Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Socio, sorry, that was Yankee who said that EK was my scumbuddy.
SocioPath wrote:
but if I am going to post, I at least make sure to read to make myself not sound COMPLETELY retarded.
Kirbyoshi wrote:
However, you two seemed to agree alot around that time; did you agree with him on that point when he said it?
Nope.

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Aww... what a cute defense. If you were V/LA, then why did you even bother to post?
It was Halloween. My color is orange.

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Nacho wrote:
which you still haven't explained that well...
Correction Nacho, not at all.
SocioPath wrote:
I voted because Pom comes in and makes silly statements without even READING the thread. So easy to coast along as scum, eh?
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Socio wrote:
Nacho wrote:
Aww... what a cute defense. If you were V/LA, then why did you even bother to post?
No reason at all. If you're V/LA, you're V/LA. If you're not, you're not. Don't post when you are V/LA, it makes us think you're back, and will therefore post.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Socio wrote:
Nacho wrote:
No reason at all. If you're V/LA, you're V/LA. If you're not, you're not. Don't post when you are V/LA, it makes us think you're back, and will therefore post.
The problem though is, I'm still reading the game more accurately than people who haven't done such things.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Pom: And, why exactly is that relevant?
The jester thing? Because it came up.

I do read the thread.

I would like a Chibo lynch as he's still trying to lurk, after his claim... and if he flips scum, I'm gonna focus on Nacho.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

If Chibo is scum, why would Nacho be his buddy? I kinda see what Socio was talking about now with you not reading the thread.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Because Chibo said that he got a guilty on Nacho, which could be him trying not to get him lynched, because Shanba, who Chibo investigated as scum, was actually town.

Chibo

Shanba- investigated as scum, but flipped town
Nacho- investigated as scum

Chibo could be trying to lead us to believe that he is insane, and that therefore Nacho is town.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

So why would Nacho try so hard to bus Chibo?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

That could seriously just be more WIFOM.

But I see your point, the way I hope you see mine. There is a lot of strange stuff going on.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I feel that the following Pomegranate quotes are disingenuous.
It can be hard for scum to develop original suspicions of players they know to be town. I think that Pome is using other people’s opinions in an effort to limit making her own opinions.

She is mostly using e_k, who began Day 2 as very pro-town in several people’s eyes:
Pomegranate Post 333 wrote:
SoG, played well, but the lynch didn't help us much, except for Snowbunny's scummy hammer. I don't really buy her self-justification, and I'm somewhat suspicious of Shanba right now.

I didn't particularly like Josh's play D1, but I'm not that suspicious of her right now. She seems more likely town to me than Shanba.
Her scumlist after being prodded by elvis_knits:
Pomegranate Post 476 wrote:
Scumlist:
1) Budja
2) ZazieR
3) Shanba
4)Nachomamma8
5) ChiboSempai
6) GreenDude
7) elvis_knits
8) SocioPath
9) Kirbyoshi
elvis_knits Post 373 wrote:
<snip>Scumlist:
Pomegrantate
Budja
Shanba
Zazier
Chibo
SocioPath
Kirbyoshi
Nachomamma
GreenDude
The top 4 e_k suspects (minus Pome) became Pome’s 4 of her top 5 suspects.

Her scumlist explained after being prodded:
Pomegranate Post 484 wrote:
Budja- Don't feel like we've gotten much from him D2 so far. His first main post D2 was a lame vote on Kirby, in post 351…<snip>
elvis_knits Post 417 wrote:
In other news, Budja is still scum. He hid on easy wagons all D1, and the only original thought he's had all game is voting kirbyoshi, and I think kirby is town.
ZazieR- I personally had no problem with chamber's playstyle, but Zazie's bothering me now. She's asking a lot of pointless questions…<snip>
elvis_knits Post 461 wrote:
zazie, your posting is really rubbing me the wrong way how you seem to ask about stuff that is in some cases seems really obvious, and in others seems completely inconsequential.
Shanba- I agree with most of EK's case on Shanba post 323…<snip>
A copy after the first mention of a "trap":
elvis_knits Post 532 wrote:
Oh, one more thing, chibo, you said that you put the vote on SoG to see if snow bunny would hammer.
Which is sort of like you setting a trap for her. And I generally don't like traps and think most of the time scum are the ones who set traps. So that is another complication for me.
Pomegranate Post 535 wrote:
I don't much like the idea of Chibo's trap.
I could see the motivation as scum, as well as the reasoning as town. I see it as slightly scummy, but generally a null-tell, as both town and scum attempt "traps".
++Scum points for wishy-washy stance on “traps” while still adding suspicion to Chibo for it.

