, is too easy.

There's an easy way to prove this though.

SC, can you target Sajin tonight and see what happens?
stark wrote:I know, I know.

Believe me, I want a Sajin lynch. I do.

I'm just not confident in light of his claim
In the first quote, stark says he's unvoting him because of the grammar slip. In the second (two posts later) he says he's unvoting him because of his claim. Further more, and for hopefully the last time, SC's touching does not prove alignment. I don't know why people keep pushing this idea. It only proves ability. Also, Sajin didn't even claim to have an active ability....so touching him is pointless.

This whole bit by stark looks like he's bailing off the wagon because others are doing it. Stark, clarify which of these two reasons you are unvoting Sajin for and why that reason makes you want to unvote even though you "really really" want to lynch him.

Llama case on PZ is interesting. I'd like to hear PZ's assessment of his own play thus far in the game and an actual response to the case since he went into ignore mode on it. Do you think this is typical of your town play? How would you rate your level of scumhunting in this game, Zito?
SB wrote:Ok, regarding Sajin, there's something I don't understand from his claim about targeting me and my now-gone ability. Why didn't he say anything when I claimed that and Spyrex claimed that he gave me a potion?
This, exactly. I would have been on Spyrex like white on rice if I thought he was taking credit for my night action.
sc wrote:Apparantly VP is onto my cult and he's a member
Heh, damn straight.

Also, welcome back. Please explain now how you touching Spyrex makes him confirmed town, since that was your reasoning for doing it.
SC wrote:I implied that I had info that could help confirm or deny VP's alignment.
FFS, no. All you can do is confirm or deny ability, which is independent of alignment. Everyone has a power in this game. If you are town, you seriously need to rethink how you are playing this role. You're not a cop, you're a role thief. Target the scum and prevent them from using actions against the town. I repeat, that is the only pro-town way to play your role.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

VP Baltar wrote:Llama case on PZ is interesting. [1]I'd like to hear PZ's assessment of his own play thus far in the game and [2]an actual response to the case since he went into ignore mode on it. [3]Do you think this is typical of your town play? [4]How would you rate your level of scumhunting in this game, Zito?
1. Don't think I've played badly.
2. My response was 'zzzzzzzzzzzz' but yeah sure I'll go into detail if you want.
3. Is what typical?
4. lol. I just posted a case on someone.
Kappa
Just Monika
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Ha ha this is all over the place.
LlamaFluff wrote:In regards to the Spy-SB thing from early on; he lays the groundwork for a vote on Spy (due to -xr) flavor, and still shows plenty of willingness to vote for SB without a good response as to why Spy 'died'
Who didn't have a good response? (Besides, this question is still open!) What's the issue here? What scum ho?
LlamaFluff wrote:[1]At the point the extent of his scumhunting D2 is voting scope [2]without any explaination as to why, even when prompted. And asking tubby to respond to me voting him. [3]Not a whole lot in that department, but enough to show suspicion of each, and a slight nudge in the direction of the hot topics.
1. So.......? What? What conclusion are you drawing here? Is there a time limit on scumhunting? Did I scumhunt at all outside of this on D2?
2. False. I did provide an explanation:
milkshake wrote:Why would that be again?
Papa Zito wrote:Read him in iso and tell me what you think.
Reading scope in iso would make it patently obvious why I was voting him.
3. I don't even know what this means.
LlamaFluff wrote:Now everything goes to hell. I still fail to completely comprehend the whole SB debacle going on where she got wagoned, unwagoned, wagoned or whatever the hell happened there. I thought it was due to running a massive fever at the time, but apparently I still dont get it now. ANYWAYS.
You're saying all this was my fault somehow? What's the point of this? lulz. This is why I ignored this case, there's nothing here.
LlamaFluff wrote:PZ comes to the immediate conclusion that Spy is third party and SB is scum. There is one thing that does not fit this though, and that is that PZ really doesnt seem to want a spy lynch at all. He sets up flavor reasons to kill him, then its just dropped. None of the flavor has been disproven by a flip. So I dont get this drop.
Really now? (Here things start getting scummy for Friend Llama) Why are you only telling half the story?
In that very post
I happen to say:
Papa Zito wrote:Truescum (patent pending) are inherently more dangerous than 3rd parties. So if I get to choose, which I think I do in the SpyreX/Bunny tandem, I'll go with truescum (patent pending) every time.
So again... what's your issue with me wanting to lynch truescum (patent pending) over a 3rd party? Is there some reason you'd prefer killing a survivor over truescum (patent pending) on Day 2 of a large theme? I'd like to know your thought process here. I made a case with why I wanted Snow_Bunny dead to back up my wagon. Did you read it? Was it not good enough? If not, why didn't you say something then? Why didn't you bring it up now?
LlamaFluff wrote:[1]The day ends for PZ with wagoning of Ben, [2]trying to get people to wagon Ben OVER kscope who he was pushing at the start of the day, [3]to still wanting a SB lynch, [4]to dabbling in a chamber lynch, [5]to going back to the kscope wagon.
So, let's examine this, hmm?

