MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:16 am

Post by MordyS »

cruelty wrote:1: Constant pressure on people to give up info. I think the type of info bob is looking for is information that can ultimately damage the town.
Explain this. You've made this argument a few times, but I'm not sure I buy it. You claim that there's an advantage to keeping your cards close to your chest, but I've never seen a Town player (including you in the meta I've looked up) play cards this close. You know what also damages town? People being stifled for communication and not feeling able to discuss/argue about issues.
cruelty wrote:Extreme activity.
Maybe/Please, sorry. I don't buy it. More words = more analysis. Scum try to limit the amount they type because each sentence could be a scumtell. Town isn't so worried. Which brings me back to you: You've posted very little content this game. It makes it ironic when that's one of your primary modes of attack. So consider this post a little thunder and lightning; maybe it'll get you to post a little more. Or will that be too damaging to the town? (Also, are you kidding? "(maybe? please?)" If you've gotta beg for people to buy your logic, it probably isn't logical.)
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 am

Post by MordyS »

cruelty wrote:Right now, I'd be happy for you to be lynched because I think that you're controlling the game and I'm not at all convinced that you have the best of intentions.
Sorry for the long string of responses. Hopefully someone will post a response before I get a chance to hit the submit button on this and it won't look like I'm flooding the board. Anyway, he's not controlling the game. Maybe trying to, but his votes have been all over the place, and primarily on lurkers.

Let me phrase it this way: Let's assume he has bad intentions. His intentions at the moment appear to be pressuring lurkers to vote. I think it's a waste of time (lurkers suck, after my second game ever I decided to stop bothering with them unless their lurking figures into a larger case), but I think it's ultimately a pro-town thing. Even if his intention was to distract town from himself, or from a scum partner, it's immediately pro-town to get other people talking and posting. So it's hard for me to see that as disastrous for the town, and I certainly don't see how he's doing a good job setting the agenda, unless you believe the agenda is you and everyone else attacking him for asking dumbass questions.

(Side-note to archaebob: They aren't wrong, even if they aren't right. I don't think you're scum, but I think your posting style and a lot of your content has been inane. Less asking, 'how do you feel,' questions, and more posting: "BANG YOU'RE DEAD CAUSE SCUMMERS NEVER PROSPER" arguments, plz? And stop promising it'll all make sense once all the lurkers post. You're not Obi Won Kenobi.)

cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 am

Post by cruelty »

I have about 5 minutes before my taxi gets here so a really brief response.

Mordy - yes I was kidding with the maybe, please etc. I think the point is valid (what better way to hide than being way out in the open). I get the irony, I think I acknowledged it.

Pretty sure his intentions switched to lurkers after someone looked sideways at him earlier in the thread. I might have that wrong. He -is- controlling the game; people aren't doing things based on his say-so, he's giving orders.

I'm actually not necessarily deliberately playing my cards close to the chest, I'm having a hard time figuring out who I actually think is scum. If you looked at my meta you'll see I tend to flounder around day one and zero in day two. That said, I resent being asked for constant opinions because they will come.
the nexus of the crisis
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:36 am

Post by MordyS »

archaebob wrote:I'll forgive you for now, since this is literally the first day of the game, but everyone should know that I pay close attention to who is posting, and who isn't, and that lurking will draw more attention to themselves than just about anything else they could do.
If his fascination with lurkers is just opportunism, he set it up in the very first day of the game.

archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:52 am

Post by archaebob »

cruelty wrote: That said, I resent being asked for constant opinions because they will come.
hypocrite much?
MordyS wrote: (Side-note to archaebob: They aren't wrong, even if they aren't right. I don't think you're scum, but I think your posting style and a lot of your content has been inane. Less asking, 'how do you feel,' questions, and more posting: "BANG YOU'RE DEAD CAUSE SCUMMERS NEVER PROSPER" arguments, plz? And stop promising it'll all make sense once all the lurkers post. You're not Obi Won Kenobi.)
I know they aren't wrong. But if you pay attention to my posts up to this point, I haven't exactly been keeping my positions a secret. Many of my questions are pretty pointed, and all of them are direct.

