California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

readreadreadread
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ha, think i just figured out what my (-1) was for the first question. I bet that if I drove and made it to end game...I would have become mafia....that would be a -1 in an end game scenario...

at any rate, it doesnt matter....keep me off stage....if scum put me on stage, stuntman me off...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Thok »

Any plan for questions should have some redundancy built in: anything that depends on all seven questions can be manipulated by scum lies, and those lies are mostly undetectable.

I'd suggest something, but I'd like to know what properties we will be allowed to ask about.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm telling you right now, I'm not good with number puzzles. They aren't my thing and don't count on me for much in that regard.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by hewitt »

ShadowLurker wrote:Reading now, although I want to know why Pooky was able to just lurk by without pressure before his modkill...
Uh, he wasn't. He was called out multiple times.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Poor elvis. :(

I think Pooky was a mercy killing. Well not really but wow.

I'm going to go back and look at things in Pooky-is-scum context. Though if I remember right he didn't leave many tracks so I'm not sure how useful this will be.
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Talilan, I'd like your thoughts on who is scum now that Gaspar has flipped town and Pooky has flipped scum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

GnB, same question as above.

Also, the flip makes me think hewitt is less likely scum. He has been pushing for pooky's lynch for a good portion of the game in a way that doesn't exactly look like scum bussing. Need to do more readjusting given new information.
YOUR AD HERE

Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Talilan »

Fair question, I'm still a little bit stunned frankly (mainly about Gaspar, not tooo surprised about Pooks) and doubting all my previous opinions. It might take me a little while to get my confidence back.

Kinda surprised at another scientologist, though. But it seems pretty clear that whatever CKD says, the scientologists ARE the mafia... right? I still don't think CKD is lying, but I do have to start to consider that possibility. If he's scum, there must have been some incentive for him to say that there's a SMG, but I can't figure it out. Also have to consider that the mod might be evil (not as in scum in this game, just evil in general!).

I'll get back to you on who I think the scum is when everything has sunk in.

~Tal
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Discord amongst the hydras...again.
ortalilan wrote:I bet Pooky was town
talithilan wrote:not tooo surprised about Pooks
Now, a quick glance over your iso shows you didn't generaly voice a strong opinion about Pooky either way. I can somewhat understand this given his general absence, so maybe you can explain why you're "not too surprised" about his flip. The previous comment you gave about Pooky was intentionally vague, ie when you were giving your scumlist you called him "delectable".
YOUR AD HERE

GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

VP Baltar wrote:Also, the flip makes me think hewitt is less likely scum. He has been pushing for pooky's lynch for a good portion of the game in a way that doesn't exactly look like scum bussing.
Here we fundamentally disagree. I've been scum enough to recognize bus'ing when I see it.

That was bus'ing. Pooky was a nice safe place to park his vote when there is no chance for a lynch of his buddy, while everyone else is lynching a townie. Great way to get fake town cred. When I called him on it he baited me with a fleeting Starkiss vote, but I'm not fooled.

Especially after hewitt quick hammered Gaspar before anyone could change their minds. Gaspar is a big fish. Can't let him slip away.

But then nooooobody ever believes me. I'm like a prophet in the desert.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by hewitt »

GnB you're not even close to a prophet. I actually wouldn't mind being lynched next scene because I know that scum are going to pick me for Endgame because they think I'll be an easy lynch and they might be right. If by chance dumber players are picked to go to the Endgame too then I probably will be lynched and town stands a greater chance of losing.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Welcome to my world:LOL:
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Damn iPod automatic correction...

Dram both btw
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by StarKiss »

{Kise}

AtE doesn't work on the iceman.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Talilan »

Hi, I haven't read, I don't really have anything to say about Glork but...ugh

sorry to Glork and elvis I guess

anyhows I thought up two good ideas, one which I ran by Talitha earlier and the second...uh yeah I'm a bit unsure on it but I'll go ahead

I had this idea that all the advocates pick a number totally at random, and ask "is ~insert number~ very good, good or neutral?". There's a 3/5 chance of getting a correct answer in which case, if we trust them, if we pick the number they chose, then we will at worst get a neutral and at best get a very good outcome. To me it seems better than people just randomly choosing likely useless questions. Does that sound like a g00d id3@ guyth?????

