Mini 847 Murder in Zachtown (Game over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Vi »

Maemuki, what is your read on Nikanor?
In addition, why do you believe we have an M. Roleblocker?

Vote: Haylen
(L-3)
Reasons are etc.
Plus about half the player list is hiding behind her and Battle Mage right now.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

1st vote count of day 3:

Haylen - 2 (Sotty7, Vi)

Not voting (Nikanor, Haylen, Maemuki, Battle Mage, jasonT1981, Debonair Danny DiPietro, hitogoroshi)

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch.

If I made any mistakes, let me know asap.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Haylen »

Vi wrote:Maemuki, what is your read on Nikanor?
In addition, why do you believe we have an M. Roleblocker?

(L-3)
Reasons are etc.
Plus about half the player list is hiding behind her and Battle Mage right now.
Vi...if half of the player list is hiding behind me and Battle Mage right now, then why are you consciously trying to hide behind me too? What reason do you have?

I tried to kill Vi last night. But she's still alive. Obv. Thus, she is either immune to night actions, and the only people I have come across who are were scum. Or I was roleblocked.

Why didn't i go for BM last night? I have no idea whether or not he was joking about being another doc, so I didn't want to risk killing a possible townie. So I went for Vi instead. Who is sending my scumdar haywire.

Yesterday, Vi clearly said that she wanted me to Vig myself last night. This is scummy because it indicates that she wants a townie PR our of the game.

She refused to read the links in which my defence is proven.

She used a meta quote against be, by a person who admitted to be joking afterwards in the same quote. And then voted me immediately afterwards, which seemed opportunistic.
Vi wrote: People who need to post more actual content:
*Haylen
*DTMaster
*Maemuki
*More Haylen
*KittyMo (best wishes though)
Strawmanning. There was no need to mention my name twice out of everybody else. Adds suspicion since she pushed for my lynch afterwards.

Vote Vi
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Maemuki »

*coughOMGUScough*

Also, why couldn't you have said that yesterday?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Vi »

This should be entertaining~
Haylen 1027 wrote:Vi...if half of the player list is hiding behind me and Battle Mage right now, then why are you consciously trying to hide behind me too? What reason do you have?
Correct me if I'm mistaken - it happens - but I believe you were my #1 suspect at the end of yesterday, with no redeeming value and no clarifying questions to ask.
I would like to get reads on other people. It's not working when they're all waiting for you to post.
Haylen 1027 wrote:I tried to kill Vi last night. But she's still alive. Obv. Thus, she is either immune to night actions, and the only people I have come across who are were scum. Or I was roleblocked.

Why didn't i go for BM last night? I have no idea whether or not he was joking about being another doc, so I didn't want to risk killing a possible townie.
So you're open to the possibility that your kill was stopped by a third party, yet I'm still scum anyway...?

I would like to know your thoughts on Battle Mage, as clearly as you can make them.
Haylen 1027 wrote:Yesterday, Vi clearly said that she wanted me to Vig myself last night. This is scummy because it indicates that she wants a townie PR our of the game.
Considering the odds that you would misvig given your uselessness up to that point and considering the odds that you would continue to be useless after vigging, I believe I gave the best advice possible.
She refused to read the links in which my defence is proven.
You
proved
your defense? With
meta
, no less? In the same posts where you said that
bringing up your own meta was scummy
?
She used a meta quote against be, by a person who admitted to be joking afterwards in the same quote. And then voted me immediately afterwards, which seemed opportunistic.
I've explained my reponse to the "joke" statement... multiple times.
As for being opportunistic... Please define that word for me.
Strawmanning. There was no need to mention my name twice out of everybody else. Adds suspicion since she pushed for my lynch afterwards.
Your name was brought up twice because you were my top suspect and you have said the least throughout the game.
Would you deny that you have posted the least content in this game?
If so, please call someone out for posting less.

Your case on me, in summary.
*I'm calling you out, pressuring you, and voting you for active lurking (which IS a lynchable offense!)
*I don't buy that lurking is your meta, let alone your Town meta
*You apparently shot me last Night and nothing happened

I don't know what to say about being shot at, but considering you're only alive because of your claim to be able to shoot people - and it plainly didn't work when it should have - you have no reason to continue breathing in my topic.

tl;dr This is the part where you click the Post Reply button and post

Code: Select all

[b]Vote: Haylen[/b]
. Yes, I'm talking to you. Don't think about doing it; actually move your mouse, click the appropriate buttons, type that out, and hit Submit.