Go ahead and skim that meta I linked. You'll see what's coming next. I just think its important right now to ensure that nobody is slipping by undetected, since that's what screwed me over in the last game I played as town.

This would go a lot faster I think if more people would vote Chinaman. Not that i'm trying to control the town or anything.
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Cruelty conveniently left the game for four days, but I'm going to respond to him anyway.
Cruelty wrote:I'm actually not necessarily deliberately playing my cards close to the chest, I'm having a hard time figuring out who I actually think is scum. If you looked at my meta you'll see I tend to flounder around day one and zero in day two. That said, I resent being asked for constant opinions because they will come.
Cruelty wrote:I just don't want to show my entire hand - it's related to my stance on scumlists. If I find someone suspicious to a point whereby I think everyone should look at them, then I'll post.
Cruelty wrote:I've already stated I'm not going to give away my hand just because you asked me to. This isn't anti-town, it's quite simply the fact that the more information the scum have the easier their NKs (and their pushes for mislynches) become.
Mk, the second two posts were earlier, and am I alone in thinking that they implied he had a hand to play? That being said, how is it pro-town not to post your information? Its not like there are any secrets here that you know and we don't. We're all seeing the same content, so if you have some interpretation, or something we haven't thought of, please either post it, or explain why you aren't going to beyond "you can't make me."

Also, wouldn't it have been prudent to go back, read the thread, and come up with some sort of content right before you disappear for several days? Or were you trying to just get through without posting so that we can all go concentrate on other people while you're gone?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Oh,
Unvote

I could go through and analyze Muffin's defense, but we would reach an impasse pretty much immediately. He justified all his comments, but not very much to my satisfaction. The fact remains that he has posted little content, and just little in general, but I don't have anywhere else to go with that, so I'm taking my vote off him.

For those on the Archaebob wagon, can we see some reasons you feel he is scum other than playstyle? Pointing out some relevant contradictions or scumslips would be nice.

I'll
vote Chinaman
for now to get some posts out of him, but I don't have strong suspicions in that area.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by afatchic »

did i get in here before my 24 hours are up?!

Sorry for going MIA. I'll try to catch up later tonight and make a decent post.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by lexprod »

I still think that foilist13's actions this day have been the most clearly anti-town than anyone else today, unlike most other candidates where people seem torn between town mistake or scum reveal. I think f13's the best choice for hitting scum for the day.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by MordyS »

I've given the foilist13 thing a lot of thought (ie: I should be sleeping, but instead I'm thinking about freaking foilist13). Here's my problem with him as a lynch candidate. If he's scum, that means he's really stupid AND stubborn scum (since he not only made a mistake on which townie he was voting, but he then refused to backdown from that mistake). I can buy stupid scum, and I can buy stubborn scum, but I don't buy that we got them both in the same package. Ie: Stupid scum votes for the wrong person, I call it on him, he backs off and looks bashful. He doesn't start making up retroactive reasons for voting for the wrong person. I'm not saying he's not scummy looking, he definitely is. I just don't think he makes an amazing lynch candidate for today. Also, taking cruelty's advice under consideration, he's plateaued fairly well.

By contrast, it's now Thursday and AlmasterGM hasn't posted since Monday when I bashed his skull in with a logical cudgel. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure I know who his scum-buds are and I don't think it's foilist13. If foilist13 + AlmasterGM are scum-buds, that means that foilist13 didn't just screw up by voting for the wrong guy, etc, he always tied his first apple wagon (I LOVE THIS EXPRESSION) to his scum-buddies star. Let's say they're both scum and AlmasterGM flips; OBVIOUSLY foilist13 is the next to fall.

