Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Peabody »

CooLDoG wrote:@ mess, yes real lfe has also struck me hard...
Nothing to say against my case?
HowardRoark wrote:Based on hiphop's seemingly sincere attacks on AlmasterGM, Peabody, charlatan, Hoopla, and milkshake . . . I believe that these can be ruled out for the time being . . . that leaves Empking, CooLDoG, Messiah, NewAgeWarrior, and Sposh.
Wait.. back up... I'm missing your premise here. Can you point out how hiphop's cases against said people are genuine? What cases did he push that were not genuine??

Are you ruling out bussing?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

It's about his tone with each of the players. There aren't cases involved in most instances. Compare his tone toward those in the first list (especially with Hoopla and charlatan) with that toward those in the second list.

I am certainly not ruling out bussing. With Messiah being the only other prominent wagon that day, and Messiah being on my second list, how would I be ruling it out? It would have been the only bussing opportunity for hiphop.

His other votes were for AlmasterGM (random or for placing a third vote on you during RVS), Hoopla (her crazy early voting), charlatan (contradiction), and you (FoS in iso 19; OMGUS).
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I'm not opposed to a Sposh lynch if we can't get any votes on Empking, but I won't settle for an Almaster lynch.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:32 am

Post by CooLDoG »

@empking, you got the rolefish part right, and because I didn't like my vote on someother player at the time, and just unvoteing looks bad. 236, is wring because if I didn't want my "buddy" lynched then I woulld have gine with the other and voted hoopla. Agm vote was to get to l-2 and get press on a suspect nothing more.
on second quote please put the full one so it does not look like I want to lynch him.
that's it.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 am

Post by CooLDoG »

sorry: ebwop: @peaboy, not empking
after a wank.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:55 am

Post by milkshake »

CD or Sposh are OK with me, but Sposh only barely. I'd rather Messiah than both of them, as well.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:34 am

Post by lobstermania »

Day Two Vote Count #6
- as of post 505

Sposh (3):
AlmasterGM, Messiah, HowardRoark
AlmasterGM (2):
charlatan, Sposh
CooLDoG (2):
Empking, Peabody
Empking (2):
Hoopla, CooLDoG
Hoopla (1):
NewAgeWarrior
Messiah (1):
milkshake

Not Voting (0):

Reminder: With 11 alive it takes 6 votes to lynch.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am

Post by charlatan »

CooLDoG wrote:@empking, you got the rolefish part right, and because I didn't like my vote on someother player at the time, and just unvoteing looks bad.
Why so worried about "looking bad"? This sentence indicates that you placed a vote you didn't mean to simply avoid suspicion, which is definitely suspicious.
236, is wring because if I didn't want my "buddy" lynched then I woulld have gine with the other and voted hoopla.
WIFOM.

I'm feeling good with the resolution of the AGM bandwagon for now. I certainly meant the accusations I leveled against him, but something about his responses has pushed him closer to my good graces again. When accepting the likelihood of a lynch, he got his opinions out there and left some parting words for the town to digest the next day, which is certainly pro-town. I'm still going to watch him, but for now I'm going to
unvote

Vote: CooLDoG

Sposh doesn't look good either, but like I said, I still thin there's room for townie there. This is mostly for CooLDoG's interactions with Empking, his failure to read the thread, and for placing votes in an attempt to "look good" as opposed to actual scumhunting.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 am

Post by CooLDoG »

The reason I didn't want to look bad is because in anther game I played I knew for sure that one person was scum. I voted him with good reasons, but because it was not the bandwagon vote people ended up hating me, thus I racked up huge scun points. Then when the guy fliped mafia Role block, they still lynched me. (btw the guy the lynched instead of the mafia roleblock was the town doc.)

So I decided to start looking good so I don't get lynched for no reson other then "your not pro town because you don't vote for the wagon".
after a wank.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Empking »

CooLDoG wrote:The reason I didn't want to look bad is because in anther game I played I knew for sure that one person was scum. I voted him with good reasons, but because it was not the bandwagon vote people ended up hating me, thus I racked up huge scun points. Then when the guy fliped mafia Role block, they still lynched me. (btw the guy the lynched instead of the mafia roleblock was the town doc.)