-----

@Maemuki: Please answer my questions.
If you're calling Haylen's most recent post rooted in OMGUS when she clearly claims to have shot me, why aren't you voting her?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Vi »

(like so)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

My first gut instinct when i looked at what had happened overnight, was Haylen was scum, and had killed YB, which looks like an obvious Vig-Kill, and was going to claim that the scum had opted not to kill, in order to undermine her (which btw, i hinted at yesterday). That's what Haylen-scum SHOULD have claimed. But the way she is being attacked today, and the ridiculousness of her claim given Mafia killed YB is just absurd. A Mafia RB is a distinct possibility ofc. Needless to say, i'm not actually a Doctor btw. lol!
Just had to do my best to avoid getting killed. You can choke that upto a towntell if u like meta. If not, it's null.

The YB kill from Mafia suggests some of our PR claims must be bs. That means im thinking we probably dont have a Tracker, if Haylen is town.

Reading today's posting, i'm getting strong bussing vibes from Vi and Haylen. If 1 is scum, id bet money the other is too. But, i'd rather lynch Vi at this point, seeing as he isnt a PR. Unless i pick something up on Haylen.

I wanna check something. 1 sec.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Maemuki wrote:You mean me, right?

I visited Vi cause I thought that either BM or Haylen would be the kill. Or both. I mean, the claimed Vig being left alive certainly is surprising.
Haylen, who did you (attempt) to kill?
BM?

Nothing, Vi visited no one.

DDD, what are your thoughts?
Haha. Scratch the route i was headed down. Maemuki is obvscum.

Vote: Maemuki

She quite clearly knew that Haylen did not attempt to kill YB. Which btw, means if Mae is scum, Haylen is confirmed town. If i had to pick a buddy for Mae off the top of my head, it'd be Sotty, based on his criticisms of her today. Petty enough to be bussing i think.

LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hmm. I'm not as convinced as you are about that, BM. While there are times the scum may want to no-kill, it's something that's plenty easy to forget and assume that one kill = only the scum.

More importantly, I'd imagine scum-maemuki would have claimed different targets for tracking. Kittymo (now DDD) and Vi, neither of which have (to my knowledge) claimed? Two easy chances for those players to catch her if they have some sort of PR, when she could have picked the player who was nk'ed or someone who claimed vanilla? If I wanted to fake a tracker claim in this game, I probably would have 'tracked' DTM n1 (Scum would know he was almost certainly legit with his VT claim).

Let's quickly think about this.

Last Night: If...
  • Maemuki Town, Haylen Town: Roleblocked vigilante. Why did scum not kill the tracker? That's the main question if this is true.
  • Maemuki Scum, Haylen Town: Roleblocked vigilante. But then why fake a Vi track? Would have made more sense to kill a 'suspicious' player like BM and then claim the track on them.
  • Maemuki Town, Haylen Scum: No vigilante at all. But the tracker was neither killed nor roleblocked??
  • Maemuki Scum, Haylen Scum: No vigilante at all. Tracker's not rb'ed or killed because tracker doesn't exist. Again raises the questions of Mae's tracking targets.
I'm trying to digest the information and think more about what could be happening.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

I dont think the choices are that surprising. She seemed to be under the illusion that tracker was a safeclaim, therefore it's somewhat pointless to try and apply logic to her claim. Realistically, if she had claimed targets that were dead, we'd probably have lynched her, because it's predictable, and any half-wit scumbag would do that. Given the PR claims we've had in this game, vanilla is always a safe bet. Although by your reckoning, you'd assume that Mae-scum implicated Vi/Kitty scum?

A DDD lynch is always wise. But Maemuki needs to be lynched today.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

If Mae is scum, I would guess that either Vi or Kitty/DDD is scum. Probably not both, because that would be pretty blatant. And more likely Vi than DDD - I think Mae is probably felt a lot less threatened n2 (and thus, scum-mae more willing to protect scumbuddies rather than distancing for fear of lynch) than n1.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Battle Mage wrote:A DDD lynch is always wise. But Maemuki needs to be lynched today.
Daykill: Battle Mage

What do you mean that won't work?