(Ok, private confession time: I kinda often get burnt on reading bad town play as scummy. I'm sure the position play here is policy lynching, but I'm gonna ride with my gut. I don't see foilist13 as scum at the moment. My brain is screaming that his logic is fried and his arguments are poached -- yes, these are egg metaphors -- but my gut says he's town. By contrast, my brain and my gut are totally in agreement on AlmasterGM. He doesn't make sense and he acts like scum. Ie: He gives me heartburn.)

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by MordyS »

Final thing before going to sleep.
AlmasterGM wrote:If I win that early bandwagons are anti-town, then it is very consequential because it means you are pushing an anti-town policy.
I've been working on a post for about thirty minutes trying to explain why this is a scumtell. I've erased like a thousand words discussing linguistics and I'm going to try something simpler. I'm going to explain why it's a scumtell narratively. I was rubbed the wrong way by it that first time I saw it, and what occurred to me was that it's not how I'd expect a player to express that particular thought. I'd expect:
TownPlayer wrote:If it's true that early bandwagons are anti-town, then it is very consequential because it means you are pushing an anti-town policy.
But I couldn't figure out why I'd expect it to be expressed that way until I filled in the statement. The full statement expressed that AlmasterGM was saying was,
AlmasterGM (He Didn't Literally Say These Words) wrote:We're having an argument about whether early bandwagons are anti-town or not. If I win this argument, then it is very consequential because it means you are pushing an anti-town policy.
What was bothering me was this unexpressed piece. My pushing an anti-town policy isn't contingent upon AlmasterGM winning the argument. It's contingent upon whether early bandwagons are anti-town. But grammatically, he was linking his winning an argument to my being anti-town.

Why I believe this is significant: Town players sift through data (arguments, language, posts) looking for evidence of town or scum tells. Scum players aren't going to find any evidence though when they make their cases, since such evidence doesn't exist. What they do is find things that they believe they can feign as evidence, but the strength of their argument comes from themselves, not from the evidence. Ie: It's their winning an argument that makes someone anti-town, not any particular substance in the argument. I believe this is a scumtell, and a fairly substantial one. It's also somewhat conjecture; I'm not sure whether an argument like this has immense value, but it's been bothering me for a bit, so I thought I'd post it and let other players weigh in.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

afatchic wrote:did i get in here before my 24 hours are up?!

Sorry for going MIA. I'll try to catch up later tonight and make a decent post.
Very close, and I've got a waiting list.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Chinaman »

please replace Mod, RL stuff in my way.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:19 am

Post by archaebob »

unvote

vote afatchic
"Just asking, jeez..."
lexprod
lexprod
Townie
lexprod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 am

Post by lexprod »

MordyS wrote: By contrast, it's now Thursday and AlmasterGM hasn't posted since Monday when I bashed his skull in with a logical cudgel. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure I know who his scum-buds are and I don't think it's foilist13. If foilist13 + AlmasterGM are scum-buds, that means that foilist13 didn't just screw up by voting for the wrong guy, etc, he always tied his first apple wagon (I LOVE THIS EXPRESSION) to his scum-buddies star. Let's say they're both scum and AlmasterGM flips; OBVIOUSLY foilist13 is the next to fall.
I do agree that alma and foilist have both made bad plays and you make a good point about alma disappearing. Since I read the first 10 pages or so at the same time, it didn't feel like he had been gone as long as he had.
If I see nothing of almasterGM by friday, I'll through my vote on to build some pressure that'll hopefully work like it did (so far) for muffin.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh this game.

@Mordy:

The issue with foilist isn't a question of "stupid or stubborn" it, really, reeks of a chainsaw that was more focused on the defensive versus actually finding scum - the stubborn came in after the fact.

---

There's two scenarios where I could see bob as scum and both are VERY unlikely. I'm absolutely flabbergasted at the votes there.

