Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Looking back at Looker's posts, I get a different impression than Nikanor does. I find my vote confirmed. In my limited experience, scum don't buddy, and they don't usually bus. They simply ignore each other, and Looker all but ignored Netlava. Of course, Netlava hasn't done a whole lot, except prematurely (and scummily) hammer ani.

VOTE COUNT

Vino (2): Netlava, Yankee
Netlava (2): dramonic, Kirbyoshi
Snow_Bunny (1): Nikanor

Not Voting (3): Snow_Bunny, Head_Honcho, Vino

With 8 Alive, 5 is needed to lynch.
3 is needed to lynch at deadline.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I think that Snow + Netlava is quite possible as well.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Post by Yankee »

I actually just went back and looked and i agree with Nikanor's reasoning. Snow_Bunny was the only person with their vote on me at the end that is not a confirmed town or Dead scum..... Everyone else voted for Khamisa and lynched the Treacherous Lover Looker.

This Means 2 things, 1). Snow_Bunny just got a whole lot more scummy in my opinion, and i Still think Vino is scum based on how he was pushing to lynch me the entire day (so was dramonic if i remember correctly). and 2). At least 1, if not both Scum voted to lynch the Treacherous Lover.

Also another thing i find scummy about Snow_Bunny is how she quit another game i was playing with her in which her role was lynched and was confirmed town, but in this game she didnt stop playing, but instead just has become less active. I think this signifies a PR at least, most likely a scum role. Also in this game she seemed to jump on all the bandwagons that looked like they were going to yield a lynch, except for Khamisa's.

I think it is a safe bet to vote Snowbunny today, and Vino can wait until tomorrow

Unvote, Vote: Snow_Bunny

Also, my top 3 suspects at the time are Snow_Bunny, Vino, Dramonic, in that order.
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by Yankee »

@ Nik, as much as I hate to say it because i was one of the strongest supporters of lynching Netlava day 1, I now believe that Netlava is a townie because his vote was one of the first on Khamisa and stayed on her all day pretty much.... He just has been acting suspiciously...

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yankee wrote:his vote was one of the first on Khamisa and stayed on her all day pretty much
Yeah, I saw that as well. I'd suggest an elaborate form of distancing, but my psychologist told me to use Occam's Razor more often in my problem-solving.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by Yankee »

Occam's Razor?

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The simplest explanation is often the correct one.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Simplest explanation for me would be that Netlava quick hammered because he knew Ani was town, and because Netlava is scum. Seems like a very simple explanation.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Yankee wrote:I actually just went back and looked and i agree with Nikanor's reasoning. Snow_Bunny was the only person with their vote on me at the end that is not a confirmed town or Dead scum..... Everyone else voted for Khamisa and lynched the Treacherous Lover Looker.

This Means 2 things, 1). Snow_Bunny just got a whole lot more scummy in my opinion, and i Still think Vino is scum based on how he was pushing to lynch me the entire day (so was dramonic if i remember correctly). and 2). At least 1, if not both Scum voted to lynch the Treacherous Lover.

Also another thing i find scummy about Snow_Bunny is how she quit another game i was playing with her in which her role was lynched and was confirmed town, but in this game she didnt stop playing, but instead just has become less active. I think this signifies a PR at least, most likely a scum role. Also in this game she seemed to jump on all the bandwagons that looked like they were going to yield a lynch, except for Khamisa's.

I think it is a safe bet to vote Snowbunny today, and Vino can wait until tomorrow

Unvote, Vote: Snow_Bunny

Also, my top 3 suspects at the time are Snow_Bunny, Vino, Dramonic, in that order.
So, based on your logic you must be scum as well as you pushed for your lynch too. I first voted for you, for a reason, probably not strong enough, but after the day moved on you just earned that voted. And, how was I suppose to know that Khamisa and Looker were the treachearous pair at that moment? You stroke me as the scummiest (even more than Nik, and hence my vote on you and not him).

Btw, that game you're talking about, I replaced out because of the mod. Nothing else, nothing more.

