Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

chamber wrote:
Well, your tl;dr version in blue can be confusing at times. I don't care if you make long posts or multiple short posts, but could you keep that blue thing off? Or at least post it in normal black colour. Just a small request.
The blue writing is all that keeps me sane.
Actually, with the blue writing, it almost seemed like he was arguing with himself, lol.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

People who have either been useful, helpful, acted in a pro-town way, or have otherwise given me a good vibe so far:

1) Nuwen
2) populartajo
5) SpyreX
6) Kast
8) Snow_Bunny
10) chamber

People I'd be willing to lynch for not being on the above list(IE: everyone else)
3) TonyMontana
4) Grover
9) Kirbyoshi
11) farside22
12) Col.Cathart

I would really like to hear everyone's suspicions. Most people haven't attacked anyone yet at all, and that needs to change within the next 24 hours or so; I'd like to see us starting to get somewhere by the time this discussion period is over.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by chamber »

Yosarian2 wrote:People who have either been useful, helpful, acted in a pro-town way, or have otherwise given me a good vibe so far:

1) Nuwen
2) populartajo
5) SpyreX
6) Kast
8) Snow_Bunny
10) chamber

People I'd be willing to lynch for not being on the above list(IE: everyone else)
3) TonyMontana
4) Grover
9) Kirbyoshi
11) farside22
12) Col.Cathart

I would really like to hear everyone's suspicions. Most people haven't attacked anyone yet at all, and that needs to change within the next 24 hours or so; I'd like to see us starting to get somewhere by the time this discussion period is over.
I figure I'll just attack someone and see how they react.
Taking a break from the site.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

chamber, congrats. You have just invalidated the first case you make, since you just admitted that you're going to "just attack someone".
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by chamber »

Kirbyoshi wrote:chamber, congrats. You have just invalidated the first case you make, since you just admitted that you're going to "just attack someone".
You say that now, but when you take a good kick to the jaw you wont be laughing.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I'm not laughing. I'm actually disappointed that you would announce to everyone that you will attack someone you probably don't have a very strong read on, since the scumhunting has barely begun.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Kast wrote:TonyMontana- We should not have a voting system/All players should be free to attack anyone (rogues)/We should not punish rogues/Action PMs should not be allowed/?
We should regard the melee phase as the voting system. I'm all for using votes to gather a sense of the lay of the land, and perhaps inform a consensus, but that shouldn't tie the hands of those who dissent.

If someone disagrees with the majority, it should be treated in the same way as someone who wasn't on a normal lynch wagon. Thus, "rouges" should not be blanketly punished.

As for actions, I know from my own feats that not all actions should posted in-thread. Actions like attacking are AFAIK pointless to leave out of thread, as we will see the attack anyway.
Demanding that all actions be posted in thread is just as functional as having everyone post their feats. Helps scum more than town.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Sigh...

I'm terribly sorry, but I'm forced to request replacement. Usually I can handle multiple games at once with ease, but unfortunately my finals at the university are coming, and with limited amount of time, I must withdraw from at least one game, and this is definitely the most complicated of them.

Once again, sorry mod, and to all of you.

Good luck!
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

I'm sorry to hear that Cathart; good luck on your exams!

Tony, attacking isn't EXACTLY like voting, and should not be treated as such. It's possible that if everyone gets really lucky rolls on their attacks, we could have half of the players, maybe more, close to death after the first melee phase. Not a good situation to have, since scum can attack just like town can.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:44 am

Post by chamber »

Kirbyoshi wrote: we could have half of the players, maybe more, close to death after the first melee phase. Not a good situation to have, since scum can attack just like town can.
Unless my role is WAY above the curve in defense or WAY bellow the curve in offence, this simply isn't true.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:47 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

chamber: what?????
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 am

Post by chamber »

Kirbyoshi wrote:chamber: what?????
If every player had my role and did max damage I dont think there would be that many dead players after 1 round of attack.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:04 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Mod: Can you please, if it isn't much of a hassle, put the current phase in the topic title? Looks better and more exciting for strangers that way ¬_¬ (no really, please?)

So, chamber, I agree with you that if you don't feel like attacking a player you have a town vibe then don't attack him. But, why do you want to spread out damage like that? And, was that a softclaim?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:24 am

Post by chamber »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
Mod: Can you please, if it isn't much of a hassle, put the current phase in the topic title? Looks better and more exciting for strangers that way ¬_¬ (no really, please?)

So, chamber, I agree with you that if you don't feel like attacking a player you have a town vibe then don't attack him. But, why do you want to spread out damage like that? And, was that a softclaim?
Based on conversation with the mod I was assuming everyone's role was at least somewhat similar to mine, so no it wasn't intended to be a soft claim. "spread out damage" is also a bit of a misnomer. 1 I don't expect the town to majority someone I have a town read on more than once really 2 In my mind the person I'm putting damage on is going to be mafia. I don't really expect more than 2ish non majority attackers per wagon/lynch.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:54 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Kirbyoshi wrote:I'm sorry to hear that Cathart; good luck on your exams!

Tony, attacking isn't EXACTLY like voting, and should not be treated as such. It's possible that if everyone gets really lucky rolls on their attacks, we could have half of the players, maybe more, close to death after the first melee phase. Not a good situation to have, since scum can attack just like town can.
I haven't played DnD in a few years, and I failed at math, but I think you are exaggerating a bit. (a bit = a whole fucking lot)

Besides, why does it matter how many people are close to death? Only one will die anyway, and I fail to see the advantage of everyone following the majority.
Upcoming
Mini
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

chamber wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:

Based on conversation with the mod I was assuming everyone's role was at least somewhat similar to mine, so no it wasn't intended to be a soft claim. "spread out damage" is also a bit of a misnomer. 1 I don't expect the town to majority someone I have a town read on more than once really 2 In my mind the person I'm putting damage on is going to be mafia. I don't really expect more than 2ish non majority attackers per wagon/lynch.
So, in conclusion, you are saying that you will focus on the most scummy player for you. That's... ok. Not optimal, but ok. As long as you don't go crazy and attack everyone I'll have no problem with this. However, I'll be looking forward for cases against that person (this is, no "I'll attack him because I think he's scum". Real cases.)
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

@Tony: Do you really just fail to see the detriment to town if we just willy-nilly attack anybody/everybody? In this game, chaos is extremely bad for town.

Snow's 140 is agreed with by me. If you have a legit case, people probably should follow it. If you don't, you have no business attacking someone who is not agreed upon by majority. This could be a bit of a stretch for chamber, as he really does follow the philosophy laid out by his title.

What about if the target attacks before they're dead? Who should they attack, or does it matter?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Kast »

@SB-
I'm getting mixed signals from the town as a whole, but my impression is that the majority prefers the blue text. You can think of them as main points or summaries. You could also just ignore them.
Can't please everyone all the time...

@chamber-
chamber wrote:Based on conversation with the mod I was assuming everyone's role was at least somewhat similar to mine, so no it wasn't intended to be a soft claim. "spread out damage" is also a bit of a misnomer. 1 I don't expect the town to majority someone I have a town read on more than once really 2 In my mind the person I'm putting damage on is going to be mafia. I don't really expect more than 2ish non majority attackers per wagon/lynch.
-The majority candidate will almost certainly go rogue (reasonable for a townie). Without punishments, it is likely that other dissenters will also go rogue. I hope you're right that there are no more than 2 rogues per Melee Phase.
We'll see.

-Based on my role PM + clarifications from the mod, I agree with you that all roles are probably somewhat similar. For someone with base AC, I'd expect about a dozen attacks to lynch. For someone with higher AC, the expected number of attacks goes up. It will very possibly take two Melee Phases to arrive at a lynch. This will give rogues ~2-3 attacks on their preferred targets. Any crits would leave significant damage. If the rogue continues this into D2, their target could easily be in range for mafia to join in and finish the deal on D3 (if there are 3 rogues, that's game).
@TM-This is even less of an exaggeration.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Kast »

