foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Oh,

@Cruelty - the vast majority of people I play with are those whom I've never seen before. Its not impossible, just unlikely, especially considering Almaster did not know him.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by archaebob »

Foilist, the first two quotes went together. My commentary on the second quote was also commentary on the first.
foilist wrote: Taking all this into account though, I can't prove or deduce that MordyS was looking up other players. I found it moderately scummy after Almaster pointed it out, but I concede the point as I can't prove it.
If you concede the point, then why is your vote still on Gammagooey?

And your belligerence will get you nowhere, as you have, in fact, not been reading the thread carefully.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
"What happened to your eye?"
"Ice pick, 1957. Anymore questions?"
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Belligerence? I'll leave it at "you're one to talk."

My vote is still on Gammagooey because I have not seen fit to move it to someone else. Why did yours stay on Muffin for so long?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist13 wrote: @Cruelty - the vast majority of people I play with are those whom I've never seen before. Its not impossible, just unlikely, especially considering Almaster did not know him.
Gammagooey wrote: Hey Almaster, you know how in just about every forum people bitch at you if you don't lurk before posting? I read through some games before signing up for my first one, and saw you in one of them.
Gammagooey wrote: I saw that Almaster had a pikachu avatar in the Stratego game, and I read through several other themed games before signing up for this one, including Majora's mask, Mind Screw 3, and Advertising Mafia. (Before Almaster says it:I'm pretty sure Spyrex was in at least one of those too)
Any other points you'd like to ignore?
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Archaebob - Who are you asking? The first one is mine directed at Cruelty, the second is from Gammagooey directed at Almaster, and I don't know off the top of my head who the third was directed at, but I don't think it was me.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist wrote:Belligerence? I'll leave it at "you're one to talk."
Pathetic.

This is not an excuse for you to ignore my other points.

I voted Muffin for two reasons:

1) It was RVS, and no one else was suspicious. I don't think I left it on him (or her...I still don't fucking know for sure) for that long at all, actually.

2) It's a fucking pastry.

Anymore questions?
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by archaebob »

foilist wrote: @ Archaebob - Who are you asking? The first one is mine directed at Cruelty, the second is from Gammagooey directed at Almaster, and I don't know off the top of my head who the third was directed at, but I don't think it was me.
The point is not who they were directed at. The point is that both of them came chronologically before you posted that first quote, and both answered the argument you were trying to make. The fact that you totally ignored the content of these quotes indicates to me that you aren't reading carefully.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by archaebob »

I want other people to comment on this.
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I don't think anyone else is on right now.

Did you miss the part where I said I couldn't prove or deduce that he was researching? It cannot be disproved either, and despite the fact that it is far from conclusive evidence, it is something to have somewhere in mind.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by archaebob »

you still are ignoring a few of my points.

you dodged first with the "oh, '...?' is not a question" bull shit, and then you dodged again with belligerence line.

are you scared of this argument, or something?

This is your first post of the game:
foilist wrote: What Almaster says about MordyS actually holds water. It makes sense, to me at least, for a town player to research a player they're suspicious of, but to go and look up everyone or even random people at the very beginning?
I can't fathom how you managed to get the name wrong, and how you STILL had it wrong in your next post later on, but whatever.

What I don't understand is how the above is a remotely logical conclusion, given this quote:
Gammagooey wrote: Hey guys, first game I've played on here, so I'll start this off with a Vote:AlmasterGM for having a Pikachu avatar when Jigglypuff is clearly superior.
There is nothing about the argument that you made in the first quote that even
remotely
holds water.
"Just asking, jeez..."
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Muffin »

archaebob wrote:@ Muffin - I'm actually still wondering what you were referring to if you asked me if I was serious.
archaebob wrote:oh, and i found the scum buddy as well.

HOS Gamma Gooey
for that idiotic comment about Jigglypuff being superior.

There, game over we win. Now let's bandwagon and lynch these scumbags.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Muffin »

AlmasterGM wrote:
archaebob wrote:EBWOP: "Almaster", sorry
You are SO lucky you corrected that.
:roll:
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by foilist13 »

The first time I got the name wrong I thought that was the name, pretty simple. In the second post I used the name I put in the first post. I had it in my mind that MordyS was the one who claimed to have seen the pikachu avatar, not Gammagooey. Again, my mistake.