There was some opinion and content in other posts, and some after the snips I created for effect, but I could find the same stances in other people's stances. My overall point is that all of her posts lack analysis. There is far too much IIOA and piggybacking on the popular wagons.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Vote: Pomegranate
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Yankee »

With all these points you bring up, i feel confident voting Pome. I hadnt thought much about Pome and I am still a newb at the basic way to play mafia, so im not as detailed in searching for scum as an experienced player. I assume i will learn over time though...
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Jahudo's 933...

I have noticed this about Pome. She has echoed a lot of my points. Like especially the trap thing I noticed because nobody else called Chibo's play a trap except me. So for her to use the same term and agree with me definitely struck me as copycat.

My reservations about this have been 1)I don't mind people agreeing with me, if I'm right it only helps me get it done; and 2)Twilight mafia she did lots of QFT's and agreement behavior and she was town there.

I think that her behavior is somewhat different this game (from twilight) because she mostly seems to be agreeing with me. Not everyone. Also, it just seems like she's doing it more, and she's not doing a whole lot of scumhunting. Even now when people are attacking her, she's not really addressing the points. Which I find scummy. She doesn't seem like she's trying to explain her behavior. Maybe she doesn't know how to? Or hoping that ignoring it will blow over?

Anyway, it is mostly meta considerations that have given me pause about Pome, but I think that overall she really is scummy. That the meta arguments are not enough to excuse the degree to which she is copying/buddying me, her lack of scum hunting, and her failure to address points on her.

I would vote her today.

I still want to hear from Chibo though... where is he??
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:45 am

Post by Jahudo »

@MOD: Can we have a vote count please?

Is deadline still tomorrow?

If so we need to determine our top 2-3 choices.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Deadline is tomorrow?? OMG.

I guess my top two are Chibo, Pom. Yankee and nacho after that. I'm pretty happy with Jahudo.

Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Ok, so since we're so close to deadline, I took the liberty of making my own votecount. Like the mod, I'm by no means perfect, but unlike the mod, I can't edit my posts, but my votecount isn't official, so this is what I think the votes are.

Pomegranate(3): SocioPath, Yankee, Jahudo
ChiboSempai(2): elvis_knits, Pomegranate
SocioPath(2): Nachomamma8, Kirbyoshi

Does this look accurate?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Jahudo »

1. Pome
2. Nacho
3. Yankee

The distance between 1 and 2 is pretty far though.
I won't consider a Chibo lynch based on what we've seen so far. The claim looks legit.
I won't consider a SocioPath because I have a strong town read on him.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Oh yeah, and my top 3 suspects.

Socio
Chibo (just realized he's not voting; why not?)
Pom/Yankee (but both of these mostly come from others' cases)

Like Jahudo said, the distance between 1 and 2 is pretty large, but not insurmountable.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

Pomegranate (3)- SocioPath, Yankee, Jahudo
ChiboSempai (2)- elvis_knits, Pomegranate
SocioPath (2)– Nachomamma8, Kirbyoshi

Not voting (1): ChiboSempai

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is Nov 3, 8:30pm (GMT-5) Daylight savings time kind of messed up the original deadline date!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Do you all realize Chibo has done diddly squat today?

Same pretty much applies to Pome, I guess. I just really think Chibo is fake claiming since I don't think he needed to claim vanilla yesterday.

If Pome is still highest vote-getter when she checks the thread, she needs to claim.

I want to vote Pome because I think she's scum too, but I really dislike the idea of unvote Chibo when he hasn't answered my questions or scum-hunted at all today. I'm going to wait a bit and see who posts.
Talk nerdy to me.

ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:30 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Holy crap I had no idea tomorrow was the deadline. I was more observing the discussion amongst everyone, as my big latest role in the discussion was my role claim. What am I supposed to say after that per se? The big thing following that would be what everyone thinks about my roleclaim.

There really hasn't been much to comment on until now since I didn't read the game yesterday and I just got some down time at work now to catch up.

As per Pome's comment about the possible me and Nacho team and me trying to cover for him with the guilty verdict I got, this doesn't make sense at all. I specifically said at first I didn't want to reveal the verdict I got but was told that I should incase I were to die soon, so then people could use the verdict if it turns out I was insane and not paranoid I assume.

Tbh I'm still not sure who to somewhat target on. I'm sort of leaning towards Pome for trying to turn my cop claim into a potential scum partnering with Nacho which makes no sense. Somewhat just trying to divert attention onto someone else. I'll try to figure out a vote by the end of the day.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

:x

The fact that you're "observing the discussion" but not really participating, makes me very wary!

Chibo, I want a scumlist from you with comments on every player.
Talk nerdy to me.

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Jahudo »

It looks like Chibo is relying on his role power to scumhunt, instead of analyzing posts. He is being honest about lurking though, which I would not expect from scum.

