Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:52 pm

Post by Toro »

WarWound wrote:
Toro wrote:
WarWound wrote:a policy lynch does seem to be in order
unvote: vote Zwet
Rolling with the bandwagon when not doing much scumhunting, hmm, more scumpoints on you.
ive been saying zwet hasnt been doing crap all game... or for most of it...
Oh the irony. :roll:
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Iguana »

yabbaguy wrote:Policy lynch is another word entirely, btw.
Policy lynch is getting someone who is SO anti-town, or is so abbrasive that you do not want to play with them. To such an extent that if they dont get policy lynched, you strongly debate replacing out.

This is not a policy lynch, or even really an anti-town lynch. This is a scum lynch, we also have about a week to deadline, lets go people.
Sheep in wolves clothing
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Grimmy »

At this point im more inclined to vote for AntiHero than for Zwet, and since prods have gone out, I would like to see if he responds.

And Iguana has pretty much answered whichever doubts I had about him, so he is off my radar at this point. (Side note: you may want to join a newbie game as an IC player. you would be very helpful in one of those).

Grimmy
FOS: AntiHero
for now
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

Nikanor needs to catch up!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Blastinus »

Col.Cathart wrote:Blast: It's interesting though, how you jumped 12KB wagon when it had already some people on it, for pretty weak reason, and now you jumped on zwet wagon, for reasons, because he plays like typical zwet (Here you have an example. He behaved exactly the same with 'why is xxx still alive' etc. etc. and he was a Doc), and not because of, for example, his slip, which SpyreX already covered with details.

Also, does anyone else looks suspicious to you?
Here's the thing. As mentioned above, just because a fellow wastes time in the same way each game, that doesn't mean that he's automatically the same sort of role. If the guy's going to confuse the issue of voting for Mafia by making vaguely suspicious statements, then he's obstructing progress anyway, no matter what he is.

Also, please don't ask me to make fingers of suspicion. I don't have the patience to slog through five or six people demanding that I explain every single statement I make.
Have pity on the weak. Kill the strong guys first.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:58 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Toro, your scumhunting methods are extremely ineffective. Either accuse WarWound directly and force him to respond or clam it. Pick one.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Head_Honcho »

Hint: This 'yabba' guy is scum. Either just distancing from zwet or omgusing him, this is a wondrous turnaround.
yabbaguy wrote:
Because I'm not. And you made a very scummy vote.
Lack of defense is scummy.

Unvote, Vote: zwetschenwasser

I'm completely satisfied now.
I can't wait to hear what got you to this, what specifically allowed you to differentiate between anti town and scum here yabba? Was it because he was voting you?
Immoral Acts: 0
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 am

Post by skitzer »

Iguana wrote:
skitzer wrote:Can someone tell me how the zwet in this game is different from the zwet in every other game? Maybe then I'll consider a vote.
Allow me to just speculate and elaborate on where you seem to be headed. Zwet is always useless/scummy. Due to that, he should never be lynched because statistically he is more likely to be town. I would actually argue someone who is ALWAYS dead weight and inherantly scummy should be policy lynched, and will explain why if you want me to.

So people voting me... is there anything I havent responded to? As far as I can tell, im being voted on WIFOM, ??? and something I defended against (and apparently was accepted?)
So why are we lynching him if it's not a good idea???
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:17 am

Post by WarWound »

yabbaguy wrote:Toro, your scumhunting methods are extremely ineffective. Either accuse WarWound directly and force him to respond or clam it. Pick one.

thanks
I am a soldier
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Pomegranate wrote:I don't like the Wifom more than I did before, but I'm not as bothered by Iguana, and I don't think we'll get any farther.
Can you tell me why you were confused over Iguana's role?
Blastinus wrote: But, like I said, he's vanished, so I don't think that voting for him would accomplish much anyway, whether or not he is scum.
If he's scum, lynching him would accomplish quite a bit.
yabbaguy wrote:
Because I'm not. And you made a very scummy vote.
Lack of defense is scummy.

Unvote, Vote: zwetschenwasser

I'm completely satisfied now.
From what I've seen, this is a typical Zwetdefense. He didn't elaborate, but he answered what you asked him. He says he hasn't contradicted himself, which I agree with. And he says your previous vote was scummy, which I don't necessarily agree with, but Zwet looks like he's trying here. I don't think he's scum.

1-2 players voting Zwet are scum. (Iguana, Spy, Pom, Blast, War, Yabba). In order of liklieness: Pom, Yabba, Spy, War, Iguana, Blast.
Iguana wrote: Policy lynch is getting someone who is SO anti-town, or is so abbrasive that you do not want to play with them. To such an extent that if they dont get policy lynched, you strongly debate replacing out.
Really? I thought it meant lynching a player who is so detrimental to the town regardless of alignment that you don't want them around in a possible LYLO/late-game situation.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Iguana »

skitzer wrote:
Iguana wrote:
skitzer wrote:Can someone tell me how the zwet in this game is different from the zwet in every other game? Maybe then I'll consider a vote.
Allow me to just speculate and elaborate on where you seem to be headed. Zwet is always useless/scummy. Due to that, he should never be lynched because statistically he is more likely to be town. I would actually argue someone who is ALWAYS dead weight and inherantly scummy should be policy lynched, and will explain why if you want me to.
So why are we lynching him if it's not a good idea???
no no no... thats what YOU seem to be saying. Not me. You are starting to wander down the "he is always scummy, lets not lynch" path. I am trying to point out that massive pit filled with spikes, those creapy yellow spiders, and tiny yappy worthless dogs that you are going to fall into if you go much farther.
Sheep in wolves clothing
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

First off, anti-town reads inherently have a scum tilt on it. Obviously, it gives way to any outright scum suspects (which there were none really) at the time, but understand that at no point I ever read him as town. So this "wondrous" turnaround is a hyperbole. I absolutely loathe hyperboles. People who decide to use exaggerated propaganda (a WONDROUS turnaround) in their posts are ridiculous because it's not logic, it's manipulation (one can call it advertising... but that's what advertising does, too). Not the town's job to manipulate town.

