Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Casey »

Excedrin wrote:
Casey wrote:I don't understand how that quote makes no sense, Excedrin. Admittedly, my role PM is very hard to understand (grammatical mistakes and an incomplete / run-on sentence), but it says that I only get one vote.
Because le Chat says, "What's the point of nolynch? Oh, it re-rolls the votes, so I could get more votes! That's a great idea!" But le Chat knew his own role. So, knowing his role (that you have now claimed), there's really no reason for le Chat to want or care if votes are re-rolled.
Why would I lie about my role?!

I'm snake eyes, (unintelligible run-on / incomplete sentence talking about dice and thinking about ones), i only get one vote.

There. Now leave me alone!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Post by Sanjay »

In that case the question is "why would le Chat mislead the town about his role?"
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Casey, help me out with something.

What exactly happened between post 226 and post 233 that changed the way you felt about the idea of an allied scumteam?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

I still think it is very unlikely that a weak role as Sanjay can be mafia, and I do believe him when he sez he always has 1 vote. I will insist and make my position clearer.

Vote: Excedrin
Vote: Sanjay

I think that we all need to know what our roles are. Maybe unuseful, but we cannot know til we do. There is no reason to keep info hidden from mafia: this game is nightless and it is going to finish in 1 or 2 days. So Exce's "paranoia" is unmotivated, and since he doesn't look like a poor player, "unmotivated" ⇒ "scummy".
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

Typo: in post 253 in the first line I wrote Sanjay instead of Casey. Sorry.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by Empking »

[1/1] Casey (0)
[2/2] Excedrin (1) Lewarcher
[0/2]lewarcher82 (0):
[3]Sanjay (1) Lewarcher

5 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:03 am

Post by Casey »

Sanjay wrote:Casey, help me out with something.

What exactly happened between post 226 and post 233 that changed the way you felt about the idea of an allied scumteam?
Your plan where you lynch me and Lewarcher. It was very unsettling and now I'm wary of my assumptions. If I went along with that and I was wrong, you (or Excedrin) win.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Sanjay »

lewarcher82, if you'd like roleclaims from each of us, please pick who you would like to go first.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Excedrin »

Oh pick me!
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Sanjay »

Oh, I kind of wanted to go second, so if you'd like to go first, go ahead.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:22 am

Post by Excedrin »

Alright, I'm a die made of shark tooth, aka vanilla townie.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Sanjay »

I'm a red die, also a vanilla townie.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Sanjay »

Right now my list of suspicions from scum to town goes:

Casey
Excedrin
lewarcher82

Casey is far and away the most scummy. But, assuming everyone's roles work the way they say they do, this puts me in an interesting situation.

If we lynch Excedrin, Casey will be lynchable tomorrow.
If we lynch Casey, Excedrin might not be lynchable tomorrow.

So the trade-off is between voting the most scummy person today by risking my chances to lynch the second most scummy person tomorrow and ensuring a lynch is possible today and tomorrow but lynching the less scummy person first.

I think the better call is to lynch Casey.

Because worst case tomorrow from my perspective (assuming my town read on lewarcher82 is accurate) is lewarcher82 has one vote, I have one vote and Excedrin has two. If lewarcher82 and I can both agree to lynch Excedrin, we can just no lynch until we are in a situation where Excedrin is lynchable.

So there's no real need to lynch one of the claimed vanillas just so we can get two lynches.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Excedrin »

That sums up my feelings pretty well, just replace "Excedrin" in your post with "Sanjay"

I'm looking forward to lewarcher82's analysis of claims.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

I expected the dice-roll rules to be included in all claims. Perhaps I am missing sumthin, but I still dunno how many votes does Exce get.

Anyway, I keep thinking that Casey is probably town. It seems unlikely to me that such a weak voter can be last mafia: consider that Cam was extremly variable, he got 1 to 3 votes, apparently regardless of the number of players, therefore I would expect the last mafia to be a quite strong voter.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Excedrin »

Number of votes mechanic is explained in the 1st post, it's a random number between 1 and N where N is number of players / 2 + 1 rounded down.

Day 1, 6 alive, N was 4
Day 2, 5 alive, N was 3

etc.