@Nik: What's in Looker's posts that make me look scummy? You know, in my first game here in this site with this account, scum tried to buddy another player, and we later lynch him just to find he was townie, and thus we lose the game. Don't try to rise suspicions on me based on what another player said.

I also agree with Kirbyoshi that Netlava's hammer came rather as opportunistic. There's also a hint of his posts in D1 that make me think he's scummy.

For now, I'm happy with
Vote: Netlava
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Vino »

Sorry for my low posting volume lately, I've had trouble getting myself away from the wealth of work that needs doing. I apologize for the following wall of text.

So I had a really plausible explanation for ani to have false claimed as scum and I was going to post it but the day was over before I got back to my computer and anyway it turns out it was a conspiracy theory. However it was only a partially untrue conspiracy theory. At the time, if I could have guessed who the partner had been I would have guessed Looker, and I wanted to lynch Khamisa because I didn't like Looker. Looker calling Khamisa "boring" pretty much took the cake for me as her lover, and he had been buddying up to me all D1 and his response to Honcho at the beginning of the game was terrible. When ani claimed instead I was very close to swinging around and voting the other group instead. When it turned out to be Looker after all, I thought that ani was trying to cover for Looker because Looker looked a lot scummier than ani so far in that game, so I voted ani, and that brings us to the present.

During the night I had a long think and a re-read on Nikanor and I've been starting to see things from a different perspective. This statement from his iso 49 strikes out at me:
Nikanor wrote:I notice that the Yankee wagon has been built much too quickly for him to be scum.
Turns out it was highly perceptive. I think our flipped scum was on the train at some point. There are a lot of other reactive statements that I wouldn't expect from mafia.
Netlava wrote:
Vino wrote:Nikanor, you need to claim.
Premature to be asking someone to claim.
At the time he had the most votes. As for the other concerns, I refer you to the previous conversation about hyperbole.
Yankee wrote:i Still think Vino is scum based on how he was pushing to lynch me the entire day
Um, no. I was pushing to lynch Nikanor the entire day. I thought the self-voting was really scummy but I never pushed a lynch. In fact I think at one point I advocated not lynching you because you were a lover. I think your imagination is running off with you.
Snow_Bunny wrote:So, based on your logic you must be scum as well as you pushed for your lynch too. I first voted for you, for a reason, probably not strong enough, but after the day moved on you just earned that voted. And, how was I suppose to know that Khamisa and Looker were the treachearous pair at that moment? You stroke me as the scummiest (even more than Nik, and hence my vote on you and not him).
A nice bit of wifom and circular logic here. Also a tinge of omgus. And I have to refrain myself from correcting the atrocious spelling.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Nikanor »

Snow_Bunny wrote:@Nik: What's in Looker's posts that make me look scummy? You know, in my first game here in this site with this account, scum tried to buddy another player, and we later lynch him just to find he was townie, and thus we lose the game. Don't try to rise suspicions on me based on what another player said.
I don't create suspicions based on who flipped scum has buddied. Being buddied is a nulltell, as trying to prove it as scummy would leave rather large pool of WIFOM.
I'm wondering if anyone here is familiar with the one in three rule. About halfway through Looker's posts, he gives a short list of his suspicions, looking something like this:
1. Yankee
2. dramonic - Nik - Snow_Bunny
Now, the one in three rules says that one of the three here is most likely scum. I know it isn't me, so that leaves us with dramonic and Snow. I'm leaning toward Snow at the moment, since she also listed Nik - dram as a possible scumteam. Her suspicions toward dramonic actually appear to have cropped up out of nowhere, if you look at her posts in iso.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Yankee »

@Vino, sorry, i must have been confusing you with Dramonic. I know someone was using a bunch of statistic's to try to show that a lynch of the 2 confirmed lovers was better then the 1 claimed lover. Also not wanting to lynch the lovers seems scummy to me, so i still think of you as scum.

Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Vino »

Suits me. Must be more of that selective memory you seem to enjoy cultivating, forgetting that I eventually ended up lynching a lover.
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Netlava »

Accusing me of quickhammering is unfair, imo, when you people put animorpherv1 at L-1 so early. Oh, and some other people were even considering hammering themselves. We even have dramonic here claiming to be on a scum lynch before it even happens!

