The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Benmage »

The bold was people who've claimed...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:40 am

Post by SpyreX »

tbh spyre demanding that we all post lists in the way he did pissed me off so I felt like being obstinate for a while but I've calmed down since, I'll get one together eventually. I'm confused atm cause all my reads based on play more or less contradict the cross clearing claims.
See, this illustrates part of why I did what I did (and actively chose to be a little abrasive).

There is very, VERY little pro-town reason to not have scum reads out (notice I didn't ask for a full list because srsly). Whereas making ties to anything else is a bit more risk-reward for the scum.

So, I set it up so there would be an excuse not to do it in the "who the hell does SpyreX think he is" kind of way. Expecting someone to bite - more specifically, expecting a scum to bite.

Its just the kind of thing that one COULD get away with in many circumstances - except this one sure isn't one of them.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

People who are yet to give their top three lynch choices: chamber, Elmo, Battle Mage, Kise.

Other than that, the data has been compiled and is ready to go. And I agree with Spyrex, chamber has no reason whatsoever NOT to give his list and his excuse making is very scummy.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Kise »

I still want to lynch Benmage. He's #1. I'll see about two more after reading up.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Since this thread died I figure I'll soapbox on WHY chamber's reaction bothers me ohh soo much and delve a bit deeper into the specifics of what I did. (hint, lists need to be made).

Information asymmetry is, ultimately, the scums greatest tool. Information once it gets out and can be parsed is always a scary idea - and by nature scum HAVE to deliver false information at key points or will be busted.

So, what does this have to do with whats going on? Fairly simple. It should be easy for town to give an unordered list (thats why I didn't ask 1/2/3 because that adds a level) of players they find scummy. On the flipside, it becomes a bit harder for scum - at heart it is a ruse BUT they know they will have to do it or be called out.

So, what do you do as scum when someone says "Posts lists or die asap."

You bluster. You buy time. You try to use the method to counteract the idea.

So, yea, I'm really thinkin this be the way to go although we'll see when the cards get layed out a bit more.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by Benmage »

Kise wrote:I still want to lynch Benmage. He's #1. I'll see about two more after reading up.
I cant believe your #1 read is that scribe thing....play better
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by chamber »

SpyreX wrote:Since this thread died I figure I'll soapbox on WHY chamber's reaction bothers me ohh soo much and delve a bit deeper into the specifics of what I did. (hint, lists need to be made).

Information asymmetry is, ultimately, the scums greatest tool. Information once it gets out and can be parsed is always a scary idea - and by nature scum HAVE to deliver false information at key points or will be busted.

So, what does this have to do with whats going on? Fairly simple. It should be easy for town to give an unordered list (thats why I didn't ask 1/2/3 because that adds a level) of players they find scummy. On the flipside, it becomes a bit harder for scum - at heart it is a ruse BUT they know they will have to do it or be called out.

So, yea, I'm really thinkin this be the way to go although we'll see when the cards get layed out a bit more.

The inherent flaw with posting in an abrasive way hoping that scum will use it as a scapegoat is that scum only use it as a scapegoat because sometimes townies genuinely react like scum imitate.
Taking a break from the site.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Don't get me wrong, I want everyone to give a list, and in some sense I agree with you, but I think you're confusing anti-town with scummy (or are full aware and just don't care about the difference.)
No - you post a list. Seriously, how hard is it in 20 people to find three? I think any scum worth their salt isn't going to get 'tripped up' by a question like that and feel the need to bluster or stall. In fact, the sort of people who don't comply in my experience tend to be either null read obstinates or townies who don't feel like they have to conform.

Now - you might want to lynch people who don't conform because they could be a liability, but don't dress it up as scumhunting when it's essentially policy lynching.
I'm old now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

And yet, after all of this talk, no list from chamber. It's not that hard, and I'd hardly say I have been abrasive about it. I've asked quite nicely actually. The reason why this data collection in particular is important is that it will allow us to see the general mood of the town and then select from the scummiest looking targets OVERALL instead of everyone having their own personal preferences and talking past one another.

No way any town member should struggle, have to reread or get "tripped up" by a simple question like this. I don't care if you want to conform or not.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:49 pm

Post by chamber »

VP Baltar wrote:And yet, after all of this talk, no list from chamber. It's not that hard, and I'd hardly say I have been abrasive about it. I've asked quite nicely actually. The reason why this data collection in particular is important is that it will allow us to see the general mood of the town and then select from the scummiest looking targets OVERALL instead of everyone having their own personal preferences and talking past one another.

