The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Plum »

Plus the fact that the only thing that kept me from trying to lynch you yesterday was Tubby's claim to have Hid behind you. It's now clear that he did not successfully hide behind you and the only thing supporting my grudging Town-read on you is negated. Plus your behavior once called out. Lots of misrepping/playing dumb doesn't do much for your case, sugar-beverage. Plus the fact that it's reasonably likely due to claimed actions that you are the guy who kills by Strangulation and yeah, I'm pretty sure you're scum.

String 'em up, y'all.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by SocioPath »

SpyreX wrote:@All:

Are you getting confirmations that your actions WORKED or just that the mod RECEIVED them? This needs to be answered doubly by the roleblockers.
I get told that the choice was received. Not whether or not it actually did anything.

tubby, for not responding for 2 days, and only comes in to lynch milkshake, is super scummy.
Because his action definitely came across as lazy scum forgetting that milk being scum would make him scum because of the whole death thing. With his short-sighted quick response, I'm pretty sure it didn't go through his head, 'oh, Milkshake was JK'D, and therefor could be scum, but I didn't die because he was JK'D.' Those thoughts going through his head, seem unlikely, especially since he only took the time to vote, and not more to even try and explain his innocence.

Also, in future days, I'd like it for RBers to claim their night choices LAST, in order to make scum squirm more with actions they are lying about.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vote Count (Page 91, Day 3)

milkshake
-7 (dramonic, SpyreX, Plum, SocioPath, Vaya, Benmage, tubby216)
Papa Zito -3 (LlamaFluff, chamber, VP Baltar)
Snow_Bunny -2 (Elmo )
dramonic -2 (Snow_Bunny, milkshake)
SerialClergyman -1 (Battle Mage)

Not Voting:
Papa Zito, Kise, stark, SerialClergyman, Sajin,

Note:
Deadline will be at the earliest 11/14 at 5:00 PM EST. With 20 whole votes available, it takes 11 to lynch.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Not enthralled with the milkshake lynch at this moment, though I do have some pages to catch up on. Tubby is so obv. scum it's not even funny.

Unvote, Vote:Tubby216

Proper post coming later today when I have a bit more time.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

So, it is me, or Plum's slip really seems like a scumslip?
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:32 am

Post by dramonic »

dramonic wrote:I answered. Which incidentally explains how your action on tubby worked even though I tried to hide.
Slight typo. This was an answer to Plum & Partner

I answered. Which incidentally explains how your (Plum&Partner) action on tubby worked even though
he
tried to hide
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 am

Post by tubby216 »

VP Baltar wrote:Not enthralled with the milkshake lynch at this moment, though I do have some pages to catch up on. Tubby is so obv. scum it's not even funny.

Unvote, Vote:Tubby216

Proper post coming later today when I have a bit more time.
here is the thing,

i am a hider, i sent in my choice on who to hide behind. now if i managed to crawl in the buble with milk there by allowing me to live, or i missed due to milks bubleization nite 1 i have no idea,

look its not gaurenteed. all i know is if hide behind scum i am dead,

so to sum it up it is fowlable since i don't get a result i just get a notice that my request was recieved.

then i look in the morning to see if i am alive or dead. So all i know i targeted Milkshake nite 1 and targeted BM nite 2

but it makes sense if dram targeted milk nite 1 and no kill then all of a sudden nite 2 there is an extra kill noone else claimed responsibility its milks fault, plum confirmed blockage last nite,

so word of advice to VP, sometimes just sometimes VP it is as simple as it seems, stop reading too far into it,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 am

Post by tubby216 »

SocioPath wrote:
SpyreX wrote:@All:

Are you getting confirmations that your actions WORKED or just that the mod RECEIVED them? This needs to be answered doubly by the roleblockers.
I get told that the choice was received. Not whether or not it actually did anything.

tubby, for not responding for 2 days, and only comes in to lynch milkshake, is super scummy.
Because his action definitely came across as lazy scum forgetting that milk being scum would make him scum because of the whole death thing. With his short-sighted quick response, I'm pretty sure it didn't go through his head, 'oh, Milkshake was JK'D, and therefor could be scum, but I didn't die because he was JK'D.' Those thoughts going through his head, seem unlikely, especially since he only took the time to vote, and not more to even try and explain his innocence.