And let's get real, animorpherv1 is not going to "clear" himself. I've seen enough lynches to know that this stuff just doesn't happen, and even if it did, it wouldn't be a good thing in this situation. I need to know animorpherv1's alignment in order to try to make some other reads - I can't go about with animorpherv1's alignment in question. I thought animorpherv1 was town before D2, but when Looker flipped treacherous, I was pretty confused. Animorpherv1 became a "must lynch," imo, so I hammered. Simple. I don't need 100% certainty here.

And about the role PM business - quoting roles PMs doesn't mean anything when the mod claims to have sent the correct role PM. It's not like I'm going to believe anything animorpherv1 says after that. I still don't know what happened with the whole animorpherv1 situation either.

Lastly, I see that snowbunny has voted me. You'll be interested to know that she is my second suspect, and I'm fine with her lynch.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by dramonic »

There is such a thing as a too short day, Netlava.

However, I'm going to give you a (small) pass for now and

Unvote
Vote: Snow_Bunny

Because buddying to Nik is awesome. Also because I like his case building and I want to see if the rule of 3 is worth using.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Yes, Netlava, people were
considering
it, but they weren't going to do it until ani had quoted. You didn't give him a chance. As stated before, I'm not letting another quickhammerer get away so easily.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:22 am

Post by Netlava »

I didn't think ani had a chance either way.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Yankee »

I dont have much to add to this topic because i am confident in my vote, but i would like to see other people posting, it seems this topic is dying kinda. I think maybe a scum list from everyone would be helpful at this point and time. Here is mine, top = most scummy, bottom = least scummy:

(suspects)
Snow Bunny
Vino
Dramonic
Kirbyoshi
Netlava
Nikanor
(confirmed town)
Head Honcho
Yankee

P.S. - Snow Bunnies new avatar freaks me out *gasp*

Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Netlava »

Yeah, haven't heard much from Vino & HH yet today.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I refuse to make a scumspects list because it will force me to commit to something, which is detrimental to my own scumhunting. I get more information when my suspects don't know they are suspects. However, I will say that Vino is going down on my suspect list while dramonic and Netlava are going up.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm

Post by Yankee »

explain please?

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yankee wrote:explain please?
Are you talking about my reads on Vino, Netlava and dramonic? Or are you talking about my reason for not posting suspicions?
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Yankee »

Your reads on Vino, Netlava, and Dramonic.

Also, how is it that everynight it seems that we tend to post at the same time xD Almost like our own conversation, just kinda funny :P

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Yankee wrote:Also, how is it that everynight it seems that we tend to post at the same time xD Almost like our own conversation, just kinda funny
I dunno, similar time zones? In any case, it's pretty sweet. I get my own quality time with Yankee! Whoooo! XD
Yankee wrote:Your reads on Vino, Netlava, and Dramonic.
Vino: I looked back at where he called Looker stupid, and it doesn't seem like something Vino would say to his scumpartner. He also backtracked on what he said, which seems to eliminate the possibility of distancing. Vino is still in review, but he's rising in my townlist.

Netlava: His quickhammer is still looking scummy to me. His reasons for voting Vino seem concise to the point of arbitrary.

dramonic: Mostly gut. His attitude of 'Must. Lynch. Claimed. Lovers.' As soon as Yankee claimed is scummy, as well as his push for Khamisa's lynch with his vote on Yankee.

Snow_Bunny: Actually looking more town to me with her last post. I'm starting to waver in my opinion of her as scum, but we'll see how that goes with her next few posts.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by Yankee »

woot quality time. I guess Vino did disagree with Looker, but that doesnt mean i dont think of him as a townie. I do agree with all your points of Dramonic, but not really on Netlava just because Netlava never once put his vote on my on Day 1 when there were 2 set of lovers. Doesnt seem like a scum would vote for the treacherous pair so early on. Right now i am thinking a Dram/Snow scum pair. What exactly made you think of Snow more as town?

Return to “Completed Open Games”