lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:07 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Thx for the claim. This is exactly what I expected. You cannot be last scum, cuz if you were, you would have lost.

I know I am town, and I cast the 1st vote on cam yesterday, if it means anyrhing to you guys fine, if not it's your problem. This leaves me (us) with Sanjay and Excedrin.

Therefore I want them to claim. If they do, town will very likely win this game today.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:53 am

Post by Casey »

Finished my reread! This was a really weird game to read, even though it's only 9 pages long.

Now, assuming that the scum are aligned, that makes the game very easy:

Excedrin: Town. Day 3 reroll could've made him and Mathcam win.
Sanjay: Town. Could have won at post 82 otherwise.

If they're not aligned, then I have to do a lot more reading in to people, because I started off reading Excedrin and Sanjay as scummy and Lewarcher as town. But then I erased everything I had typed about them after seeing the posts that showed that Excedrin + Mathcam and Sanjay + Mathcam couldn't be on the same team.

However, Mathcam's reveal just says that he's Mafia, so I'm confident that the team is aligned and that Lewarcher is the last scum.

Vote: Lewarcher
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Excedrin »

lewarcher82 wrote:Sanjay your claim please.

I need to claim in order to see who was possibly mafia in the past hammering times. As I told, LeChat couldn't and can't.
My (and other's) number of votes were known, how does a claim help verify that?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Sanjay »

Do you have a reason for not wanting to claim, Excedrin?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 am

Post by Sanjay »

Casey wrote:Wow, fastest recovery ever. It seems like willing yourself better makes you better. I still have a sore threat and plugged up ears, but no more fever or anything!

Give me a moment and I'll read the thread soon. I'm Snake Eyes, so I always get only 1 vote. :(
By the by, I'm skeptical that if this is Casey's role that it is a town role and I am skeptical that this is Casey's role.

Because it's an absolutely terrible role. It's worse than vanilla townie. I feel like there has to be more too it than that.

lewarcher82, did you ever consider the reason why it matched your expectations so perfectly is because you made your expectations super-obvious?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Excedrin »

It doesn't seem like it will reveal anything that helps find scum. Also I'm paranoid about giving scum info about the setup (for example, perhaps the remaining scum has to get a specific role lynched to win).

I recognize it's paranoia, so if people really want me to claim I'll do it.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Sanjay »

Casey, since you are so sure that Excedrin and I are town, I have a suggestion:

Come tomorrow, if I understand lewarcher82's role correctly, he will only have one vote. Come tomorrow, if I understand your role correctly, you will only have one vote. Either way, if we are left with Excedrin, myself and one of you, Excedrin and I will be able to lynch them.

So here's the plan:

We lynch you today and we lynch lewarcher82 tomorrow.

I'm a lot more comfortable with your lynch since I'm more skeptical about your roleclaim and also because I think mathcam not hammering you was suspicious.

But assuming you have a normal town win condition, you win either way.

What do you say, Casey?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@Sanjay: I am smart enough, don't worry kid. Problem is, data confirm his claim. Even if he weren't SO weak (say that under some conditions he can get more than 1 vote), it has always been way too weak to be mafia.

@Excedrin: Sanjay moved a good objection, and even if I remain convinced of my idea I answered him. You, on th contrary, refuse to claim for some strange "paranoia-related" reasons... sounds odd.

@Sanjay(2): I cannot prevent this plan (cannot force anyone to use his brains), but it would be possible mafia win, in my opinion, cuz I am sure that either you or Exce is the last mafia. Why do you want to lynch me? I started the wagon that killed Cam yestarday. I know this doesn't prove anything, but how can I be scummier than Exce?

Here is MY plan. Unless one of you two can get 4 votes tomorrow, which never happened (did it?), this shouldn't be lylo. So I say we lynch one of you two.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Casey »

Unvote

I really do only have one vote. Why are you persecuting me for my role?

And yeah, I noticed that Mathcam made so many ties to me that it's ridiculous.

But that doesn't change that I'm a townie and that lynching me would be stupid.

Something fishy is going on in this game and I don't know what it is. Who originally brought up the idea of a non-aligned town?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Sanjay »

Casey, why, from your perspective, don't you like my plan?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Casey wrote:And yeah, I noticed that Mathcam made so many ties to me that it's ridiculous.
Also, what ties between you and mathcam did you notice? I only mentioned one.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Casey »

Because I'm starting to believe that my initial thoughts were right - that either you or Excedrin are scum. (and as a side, in my second question, I meant "non-aligned scum")

So in other words, your plan is to lynch me and lewarcher and that will somehow give you the win? Pardon me if I'm not completely sceptical about this.

You also neglected to answer my question to you: Why are you persecuting me for my role?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Of course I neglected to answer that question. It's stupid.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Sanjay »

As for your second question, I think it might have been me that brought up non-aligned scum. Why don't we both look it up?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Casey wrote:Because I'm starting to believe that my initial thoughts were right - that either you or Excedrin are scum. (and as a side, in my second question, I meant "non-aligned scum")

So in other words, your plan is to lynch me and lewarcher and that will somehow give you the win? Pardon me if I'm not completely sceptical about this.