1. I gave a reason for wagoning Benmage. Did you miss that while you were doing this? I'm guessing not, so I'm wondering why it wasn't included.
2. Uh oh, a lie, a misrepresentation! Plus provide quotes where I pushed the Benmage wagon. I'll be here.
3. Sure, I still wanted a Snow_Bunny lynch. I made a case. I pushed it. I had a wagon going. It fell outside my control. I'm not denying this. What's your point? It's like you think there's only one scum left in the game, or someone's only allowed to look at a single person at a time.
4. Did I vote chamber? Did I push anyone to vote chamber? See, this case is really starting to get scummy.
5. I begged the town all day for a scope wagon. Yet again, what's your point here?
LlamaFluff wrote:I have read that a few times over and it still just is so sparratic I dont know whats happening there. He literally goes all over the place with
no strong (if any at all) reasoning behind a single vote
, and ends up right where he started at kscope.
LlamaFluff wrote:Lotta talking, lotta vote moving, but not a lot accomplished.
He did find reasons to vote for Spy, SB, Ben, chamber, tubby and kscope though.
None of which he really ever dropped (at least to the point where they couldnt be dusted off in subsequent days), or made a whole lot of a case on.
Please explain the disparity of these two quotes. From within your own case. Holy crap.
Kappa
Just Monika
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

1. Tons of useless throw-away posts/one liners.
You're one to talk

2. Lots of rolefishing and speculation.
Erm... no?

3. Consummate bandwagoner.
And that's scummy because...? You know, bandwagons are the main weapon of the town

In addition:

1. Voted Kise (iso 1) for his goofy intro. Backs off when nobody joins. Scum looking for an easy wagon.
Right, next time I claim impossible role I'll make sure to call out whoever votes me because it's scummy =_=

2. Jumped townie DeathNote
Like 6 other players. I'm hardly jumping everyone

3. Pushed a townie to suicide to "confirm he isn't mafia". (Iso 36) Then derided Jordan for lacking patience. (Iso 55)
First, having him suicide confirms he isn't mafia, second it allows us to build extra reads, according to how whoever he kills flip.
You called that pushing for a suicide? He has a killing power, kick-starting the development of the game is town. Also, we told him to wait.

**4. Called DGB (confirmed townie) antitown for voting Kublai Khan (confirmed scum) (Iso 56)**
DGB wrote:vote: Kublai Khan because I'm always happy to help bus'ing scum.
SHe'd have to be scum herself to bus, I called her out on it.

5. Calls Snow_Bunny newb town (Iso 61) after asking the bomb to blow her up (Iso 41) and then wants her dead (Iso 64) and then votes her (iso 145) and still wants her dead (iso 173)
Did I say I wanted her dead in ISO 61? Oh look, I did!

6. Lists Kublai Khan as neutral, the top choice of all scum partners (Iso 61)
Hey look, my read on you is neutral too! You must be scum!

7. Votes chamber for his joke post (iso 113). Backs off when nobody joined. See Kise
I believed he was serious

8. Terribad reason for voting Milkshake (jailkeep = scum since when?); drops not because he's wrong but because "you guys are unwilling to follow through" (iso 170)
I believe he's the strangler, it's a good enough reason for me. Also if nobody is willing to lynch him except me my vote serves no purpose on him. I think it's pretty general knowledge I think he's scum.

Answers are bolded.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

VP wrote:FFS, no. All you can do is confirm or deny ability, which is independent of alignment. Everyone has a power in this game. If you are town, you seriously need to rethink how you are playing this role. You're not a cop, you're a role thief. Target the scum and prevent them from using actions against the town. I repeat, that is the only pro-town way to play your role.
Rubbish.

If I target milkshake and I get the power to cure someone insane tomorrow - what does that suggest to you about his role?

Info about roles can confirm or deny claims, limit fakeclaims, catch scum in lies - it's much different to a belated roleblocker, and hopefully touching milkshake will show that.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

VP wrote:FFS, no. All you can do is confirm or deny ability, which is independent of alignment.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:15 pm

FFS, no. All you can do is confirm or deny ability,
which is independent of alignment.
which can have either a negligible or massive consequence for alignment.
I'm old now.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

SerialClergyman wrote:
VP wrote:FFS, no. All you can do is confirm or deny ability, which is independent of alignment. Everyone has a power in this game. If you are town, you seriously need to rethink how you are playing this role. You're not a cop, you're a role thief. Target the scum and prevent them from using actions against the town. I repeat, that is the only pro-town way to play your role.
Rubbish.

If I target milkshake and I get the power to cure someone insane tomorrow - what does that suggest to you about his role?

Info about roles can confirm or deny claims, limit fakeclaims, catch scum in lies - it's much different to a belated roleblocker, and hopefully touching milkshake will show that.
When you touched Spy and VP whatd u get again? Or nothing because they werent active abilities (or Spy's isn't dunno about VP)...milk claimed her ability to be active aye?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:25 pm

benmage wrote:it's posts like these that really baffle me at the quality of some players here...Despite all the bullshit essentially answering Sajin I know I at the very least flat out answered it twice.

