Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:10 am

Post by skitzer »

Oops, I missed this earlier:

Flave: That was the only reason I found on Pomegranate in isolation. I then asked people to prove what made the Pomegranate case better than what I found. You can do that now, if you like.
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Iguana »

unvote
Vote zwets

Wagons Ho!

Time to jump over here folks.

We have 15 posts. In those 15 post, one accusation with nothing to base it on (and no vote). One calling of town, and one post somewhat going back on that calling following it up.

This is what we call a wagon that not only will do the town better by dropping someone who shows no sign of ever intending to play the game to an acceptable extent, but also gets rid of someone who has never backed up weak attempts at hunting, and stumbled over their feet while making a town read.

That came over a read of Pom, who he claims town, followed by what looks like concession that it would be a good lynch, even if its just for information. Pro-tip, lynching someone you think is town is never* good.

*There are some ultra-extreme scenarios, this isnt one though.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

@Toro-473: I was wrong on the first point, and my second point is speculative, so it collapsed when the first point went away.

You need to think for yourself for a sec here. My vote-hopping is a sign of candidness and honesty, a pro-town thing. And I've repeatedly stated that I'm in a swingy sort of state right now, I don't know where everyone's at, and I don't plan on being anywhere near that point soon. It's my first large game, so seeing everything whizzing at 100 MPH is screwing me up here. To me, I think you're just thinking "oh, he's obv-hopping with his vote. Scum." Stop staring at the Wiki and play THIS game.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Why I often lurk D1 (a response to Col and FF, who both wanted to know):

There are a lot of people in large games, and it's hard to keep track for the first day. After there's a lynch (and a NK) there's more information, and there's more to look back at, and it's easier to make connections between players. D1 is confusion, and I get intimidated, forgetting some people entirely.

I've been making an effort
not
to lurk, though.

I say the same thing in other large games.

I wonder why Col is pushing for me to answer this. It's not like he's done much scumhunting himself. This isn't his normal meta; he normally acts helpful and pro-town, using good logic.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Pomegranate wrote:Why I often lurk D1 (a response to Col and FF, who both wanted to know):

There are a lot of people in large games, and it's hard to keep track for the first day. After there's a lynch (and a NK) there's more information, and there's more to look back at, and it's easier to make connections between players. D1 is confusion, and I get intimidated, forgetting some people entirely.
Okay... So basically you just told me the same thing I did, using a bit different words. Interesting, that you voted me for that.
I wonder why Col is pushing for me to answer this.
When someone avoids the answer, I think that he/she has something to hide, so I press as hard as I can. And it benefited in the end. I got my answers, which is pretty... Interesting, gotta say.
It's not like he's done much scumhunting himself.
Yeah, that's why I ask you this. I'm trying to scumhunt more.
This isn't his normal meta; he normally acts helpful and pro-town, using good logic.
You mean that game where I was a scum? :P
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Why I often lurk D1 (a response to Col and FF, who both wanted to know):

Okay... So basically you just told me the same thing I did, using a bit different words. Interesting, that you voted me for that.
Well the fact that I'm trying to scumhunt (and the only person you're looking at is me) seems to explain it well.
Show

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Pomegranate wrote:Well the fact that I'm trying to scumhunt (and the only person you're looking at is me) seems to explain it well.
Voting for someone, for doing what you do usually sounds really weird. Even when this time you're trying to do otherwise. ESPECIALLY, when it's possible, you would continue to act like that if not my and FF's reaction.

Also, not the only person. I just asked question to zwet. Additional point from Iguana makes the thing even more interesting, and I await impatiently his answer. Also, I'm closely observing Blastinus, for reasons stated before + he started to lurk heavily. The fact, that you're a bit more active than them, and in my eyes also a bit more scummy, results in most of my attention directed at you. But not all.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:Well the fact that I'm trying to scumhunt (and the only person you're looking at is me) seems to explain it well.
Voting for someone, for doing what you do usually sounds really weird. Even when this time you're trying to do otherwise. ESPECIALLY, when it's possible, you would continue to act like that if not my and FF's reaction.

Also, not the only person. I just asked question to zwet. Additional point from Iguana makes the thing even more interesting, and I await impatiently his answer. Also, I'm closely observing Blastinus, for reasons stated before + he started to lurk heavily. The fact, that you're a bit more active than them, and in my eyes also a bit more scummy, results in most of my attention directed at you. But not all.
How should I know that you're scumhunting if you don't post? One question at zwets isn't enough, and you know it.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Col.Cathart »

Well, his overall action does not give enough material to say anything more than Iguana just stated. Or ask him for something more for than I just asked, for that matter, unless he'll come here and explain his latest actions. The same thing with Blast. I asked him one question, and he gave me one short answer, and then went to lurk some more. Be sure, I'll be the first one on his back, when he'll show up again. Talking to someone who does not respond is pointless.