I want Foil or GM lynched today.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:30 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

He has not posted since then. This is his MO. He comes under fire and then disappears until the heat is gone. Not one of you, except for Muffin (who I'm about to rip apart so hard that his scum-juice comes loose) has even apparently tried to reconcile his super-scumminess with your lack of pressure on him. I don't know what the hell is going on. I mean, town rarely lynches scum on the first day, so I guess maybe the notion of hitting the scum jackpot immediately is new to many of you. But can we please not let this dude ride under the radar to avoid culpability for his actions. Here's a one-two punch for all you bloody archaebob voters: Archaebob answers attacks on him, AlmasterGM DOES NOT. Put that in your scum-pipe and smoke it.
It's going to be my new signature move … works quite well, I must admit. One thing that strikes me as odd, though, is where this ZOMG SLAM DUNK SCUM argument is coming from. IIRC, you are voting for me using a cross-application of logic I used on Page 1 that I've since dropped. Compelling. Actually, though, the reason I've been taking forever is because I was a) annoyed with your 15-year-old-esk arrogance and b) trying to overcome all the "OMG IT'S SOOOOO TRUE!" rhetoric of that one point in your argument. After getting past all that …
My actual case on you was that you made a super bad case on Gammagooey, one that I felt indicated scumminess."
You've omitted the part where your "actual case" less than one line long. Moreover, your theoretical justification was not presented as an afterthought - it was presented as having equal weight as your "actual case."
You have not yet told me what the obvious flaws in that case are.
Your "case" was simply a one-sentence long assertion that my argument was false. There is no way I can offer any sort of substantive response.
Yet, you end your own post with, "Unexcused badlogic is scummy." THE EXACT CASE I HIT YOU WITH. If attacking someone for apparent badlogic is scummy, then my case on your was excellent! Even if you felt your case wasn't badlogic, you admit in the beginning of your post:
CAPS PLEASE!! The key term is "excused." My initial argument was based on my observations of how I thought people would approach and play the game. After an unofficial poll was taken, I let the argument go because it was clear that my opinion was wrong. I don't see how I can be held accountable for this given that, unless I had done research prior to the game, there would be no other way for me to know whether the argument was wrong or not.
So if you admit the general consensus is that it's not a scumtell, and that general consensus is enough to get you to drop the case (OH MY GOD, BEAR WITH ME, THIS IS ABOUT TO BE AMAZING), then you admit that to a normal member of the general consensus, your case on Gammagooey was bad. If to a normal person (SAY ME, OMG, I HOPE YOU'RE HOLDING ONTO YOUR SOCKS), that case is bad, and as you yourself wrote, "badlogic is scummy," that means (HERE'S THE PITCH) that I was totally justified and validated in your own words for holding you as scummy and voting for you. By your own calculations, my vote on you was completely justified and you deserved it.
OMG MORE CAPS PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Your vote for me and my vote for Gamma are not the same. My vote: There was no way for me to know the truth or falsity of the matter at hand without making the argument in the first place. After the results came in, I let it go. Your vote: 13 pages later, you're clinging to a statement I made on page 1. You have no other arguments against me. LOL.
If I've expressed the opinion, either explicitly or implicitly through my actions, that bandwagoning can be valuable, and I was Town at the time that I expressed the opinion, obviously that opinion is not a scumtell on me in this game, correct? (This should be very simple, but correct me if I'm missing something obvious.) On Day One of Mini 843 (Fast and the Furious), post 27 (and then later on), I act on the same belief. Not only was I town in that game, but it's a game town ended up winning. So if you believe it's not helpful for townie, you're entitled, and feel free to start a topic on Mafia Discussion to discuss it. But it's a principle I believe, I've used before as town, and I'll continue to use in future games until I believe it's no longer useful. It's not a scumtell.
Mmmmmm …. meta. I'm going to drop my argument, but I still don't like you at all.
BTW AlmasterGM, don't think I forgot about your cute little sneaky appeal to emotion here, "It's going to be your argument that will be the "self-evidently untrue" one if I'm lynched this round." You think you're such a playa, dontcha)
Statement of fact, actually.
I would think that "I always do it" would be an excuse, as by definition it would be a null tell. Please stop making bad arguments...
It's not an excuse to keep engaging in bad behavior. If people tell you something is anti-town, you should stop, not just be like "LOL IT'S MY STYLE!"
I've been working on a post for about thirty minutes trying to explain why this is a scumtell. I've erased like a thousand words discussing linguistics and I'm going to try something simpler. I'm going to explain why it's a scumtell narratively. I was rubbed the wrong way by it that first time I saw it, and what occurred to me was that it's not how I'd expect a player to express that particular thought. I'd expect:
I'm on the debate team. We use that rhetoric all the time in round. That's where it comes from. Seriously, you are stretching REALLY far with your arguments.