*stare*

Guess how many times I've answered this? Even in the last couple of pages when talking to stark?

Anyway - I got a message saying I had taken no ability from spyrex. That's why I claimed because he was claiming what seemed to be an active ability.
I haven't claimed my result from VP because there's been no reason to and I don't see why it would help anyone other than scum.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In most cases, you are wrong SC. I'll give you that I don't see curing insanity being a scum role. So, in the case of milkshake, touching town is good.

When it comes to touching blindly, you are wrong. Live it. Love it.
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:34 pm

I love how you make conceding your snottily quoted point to me still my fault.

You're lucky you're a girl for the next few days or I wouldn't take it so well :D
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm a snotty bitch. you should know this by now. But just as I admit that in milk's case it would work towards alignment (though it isn't actually "confirmed" in the traditional sense), you ought to be big enough to admit that in the case of Spyrex it doesn't "confirm" him as town even if you had received the potion throwing ability.
YOUR AD HERE

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:06 pm

I am, and I do. But it's also not irrelevent to alignment, it's a clue.

And I would imagine that usually if someone claims an active ability (like potion throwing) when I'd already learned they didn't have an active ability, that could well have significance towards alignment.

Unfortuantely in this case it didn't pan out, and I tend ot believe Spy's explanation for the contradiction (although we're yet to see an affect from him) but the point still stands I think.
I'm old now.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

2733 in and of itself would be enough for me to lynch, just sayin'.

I'm still calling grandiose shenanigans on Sajin. In fact I'm more than a little preturbed at the dispersion effect from the mod influence which was very, very careful to say nothing about anything.

We're approaching that whole "drag factor" that I absolutely do NOT want to happen.

VP, babycakes, I get what SC was TRYING to do (even though it was silly in most cases) and I really think he's town that's doing a bad job explainin' it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Plum »

Unvote; Vote: Dramonic

Combined with not speaking up about Milkshake not being confirmed if Tubby was Town, 2733 = whooosh. I'd rather trust to this right now than the assumption that Dram is not lying and Milk is I dunno what due to reason #1.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by stark »

VP Baltar wrote:
stark wrote:As much as I truly, truly truly want to lynch Sajin, I feel like a grammar slip, especially in light of the mod's corrections, is too easy.

There's an easy way to prove this though.

SC, can you target Sajin tonight and see what happens?
stark wrote:I know, I know.

Believe me, I want a Sajin lynch. I do.

I'm just not confident in light of his claim
In the first quote, stark says he's unvoting him because of the grammar slip. In the second (two posts later) he says he's unvoting him because of his claim. Further more, and for hopefully the last time, SC's touching does not prove alignment. I don't know why people keep pushing this idea. It only proves ability. Also, Sajin didn't even claim to have an active ability....so touching him is pointless.

1. The two prominent reasons for Sajin wagon support post claim was the pronoun confusion and his claim.

I was not sure about either. I put them in different posts. Your point?
This whole bit by stark looks like he's bailing off the wagon because others are doing it.
Hmmmm.......

That's a good point....

I think you caught me.

Oh wait, no, sorry.

Let's go back to page 106.

Oh! Look at that!
Who jumped off the Sajin wagon at L-1?

Oh yeah! That was me!

I think that means that I was the first person to jump off Sajins wagon...
VP Baltar wrote:Stark, clarify which of these two reasons you are unvoting Sajin for and why that reason makes you want to unvote even though you "really really" want to lynch him.
We can make a deal. I will clarify myself when you learn how to read.

This might help:

http://www.leapfrog.com/tag/

Reading skills are very useful in a game like mafia for many reasons, two of which are:

1) Recognizing when two players have a conflict for the vast majority of a game

2) Understanding a sequence of events in the order that they happen.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by SpyreX »

2745 also just moved way up the kill list for the "Learn to Read" gambit.

Now, like I said Dram is fine and all but this rats leaving the sinking ship I would love to have reasons for Sajin being AOK (Hint: Claim isn't a good reason).
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by stark »

SpyreX wrote:2745 also just moved way up the kill list for the "Learn to Read" gambit.
Foiled again. The "Learn to Read" gambit is a staple in every scum's scum tool box.

I'm glad we're on the same strategic level. I see you.

But why don't you explain to everyone who missed the boat what the "Learn to Read" gambit is...
SpyreX wrote: Now, like I said Dram is fine
All but this rats leaving the sinking ship
:
I would love to have reasons for Sajin being AOK (Hint: Claim isn't a good reason).
Who exactly are the rats that you don't want to talk to?
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:29 pm

VP, babycakes, I get what SC was TRYING to do (even though it was silly in most cases) and I really think he's town that's doing a bad job explainin' it.
I'd be offended if that wasn't an obvious ploy to not make VP feeling bad about ganging up on him :D

You don't believe Sajin, Spy? I do. Also - what's with the 'lets bandwagon the guy we suspect the most' strategy? Seems like a recipe to lose info from a lynch..
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:32 pm

Also - now that about half of the town have claimed, it's not so much a massclaim as an AWESOMEclaim!

Who's up for an AWESOMECLAIM?
I'm old now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”