Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

Try again. ~Vi

Night 1, I targeted Xyl
Night 2, I targeted Kmd
Night 3, I targeted SpyreX

I've been immunizing myself agaisnt the people I believe are the most apt to fool me.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

I DID target SpyreX, that's true.
But I didn't kill him. I protected myself from him.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Vi »

Read the rules about quoting things, and then try again.

This is everyone's warning.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

My mistake ><

I am Koishi Komeiji, Subconscious Nexus

Can I explain my role, or would that be a modkillable offense? I mean, it's custom :S
I'm a hoot
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Paraphrasing is okay; always has been.

Rule 19 has been changed slightly; carry on.
Last edited by Vi on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

Well, first post says only rolename and flavour name XS

Anyways. I can target someone each night. People I targetted will be met with a nexus effect if they try to target me.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by dramonic »

nexus: randomly redirected to another player.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by dramonic »

Let's try this again...

I am Koishi Komeiji, subconscious nexus

I used to have the power to read minds, but since that caused problem with social interactions I chose to close my third eye. That backfired, now I read/alter subconscious.

Depths "Genetics of the Subconscious": After I target someone, their attempts to target me will be redirected at someone randomly.
I'm a hoot
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by Plum »

I'm kinda not totally buying this. Didn't you have a Town read on Spy last I checked? You say you're protecting yourself against the ones most liable to fool you, but what about the ones you actually find
scummy
?
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Elmo »

dramonic, who do you think killed SpyreX?
Why do you think KMD and SpyreX were likely to fool you?
What did you think about Xyl on Night 1?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by dramonic »

I've established someone who is scummy won't do the kill if they can avoid it. Therefore I dont see that much of a use to protecting myself agaisnt my scumreads. Additionally, Zak (whom I have a scumread on) claimed things like DV gifts and busdrives. If she isn't lying, Nexusing both these powers could have deadly effects for the town.

Anyways, a good part of my scumreads are dead: Mufasa, Mipe, Hulk.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by dramonic »

Elmo wrote:dramonic, who do you think killed SpyreX?
Why do you think KMD and SpyreX were likely to fool you?
What did you think about Xyl on Night 1?
Well, on one hand, if Kmd is correct about me and him being the only ones to target SpyreX, it'd have to be him

On the other, he's appeared fairly protown to me for the most part, and with the amount of godly powers in touhou, an investigate immune mafioso wouldn't even surprise me.

I expect KMD, SpyreX and Xyl to be the most prone to fool me because they have much more experience than the others from what I've seen/read. Players with experience know how to appear town.

Well, his play is weird, but I've never played with him. All the more reason to choose him.
I'm a hoot
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Zakeri »

KMD, does your ability list everyone that targeted Spyrex? If you two were the only ones, then Dramonic is definitely Scum, since I know for a fact that you were the target for the night one kill.

Not that There isn't a decent enough case between Dram's willingness to jump on everything Spyrex even mentioned in passing that there was a scumtell on and the flipflopping on whether Spy's Daykill was real or fake, which implies he knew it was fake and therefore had a relationship with Hulk.

Then there's this:
Dramonic wrote:First, I'm having a hard time spotting the scum in this game due to the sheer amount of lurkers and an easier one spotting town. I am aware of my following along a player
I deem trustworthy (in this case SpyreX)
on his cases.
Dramoic wrote:I expect KMD,
SpyreX
and Xyl
to be the most prone to fool me
because they have much more experience than the others from what I've seen/read.
What happened between yesterday and last night to cause such a drastic change?

Dramonic, would you please go ahead and give a list like I, Hulk, and a few other's did yesterday?
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by dramonic »

Zakeri wrote: What happened between yesterday and last night to cause such a drastic change?
There is no drastic change Zak. It's called an insurance.
Zakeri wrote:Dramonic, would you please go ahead and give a list like I, Hulk, and a few other's did yesterday?
Will do, if you can wait til tomorrow. Well, today, depends what timezone you're in.

After I've slept and return from school.
I'm a hoot
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

So... Kmd has good evidence that dramonic is scum. Zakeri has good evidence that Kmd is town. If we take the bet that the evidence is right, the play here is really easy: lynch dramonic; if he comes up scum all's good, if he comes up town we have two caught scum. If we don't trust the evidence, then we don't trust the evidence.