And you're yet to tell me, why do you think, I'm scum for doing something you like to do normally (assuming you like to play like that as a townie of course).

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Col.Cathart wrote:Well, his overall action does not give enough material to say anything more than Iguana just stated. Or ask him for something more for than I just asked, for that matter, unless he'll come here and explain his latest actions. The same thing with Blast. I asked him one question, and he gave me one short answer, and then went to lurk some more. Be sure, I'll be the first one on his back, when he'll show up again. Talking to someone who does not respond is pointless.

And you're yet to tell me, why do you think, I'm scum for doing something you like to do normally (assuming you like to play like that as a townie of course).
So if everyone else lurks, then you can too?
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Iguana »

~Story Time~

One day CC and Pom were arguing about how the other one was scummy. Iggy sat on the sidelines watching them for a bit, scribbling in her notebook about how others were taking this. Lines going to and from the fighters, to others who also were standing around, also circles that had no lines going to and from. One stood out, it had line with a question mark, and one that was scratched out.

She walked up to CC and Pom, and said "Uhhh... guys?" pointing at the book. CC and Pom looked at the book, looked at eachother, held hands and joined Iggy in a beatdown of zwet who died, and was scum.

The end

*subtle hint*
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

I see, but I'm not liking Col. Nice story tho.
Show

Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by dramonic »

Iguana wrote:~Story Time~

One day CC and Pom were arguing about how the other one was scummy. Iggy sat on the sidelines watching them for a bit, scribbling in her notebook about how others were taking this. Lines going to and from the fighters, to others who also were standing around, also circles that had no lines going to and from. One stood out, it had line with a question mark, and one that was scratched out.

Then CC and Pom noticed that Iggy was fencesitting, looked at eachother, held hands and lynched Iggy who died, and was scum.

The end

*subtle hint*
I prefer my version.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

yabbaguy wrote:@Honcho-438: Defending zwet is not a priority for me at all. The important thing is that one recognizes that he could be scummy (not at present), and you have to be aware of the reasoning that someone uses to hop on a wagon. As I recall, one of your BIG reasons was that zwet was active lurking. The two are synonymous if you know anything.

How much experience do you have with zwet?
WHAT IS THIS?

At this point I find Pom individually scummier than anyone. I am even more confident with my read now that she has gone from rephrasing CC's post into 'omg i m scum' to seeing that maybe the behavior she just voted him for could be a good way for her to explain her own lack of scumhunting, and so decided to emulate it...
Immoral Acts: 0
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by WarWound »

where did u get 12 from for identifying flave flave ?
I am a soldier
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by Iguana »

dramonic wrote:I prefer my version.
fencesitting eh? Thats a new one. I thought it was making WIFOM. Well what am I not taking a stance on?

Also you really need to learn comedy before you use it in an attack.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by dramonic »

Ad Hominem much?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Iguana »

dramonic wrote:Ad Hominem much?
No not really, I can show you some if you like though.

Anyways, you are ignoring the fact that im asking you to point out my "fencesitting". Lets have it
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

?

Yea, I'd like to see said fencesitting as well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

Just read you in ISO. I dont recall reading 32...

You can disregard the fencesitting accusation ^_^;

Also, if you dont like my humour you can really find a polite way to say it instead of being smug.
I'm a hoot
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Iguana, for the laziest of lazies:

Can you show zwet saying pom is town / pushing the lynch?

If so I will subscribe to your newsletter.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by Iguana »

zwetschenwasser wrote:I don't see a scumtell case on Pom at all.
zwetschenwasser wrote:Flave, mostly I see you looking for an information lynch, not a scumhunting lynch on Pom. I don't think it's a great reason to lynch someone,
but your reasoning for what the lynch would provide works for me
pshaw
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Welp.

Unvote, Vote: Zwet
Show

Proud member of BaM
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:49 am

Post by ZazieR »

Continuing my read. I should have enough time to finish things.
Ignore the ''R''
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:36 am

Post by Grimmy »

Quick notes as im reading backwards and up(down) to post 428.

-Not convinced about Zwets remark as completely scummy. Also bothered by Iguan's drop of the Pom case. I will be looking more into that soon.

-Yabbaguy seemed to drop the Nikanor thing pretty quickly. I understand the confusion and such in being in a big game, but the whole self pity thing may be taking it a bit too far. More to watch as the game goes on, but its starting to seem like one of those "keep me alive cause ill be usefull later" type of things. Those and the "if you lynch me, you will regret it" type of posts irk me.

More thoughts later today, and probably to be continued into monday.

-things I will be looking for in further reading
- The case for/against pom
- The declaration of a power role early in the game (cant remember right now who did that, but it was very suspicious to me)

Grimmy
wonders if we can take dirty harry out back and shoot him. it would make my day ;p
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!

Return to “Completed Open Games”