Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Anti-town lynches are not good D1. Usually the player in question who is anti-town has not had enough interactions to get any information from it later on. If people continue being a liability, further days are appropriate to address this. Finding the scummiest, not most anti-town player should be our goal D1.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:58 am

Post by semioldguy »

yabbaguy wrote:
@semioldguy
: On account of the large number of replacements needed for this game, I request a deadline extension.
Due to the amount of replacements thus far, I will extend the deadline by one week.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Iguana wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:I don't see a scumtell case on Pom at all.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Flave, mostly I see you looking for an information lynch, not a scumhunting lynch on Pom. I don't think it's a great reason to lynch someone,
but your reasoning for what the lynch would provide works for me
pshaw
Strong FoS: Zwts
. But Nikanor is still slightly scummier.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Flava Flave »

zwetschenwasser wrote:Flave, mostly I see you looking for an information lynch, not a scumhunting lynch on Pom. I don't think it's a great reason to lynch someone, but your reasoning for what the lynch would provide works for me.
What gave you the impression that I wanted an information lynch? How would a lynch on Pom achieve this?

@Spy
I've gone over my Key/Antihero suspicions over and over again. I'm not going to repeat myself a thousand and a half times so you can keep telling me you don't understand it. Keyblade was scummy,
then
lurked. Pom was scummy too. I haven't had a good reason to unvote Keyblade/Antihero yet, especially considering how scummy Antihero is. Pom is also scummy, but not as scummy as Keyblade/Antihero. If you don't understand that, go play a newbie game or two and then come back.
skitzer wrote:Oops, I missed this earlier:

Flave: That was the only reason I found on Pomegranate in isolation. I then asked people to prove what made the Pomegranate case better than what I found. You can do that now, if you like.
Same thing I told Zwet. View me in ISO for points against Pom. You'll find quite a few.

@Pom
It would be nice if you could answer my question some time soon.

@Zazie
How's that read coming? Anything to report to us yet?
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:52 am

Post by skitzer »

Col.Cathart wrote:And you're yet to tell me, why do you think, I'm scum for doing something you like to do normally (assuming you like to play like that as a townie of course).
She wasn't comparing your play to her play. She was comparing your play in this game to your play in other games.
dramonic wrote:You can disregard the fencesitting accusation ^_^;
So your saying you just needed something clever to put in that would make a humorous story and convince others to lynch Iguana? Not liking it.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Flava Flave wrote:@PomIt would be nice if you could answer my question some time soon.
For the second time: It would be lovely to know what I'm supposed to be answering.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Toro »

Scott Brosius wrote:Anti-town lynches are not good D1. Usually the player in question who is anti-town has not had enough interactions to get any information from it later on. If people continue being a liability, further days are appropriate to address this. Finding the scummiest, not most anti-town player should be our goal D1.
Scott, who do you think are the scummiest players so far?
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Iguana wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:Flave, mostly I see you looking for an information lynch, not a scumhunting lynch on Pom. I don't think it's a great reason to lynch someone,
pshaw
And I said I thought pom was town where?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Iguana »

Grimmy wrote:Also bothered by Iguan's drop of the Pom case. I will be looking more into that soon.
She was a fallback lynch. This means that almost enough people were ready to lynch her that if a deadline showed up, or a PR claim on a top wagon, its an easy wagon shift.

The fallback can be town who some town is vaugely suspicious of, and proper scum play can make them a possible wagon for D2/late D1. At the same time they can be scum who is in noticeably enough trouble to have light bussing occuring, but people actively are pushing for other wagons to not have her get lynched. This still allows scum to look better in regards to the wagon then if they late jump it.

Now, we saw a stall of 12kb wagon, and what occured next was a smaller shift to a pom wagon. Its why I poked it a bit. I wanted to see if it would actually take off or not. It gained enough ground in a sheeple game that I think it leans to a town wagon, that scum had on the backburner if they needed it.

Thats why I would rather lynch zwet.

@SB - I am not saying we are policy lynching. If I was saying that, I would of been voting since my first post and berrating people into following me. Now, what I am suggesting is a lynch of a player who is moderately scummy, but also will provide higher utility as a dead player then an alive player.

We not only get rid of a reasonable scum threat, but also someone who is not going to do anything proactive, never going to get a strong read on, and lurk their way though the game. Its a win-win situation. We lynch scum, or make the game easier for town.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Iguana »

zwetschenwasser wrote:
Iguana wrote:
pshaw
And I said I thought pom was town where?
Where you said you dont see a case on her. That comment shouldnt be made if you think she is scum.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:25 pm

I have a neutral read on her.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by SpyreX »

FF wrote:@Spy
I've gone over my Key/Antihero suspicions over and over again. I'm not going to repeat myself a thousand and a half times so you can keep telling me you don't understand it. Keyblade was scummy, then lurked. Pom was scummy too. I haven't had a good reason to unvote Keyblade/Antihero yet, especially considering how scummy Antihero is. Pom is also scummy, but not as scummy as Keyblade/Antihero. If you don't understand that, go play a newbie game or two and then come back.
Well I guess I just better get to those newbie games since I'm so bad.

Where have you mentioned Antihero specifically.

Is, or is not, the whole case on Keyblade "He posted so Nik wouldn't vote for him".

Must be me.
Scott wrote: Anti-town lynches are not good D1. Usually the player in question who is anti-town has not had enough interactions to get any information from it later on. If people continue being a liability, further days are appropriate to address this. Finding the scummiest, not most anti-town player should be our goal D1.
Is this statement in regards to the current vote(s) on Zwet?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

SpyreX wrote:Is, or is not, the whole case on Keyblade "He posted so Nik wouldn't vote for him".
That's actually pretty accurate. Everyone knows I'm the best scumhunter on this site, after all; to be marked with my vote is to be marked for death.
(The above statement features mild sarcasm, if you did not catch it).