I gave a reason, so it's not OMGUS. You're overusing the acronym as well.

I no less just explained above my vote that he refused to defend against my case or explain anything. That's nothing but his fault if I decide to vote him for being scummy at this moment, because his OMGUSing me (which I *can* assume because he hasn't provided true reasoning for why I'm scummy) and refusal to explain further his self-contradiction leads me to believe that my interpretations are correct.
1-2 players voting Zwet are scum. (Iguana, Spy, Pom, Blast, War, Yabba). In order of liklieness: Pom, Yabba, Spy, War, Iguana, Blast.
Regardless of alignment? I'd totally agree with the general format of this hypothesis in general if he flips town, but it starts to get screwed up if we're right and he flips scum and SK since the former you're really looking for distancing cases and SK, well, you can't say they weren't scumhunting. I can elaborate further on that if you're not convinced.

Do you actually think I'm scummy Flave, or is this merely comparative? I haven't seen *any* mention to you calling me scum.

@Grimmy: Why do you think AH is scummy?

---

I'm less busy now. I think I'm starting to get my way around this game, but just to make sure, I'll make this my only one.

Still waiting on actual replies from zwet. A lot of people seem to be re-reading too, looking forward to it.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Yabbaguy, what do you have to say to Spyre's post 573?
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Yabba wrote:Not the town's job to manipulate town.
If you could manipulate town into lynching scum, you wouldn't do it? I would.
Yabba wrote:Regardless of alignment?
Did you miss the part where I think Zwet is town? If he's scum, the point is lessened (although when Zwet is scum, he's likely to be bussed). If he's SK, nobody knows that yet. Scum can get away with a weak vote on him either way, so the wagon can be treated the same as if he's town.
Yabba wrote:Do you actually think I'm scummy Flave, or is this merely comparative? I haven't seen *any* mention to you calling me scum.
Your overall play isn't necessarily scummy. I just strongly suspect that 1-2 scum are on the wagon. Pom is obviously listed before you and I have strong town reads on Blast and Iguana. Basically, take it to mean you are scummier than Spy and if Pom is town, you need a closer look. I'm not about to go "Let's lynch Yabba ASAP!!", but if people head that way, I'd be quicker to deadline-compromise on you than I would on other options (Zwet, Iguana, anyone else who might be wagoned that I don't think is scum).

Actually, now that I look at the rules...
semioldguy wrote: 8. If there is not a player with more than 50% of the vote at deadline, the day will end in NO LYNCH.
The following need to change their vote in their next post:
Antihero, Scott, Toro, Zwet

The following need to vote someone in their next post:
Grimmy, Yank, Zazie

Looks like our lynch is one of the following:
Zwet, Antihero, Pom, Iguana

My preference list is the following:
Antihero
Pom
Iguana
Zwet
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Flava Flave wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:I don't like the Wifom more than I did before, but I'm not as bothered by Iguana, and I don't think we'll get any farther.
Well, as Wifom is usually confusing...

She's insinuating that she could be a PR, trying to pull in NAs, but that she could be a VT attempting to pull in abilities to avert them from real PRs.

But she could still be scum attempting to confuse people/cause people to think that she is either a VT or PR, one or the other.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@Pom-587: I agree with it.

...I'm not quite sure what you're looking for here.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:

She's insinuating that she could be a PR, trying to pull in NAs, but that she could be a VT attempting to pull in abilities to avert them from real PRs.

But she could still be scum attempting to confuse people/cause people to think that she is either a VT or PR, one or the other.
WHY DOES TOWN CARE IF IGUANA IS A VANILLA OR A POWER ROLE?
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Sorry, I thought you were one of the people saying that zwets is maing complete sense.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

^^^ directed at yabbaguy.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Flava Flave wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:

We care if she's scum. Look at the last line of my post.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:

But she could still be scum
attempting to confuse people/cause people to think that she is either a VT or PR
, one or the other.
Read what I bolded in your post that I have quoted and answer the question in my last post.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Flava Flave wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:

But she could still be scum
attempting to confuse people/cause people to think that she is either a VT or PR
, one or the other.
Read what I bolded in your post that I have quoted and answer the question in my last post.
We care if she's scum, attempting to look like a townie with "pro-town" Wifom (doesn't matter if it's VT or PR).
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by WarWound »

ha its funny none take notice of toro's accusations against me , I find it to be humorous :D
I am a soldier
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by Toro »

WarWound wrote:ha its funny none take notice of toro's accusations against me , I find it to be humorous :D
Overconfident much?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:50 pm

Post by WarWound »

Toro wrote:
WarWound wrote:ha its funny none take notice of toro's accusations against me , I find it to be humorous :D
Overconfident much?

Maybe and hey i said thanks to yabba guy, so im warming up to him! Does that make both of us scum buddies too?
I am a soldier

Return to “Completed Open Games”