I'm getting alot of newbie tells from him, and that makes me think he's town. If he was scum, his role claim would have been too elaborately planned to come from someone that doesn't know how to hide the most basic anti-town tells.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Do you really think so? What are the other newbie tells that you've seen?

Maybe you're right. I was thinking that he overplayed aggressive scum yesterday and maybe his buddies recommended he claim cop today to try to save himself.

But I guess it could fit with newb cop. Although, he says he's played a lot of mafia other places, so he isn't sooooo newb.

unvote, vote Pome
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:26 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm just having a problem finding enough scum if I believe Chibo is cop and yankee is vig.

If chibo is town, he's almost certainly insane. Paranoid cop hurts the game too much. and if he's insane, that means nacho is town too.

And I think socio and kirby and jahudo are town.

Which leaves me with Pome. And no buddies. Unless I am wrong about my town reads. Always possible, but it's not what my gut says.

I still don't like Chibo or Yankee.
Talk nerdy to me.

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 am

Post by Yankee »

I do agree with EK about Chibo being Insane Cop. It seems that with a Jester and a Paranoid Cop the game would be unbalanced, so if Chibo is telling the truth and is a townie, then it is most likely that he is Insane. I still dont see why you guys would think i would lie about my role. It wouldnt benefit me at all as a scum to claim as a 1 shot vig in any way. I was just trying to help you guys know why Zazier died in the night. I am still happy with my vote on Pome.

I also suggest that if Chibo gets a Guilty verdict tomorrow (if he manages to live thru the night) that we lynch him tomorrow to find out his true role, and to make sure he isnt trying to decieve us. Just my suggestion incase i die tonight, please remember my thoughts about this.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

Jahudo is right that I suppose I was relying a bit too much on my power role to scumhunt initially, which is why I don't have a full out list like most people do, however in most games as it is I normally don't have many reads too early on.

For the first few days I more just like to see the overall play of everyone getting a feel for their styles, habits, tendencies and what not, and I generally don't act on a scumtell unless it really jumps out at me.

With that said, not too much has really jumped out at me per se. The two main things that have sort of tripped my radar (or however the saying goes) were:

1. My entire case on Nacho at the start of Day 3 laid out in Post 701. Here is the post for everyone to reference again:

"I really don't think any of us saw that coming...

What surprised me even further was that Zazier also flipped town, as soon as we started to suspect him towards the end of Day 2. I honestly don't understand the mafia mentality for that with taking out someone that isn't scum that the town potentially thinks is...

And Nachomamma, you're quite quick to act with that vote tbh. How do you vote then demand an explaination... You act like I'm the only one to have voted Shanba. Sure I somewhat lead the case on him, but he was topping the scum list for multiple people. You saw the slip ups we all thought were scum tells. Almost everyone agreed that Shanba was the top play with the deadline closing in.

Also now, knowing that he flipped town, you quickly trying to cast suspicion on me at the end of Day 2 really does no sit well with me. At all.

Think about it, it's simple scum logic.

If you were scum you would know that both myself and Shanba were town. You already saw that Shanba was the play and didn't have to worry about anyone else being lynched, so you quickly started to target me which could carry over into this day (as you have already started). Targeting me in theory should net a really easy lynch since I was the main person pushing for the Shanba lynch, and naturally suspicion would be placed on me if he flipped town. However, you started the suspicion on me yesterday, which makes no sense. The only way you would know that Shanba was town yesterday was if you were scum. The only other way being that if you were a cop and got a report on him Night 1, though I would think you would use the report to protect him from being lynched if you were town, so no, there's no way you're a cop."

Here is a link to the post so you can go back and refer to the few posts leading up to it by Nacho:
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 58#1926858

2. My recent case on Pomegranate. It was described somewhat just a few posts ago, though again... I feel that he is somewhat just trying to divert attention off of himself especially after just getting a couple of posts. I had recently claimed which is a big happening in any game when someone claims, and I feel that Pomegranate used the situation to his advantage to think of a way he could possibly twist it around to make it seem like I'm still scum, and use my verdict on Nacho against me like I had it planned despite clearly not wanting to say it to everyone in the first place. His reasoning for me being scum through my claim and verdict really doesn't make sense to me, and it seems all too likely that he brought it up on this page when suspicion was starting to land on him, and not earlier on when I first said the verdict I received on Nacho.

I don't have any real scum reads on anyone else at the moment, though for the feeling I've gotten from other players I tend to have a feeling that KirbYoshi and Jahudo are town. I'm feeling more better than not about Elvis. Socio could go either way for me. As for Yankee I honestly have no idea at all what to think about him (which in turn could be a bad thing I suppose...)
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”