Also, in future days, I'd like it for RBers to claim their night choices LAST, in order to make scum squirm more with actions they are lying about.
have you read any game i was in before??

in the mean time do some rethinkin
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:39 am

Post by dramonic »

Plum wrote:Tubby hides behind BM (Battle Mage or Benmage???)
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:56 am

Post by tubby216 »

spy wrote:@Tubby:

Does your hide actions say "hide behind converters = death" or "hide behind non-town = death".

Did you breadcrumb hiding behind BM?

Why did you choose BM?
my hide actions say converters=death,

no breadcrum, but BM "battlemage" was quiet so i picked him wich either means he is busy or bored town i took a risk and figured bored town.

plum wrote:Tubby: did you hide behind Battle Mage or Benmage? Ambitiousness wants clarification.

ok for clarification if i type BM or Bm its Battlemage, if i am reffering to Benmage it will be typed out. i do not know Benmage well enough to abreviate his name.

and i think that answers everything, if there is nmore i have to answer for let me know
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

First, some housekeeping:
curiouskarmadog wrote:NPC, The Giver, Strangled Pre Game
"Strangle" = mafia kill
curiouskarmadog wrote: 26.) populartajo, The Rodent Tamer, With the Council, Throat slit Night 1
15.) DrippingGoofball, The Cloner, With the Council, Throat slit Night 2
22.) vollkan, The Consumer, With the Council, Strangled Night 2
"Throat slit" = sk kill

---

So the case on milkshake is that there was no extra kill while he was RBed but there was an extra kill while he was RBed, right?

There are various other possibilities here (doc protect, jailed, missed NK, etc) that could explain this. Why haven't these been considered?

One other thing. Dramonic, you're saying you jailed milk, and there was no mafia kill. My question to you - why didn't you jail him again to test your theory, and perhaps prevent another kill?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 am

Post by tubby216 »

Papa Zito wrote:First, some housekeeping:
"Strangle" = mafia kill
curiouskarmadog wrote: 26.) populartajo, The Rodent Tamer, With the Council, Throat slit Night 1
"Throat slit" = sk kill

---

So the case on milkshake is that there was no extra kill while he was RBed but there was an extra kill while he was RBed, right?

There are various other possibilities here (doc protect, jailed, missed NK, etc) that could explain this. Why haven't these been considered?

One other thing. Dramonic, you're saying you jailed milk, and there was no mafia kill. My question to you - why didn't you jail him again to test your theory, and perhaps prevent another kill?
what?? did you just do what i think you did
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Benmage »

"Strangle" = mafia kill
"Throat slit" = sk kill

---
how the hell do you know that?
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Papa Zito »

What's tubby on about?
Benmage wrote:how the hell do you know that?
Deductive reasoning?
Kappa
Just Monika
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:40 am

Post by chamber »

Benmage wrote:
"Strangle" = mafia kill
"Throat slit" = sk kill

---
how the hell do you know that?
Obviously only the mafia and sk "know" it, but its the logical conclusion to draw given that the giver was pregame killed by "strangled". I thought of this myself but I was hoping milkshake would be the one to point it out openly.

Sarnathed but no reason to waste a perfectly good post.
Taking a break from the site.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:30 am

Post by dramonic »

Papa Zito wrote:One other thing. Dramonic, you're saying you jailed milk, and there was no mafia kill. My question to you - why didn't you jail him again to test your theory, and perhaps prevent another kill?
Because Plum was also RBed. I found her more suspicious than Milk. Additionally, if she was telling the truth, I protected her from a potential kill so that her partner wouldn,t have to reveal himself if Plum really is what she claims to be.
I'm a hoot
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 am