Also, I'm still too lazy to read.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by Iguana »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I have a neutral read on her.
Have or had? Should she be lynched for information? Who is scum for that matter? I dont think you have made a accusation based on information this entire game.

I thought you were supposed to be one of those people who posts like crazy too. What gives?

Case on 12kb from what I had was not hunting and an fence stance on the policy lynch discussion. AH looks townish to me though. Im interested about why some think otherwise.

@pom - If you think CC and zwet are scum, you should just vote zwet since that wagon is going to be taking off soon. According to your thoughts it will get scum lynched either way. I think this applies to CC too. Remember my prophetic story? Time to un-prophisize and instead actualize it.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:40 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

skitzer wrote:
Col.Cathart wrote:And you're yet to tell me, why do you think, I'm scum for doing something you like to do normally (assuming you like to play like that as a townie of course).
She wasn't comparing your play to her play. She was comparing your play in this game to your play in other games.
a) It doesn't look like that from my point of view. She voted for me, immediately after breaking down my post as a 'I'm a scum lurker, and I'm going to scum lurk some more.' That's a clear signal, she finds this behavior scummy (otherwise, she wouldn't vote for me. She added that metagame argument later). Then, when asked about why she usually lurks on D1 in larger games, she basically said the same thing as me, but in a bit different words. If she's doing it as a townie, then why is she voting someone, who's doing what she's doing normally? I just don't get it.

b) If this is really the case, then...

Pom: Check the latest lynch in the game, where we played together, and you was replaced (Newbie 828). It's still ongoing, so we cannot discuss it, but I'm sure you'll find it interesting in terms of doing my meta :P (for other interested - Check my wiki for my completed and ongoing games).

Iguana: I think that Pom is more scummy than zwet, and so far her wagon has more gas, so I'm staying here for now. If there'll be bigger wagon against zwet, then sure, suspect #2 works for me as well, and I will join your case.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Iguana: I think that Pom is more scummy than zwet, and so far her wagon has more gas, so I'm staying here for now. If there'll be bigger wagon against zwet, then sure, suspect #2 works for me as well, and I will join your case.
This comment rubs me the wrong way. With the extension we are nowhere near deadline, you should vote who is scummiest, not who could have the potentially bigger wagon.

Unvote
Vote Col.Cathart

Toro: I still think the Blastinus/Nik interaction was weird and I think one of them is scum, most likely not both. As the earlier part of this post suggests, CC is now my number 1 suspect. Iguana and zwet are not appearing scummy to me at the moment. Iguana one of the top participants and hasn't done anything scummy, and zwet is just being zwet. I still think WW is just newb town.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

If I think that both of them can be scum, then why not? As long, as I'm going to lynch scum, everything is fine. I don't see anything wrong with that.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:57 am

Post by ZazieR »

Flava wrote:@Zazie
How's that read coming? Anything to report to us yet?
Almost done. Last 3 pages I think.
And then some players will hate me ._.
Ignore the ''R''
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Flava Flave »

@Pom
This will be the 6th time I ask. To keep it simple for you, this will be the only part of my post. The quote below is my question and if you view me in ISO, you will see this quote pop up several times. The quote is below:
Flava Flave wrote: If you're town, why are you getting confused over whether Iguana is a vanilla or a power role? If you're town, you shouldn't care. If you're town, all that matters is the alignment of others, not the role.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:40 am

Post by yabbaguy »

Unvote, Vote: Iguana

Rationale coming later.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:20 am

Nice.
Unvote; Vote: yabbaguy
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Flava Flave wrote:@Pom
This will be the 6th time I ask. To keep it simple for you, this will be the only part of my post. The quote below is my question and if you view me in ISO, you will see this quote pop up several times. The quote is below:
Flava Flave wrote: If you're town, why are you getting confused over whether Iguana is a vanilla or a power role? If you're town, you shouldn't care. If you're town, all that matters is the alignment of others, not the role.
Thanks for the question. Here's an answer: I care about whether or not she's scum (her alignment). But why on earth can'ts he be scum, acting all Wifomy about whether or not she's a PR? Does what she did clear her as town?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

CC: I saw the flip. But it still surprises me that you would act so differently as scum than as town. I guess I see it as a somewhat nulltell.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Iguana wrote:@pom - If you think CC and zwet are scum, you should just vote zwet since that wagon is going to be taking off soon. According to your thoughts it will get scum lynched either way. I think this applies to CC too. Remember my prophetic story? Time to un-prophisize and instead actualize it.
Vote: Zwets
because of Col's meta.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Again, weaker than I want it to be, but sure as hell better than AH. Here's why:

-Voted in three posts in a row at the outset of the game (albeit one random). How can she discard cases that fast?
-despite 12KB being her adamant case at first, has now all but abandonned it. Not once mentioning Antihero, especially since at least one other player is noticing scumtells in his posts, is an alarm that she's lazily slipping off it while nobody's looking.
-First time she posts scumlist, appears thrown together and offers no rationale behind most of her suspects. This shouldn't be seen as pro-town at all.
-is trying to push a lynch merely of someone who's anti-town. That's taking advantage of someone who just doesn't play well. I see no outright scumtells in that post. This is the sort of thing I brought up with Honcho, we need to see actual scumtells. Insisting that being a poor player is scummy is scummy in itself.
-consistently asserted at one point "WarWound is town". It didn't sound so much like she had evidence for it so much as she knew already from a scum position. Granted, this diminishes with a known SK in play, but it still feels like she's feeding concrete information to us that she knows of already.

Zwets and Pom, please explain votes further please.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!

Return to “Completed Open Games”