The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

SC claims to be the one who can steal roles.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

elmo wrote:It would be really good if people hating on me could give a reason why, instead of just doing something simple like play normally and abuse the fact that double-voters are commonly seen as town, the mafia would decide to try and get a double-voter through
the entire game game without voting anyone at all or doing anything ever, despite the fact that the number of available votes are listed clearly in the vote count or the fact we started out with 29 players and it's clearly self-defeating. (Note that hiding the double vote for a short while is liable to make the mafia's life a little harder if they're not paying attention, albeit I wouldn't do it.) I think this argument is fairly silly, but I can't really have it floating around out there as-is.
I have played on a scum team that could manipulate the vote count and it was definitely a high priority to keep that secret as long as possible. It can be a very strong weapon. I do acknowledge, however, that it is difficult to keep a double vote secret when it is reflected in the vote count. What bothers me is that Rosso did in fact try to hide his double voting ability. I don't see a town reason for doing this. You have also been under the radar in a major way, though your last posts at least seem to be making an effort now.
elmo wrote:Also, this "zombie" (maybe the word is misleading, but we know what we mean) thing needs to be sorted out post-haste. What the hell kind of town role does that? But, eh he claimed freely, right? Still weird.
I agree completely and I don't like it. Still waiting to hear a more indepth explanation of the reasoning on the targets, as what has been given so far doesn't add up in my mind as legitimate.

re: cliff notes- I recognize that there is a lot going on in this game and you may still be behind somewhat. If you'd like something summed up or explained, then ask. I would like you to be caught up and fully participating by the end of the day if possible.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 am

Post by milkshake »

Milk claims to be psychiatrist or Sane Modifier (I need clarification).
I can't exactly offer it, all I know is that I remove the condition of being completely insane.
"Causer of Weep"!
Yeah, as I mentioned quite a while back I find this ridiculous as well. :P
who claimed that rolestealer thingy?
SerialClergyman did!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Jeez you people post a lot.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Vote Count (Page 100, Day 3)

milkshake
-3 (dramonic, Plum, tubby216)
dramonic -3 (Snow_Bunny, Papa Zito, Battle Mage)
Papa Zito -2 (LlamaFluff, chamber )
Snow_Bunny -2 (Elmo )
Sajin -2 (Benmage, stark)
SerialClergyman -1 ( VP Baltar)
tubby216 -1 (SocioPath)
chamber -1 (SpyreX)
Benmage -1 (Kise)
Snow_Bunny -1 (milkshake)

Not Voting:
SerialClergyman, Sajin, Vaya

This is terrible, just terrible. We need a real wagon, people. Let's get more dramonic votes ITT.

Also, my both of my other two top suspects are voting with me. I don't know what to think of that.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:46 am

Post by dramonic »

May I be told why I'm number one on your lynch list Elmo?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Benmage »

Elmo wrote:Ben, can you explain the distinction between between not being active enough vs. playing badly/scummily when I'm here?
Hmm what do you mean? You trying to say ur 5 posts this game are good? Wow anyone could not fuck up in 5 posts. But nor can anyone get a read on you, you are coasting and not active enough/bad.
Elmo wrote: When you say "I don't like your play", I thought you mean the latter. And also why you're looking at me in particular for not-active-enough?
I'm clearly not focusing on you only for your lack of participation if you have been paying attention you would know this.
Elmo wrote: I'm not too sure about why #2, yet.
:roll: Wowwww way to summarize everything right here. You list me as your #2 suspect and you don't know why....hmmm....bad play much?

Kise wrote:
Benmage wrote:Still baffled at you....KK clearly didn't protect me saying I should be lynch to fulfill KmD's WC...how the fuck is that at all protecting me???
He didn't recommend that you be lynched. He wrote a note saying KMD would win the game > town if you were ever lynched. So it's protective in the sense that it attempts to scare everyone into NOT voting you. Why would KK go to these lengths for your benefit?
How at all does it scare people. It doesn't suggest that KmD wins and we all lose.

Here:
Kmd4390 wrote: Win condition is I win when Sajin is lynched and I am on the lynch OR Sajin dies and I'm not on the lynch or he's killed another way and the SK dies, regardless of how it happens.
When I achieve my win condition, I am removed from the game.
Did you catch that champ? So can we agree yet, its clearly not protective...its trying to name me as the SK. And ooooh great lengths....Its his Night action where he tries to make me the SK, of the person who claimed he needed to kill the SK and wanted me dead before he died...Sounds like an easy move to setup an easy lynch for the next day. (Not knowing he was going to die)
Kise wrote:
Benmage wrote:KmD said the one he needs to kill is the SK...
Don't matter what KMD said, if that's even what he typed. KK tried to use a smoke and mirrors tactic (for what?) and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't just write a bunch of bullshit. What good would it do him to merely confuse town, when he should put those notes to use by assisting his mafia? And by assisting his mafia, I mean trying to protect you from being lynched.
Uhh yeah KK tried to setup an easy lynch. AGAIN we here assume the note was by KK and VPB is telling the truth. Even VPB who got the note isn't pushing this. Geeeeeze.