You also neglected to answer my question to you: Why are you persecuting me for my role?
Also, what made you start to believe your initial thoughts were right? You said you were "confident" the scum were aligned in post 226. What changed?
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Casey »

What changed?! You're attacking me! And calling my questions stupid! You're horrible!
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by Excedrin »

lewarcher82 wrote:@Sanjay: I am smart enough, don't worry kid. Problem is, data confirm his claim. Even if he weren't SO weak (say that under some conditions he can get more than 1 vote), it has always been way too weak to be mafia.
That Casey has 1 vote doesn't indicate alignment. In a 6 player game, my initial thought was that there would be one scum, but since scum has no kill, 2 scum seems reasonable. If there's 2 scum making one of them weaker than "average" seems like a possible way to balance the setup. Otherwise scum could possibly quick lynch depending entirely on die rolls. The game could have ended on day 2 depending on dice unless there's something like your role or Casey's role that reduces the randomness.

That said, I don't think that anyone's going to find scum (or town) based on speculating about the setup.
lewarcher82 wrote: @Excedrin: Sanjay moved a good objection, and even if I remain convinced of my idea I answered him. You, on th contrary, refuse to claim for some strange "paranoia-related" reasons... sounds odd.
I didn't refuse to claim. I asked a few questions about why you want me to claim that you haven't answered. I also mentioned that massclaim seemed pointless on the previous day for the same reasons.
lewarcher82 wrote: @Sanjay(2): I cannot prevent this plan (cannot force anyone to use his brains), but it would be possible mafia win, in my opinion, cuz I am sure that either you or Exce is the last mafia. Why do you want to lynch me? I started the wagon that killed Cam yestarday. I know this doesn't prove anything,
but how can I be scummier than Exce?

Here is MY plan. Unless one of you two can get 4 votes tomorrow, which never happened (did it?), this shouldn't be lylo. So I say we lynch one of you two.
Hypothetically, if we lynch Excedrin today:
Tomorrow results in 3 alive, so,
lewarcher82 has 1 vote (3/2 = 1.5 = 1 rounded down)
Casey has 1 vote
Sanjay has 1 or 2 votes (dice = 3/2+1 = 2 rounded down)

If there's 4 votes total then 3 to lynch
If there's 3 votes then 2 to lynch.

As the number of players decreases, randomness becomes less of a factor.

In both of these cases I'm assuming that Casey's role stays consistent and that Sanjay's role follows "standard" dice mechanic.

Also, re: the bolded part, how am I scummy at all? I'm curious how your opinion changed from your post to this post.
Casey wrote:What changed?! You're attacking me! And calling my questions stupid! You're horrible!
Is this serious? I'm asking because there's a lot of exclamation points.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by Sanjay »

I apologize if I hurt any feelings, Casey, but I'm not going to take seriously a question where you equate suggesting your lynch with persecution.

Are you unclear about why I think your role is suspicious?
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Sanjay wrote:
Casey wrote:And yeah, I noticed that Mathcam made so many ties to me that it's ridiculous.
Also, what ties between you and mathcam did you notice? I only mentioned one.
Also, please answer this.

I know it is kind of a double edged sword where you'll have to answer for all the evidence you bring up, but I kind of think you just said this because mathcam was your scumbuddy and you are worried that there'll be lots of connections between the two of you even though you don't know of any.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Casey wrote:However, Mathcam's reveal just says that he's Mafia, so I'm confident that the team is aligned and that Lewarcher is the last scum.
So you think that mathcam was bussing lewarcher82 on day 2 and lewarcher82 was bussing mathcam as well on day 3?

Also, just for the record, I mentioned 2 unaligned scum first (by far earlier than anyone else) here.
le Chat wrote:#105
Ooh that is true. A NL would re-roll all the votes. =] I'm totally for that, being Mr. Weak-vote.
I think I found something solid. This post by le Chat makes no sense if le Chat always has only one vote. Please take a moment to look at it in context.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Casey »

Ugh, sorry for freaking out. You just pissed me off so much.

I was trying to find connections that Mathcam made but every time I thought I'd find something, he was really only trying to stop Le Chat from getting lynched. Like where he was all "whoa let's not get too hasty with Le Chat." Frustrating.

Excedrin, I was being hasty with my vote on Lewarcher. I had a solid town read on him until the two posts I mentioned that locked him as the remaining scum, but Sanjay made me think twice.

I don't understand how that quote makes no sense, Excedrin. Admittedly, my role PM is very hard to understand (grammatical mistakes and an incomplete / run-on sentence), but it says that I only get one vote.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Why were you looking for connections between you and mathcam, Casey?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Casey wrote:I don't understand how that quote makes no sense, Excedrin. Admittedly, my role PM is very hard to understand (grammatical mistakes and an incomplete / run-on sentence), but it says that I only get one vote.
Because le Chat says, "What's the point of nolynch? Oh, it re-rolls the votes, so I could get more votes! That's a great idea!" But le Chat knew his own role. So, knowing his role (that you have now claimed), there's really no reason for le Chat to want or care if votes are re-rolled.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Casey »

@Sanjay:

After day 1 and Le Chat's disappearance, Mathcam kept asking for input from Le Chat (and at times, others), and then the two big ones:
mathcam wrote:Lynching Le Chat is crazy.
mathcam wrote:worried about Le Chat hammer.
On top of that, he didn't defend anyone else. And that's why I have a strong feeling that Lewarcher is town and that the two mafia don't know who each other is (Mafia / SK, however you want to word it), and Mathcam was trying to find his partner, or whatever.
Casey
Casey
Goon
Casey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Casey »

Sanjay wrote:Why were you looking for connections between you and mathcam, Casey?
I was looking for connections between ANYONE and Mathcam, but the only ones he made were between him and Le Chat.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”