Please stop trying to break the setup and focus for a moment on behavior.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Excedrin, do you have a reason why you think lewarcher82 is town? Do you actually think lewarcher82 is townier than me?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Sanjay »

(I'm not saying he's not, I'm not saying he is, I just wasn't sure when you said "That sums up my feelings pretty well, just replace "Excedrin" in your post with "Sanjay"" how literally I could take that.)
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Sanjay »

lewarcher82 wrote:I expected the dice-roll rules to be included in all claims. Perhaps I am missing sumthin, but I still dunno how many votes does Exce get.

Anyway, I keep thinking that Casey is probably town. It seems unlikely to me that such a weak voter can be last mafia: consider that Cam was extremly variable, he got 1 to 3 votes, apparently regardless of the number of players, therefore I would expect the last mafia to be a quite strong voter.
There's no such "quite strong voter" around, lewarcher82. Both Excedrin and my votes have been directly in keeping with our dice rolls. For all you know either Excedrin or I is lying, but you have no reason besides not trusting us to believe our roles are any more powerful than anyone else.

Besides, your idea that the second mafia would be a strong voter is, I think, in error.

Think about it:

If town had mislynched yesterday, we would be left with two mafia. If both of them were relatively strong roles, the game would be over. Mafia could control the lynch and After just two mislynches. Seems a little harsh to me. Lovers gets away with it but that's because in that game the town only need one lynch to win. It actually seems MORE likely that the second scum would be someone with a weak role than a strong role.

Also, mathcam's role seems CRAZY powerful for scum. I don't know exactly how mathcam's "Gets-More-Difficult-To-lynch-When-He-Hammers-Er" ability worked, but a mafia role that can make itself more difficult to lynch seems kind of ridiculous to me. It makes the endgame sneak up on the town a lot faster than it would otherwise.

Besides, think about yesterday. If mathcam had this supervoting scumbuddy, why wouldn't he hammer le Chat? That would send him into a situation with two mafia and two town where one of the mafia was more difficult to lynch and the other mafia was a strong voter. Those are some really good mafia odds.

I think setup speculation makes Casey look more scummy, not less. And, conveniently for me, my view of the setup matches exactly with my reads on people.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Excedrin, if you'd like to lynch Casey right now, I'm perfectly ready. For reasons only slightly strategic and mostly sentimental, I'd like to hammer.

If you are suspicious that I have some kind of power that activates after hammering three people, you are welcome to insist that you hammer, but I'd personally be a lot more comfortable the other way around so as to prevent any secret hammer activated abilities you have.

But, more importantly, I want to honor the memory of Rosso Carne, who is the coolest mafia player I have ever replaced in for.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Yea, I think lewarcher82 is town (as I did prev day), but it's kinda weird.

I have to admit that Sanjay's been more pro-town than lewarcher82, but I think it's because lewarcher82 is noob (no offense). And it's obviously possible to be pro-town as scum.
Sanjay wrote:I think setup speculation makes Casey look more scummy, not less. And, conveniently for me, my view of the setup matches exactly with my reads on people.
Agreed.

I'm ok with Casey lynch, but I want to make sure that lewarcher82 has nothing sensible to say...

I don't have any hammer activated abilities :(

I agree with you about RC, I played with him in 2 games (this one and Starcontrol mafia, I got him lynched sorta (he flaked, and there were no replacements, he was modkilled)) and had not played with him before at all and his style is hillarious (and good!). I read some of his games and he says like, "meta is bad for your health" or something. tl;dr I like hammering too!

Vote: Casey, Casey

I will let you hammer, but after at least one more post from lewarcher82.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Unvote

Vote: Casey

Only meant to vote once.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

I am sorry, I missed the rolling rules. This changes little, tho. I am going to have 1 vote tomorrow, and so will Casey. This makes it impossible to prevail in a lylo to any of us. Nevertheless, if Casey always had 1 vote, I do not believe he is mafia. There may be no very strong voters, but surely Casey is a very weak one.

Anyway, you don't need me to lynch her, so go ahead if you please.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

No, I have nothing sensible to say. Just this feeling of mine, possibly wrong, that Casey is town.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Empking »

[1/1] Casey (1) Excedrin
[1/2] Excedrin (1) Lewarcher
[0/2]lewarcher82 (0):
[3]Sanjay (1) Lewarcher

5 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”