If I was a vig I would've vigged you like three times already; you make it impossible for me to get a good read on anyone when I read through the game and your proxy voting nonsense screwed up the trend analysis I like to run on the beginning of day one. Even the slightest chance that you're scum would've made your death worthwhile.

That being said I'm extremely confident that one of our claimed PRs are lying their teeth off and I think it's Maemuki. We have a claimed tracker with a dead doctor and this tracker is not only not dead, but getting results? There's no reasonable explanation for that other than she's scum.

Vote: Maemuki
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

Urgh... to much happened since I last posted, room is spinning and I am very drunk. Will catch up tomorrow when I am not so drunk.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Now that I think about it, it's actually pretty impossible for Haylen to have been roleblocked without Mae lying about her claim. Mae would have been blocked n1 if scum had a roleblocker and both Haylen and Mae are telling the truth.
A Mafia Doctor would make sense, but I'm not sure how likely it is that he would protect Vi.
Oh, and don't forget that if the doublevoter is mafia, this is lylo.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

hitogoroshi wrote:If Mae is scum, I would guess that either Vi or Kitty/DDD is scum. Probably not both, because that would be pretty blatant. And more likely Vi than DDD - I think Mae is probably felt a lot less threatened n2 (and thus, scum-mae more willing to protect scumbuddies rather than distancing for fear of lynch) than n1.
Oh and this is bad theory Hito and you know it. There's several reasons to consider Vi as scum, but this isn't a particularly strong one.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:29 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I don't think it's a particularly strong one either! What I'm saying is, if we were to think that scum-mae was fake-tracking a scumbuddy to try to protect them, I'd expect that scumbuddy would be Vi and not you. I'm aware that it's only my guess that scum-mae would fake track a scum-buddy: that's just what my mind spat out when I tried to think of myself as a scum fake-tracker.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:23 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Sure sure, why would scum not kill me?

Easy. To get a mislynch today.

COME ON, YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN THIS!

Look at it from my perspective, k? I don't know how to defend myself, and I assume most of you played with me before, you know this.

Look at the wagon gooooooo~

Why didn't the scum block me? Well, what are the chances of me getting an accurate result?

Or, maybe they
did
roleblock me and the "not visiting" anybody part is a roleblock, I don't know!

Can't you notice that you just got sucked in to an endless circle of WIFOM?

After Nikanor's post of saying that he would suspect me if I was alive today, no wonder I wasn't killed. Seriously.

I'm not voting Haylen for now, Vi. I just want her to say why she didn't say those things yesterday. If she ignores me...well I have a vote after all.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mae that is bad WIFOM. Until i showed up, nobody was trying to mislynch you. And i'm town. So i highly doubt you were left alive for that reason. Sorry, but you are going to be lynched today. Unless you wanna suggest a viable alternative?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Maemuki »

First: yes, just because you say you're town I'll automatically believe you.

I was almost lynched on Day 1, claimed tracker, and people still suspected me. I think the scum were hoping for a Day 2 lynch. And, Nikanor's post that said that he would suspect me if I didn't die on Day 2. Because scum would oh-so-going-to-kill if somebody says that they would suspect a claimed town PR if they didn't die.

Also, I want to see one thing first. I want to see if maybe I was roleblocked. I mean, trackers usually get random results if the target is vanilla or didn't send in an action, right? Well...maybe that's the way to say that I was roleblocked.

Alternatives, alternatives...well, I don't know. Everyone seems to think that I'm the best lynch now. Even if I did get an alternative, nobody would believe me, would they?

Don't answer that question.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Sotty7 »

BM, why are you so against a Haylen lynch? I don't get it. Every time she is brought up you find some BS way to talk down her lynch though some WIFOM it is getting ridiculous. I will concede that Mae being alive is a puzzler and makes her look scummy, but can you explain clearly why Mae is a higher lynch priority than Haylen? Right now I don't see it. We let Haylen get away with her horrible lurking and weak claim yesterday I'm not about to sit back and let the same happen today. If anything the reasons to lynch Haylen and Mae are almost the same but Haylen's lack of participation is a lot worse than Mae's. How can you be for one lynch and against the other?