Oh yeah, and I'm still not seeing archebob's response to my case (however supposedly bad). All I've got is "Gammagooey did a good job."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:32 am

Post by archaebob »

it doesn't make any sense to suspect AGM more than afatchic right now. Had AGM not posted at all since he first was attacked, his play would have been equivalent to what afatchic's has been. We have no way of knowing that afatchic wouldn't seem scummier if he was posting, because he isn't. I strongly recommend focusing attention on lurkers before focusing on the players who have actually been scummy, because the one's who have already posted have already been caught, and aren't going anywhere. The one's who haven't might still get away without slipping up.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:44 am

Post by archaebob »

@ AGM - I don't actually love the case on you right now, as I generally think there are bigger fish to fry. However, I cannot ignore that you have decided to entirely avoid mentioning foilist13 or peanutman this game. I asked you for your opinions on them, and you have ignored my questions. Obviously, I'm not in much of a position right now to demand answers from you, but you also aren't in much of a position to refuse them. I also don't buy your vote on me, not because I think there is no reason to suspect me, but because you have decided to totally ignore the other players in this game who have objectively been much scummier. However pure your intentions may be, you have to accept that your vote at this moment looks like a poorly implemented chainsaw defense, and the total lack of thoughts from you regarding the players that are most suspected right now makes you seem like scum. If you are a town player, I see very little so far from you that has been pro-town, and I would not at all mind lynching you today. I strongly recommend that you drop this whole "I'm so cool because I don't take shit from you" bullshit, and give us a good reason to keep you around. Try actually scum-hunting, for example.
"Just asking, jeez..."
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:49 am

Post by MordyS »

AlmasterGM wrote:Your vote: 13 pages later, you're clinging to a statement I made on page 1. You have no other arguments against me. LOL.
I think that's all you've gotta take away from AlmasterGM's post. The rest is blustering at a ratio of 1:2 (signal:noise). The problem isn't the original argument, the problem is all the stuff you've done since the original argument. The original argument could've been excused by saying you were over-anxious townie. It's the way you've responded and continue to respond to it. When I read post 316, it had scum written all over it. Moreover, I think it's telling that your mechanism for defending yourself is attacking me (whether it's comparing me to a fifteen-year-old, throwing a fit about my use of capital letters, or accusing me of stretching too far with my arguments). You don't actually defend yourself as much as try and discredit your attacker.

Re: Foilist13 v. AlmasterGM; AlmasterGM is clearly not stupid. I don't think he makes bad arguments because he's confused and flustered. His style clearly indicates someone very intelligent. I just think he's obvscum.

I also wanted to point out that two people (at least) have tried to defend AlmasterGM's original argument against Gammagooey. (Btw; I love that its 13-pages ago-ness is reason to drop it acc. to AlmasterGM. Maybe if you had dealt with it immediately, we wouldn't be stuck discussing it 13-pages later.) This is something to keep in mind for after AlmasterGM flips as scum, and I'd like to hear afatchic and Muffin weigh in on the recent dialogue -- not on the original case.
afatchic wrote:I also don't buy the case against AGM. I think he genuinely thought he had a case when posting it. I don't think he was faking that or anything. I do think that it was blown out of proportion and he was attacked a bit hard about it. That was good though since it quickly brought us out of the RVS.
muffin wrote:As for AlamasterGM, I think he's probably town. The early serious vote seems to be more of a newbie town mistake or some combination of No True Scotsman and Confirmation Bias fallacies. Ultimately I see Alamaster as somebody with the right idea but the wrong direction, if that makes any sense. I will have to read some meta on Alamaster to further this.
I actually bought this argument early on. It's been the responses that have set off my scumdar.