So I decided to start looking good so I don't get lynched for no reson other then "your not pro town because you don't vote for the wagon".
The name of the game?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:09 am

Post by Sposh »

I'm really torn between Empking and CooLDoG.

@Empking: Why should I vote for CooLDoG in less than 15 words?
@CooLDoG: Why should I vote for Empking in less than 15 words?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 am

Post by Peabody »

Sposh wrote:I'm really torn between Empking and CooLDoG.

@Empking: Why should I vote for CooLDoG in less than 15 words?
@CooLDoG: Why should I vote for Empking in less than 15 words?
I would love to add another question to these serious of questions.

This is directed at Sposh, Empking, and Cooldog:

What is the scummiest thing you did all game?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Empking »

Peabody: Leaving Hiphop to follow Hoopla.

Sposh: Cooldog is a hoopla buddy, hypocrite, appearance carer, question ignorer who ignores questions and cases.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:44 am

Post by milkshake »

I certainly wouldn't peg him as likely town, but I don't think CD is very scummy. Remember that even if he annoys you, that doesn't make him scum.

I vote for a deadline
if that's how we should do it :)
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:45 am

Post by milkshake »

Much rather do
Messiah!
or Sposh. As I said CD is thirdish.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:49 am

Post by milkshake »

Oops, really sorry about the triple post, actually I had said that Sposh was thirdish. Anyway CD, Sposh, etc. are close to eachother around there.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:19 am

Post by charlatan »

milkshake wrote:I certainly wouldn't peg him as likely town, but I don't think CD is very scummy. Remember that even if he annoys you, that doesn't make him scum.

I vote for a deadline
if that's how we should do it :)
I don't really like this. We're making progress.

This seems like asking for an excuse to abandon your Messiah tunnel vision later without having to commit, instead blaming it on the deadline.
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:34 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

I still like my vote where it is. I also still wouldn't mind a CoolDoG lynch, though.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:35 am

Post by milkshake »

This seems like asking for an excuse to abandon your Messiah tunnel vision later without having to commit, instead blaming it on the deadline.
...What, charlatan, you don't want a deadline? Deadlines are ubiquitously used to make the game go forward. Forget being pro-town, a deadline is pro-game. :P

As for "abandoning my Messiah tunnel vision without having to commit." First, I think you have a case of the buzzwords. Second, Messiah is the best lynch. CD, maybe Sposh, and quite possibly you are others that are OK but much more random.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:56 am

Post by charlatan »

milkshake wrote:

...What, charlatan, you don't want a deadline? Deadlines are ubiquitously used to make the game go forward. Forget being pro-town, a deadline is pro-game. :P

As for "abandoning my Messiah tunnel vision without having to commit." First, I think you have a case of the buzzwords. Second, Messiah is the best lynch. CD, maybe Sposh, and quite possibly you are others that are OK but much more random.
"Tunnel vision" is not a meaningless buzzword when you have pretty much spent the vast majority of today repeating "Messiah's the best lynch because of Hiphop not attacking him" ad nauseum without actually attempting to further your case (or comment on others, really) at all.

A deadline is fine but irrelevant. The game is moving forward. We are placing votes and have not dead-ended discussion. I'm asserting a hypothetical situation in which you stick to your lonely Messiah vote until a deadline and then jump on a convenient wagon with a "welp, since we're at the deadline, I'll get on X bandwagon".
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

15 or so words here we go: Stupid scummy player who does not contribute, and does not scum hunt at all while he acuses others of doing so, and makes 0 cases. (sorry that was 25)

@peaboy, confirming the vote. It made me look the worst, if you do count joining the game I would put that too...
after a wank.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by milkshake »

"Tunnel vision" is not a meaningless buzzword when you have pretty much spent the vast majority of today repeating "Messiah's the best lynch because of Hiphop not attacking him" ad nauseum without actually attempting to further your case (or comment on others, really) at all.
I suggest you read my multiple explanations of why I want to do a Messiah lynch. "Tunnel Vision"
is
actually a bad buzzword when it is used to say: "Because you are sticking to your argument I am going to say it is wrong," which doesn't make any sense.