No way any town member should struggle, have to reread or get "tripped up" by a simple question like this. I don't care if you want to conform or not.
I don't think you've been abrasive at all. At this point the only reason I haven't posted a top 3 is because I don't know who my top 3 are. Still trying to sort that out.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:02 am

Post by stark »

chamber wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:And yet, after all of this talk, no list from chamber. It's not that hard, and I'd hardly say I have been abrasive about it. I've asked quite nicely actually. The reason why this data collection in particular is important is that it will allow us to see the general mood of the town and then select from the scummiest looking targets OVERALL instead of everyone having their own personal preferences and talking past one another.

I don't think you've been abrasive at all. At this point the only reason I haven't posted a top 3 is because I don't know who my top 3 are. Still trying to sort that out.
Can you pick a top 2? Top 1 even? Then fill in the rest as you go along?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:07 am

Post by chamber »

stark wrote:
chamber wrote:

Can you pick a top 2? Top 1 even? Then fill in the rest as you go along?
I've got like a top 7 with nearly no internal ordering.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:26 am

Post by stark »

Can you number them 1-7 and roll some dice?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Benmage »

can we lynch chamber for being an r-tard?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

No - you post a list. Seriously, how hard is it in 20 people to find three? I think any
scum worth their salt
isn't going to get 'tripped up' by a question like that and feel the need to bluster or stall. In fact, the sort of people who don't comply in my experience tend to be either null read obstinates or townies who don't feel like they have to conform.

Now - you might want to lynch people who don't conform because they could be a liability, but don't dress it up as scumhunting when it's essentially policy lynching.
If one has had input in the game thus far, sure.

However, when one has put themselves in a position where, ultimately, ANY list is going to raise suspicion and lurking it out also raises suspicion its a different bird.

(Yes, generally this is simply anti-town. This case I do not think as such. I'm not dressing this as a policy lynch. I'm calling a scum a scum)
Show

Proud member of BaM
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:41 am

Post by stark »

Are there any of your seven suspects that you would not want lynched over others, chamber?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Tomorrow i WILL catch up here.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:16 pm

Post by chamber »

stark wrote:Are there any of your seven suspects that you would not want lynched over others, chamber?
Atm not so much. There has to be info out there to help me decide which are better though so let me have another day please.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by stark »

Can you give us your seven, and we can make a team effort?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by chamber »

I had the time to do some iso reading since my last post and am going to go with

milkshake
sajin
papazito

Thats an unordered list. I also don't have huge confidence in it but w/e.
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by stark »

unvote

Vote: Sajin

So super happy to lynch him. Worthless as town, obvobv 1 dimensional as scum.

Seek employment as third party?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I've got a question for the Zeetster:

Was the push for KScope MORE a function of thinking scope was scum or thinking Ben was town?
Show

Proud member of BaM
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vote Count (Page 98, Day 3)

milkshake
-3 (dramonic, Plum, tubby216)
dramonic -2 (Snow_Bunny, Papa Zito)
Papa Zito -2 (LlamaFluff, chamber )
Snow_Bunny -2 (Elmo )
SerialClergyman -2 (Battle Mage, VP Baltar)
Sajin -2 (Benmage, stark)
tubby216 -1 (SocioPath)
chamber -1 (SpyreX)
Benmage -1 (Kise)
Snow_Bunny -1 (milkshake)

Not Voting:
SerialClergyman, Sajin, Vaya

Note:
Deadline will be at the earliest 11/14 at 5:00 PM EST. With 20 whole votes available, it takes 11 to lynch.

Note: Will be doing some prodding on Monday

Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Sajin »

1- There is no case on me other than my post quantity. I have contributed far more than several other people with low post counts. Can I get a case please? If it is simply post quantity then why do people not attack Battlemage for that? A known spammer that has been posting a lot less this game.

2- I am tunneling Stark because it is a good case. No one has attacked that case at all they have either ignored it or fled elsewhere. Stark himself has ignored my accusations. I find a good case and pound at it as I do in every game as town.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by dramonic »

VP, I can understand the huge list is made to take the town's pulse and all, but I hope you're not planning to direct the lynches with that. I mean, there are at the very least 2 factions who want the town dead, it's easily tampered with.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”