And I am still baffled that you are basing your strongest read on such loose information.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Papa Zito wrote:Jeez you people post a lot.
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Vote Count (Page 100, Day 3)

milkshake
-3 (dramonic, Plum, tubby216)
dramonic -3 (Snow_Bunny, Papa Zito, Battle Mage)
Papa Zito -2 (LlamaFluff, chamber )
Snow_Bunny -2 (Elmo )
Sajin -2 (Benmage, stark)
SerialClergyman -1 ( VP Baltar)
tubby216 -1 (SocioPath)
chamber -1 (SpyreX)
Benmage -1 (Kise)
Snow_Bunny -1 (milkshake)

Not Voting:
SerialClergyman, Sajin, Vaya

This is terrible, just terrible. We need a real wagon, people. Let's get more dramonic votes ITT.

Also, my both of my other two top suspects are voting with me. I don't know what to think of that.
Erm, i'm one of your top suspects? Spill it, kiddo!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

dramonic wrote:May I be told why I'm number one on your lynch list Elmo?
This is ridiculous. Dramonic needs to die asap.

I'm clearly gonna get confused between SP and SC... :(

Has SC claimed who he stole from last night? Or has he kept VPB's role?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Papa Zito wrote: Also, my both of my other two top suspects are voting with me. I don't know what to think of that.
Vote Sajin.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Benmage »

Battle Mage wrote: Has SC claimed who he stole from last night? Or has he kept VPB's role?

BM
He touched SpyreX and got nothing...and VPB and i dont remember what happened with that...

This zombification is weird..SC could be a viable lynchee
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:57 am

Post by Elmo »

Battle Mage wrote:
This is ridiculous. Dramonic needs to die asap.
This is not remotely ridiculous and you will explain why it's ridiculous or earn my vote, thx.
I'm sheeping Zito. Direct all enquires to him!
Benmage wrote:I'm clearly not focusing on you only for your lack of participation if you have been paying attention you would know this.
Benmage wrote:
Elmo wrote:
Benmage wrote:Yes Elmo’s play is quite poor.
Why, in your opinion?
You aren't active enough. Why did I make #2 on your list?
This is in the post two posts before that one. Are you just deliberately not answering my question so you can mouth off at me or what, wiseguy?
Benmage wrote:You list me as your #2 suspect and you don't know why....hmmm....bad play much?
Obv obv. Not that I'm throwing out a list I specifically mark as arbitrary because I'm not caught up with the hundred page game that everyone who's been in from page 1 is confused by. I remember not liking the something about the way your views seemed to change very easily to fit the people around you, but I need to read back more to see if that's accurate, and to look at the context in which it happened, i.e. whether it's worth a damn.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh snap is that EVERYONE that has provided a list finally?

I'm down with whatever you want to do as far as numbers - I think that, as the data is here, enterprising scum can do what we're afraid of anyways so the full list would be interesting to look at.

@Zito:

Somewhere in this madness I had a question for you. I'll dig it up again later if you don't find it before then.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Benmage »

Elmo wrote:
Benmage wrote:I'm clearly not focusing on you only for your lack of participation if you have been paying attention you would know this.
Why did you requote this?
Elmo wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Elmo wrote:
Benmage wrote:Yes Elmo’s play is quite poor.
Why, in your opinion?
You aren't active enough. Why did I make #2 on your list?
This is in the post two posts before that one. Are you just deliberately not answering my question so you can mouth off at me or what, wiseguy?
Which question did I dodge? You asked why I think your play has been poor. Your play is poor because you aren't active. But that isn't the only answer as we can see here:
Elmo wrote:
Benmage wrote:You list me as your #2 suspect and you don't know why....hmmm....bad play much?
Obv obv. Not that I'm throwing out a list I specifically mark as arbitrary because I'm not caught up with the hundred page game that everyone who's been in from page 1 is confused by. I remember not liking the something about the way your views seemed to change very easily to fit the people around you, but I need to read back more to see if that's accurate, and to look at the context in which it happened, i.e. whether it's worth a damn.
^^So looks like you aren't even caught up with the game. Thats probably why your post count is so low and why i believe you are a non-contributor/coaster...i.e. bad/scummy etc. Also your recent posts/reasoning is poor.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Papa Zito »

SpyreX wrote:@Zito:

Somewhere in this madness I had a question for you. I'll dig it up again later if you don't find it before then.
Did you? Must have missed it.
SpyreX wrote:I've got a question for the Zeetster:

Was the push for KScope MORE a function of thinking scope was scum or thinking Ben was town?
Was it this?
Kappa
Just Monika
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Benmage »

PZ what do you think of Sajin?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Battle Mage wrote:Erm, i'm one of your top suspects? Spill it, kiddo!

