Newbie 113 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:39 pm

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

I hate being in this position, but...
Mr. Flay wrote:"
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
- It's time to roll the dice."
Vote: Tamuz
. Let's end this. Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong though, I apologize for my poor play this game, and hope you all don't think I'm terrible now :P

Don't have time to explain why I chose Tamuz, but perhaps I will later. Whoever wins, 'twas a good game and a good intro to Mafia on a message board.
prinny, dood
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:25 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

(hugs EYNH)

During the warm embrace, LML pulls out a long knife and stabs EYNH in the back.

:twisted:

First and foremost... what a great game. You all deserved to win. I was very lucky to have a wonderful scum partner in Stam. He has come a long way, and took my sacrafice of him with a grain of salt. He knew that with the play we made yesterday, we positioned ourselves to win. It was a marvelous day.

Flay, you again proved to me exactly why I hate being mafia and not seeing your name on the list. I, however, needed to use your experience to my advantage, and that's where Stam came in.

Stam was the MVP of the scum team. Prior to day one, I told Stam to attack me in full force, which he definately did. (Wow... you were crazy), and it let to a major problem with the town figuring out who was indeed scum.

Big_K played his typical solid game (I thought he was the cop, though), EYNH, your play was NOT poor, you just need to get your head back in the game and keep up with it a bit more.

Tamuz, your play has continually gotten better. I hope you keep with it, and enjoy mafia. Kain, your play improved remarkably from sunrise to sunset of day one. Keep it up, soon people will be afraid of you.

Thank you, Nanook, for taking the time out of your busy life to help us complete this game, which was one for the ages.

GO SCUM! :) :twisted:
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:33 pm

Post by Tamuz »

AGHHH RAZZAGAHUSGKJHFSG HFAHShslfdxjgsaHAFDHA

BAH

So... why did you choose me, I know I am fickle, but I wasn't as wavering as LML... I was definately more constant with what I was.

Now, a footnote to the game, my 'kill me' gambit in day 1's twilight was because I reread my posts and they looked ugly, so I wanter to die since I myself thought I looked suspicious then :P

But still.... *cries*
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:43 am

Post by Stam »

I told you LML was a scum!

WOW, I can't believe we pulled it off. :D
LML, I am still blushing from all these complements, but I must say I worked with the best of the best.
And yes, I really attacked you like crazy. At some points I thought I was going too far, especially when it made Mr. flay suspect, but eventually it did work. :lol:
Working under Mr. Flay's nose was really hard. I needed to consider every word.
Tamuz, we didn't know what to think of your gambit on day 1 twilight (I would call it a "reverse WIFOM"). We decided to just ignore it. We killed big_k because he was the most innocent looking (more than Mr. Flay IMO) for refusing to give a hand in killing Kain.
At the beginning of day 2 it really drove me crazy that I didn't know who the cop was and who he investigated. I needed to be prepared for every possibility. At some point I thought it was Tamuz finding Mr. Flay innocent, but then Mr. Flay himself claimed. At that point it was quite obvious he found EYNH innocent, but I actually hoped it would be LML or myself being investigated. It would then be very easy to backstab the found scum and kill EYNH on day 3.
EYNH, I wouldn't want to be in your place with the pinlynch at the endgame. I don't know what I would do.
And Kain, I can really relate to the way you felt under the attack. It is really hard being in such a position. It looks like "mod, are you sure there are only two scums here?". Nothing personal, I was just doing my job.

This was really a fun game. Full of adrenalin. You all played very well. Being a scum is a real fun, and LML is the best partner to do it with.

GO SCUM!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:08 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, I guess I don't need to right a death scene for the former lynched Tamuz ..

Anyways, congrats scum on your well played game. Let's put it this way, I am soo glad that I wasn't in this game as a townie. I might have needed to bust a cap on someone after finding that LmL and Stam were scum after the early gambit.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:31 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Mr. Flay wrote:*lol @ LML* If you're scum again, you're so dead...
Mr. Flay wrote:
FOS: Stam
for being a sheep and (paradoxically) being SO much better this game than last. Almost as if you had someone coaching you... but it's a small theory, and not enough to make me switch yet. If LML turns up good someday, however...
Mr. Flay wrote:Right now I'm leaning towards Stam and LML being our scum
Mr. Flay wrote:
Stam wrote:LML - post or I will vote.
My suspicions on you are not alleviated, Stam, because you threaten to vote him. Possibly *especially* because you threaten to vote him this early, knowing that we are in lynch-or-lose. If either yourself or both of you are scum, however, you know we have nothing to lose from a 1st vote on LML at this point.
Mr. Flay wrote:In post 75/76 I wrote this:
And at this point I wouldn't *expect* a scum to be on their fellow teammates' bandwagon, so in theory these pairs should be unlikely: EYNH-Kain, Tamuz-Kain, Flay-LML, Stam-LML, big_k-LML, Stam-Kain. Interestingly this still leaves the possibilities I mentioned in post 58 (LML-EYNH or LML-Kain, Stam+?).
Both of the first two possibilities are now proven impossible, and the "unlikely pairs" are all confirmed impossible except for Stam-LML. Could be a WIFOM game though...
Mr. Flay wrote:Look, Stam had my highest rating for being scum after EYNH got knocked out, but
(LML)
you're climbing right the hell up there.