I think I need to do some rereading here. Something is nagging me about the lightning rod flip. Mufasa was a
scum
lightning rod... I would expect that to not affect the mafia kill.

dramonic, where have you seen Lightning Rod before?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by Zakeri »

I've established someone who is scummy won't do the kill if they can avoid it. Therefore I dont see that much of a use to protecting myself agaisnt my scumreads. Additionally, Zak (whom I have a scumread on) claimed things like DV gifts and busdrives. If she isn't lying, Nexusing both these powers could have deadly effects for the town.
I guess I'm having a really hard time following this thought process. You basically are avoiding using your reflect abilities used against you on people you have a town read on. Why exactly are you worried about town roles targeting you? And what if one of those roles is a cop who's ability randomly gets tossed onto a person who is scum? I don't really see how there's any townie intent behind what you claimed you did.
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

I really want to think dramonic is town, but his reaction to the whole mipe daykill mess is worrying me... it looks sort of like he knew that there was a false inventor, rather than any of the other possibilities that might have stopped the kill.

Kmd, why'd you target dramonic?

Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Can't be right. You and I targeted Spy. No one else did.
Consequentially, this answers my question as well.

Why do you want to think Dramonic is town, Xyl?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Zakeri wrote:
Can't be right. You and I targeted Spy. No one else did.
Consequentially, this answers my question as well.

Why do you want to think Dramonic is town, Xyl?
Choose one:
  • He has obviously town opinions.
  • He did a good job of buddying up to me.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Xylthixlm wrote:
The Incredible Hulk wrote:Hulk especially think that Kmd, Spyrex, Xylthixlm, have one scum in it. [...] They THREE, not suspicious of each other.
Interesting that Kmd gets shoved in with me and SpyreX. I know I've said at least once that I don't have a town read on Kmd. And why isn't dramonic in this group?
I have to go back to this post. Hulk saying that the three of me, SpyreX, and Kmd were not suspecting each other is really odd because I
did
suspect Kmd; but even worse, neither I nor SpyreX suspected dramonic and he didn't suspect either of us. If Hulk was looking for a group of people to call scummy, he should have included dramonic instead of/in addition to Kmd.

This does not look good for dramonic.

Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by Zakeri »

What exactly counts as "Town Opinion" Other than agreeing with you or Spyrex?

Why does buddying up with you not ring alarmbells? It's a very appealing thing to do when you're scum to buddy up with people who are town - If the townie dies, you look good being related to him. If you die, he looks bad being related to you.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Zakeri wrote:What exactly counts as "Town Opinion" Other than agreeing with you or Spyrex?
Hmmm.

Nope, I think you got it. Although really it's only agreeing with me.
Zakeri wrote:Why does buddying up with you not ring alarmbells? It's a very appealing thing to do when you're scum to buddy up with people who are town - If the townie dies, you look good being related to him. If you die, he looks bad being related to you.
Oh, I agree. But actual townies "buddy up" to me all the time - see SpyreX just in this game. I just need to be aware of my emotional reactions so I can separate them out from the actual scumminess.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Also, I am being manipulated by Zakeri here. Bad Zakeri.

Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Nope, I think you got it. Although really it's only agreeing with me.
List of things that are Wrong with this:
  • Assuming you are right.
    Assuming scum would never bus each other.
    Assuming you yourself are not scum.
If pressed, I'll give you the last one, but there's no excuse for the first two.

Also, there's a key difference in town buddying up to town and scum buddying up to town in that in the second hypothetical, the scum is scum. Dram has a list of other scumtells that go hand in hand buddying up to someone else, while spyrex had a pretty good track record this game. And even then, my read on him was neutral because he choose to blantantly buddy up to you.
Also, I am being manipulated by Zakeri here. Bad Zakeri.
Care to explain your reasoning for this besides "Zak is scum and is asking you a lot of questions?"
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

So Dramonic can target someone and if they target him, they are redirected to someone else?
-How likely does it seem that this will even be useful?
-How does this sound like a town role?
-How did Spy die if Dramonic didn't kill him?
-Why would he target the towniest players?

Zak, yes, the ability I used last night lists ALL players to target Spy. The names that came up were Dramonic's and my own.

Xyl, I didn't target Dramonic (though I almost did). I targeted Spy. It was partially a guess on scum's kill, but also something else that is directly related to my role (I'd rather not claim yet).
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”