(Side point: AlmasterGM, you do literary/linguistic analysis on your debate team? Or you just meant you make narrative arguments? I don't really know what you were trying to add there, except maybe an appeal to authority.)

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 am

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP
AlmasterGM wrote:Actually, though, the reason I've been taking forever is because I was a) annoyed with your 15-year-old-esk arrogance and b) trying to overcome all the "OMG IT'S SOOOOO TRUE!" rhetoric of that one point in your argument. After getting past all that …
I love the fact, btw, that apparently this game doesn't exist for you outside refuting attacks on you. While you were "overcoming" my rhetoric, and being annoyed with my "15-year-old-esk arrogance," did it occur to you to come into the thread and maybe do some reads, make some arguments and try to scumhunt?

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:04 am

Post by MordyS »

It's esque, btw. ;)

peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:12 am

Post by peanutman »

Bob-318 wrote:I also don't buy your vote on me, not because I think there is no reason to suspect me, but because you have decided to totally ignore the other players in this game who have
objectively
been much scummier
Do you understand the concept of objectivity? Because none of us are in a position to state objectively on who's been scummier. I believe the all 13 pages can attest to that. Please don't make statements that are inherently untrue to support your claims.

On this note, I also detect a sense of confidence on your part. You encourage us all to use our votes to pressure other players. Yet, with 4 votes on you, you don't feel the need to defend yourself that much, satisfied with relying on other players to defend you (I know you stated you didn't like it but you haven't really said anything about it either). Which leads into my next point.
Mordy-298 wrote:Here's a one-two punch for all you bloody archaebob voters: Archaebob answers attacks on him, AlmasterGM DOES NOT. Put that in your scum-pipe and smoke it.
Really? Because I haven't seen alot of defense from Archaebob to the different accusations or questions directed at him. I've seen a lot of questions from him and his ever-present lurker-voting, but not much in way of defense. I've seen him expect answers from many others, often immediately, but he seems to reserve himself the right to answer later, and only to certain parts. Mordy, could you help me find all the ones you claim Bob makes.

@all, quote tags would be helpful, especially during latter days when reviewing things.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Benmage »

Chinaman has requested a replacement and is being replaced by Sanjay.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:58 am

Post by MordyS »

peanutman wrote:Really? Because I haven't seen alot of defense from Archaebob to the different accusations or questions directed at him. I've seen a lot of questions from him and his ever-present lurker-voting, but not much in way of defense. I've seen him expect answers from many others, often immediately, but he seems to reserve himself the right to answer later, and only to certain parts. Mordy, could you help me find all the ones you claim Bob makes.
I just reread him in iso. I thought I remembered a long defensive post, but I guess that was Gammagooey responding for him. He has promised to respond at some point, and make some esoteric claims at hidden/secret reasons for holding his cards close to his chest. That said, I've got a town read on him. He did say this in a few different ways:
archaebob wrote:But if you pay attention to my posts up to this point, I haven't exactly been keeping my positions a secret. Many of my questions are pretty pointed, and all of them are direct.

Go ahead and skim that meta I linked. You'll see what's coming next. I just think its important right now to ensure that nobody is slipping by undetected, since that's what screwed me over in the last game I played as town.
So yeah, he should write a defensive thing sometime soon, but he's basically explained that he's most concerned about lurkers. I personally believe that. When I first started playing, I was very concerned about lurkers all the time. (Nowadays I think lurking is anti-game even more than it's anti-town, so I just want mods to handle it, so I don't bother toooooo much with it)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”