Post by Papa Zito »

dramonic wrote:
Papa Zito wrote:One other thing. Dramonic, you're saying you jailed milk, and there was no mafia kill. My question to you - why didn't you jail him again to test your theory, and perhaps prevent another kill?
Because Plum was also RBed. I found her more suspicious than Milk. Additionally, if she was telling the truth, I protected her from a potential kill so that her partner wouldn,t have to reveal himself if Plum really is what she claims to be.
What? That doesn't make sense. Your theory is that Milk is scum and you blocked his kill. What does that have to do with Plum?
Kappa
Just Monika
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:13 am

Post by tubby216 »

Papa Zito wrote:
dramonic wrote:
What? That doesn't make sense. Your theory is that Milk is scum and you blocked his kill. What does that have to do with Plum?
really?? ok step back take breath and read before posting cause your logic is fail

but i'll let dram point it out,

@dram get your crayons he may need a diagram or something to understand this
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:56 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Make sure you stay within the lines, or I'll get confused.
Kappa
Just Monika
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vaya wrote:It's simple really guys. N1, dram blocked milk and there was no "strangling" death(also, only one town was killed). N2, dram didn't block milk and the "strangling" death was back(and there were two town killed).
This is pretty ridiculous logic considering how many PRs are in play this game. There could have been any number of things that would have prevented a "strangulation" from occuring Night1. Docs, Roleblockers, busdrivers, bulletproof vests...who knows. Someone is going to have to give me better evidence than this if my vote is expected.
SC wrote:Vp, claim your ability while you are around.
No, I won't be doing that. Thanks very much. Your continued rolefishing this game has officially gone from cutely ignorant to blatantly scummy. Not only have you placed some sort of omen over Spyrex and I, but you now seem to think you have the authority to make people out their roles for the scum to pick off. If you want to know my role, then tell your scumbuddies to off me tonight.
SC wrote:So the evidence is pretty damning. It seems that unless milk was the target day 1, or there's some other reason why a sk kill didn't go through d1, milk is the sk.
Explain how it is damning? What makes that more likely than any of the other possibilities really? Don't get me wrong, I think milk's play has been quite scummy at times, but I don't see how dramonic's info is any kind of conclusive.
SC wrote:I'm cool wih the lynch, just view an sk lynch as a mediocre result.
If you actually believe he's an SK, then how is that a mediocre result? Eliminating a kill should always be a high priority for town as it would likely enable more chances to lynch scum.
Benmage wrote:Really... Pretty sure PZ was pushing a scope lynch for ages. I think PZ is town.
But he didn't really rally the troops until you were getting strung up, correct? Anyhow, what makes you believe so strongly that PZ is town?
Benmage wrote:
VPB wrote: Honestly, I don't see a lot of value to a pro-twn double voter and I am especially suspicious since elmo and his predecessor didn't claim it right away when people were talking about it. Why try and keep it a secret?

On the other hand, if elmo is telling the truth, then I suspect scum may have some ability to affect the votecount as well as a counterbalance.

Hmmm Elmo may be scum.
Yeah, I would still like a more substansive answer to that question actually. What was the point of hiding the double voter ability? Also, why is Elmo making it a point to not participate at all after he replaced in?
Sajin wrote:That quick wagon was fail.

I am down with a milkshake lynch but not until after he claims. If nothing else it could be more info.
Wow. Sajin is quintessential "not paying attention" scum.
SC wrote:I vote we out plums partner before lynching milk.
This is officially the fastest slide from town read to scum read in the history of MS. Congrats.

I think there was a question raised about night action resolution, and that is very important to this RB/JKing situation. First thing to be noted is:
The Rules wrote:2.) Powers have various speeds and happen before others.
This is troublesome because it couldn't be more ambiguous. We have no clue if the mod is following standard role resolution or not. I would note, however, that if the mod is using Xyl's Natural Action Resolution, which might be a good idea considering the complexity of the setup, then hiding happens before jailing, in which case tubby is still scum trying to lynch someone he claims is innocent.
Spyrex wrote:I swear I'm missing something. VP, help me ohh great spoon.
You covered the high points well enough. See about action resolution though. I don't think we would receive any clarification from the mod even if we asked, but I'm inclined to believe NAR is what would be used here. Schnoockums.

Oh, you did miss Elmo claiming double voter (finally), though that would have no impact upon your list. