California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by StarKiss »

OK, what about my onstage voting? Picked 1 good choice, 2 bad choices.

And again, you have avoided answering me in a clear-as-crystal-post that explains what you meant by not wasting a lynch on me.

{Kise}
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Talilan wrote:You not helping the
town
mafia to lynch ANYONE.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Talilan »

Re: not wasting a lynch on you, I'm sorry for not making myself clear. We only have 2 lynches left, right? I made a couple of assumptions. I assumed
1. That you are scum
2. That you are too suspicious-looking for scum to pick as one of their two representatives in endgame
Therefore lynching you would be a waste of the 2 precious lynches we have left. I realise I am making big assumptions but I'm just calling the game like I see it.

As for your 2351, you realise that lynching is the town's main (only?) weapon, right? Townies typically really want to lynch scum. Scum don't care so much who gets lynched as long as it's not them. You very much resemble the latter.

~Tal
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by Talilan »

OK I made an executive decision and we are Donald Trumping. (Request sent). Hoping it will be announced on-stage so we can end scene, see Pooky's flip, see Gaspar's flip and move on.

~T
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 am

Post by StarKiss »

Talilan wrote:Re: not wasting a lynch on you, I'm sorry for not making myself clear. We only have 2 lynches left, right? I made a couple of assumptions. I assumed
1. That you are scum
2. That you are too suspicious-looking for scum to pick as one of their two representatives in endgame
Therefore lynching you would be a waste of the 2 precious lynches we have left. I realise I am making big assumptions but I'm just calling the game like I see it.
Such a thorough answer for what was previously a vague statement... Smells like bologna. It'd be smarter if you waited to see if "my supposed mafia buddies" would put me in endgame. That way, town has already nabbed (again, supposedly) 1 of the 2 mafia and it'd be 5 against 1. But of course this plan would not spawn in the mind of someone who has a mafia role PM.
Talilan wrote:As for your 2351, you realise that lynching is the town's main (only?) weapon, right? Townies typically really want to lynch scum. Scum don't care so much who gets lynched as long as it's not them. You very much resemble the latter.
I resemble mafia when I haven't been on a mislynch? That doesn't add up to me being scummy. Being a townie does not mean you have to bandwagon just because consensus says the lynch is popular, so I didn't. Besides, in case you haven't noticed, this is only my second time being off-camera.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:13 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

yeah I dont have a problem fire away.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:14 am

lol, you already did at any rate....

hewitt...why are tal and I the next to go tomorrow? Your opinion wont change if Gaspar flips scum? interesting...why or why not?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Gaspar »

Well shit, I guess I'm late to the party yet again. I'm dead, but I'm going to give you my last two cents (dollars, millions) anyway.

The scums:

curiouskarmadog: This guy seriously needs to die TOMORROW, and Talilan needs to fire his ass immediately. We have now gone seven deaths, I think, without revealing a single "Screen Mafia Guild" member. I've already explained in detail several reasons why CKD is likely to be scum. It's the most firm, solid thing I've thought at any point in this game except for Krew's scumminess. Nothing adds up to me. The number and nature of nightkills, the lack of SMGs, the timing of his mentioning 'SMG,' his inability to explain how endgame fits with three factions. MrJellyLee and BagelEatingCowfrog dying when he allegedly wanted to put them on stage. The scums "changing" his choices for Scene 5. None of it adds up. CKD also played the blameshifting game when I said "oh great, CKD left me with a bunch of people who want me lynched." His defense of "you're third on my list" doesn't fly, and as soon as I put pressure on CKD, he OMGUSed me anyway.

Hewitt: This guy basically rode Pooky's and Talilan's coattails today, and has looked pretty shady all game. His attacks were attacks on character, when I don't believe he knows anything about how I play. That tells me that he just took something that someone else said and ran with it, which is a much more egregious sin than making the ill-guided attack to begin with.

ShadowLurker: I still maintain that this guy is scum. He has not gotten down and dirty like I would have expected. His dice-rolling to pick Door 1/2 bothered me, as if he wanted visible proof that he was not responsible for whatever happened in that Decision. Even on my deathbed, I cannot place my finger on exactly
why
I can so calmly and confidently state that SL is scum but I just
know
it. He's a guy who will probably survive to Endgame and may sneak under everyone's radar and win this for the scums.