Hito, post 1033 is great and all, but what if Mae is a scum tracker?

Triple D, thoughts on the players?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Maemuki wrote:First: yes, just because you say you're town I'll automatically believe you.
Lol, fair enough. I'm just saying, your defence rests on me being scum. So, dont convolute it- just vote for me and be done with it!
Maemuki wrote: I was almost lynched on Day 1, claimed tracker, and people still suspected me. I think the scum were hoping for a Day 2 lynch.
Eh, i think i was pretty staunchly in defence of you after your claim...
Maemuki wrote: Also, I want to see one thing first. I want to see if maybe I was roleblocked. I mean, trackers usually get random results if the target is vanilla or didn't send in an action, right? Well...maybe that's the way to say that I was roleblocked.
How are you going to know? If you were rbed, id expect ud be told. But if u arent, then ur useless anyway.
Maemuki wrote: Alternatives, alternatives...well, I don't know. Everyone seems to think that I'm the best lynch now. Even if I did get an alternative, nobody would believe me, would they?

Don't answer that question.
That's just lazy. You know what i'm like. Give me a try. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Sotty7 wrote:BM, why are you so against a Haylen lynch? I don't get it. Every time she is brought up you find some BS way to talk down her lynch though some WIFOM it is getting ridiculous.
Lol, can i stop you there? I'm not "so against a Haylen lynch". But i think a Mae lynch is better. And if Mae flips scum, Haylen is confirmed town. No such result works the other way, as far as i'm aware?
Sotty wrote: We let Haylen get away with her horrible lurking and weak claim yesterday I'm not about to sit back and let the same happen today. If anything the reasons to lynch Haylen and Mae are almost the same but Haylen's lack of participation is a lot worse than Mae's. How can you be for one lynch and against the other?
I'm more about the claims, baby. Haylen-scum could have made a much better claim. If she is scum, she pretty much failed abysmally today. I dont understand why scum would kill YB, with a tracker hanging around. Haylen-vig isnt a massive threat to scum, when even after i claimed Doc, some of you still thought she'd probably kill me. Again, because i'm town, that kinda logic works from my PoV. Now, if she is town, she was more likely RBed, which makes her role completely unconfirmable anyway in the short term. So, hows this for a compromise:

If Maemuki flips town, and we only have 1 kill tonight, i promise i will join you in lynching Haylen tomorrow. It's still possible Vi is NK immune, in which case Haylen can prove herself tonight by killing someone else.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:28 am

Post by Nikanor »

Maemuki wrote:After Nikanor's post of saying that he would suspect me if I was alive today, no wonder I wasn't killed. Seriously.
Yeah, that was a lie to keep you alive. :P
Mae wrote:I was almost lynched on Day 1, claimed tracker, and people still suspected me. I think the scum were hoping for a Day 2 lynch.
I'm guessing they left you alive n1 because killing the doctor was a higher priority.
Nikanor wrote:Oh, and don't forget that if the doublevoter is mafia, this is lylo.
This. I suppose we could have a motivator hanging about as well, but I'm not sure how likely that role is in a normal game.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:42 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hmmm, I am concerned about the Haylen/BM distancing that is going on... after going hammer and tongs at each other Haylen refuses to Vig BM, and BM is against a Haylen lynch? I don't get that to be honest.

So Haylen tries to vig Vi, and doesnt get a kill so votes her? I am not sure I like that.

Mae now is providing so much wine in front of me... I feel drunk (No not actually drunk but a figure of speech) Not too sure if she is scum, or scum left her alive to get a mislynch.. but yea... it is all WIFOM.

I was for Haylens lynch yesterday, I see no reason not to today, especially since her reasoning is just getting more and more crazy.

VOTE: HAYLEN
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Haylen »

According to everyone else, I've always had illogical reason, but to me it's valid. I believe it. So what? I don't the townie role like the rest of you do, but at the end of it i'm always right. Thus, I am NOT going to change my playstyle just because everybody else thinks it's illogical and stuff. Aint gonna happen.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”