The second idea...well, well does anyone remember how ehobanohar went down? hehe.

- ortolan
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Talilan »

actually scratch that, we only have two lynches to punish non-compliers anyway and getting modkilled isn't exactly desirable. Oh well at least I came up with one (possibly) good idea.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by Thok »

Talilan wrote:I had this idea that all the advocates pick a number totally at random, and ask "is ~insert number~ very good, good or neutral?". There's a 3/5 chance of getting a correct answer in which case, if we trust them, if we pick the number they chose, then we will at worst get a neutral and at best get a very good outcome. To me it seems better than people just randomly choosing likely useless questions. Does that sound like a g00d id3@ guyth?????
We can't ask questions about individual numbers. (That's actually part of the difficulty of this challenge.) We can ask questions about the set of numbers {1,2,3,4,5}, but not about the number 1.

If we could ask questions about individual numbers, the challenge would be a lot easier.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by Talilan »

It looks to me like you can accomplish the same thing?

Does the set {7,8,9,10,11} have the property that the highest number in the set is either very good, good, or neutral?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Thok »

Talilan wrote:It looks to me like you can accomplish the same thing?

Does the set {7,8,9,10,11} have the property that the highest number in the set is either very good, good, or neutral?
That assumes we can ask that question. We should ask Mr. Grey.

(If we can ask questions about individual numbers, we can do better than your result: there's a way to get a very good number in 6 questions, assuming nobody lies about their answer.)
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by Talilan »

VP wrote:maybe you can explain why you're "not too surprised" about his flip
Because of his onstage voting record (which I talked about as reason to think he's scum in post 1919 of this thread).
~Tal
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

I have determined a way to make it so that we have a 93.00% chance of getting a Very Good outcome assuming no liars. With one liar, it drops down to 90.90%. Two liars, it gets mathematically more complex so I don't have an exact number but basically there should be no question that we get a Very Good outcome.

Unlike Talilan's method, which I'm pretty sure Mr. Grey will shoot down, this is very straightforward and involves all elements of the set so it shouldn't be shot down.

Since next scene is a basically surefire way to get a +2, I'd like Talilan's picks to be dictated by the town and for her to give full disclosure of who she is sending On Stage although I am getting a pretty town read of her.

PS. If we feel in danger we are dropping down to 5 Innocents, we can No Lynch on the final scene.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 am

Post by Talilan »

Seeing as there's no advocate, I am fine with discussing and agreeing as a group on the picks.

T
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

GoofballsAndBaloons wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Also, the flip makes me think hewitt is less likely scum. He has been pushing for pooky's lynch for a good portion of the game in a way that doesn't exactly look like scum bussing.
Here we fundamentally disagree. I've been scum enough to recognize bus'ing when I see it.

That was bus'ing. Pooky was a nice safe place to park his vote when there is no chance for a lynch of his buddy, while everyone else is lynching a townie. Great way to get fake town cred. When I called him on it he baited me with a fleeting Starkiss vote, but I'm not fooled.

Especially after hewitt quick hammered Gaspar before anyone could change their minds. Gaspar is a big fish. Can't let him slip away.

But then nooooobody ever believes me. I'm like a prophet in the desert.
If his desire to lynch pooky had only occured in the last scene, I would most definitely agree with you, but he had been one of the only players calling pooky out consistently since very early in the game. I don't think scum would intentionally draw that much attention to their partner's massive lurk if no one else was. There is no benefit to it really.

I still want you to answer the question about scum reads now after the flips that I put to Talilan.

I am very fine with town picking on stage folks beforehand. My thoughts are we should put mostly town up there. Will try and get my list up today.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I know I am still not trusted, but remember I didnt put Orbots there....

sooooo..either scum get a pick oooorrr...they get to see a list before hand.

just something you peeps should keep in mind.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”