Thesp: I'm putting him here because of his general lack of contribution throughout much of the game. I still don't know for sure whether it's a tell one way or another, or whether it's null. It's entirely possible that Thesp's Scenes 1-3 were like my Scenes 4-5, where he just couldn't find the time to post anything of real value. Of the four people I've listed so far, Thesp is the least likely to be scum, but there is a very real possibility that he is.

There may be one more scumbag, but 5 sounds like a pretty reasonable number. I am in fact concluding one scumgroup, Scientologists. If there's one more, or if I'm wrong about somebody on my list, then StarKiss is a very reasonable alternative.

Talilan's recent play has all but convinced me that they are protown. Talitha's open speculation in particular on Secret Words and scumgroups (Oscar winners vs. non-Oscar winners) strikes me as very distinctly protown. I will give Ortolan a good telling-off after this game is over, because I don't think I've ever disapproved of a player's approach to a mafia game more than I have of Ortolan's play in this game (and that's saying an awful lot).
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:36 am

Post by Gaspar »

Talilan wrote:Do you guys ever have the experience of playing a game of mafia, getting to around Day 4 or so and suddenly a few pieces of the jigsaw start to come together, a picture starts to form, and things begin to fall into place. The way you are playing the game starts to change because suddenly you KNOW things, and can't comprehend how others can't see it. You can't explain it very well though, because the picture in your mind is only a product of tiny little game pieces... but it's an example of the Gestalt effect where the "whole is greater than the sum of the parts". You get over-excited, over-eager and then incredibly frustrated at the scum being SO greasy and the town SO obtuse. Well yeah, this is my experience right now.
lol... please reread this after we flip.
Talilan wrote:Hewitt, DGB has just unvoted Gaspar. The charms have worked, and will work on others. You know Gaspar is scum. PLEASE help us lynch him. The fact that you are not helping us lynch him means I will shortly be forced to reconsider my slight-town read of you.
I find
this
greasy. You resorted to threats to convince people to lynch us.
Talilan wrote:Re: not wasting a lynch on you, I'm sorry for not making myself clear. We only have 2 lynches left, right? I made a couple of assumptions. I assumed
1. That you are scum
I think it is a BAD strategy for town to assume certain people are scum and then not lynch them and assume they will not be brought to endgame.

There is like a huge hole there. If you're wrong, scum can bring the scummy-looking-townie to endgame and cause town to lose the game.

If you're town Talilan, I hope you will rethink this strategy after our flip. Because you will be forced to rethink all of your assumptions.

e
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:37 am

Post by Gaspar »

Talilan wrote:Do you guys ever have the experience of playing a game of mafia, getting to around Day 4 or so and suddenly a few pieces of the jigsaw start to come together, a picture starts to form, and things begin to fall into place. The way you are playing the game starts to change because suddenly you KNOW things, and can't comprehend how others can't see it. You can't explain it very well though, because the picture in your mind is only a product of tiny little game pieces... but it's an example of the Gestalt effect where the "whole is greater than the sum of the parts". You get over-excited, over-eager and then incredibly frustrated at the scum being SO greasy and the town SO obtuse. Well yeah, this is my experience right now.
lol... please reread this after we flip.
Talilan wrote:Hewitt, DGB has just unvoted Gaspar. The charms have worked, and will work on others. You know Gaspar is scum. PLEASE help us lynch him. The fact that you are not helping us lynch him means I will shortly be forced to reconsider my slight-town read of you.
I find
this
greasy. You resorted to threats to convince people to lynch us.
1. That you are scum
I think it is a BAD strategy for town to assume certain people are scum and then not lynch them and assume they will not be brought to endgame.

There is like a huge hole there. If you're wrong, scum can bring the scummy-looking-townie to endgame and cause town to lose the game.

If you're town Talilan, I hope you will rethink this strategy after our flip. Because you will be forced to rethink all of your assumptions.

e
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Gaspar »

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry for double posting so obnoxiously.