Whoever the pair is, they're doing a pretty good job of distancing themselves from each other, unless it's Lee and Stam.
Mr. Flay wrote:Just a note, since I'm probably dead once night falls; while it's unlikely that Lee is Stam's partner, it's an outside possibility of a gambit to prove the innocence of one scum by voting for the other.
I TOLD you they were scummy! *laugh* Well done, Lee...you've obviously got more brass balls than I thought. I was pretty sure most of the game you two were the scummiest people alive, but I couldn't link you up together. Unfortunately I couldn't gamble on Stam voting for his own partner when he jumped... well played, both of you.

*wanders off muttering* :D

EYNH, that's the roughest place imaginable to be; a plain townie with the deciding vote for the entire game. You gave it your best shot...and Lee? You're still dead...someday.
Retired as of October 2014.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:40 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

As of right now, I'm alive :)
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:17 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well done, Lee...you've obviously got more brass balls than I thought.
That's going in the signature.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:59 am

Post by Tamuz »

I still want to know why me over Lee?

And stam what does WIFOM stand for?

I never had a lynch scene, so I'm technically alive, and nothing anybody says can change that
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
EnterYourNameHere
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
EnterYourNameHere
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:24 am

Post by EnterYourNameHere »

BAH

I ALWAYS fall for the "chummy" scum! Well played, Lee.

Looking back on it, when Stam unvoted LML (who at the time had 3) to put a third on Kain was a moment that should have proven who the scum were to me. But hindsight is always 20/20.

In the end, the gambit fooled me. Tamuz, you did nothing wrong, LML and Stam just played it very well. After Stam "jumped" on LML, I couldn't see LML as the partner.

But all in all, good game. God, I hate being a normal townie... :(
prinny, dood
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:31 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:I never had a lynch scene, so I'm technically alive, and nothing anybody says can change that
Yes, but with just two of you alive, Lee's gonna kill you tonight as it is... :evil:
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:03 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

Congratulations to LML and Stam. You guys played very well. Sorry EYNH, I thought you were scum. Good game all.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
Stam
Stam
Goon
Stam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:21 am

Post by Stam »

Tamuz - WIFOM stands for Wine In Front Of Me. This means that information comes from someone who is clearly doen't want to give you correct information. For example, I could say, right before I was lynched something like "Tamuz, good luck tomorrow, GO SCUM!". Then EYNH would think, "he said Tamuz is his partner, but he is a scum, so probably he is lying and LML is his partner, but maybe he
wants
me to think that, so Tamuz is his partner..." etc.
This is confusing, and the best approach is to just ignore something like that. I decided not to play such a game because it looked like things were fine as they were.
What you did saying that you have no power role was also WIFOM, but in the other direction - from a townie addressed at the mafia (but it could confuse the doctor as well).

Mr. Flay - I recall you said something about "calling my bluff" when I threatened LML, what did you mean by that?
I got 2 goodie points from Phoebus!
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon
Location: Anywhere inconvenient and always positioned to trip you.

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:02 pm

Post by Kain »

hey yall here's a voice speaking from the dust ( aka the first to die!lol)

Good game- i 've beeen observing it - grrr @ stam i was right you were scum but wrong about eynh! lol oh well gg! well im out of stuff to say anyway typing with one hand is hard-my right hand is broken now. sigh.gg and adios yall
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:51 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Stam wrote:Tamuz - WIFOM stands for Wine In Front Of Me. This means that information comes from someone who is clearly doen't want to give you correct information. For example, I could say, right before I was lynched something like "Tamuz, good luck tomorrow, GO SCUM!". Then EYNH would think, "he said Tamuz is his partner, but he is a scum, so probably he is lying and LML is his partner, but maybe he
wants
This is confusing, and the best approach is to just ignore something like that. I decided not to play such a game because it looked like things were fine as they were.
What you did saying that you have no power role was also WIFOM, but in the other direction - from a townie addressed at the mafia (but it could confuse the doctor as well).

Mr. Flay - I recall you said something about "calling my bluff" when I threatened LML, what did you mean by that?
Also - See The Princess Bride.

Thank you. :)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:07 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Stam wrote:Mr. Flay - I recall you said something about "calling my bluff" when I threatened LML, what did you mean by that?
Just what I said at the time - threatening Lee at that point seemed premature, and the easiest thing in the world for scum to do is threaten and bluster at their friends, because it means that even if they get caught, the friend has plausible deniability. And again, if your partner is the one putting the first vote on, there really is no danger of two people 'jumping on'... although apparently when they're second is another thing, now. ;)
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:21 am

Post by Tamuz »

LoudmouthLee wrote:
Stam wrote:Tamuz - WIFOM stands for Wine In Front Of Me. This means that information comes from someone who is clearly doen't want to give you correct information. For example, I could say, right before I was lynched something like "Tamuz, good luck tomorrow, GO SCUM!". Then EYNH would think, "he said Tamuz is his partner, but he is a scum, so probably he is lying and LML is his partner, but maybe he
wants

Also - See The Princess Bride.

Thank you. :)
:P that sprung to mind when reading Wine in Front of Me

So of course, the way to have it worked would be to have a power role that is immune to night kills, good whether you attack me or nix
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:07 am

Post by mathcam »

Last post.

Cam

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”