BM
You've been remarkable non-committal. The endless series of "I'm catchin up, honest injun" has caught my attention. The Dramonic vote is A+ tho and it looks like you're catching up (?) now.
Benmage wrote:PZ what do you think of Sajin?
1. He defends Dramonic, black mark.
2. He's following the town with every vote except Stark.
3. Claims a stark case but didn't make one that I can find? Also I really don't have any issues with stark's play that I can recall so I don't know where the hate is coming from.

I dunno. He rings pretty hollow when I read back. His "why me?" post earlier (trying to deflect to Battle Mage) was particularly bad (especially since I had called BM on exactly that). He's certainly not playing like I'm used to.
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yea, that one Zeets.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Papa Zito »

SpyreX wrote:Yea, that one Zeets.
I didn't know I was Zeets. :D

I'll be honest, it was a function of scope being a scummy lurker (only randomly popping in to vote) but equally a function of the town completely lacking direction and needing something to do before it died. I figured that, at worst, we lose an anti-town player and at best we lynch scum. If I'd known he was actually flaking from the site I would have gone elsewhere. :/
Kappa
Just Monika
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

It just seems to fit, what can I say.

Hmmmm.... ok.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Papa Zito wrote:
Benmage wrote:PZ what do you think of Sajin?
1. He defends Dramonic, black mark.
2. He's following the town with every vote except Stark.
3. Claims a stark case but didn't make one that I can find? Also I really don't have any issues with stark's play that I can recall so I don't know where the hate is coming from.

I dunno. He rings pretty hollow when I read back. His "why me?" post earlier (trying to deflect to Battle Mage) was particularly bad (especially since I had called BM on exactly that). He's certainly not playing like I'm used to.
You dont think that may be worth voting? Especially if you dont like the people on dracs wagon.

Couldn't you also name him non-committal. Or a less than average activity level.

His play is also resemble-ent of scum for me.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Sure, it'd be worth voting if I weren't so sure of Dramonic's scumminess. He and chamber both warrant closer looks tomorrow.
Kappa
Just Monika
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Benmage »

Papa Zito wrote:Sure, it'd be worth voting if I weren't so sure of Dramonic's scumminess. He and chamber both warrant closer looks tomorrow.
But we need to merge onto one wagon. I think Sajin is the better plan for today and tomorrow with some more interesting known night action moves to examine we can return to dramonic and others.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@Zito-did you check K-scope's postings elsewhere on the site before you made such a fuss about him being a lurker? Do you have past experience with him?

Since Cinnabon Spyrex wants the full list (and makes a reasonable enough point about all of the data being there anyhow), I guess I will go ahead and post the full list. The way I determined who was most and least lynchable was to sort everyone's name by the number of times he or she appeared as someone's number 1, 2, or 3, in that order. So, person with the most number 1 votes is first, but if there is a tie, then the tie is broken by the player out of those tied who has the most number 2s, and so on and so forth. I think this is a good method for gauging the town's overall mood because it shows overall suspicion, rather than who is getting the most votes at one time (ie, just number 1 position). Now, some may consider this partially flawed because a player wtih 5 number 2 positions would be ranked lower than a player with 1 number one position, but you can look at the numbers and we can discuss from there if someone deserves to be higher or lower.

So, here is the list in order from scummiest to least scummiest:

[mrow]Player[col]Gold[col]Silver[col]Bronzemilkshake[col] 4 [col]1[col]4dramonic[col] 4[col]1[col]0tubby216[col] 3[col]1[col]0stark[col]2[col]1[col]1Sajin[col]1[col] 4[col]2Snow_Bunny[col]1[col]3[col]0chamber[col]1[col]1[col]2benmage[col]1[col]1[col]1Papa Zito[col]1[col]0[col]1Sociopath[col]1[col]0[col]0Llamafluff[col]1[col]0[col]0Vaya[col]0[col]2[col]2Elmo[col]0[col]2[col]0VP Baltar[col]0[col]1[col]3Battle Mage[col]0[col]1[col]1Serialclergyman[col]0[col]0[col]1Spyrex[col]0[col]0[col]1Plum[col]0[col]0[col]1Kise[col]0[col]0[col] 0

Sorry it's not fancier and color coded, but I suck at tables.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:04 am

Post by dramonic »

So... I read you in ISO PZ and nowhere in the game you stated having any case on me. You just suddenly pop up yelling you'll eat a pony and buy everyone a hat if I'm not scum, but you haven't given any reason for your read on me.

Unless your only reason is gut.

You asked me one question, why I didn't block Milk twice. I answered. Since then you want me dead.
Elmo wrote:
I'm sheeping Zito. Direct all enquires to him!
Do you even have a townread on PZ?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

Huh. That is interesting looking at it all in one place.

Kise coming up goose eggs is awesome? And confusing?

Seeing Sajin be the number one secondary wagon also seems really smoof.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”