Why don't you reiterate your point for me, you seem to have lost me.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Muffin »

cruelty wrote:Not sure if Almaster is serious or not, but when I first signed up to the site I read through a couple games before I played. If this is a serious case it's ridiculous.
It's absolutely ridiculous. When I signed up on the site and got into my first newbie game I went and read some games too.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Muffin »

Chinaman wrote:I would actually venture to say the biggest scumtell so far comes from Muffin who is "inclined to agree" nice and early so if the BW stays strong toward end of deadline, he can say "I said I agreed on p2!". It's an agreement without a vote, HoS, or FoS.
I said only "I'm inclined to agree" because I don't think Alamaster's behaviour has been ultra super omg scummy. I think his argument is ridiculous, but having a ridiculous argument does not a scum make.

And secondly... do you honestly think in a 12-player game, that a silly bandwagon from page 2 is going to stay nice and strong through to the end? I highly doubt it. If this game-day ends in fewer than 15 pages I will be greatly surprised.

Then again maybe you'd like this bandwagon to push through to a lynch real quick? Eager to test out your night kill?
What you got to say about that Pastry-boy? If you're inclined to agree, where's your bolded statement of where you stand?
FoS: Muffin
(<----There's mine :P)
My bolded statement aka my vote is currently on archaebob for a random vote. I will
unvote
since we're past that now.

I don't FoS because fossing is arbitrary and has no meaning. If you want to know what my opinions are though, I think that you're trying to be real cautious, saying things like "this game is moving nicely" and how you don't think a pressure vote is needed. You lambast me for not taking a stance yet all you can put up is a measly fos that has zero impact on the game? We call that hypocrisy where I come from and in my experience the only players who need to create or rely on double standards are scum.

I'm the kind of player who always likes everyone to be voting for someone, because it provides a clear and readable trail of whom each player's prime suspicions (real or fabricated) rest on. No going through and trying to decide which carries more weight: the toenail of suscpicion or the hair follicle of suspicion?

Earlier on you admit to not reading the thread carefully (scumtell) and now the double standards/hypocrisy.

I find this more compelling than Alamaster's misguided thoughts as to the behaviour of "all townies" and the responses thereto.

vote: chinaman
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Muffin »

foilist13 wrote:Hello Archaebob and Muffin :)
8-)

/me waves hello
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Post by Muffin »

archaebob wrote:I want other people to comment on this.
Comment on what, specifically? The exchange between you and foilist? Please clarify or link/quote/whatever.

I agree that foilist appears to be reading/replying selectively and the fact that he is continuing is raising my eyebrows, to say the least.

I also agree though, that your approach has been less than diplomatic.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by MordyS »

Ok. This game is about to get my full attention (now that ultrafun /b/ times has been shut down). Firstly, can archeabob answer the question I posed to him post 74 before I get on to anything else?
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Muffin »

Yeah I'm disappointed /b/ mafia was shut down too.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by archaebob »

URATFM = you are a total fucking moron

kirby is a goddamn beast, and i will not stand to hear you or anyone else say otherwise.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by archaebob »

@ Muffin - have I been particularly undiplomatic in this game?

I mean, y'all from 846 have a very specific idea of what kind of player I am, though the truth is I've been trying out different metas for all of my games. I don't think I've been notably abrasive in this game so far, except perhaps in direct response to foilist.
"Just asking, jeez..."
archaebob
archaebob
Mafia Scum
archaebob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by archaebob »

btw, @ Mordy - :wink:
"Just asking, jeez..."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Ha! Kirby? Kirby is the most pathetic choice of character you could make! Gee, I dunno know who I'll choose.... Hey! This one has a lame version of all of them!

Meta Knight's where it's at.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:16 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Is anyone else irritated by responses such as

"...?"

or

:wink: ?
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Post by Chinaman »

pastry-boy or from now on I will refer to as PB wrote:Earlier on you admit to not reading the thread carefully (scumtell) and now the double standards/hypocrisy.
Misrepresent much? Here's an
HoS: Muffin
for ya. Oh, and guess what, I don't have to play by your rules now do I? I'll vote when I'm good and ready to and not a moment too soon. Opinions are like assholes remember?.... I think an FoS and the like are just as readable as a vote. To say they aren't is just your opinion, but I will build a case on someone FoS'ing someone else just a quick as if they voted.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”