Bye guys. It has been fun.
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:59 am

Post by GoofballsAndBaloons »

hewitt's shifty vote shenanigans for the day end with a quick hammer, how interesting.
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:02 am

Post by Gaspar »

I'm so excited for our lynch scene. I hope it has psychic monkeys in it.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:04 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Final Vote Count:
4 to lynch.

Gaspar: 4 (curiouskarmadog, hewitt, StarKiss, Talilan)

curiouskarmadog: 1 (Gaspar)

Not Voting: 1 (GoofballsAndBaloons)

To view the complete table of pairwise results, put the following information into this form.

1,curiouskarmadog
2,Gaspar
3,GoofballsAndBaloons
4,hewitt
5,StarKiss
6,Talilan
7,No Lynch

1:2>3=4=5=6=7>1
1:1>3=4=5=6=7>2
1:2>1=4=5=6=7>3
1:2>1=3=5=6=7>4
1:2>1=3=4=6=7>5
1:2>1=3=4=5=7>6

Gaspar has been lynched.

You may continue to talk in this thread if you wish. Posting requirements do not apply. Gaspar's Actor Name and Alignment will be revealed at the end of the Scene.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Talilan uses the Assistant Director ability to fire curiouskarmadog.
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Talilan »

meh, I'm still hoping Gaspar flips scum, I don't really feel bad about the way I've played this game Tbh

- ortolan
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:12 am

holy shit, they can still stunt...awesome!!!!

whoever goes, tell them I didnt pick Orbots..

also note, that orbots is trying to convince VP not to stunt....this is bullshit!!!!!...

god, they got to stunt.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:14 am

not sure why we are having so much chat about who is looking scummy now, when we dont know the alignments of pooky or gaspar.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:15 am

if you think I am scum or not, you got to tell them this....the on stage crew NEED to know this information. feel free to say it came from me, but this information NEEDS TO BE KNOWN NOW!
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:26 am

Post by hewitt »

curiouskarmadog wrote:lol, you already did at any rate....

hewitt...why are tal and I the next to go tomorrow? Your opinion wont change if Gaspar flips scum? interesting...why or why not?
No no. You misread that. I meant you and Talilan KNOW who the next two lynches are not you are the next two lynches.
GoofballsAndBaloons wrote:hewitt's shifty vote shenanigans for the day end with a quick hammer, how interesting.
Nice try GnB.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:52 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:god, they got to stunt.
It would relieve the boredom, but why can't they just go ahead and vote?
[size=75]This is a block of madness that can be added to insanity you post. There is a 255 psychiatric limit.[/size]
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:53 am

curiouskarmadog wrote:if you think I am scum or not, you got to tell them this....the on stage crew NEED to know this information. feel free to say it came from me, but this information NEEDS TO BE KNOWN NOW!
There's no harm in them knowing, but why are your panties on fire? They need to know this minute???
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:19 am

they need to know before they vote....Orbots is not suppose to be there....I think scum is sacrificing one of their own to get a -1....even though I am not the most trusted person (yet) in this game..they still need to know this before they choose.

having that information on hand...then explaining why the chose what they did will tell us SO MUCH.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:24 am

also watch orbots squirm..

he totally doesnt want VP to switch.......

funny how I am scum for "putting all the information role" on stage...but when they have a chance to actually switch "it is a useless idea"...BULLSHIT!

also noting all those who think VP should switch was Gaspar. Why would VP want to switch with gaspar, when he put him in the "people who need to be lynched" catagory...interested in seeing an answer to this question.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
GoofballsAndBaloons
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
GoofballsAndBaloons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:26 am

They do? They've been pretty clear that your firing was to mean that a lynch has occurred.

We don't know the result of the day's vote, I don't see why you're panicking.

Then there's the danger of VP Baltar stunting with the dead guy. What happens with that? Maybe THAT's the downside of stunting blindly. There's a reasonable expectation that Talilan is still alive, I understand switching to Talilan, but suggesting Gaspar? Or anyone else for that matter? I can't help but think that VP Baltar is trying to pretend he doesn't know Gaspar has been lynched. It's too weird for words. But then again my paranoia plays tricks on me at times. So never mind.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”