I greatly prefer my reasons for wanting to do a Messiah lynch over "He's a bad player I hate him let's lynch him," which is unfortunately what I see people doing constantly not just in this game but everywhere on this site. :(
A deadline is fine but irrelevant. The game is moving forward. We are placing votes and have not dead-ended discussion. I'm asserting a hypothetical situation in which you stick to your lonely Messiah vote until a deadline and then jump on a convenient wagon with a "welp, since we're at the deadline, I'll get on X bandwagon".
I agree this game is moving forward, albeit only just. As to your asserted situation, I agree that that situation would be suboptimal but I doubt it would happen, and I can promise it wouldn't happen exactly like that in my case. A deadline would be a good two weeks from when it was established, anyway.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Hoopla: How do you feel about a Sposh lynch?

@Sposh: Any thoughts on the wagon forming on you? Especially my thoughts about hiphop's attitude toward various players D1.

@AlmasterGM: The pressure on you has subsided for now. Can you give us something a bit more informative please?
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by charlatan »

milkshake wrote:
I suggest you read my multiple explanations of why I want to do a Messiah lynch. "Tunnel Vision"
is
actually a bad buzzword when it is used to say: "Because you are sticking to your argument I am going to say it is wrong," which doesn't make any sense.
It does make sense. I'm not saying your case is wrong. I'm saying it hasn't been made, as evidenced by the fact that nobody else is voting there. The kicker is that you seem mostly content with that, occasionally piping up with an 'I still want to lynch Messiah' kind of post but not trying to pressure Messiah or get others to understand what you seem so sure of.

I'm just trying to understand how, in your point of view, sticking your vote without participating in other cases is a pro-town mode of action. I'm trying to reconcile your play yesterday with your play today. (For example, 53 content-filled posts yesterday, not at all the same level of involvement today.)

In your opinion, how have you helped the town today? Maybe an example of scumhunting?

And one more question: If Hoopla had attempted to run up that bandwagon on another random player, do you think Hiphop would have behaved differently? (Spoiler: I think it had nothing to do with Messiah at all.)
I greatly prefer my reasons for wanting to do a Messiah lynch over "He's a bad player I hate him let's lynch him," which is unfortunately what I see people doing constantly not just in this game but everywhere on this site. :(
That's more interesting. Can you give some examples of votes in this game that have been made on the basis of "hating" someone?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by milkshake »

I'm saying it hasn't been made
I'm afraid I'll simply have to direct your attension to the multiple times that I have explained why Messiah is extremely likely scum. It's a pretty simple "case" but, really, that's a virtue. Sorry you don't like my play today, but I believe that your opinion there is much more rooted in your disagreement with my Messiah case than anything else at all.
If Hoopla had attempted to run up that bandwagon on another random player, do you think Hiphop would have behaved differently?
Clearly, my answer to this is an overwhelming yes (and, yes, I know yours is no.)
That's more interesting. Can you give some examples of votes in this game that have been made on the basis of "hating" someone?
Yes, I can. I'm referring to the hugely overstated "cases" in which people accuse eachother of logical fallacies, throw buzzwords at eachother, and call eachother scummy when in reality it has nothing to do with scumminess or lack thereof. Examples of arguments getting out of hand include post 435, 449, and a great deal of the Almaster/Sposh exchange (especially from that point on).

Examples of silly accusations of WIFOM, rolefishing, etc. include many posts by CooLDoG... but let's just say that I would be happy if I never saw people using words and phrases like WIFOM, Tunnel Vision, rolefishing, blah blah blah, again. Not that I have problems with the underlying concepts in most cases, but people would gain so much from actually typing out the reason why what someone is doing means that they are part of the informed minority trying to get the town killed!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”