@TM-
TM wrote:If someone disagrees with the majority, it should be treated in the same way as someone who wasn't on a normal lynch wagon.
In a normal game, dissenters from the lynch don't permanently affect their target's lynchability. If you dissented in a normal game, your target would be no worse off the following day. If you dissent here, your target is ~2HP closer to death per each attack. You can think of it as your attack permanently reduces the vote threshold for the target.
Attacking != Voting

TM wrote:Besides, why does it matter how many people are close to death? Only one will die anyway, and I fail to see the advantage of everyone following the majority.
Each player that is close to death is equivalent to one day that the mafia can safely disregard town and essentially control the lynch. If there are two players close to death, that allows mafia to safely control 2 days. If there are 3 players, then mafia can control 3 lynches.

This is loosely mitigated by the chance that one of those players close to death could be scum, but considering that a town who allows townies to go rogue also allows scum to freely go rogue, it's at best a wash and more likely net worse for town.

In the meanwhile, scum can safely pick off full health players.
Scum controlled lynch+Scum NK=Town Loss

TM wrote:Demanding that all actions be posted in thread is just as functional as having everyone post their feats. Helps scum more than town.
Agreed. This doesn't directly contradict your previous answer, but your previous answer implied the opposite. Please explain.
TM wrote:
Kast wrote:-Should players be allowed to send actions by PM?
I can say that I agree that attacks should be posted in thread.
-Show me if I missed it, but don't think you answered why voting and only attacking the majority candidate is not feasible.
Scum controlled lynch+Scum NK=Town Loss

I haven't played DnD in a few years, and I failed at math, but I think you are exaggerating a bit. (a bit = a whole fucking lot)
"if everyone gets really lucky rolls on their attacks", that's 24 attacks with 2.4 crits. Ignoring damage bonuses, that's an expected 91 damage. That's enough to drop all players by 7.6 damage, put the entire town down 10 health across the board, or bring 4-5 townies into scum autolynch range.
In case the math is too confusing, town could lose and it wasn't an exaggeration.

Given the condition that KY stated (everyone gets lucky attack rolls), the outcome strongly argues against spreading damage. However, it is unlikely that everyone will get lucky attack rolls. Even then, spreading damage will result in multiple Melee Phases, which approaches the same result.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

chamber wrote:
Kirbyoshi wrote: we could have half of the players, maybe more, close to death after the first melee phase. Not a good situation to have, since scum can attack just like town can.
Unless my role is WAY above the curve in defense or WAY bellow the curve in offence, this simply isn't true.
Not after the first meele phase, probably. However, by the time someone is "lynched", if everyone off on their own is going after own personal pet project, then we could easily have half the town seriously wounded on day 1.

Or, to put it another way, if two pro-town people lock horns and just keep bashing on each other all game, which is pretty common, it'd be really bad for the town in this game; they won't kill each other quickly, but by the time we get to endgame, they'll likely both be critically wounded, which could make it easy for the scum to autowin two full days before lynch or lose by just killing the badly wounded townies during the day and then nightkilling someone at night.
Kast
Kast
tl;dr
Kast
tl;dr
tl;dr

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Kast »

Btw, chamber's Post 134 is a great example of out of context quoting. By itself it's a pretty crap-logic based argument. Defense is completely irrelevant to KY's post. Offence is only relevant in terms of damage, and has no bearing in terms of attack bonus (which is how the term is being used from context).

His follow up explanation re:damage is valid as an argument but incorrect due to bad numbers. Also, if every player did max damage and we assume no bonuses, then that's 12 damage per player per attack resulting in 288 damage. That should be enough to kill or critically wound most of us.
Show
T: 9/6.5/0
M: 8/2/1
O: 0/3.5/0

V/LA Pretty much all Weekends and Holidays
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

drowmage replaces col.colhart.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
drowmage
drowmage
Townie
drowmage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:22 am

Post by drowmage »

rereading. Thanks shea!
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

imo, it's probably time to stop arguing about logistics, do it the way majority has agreed upon, and commence scumhunting. Everyone good with that? I just get bogged down talking about how we're going to do everything; let's just do it.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I was under the impression that stats were reset each day...
Upcoming
Mini

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”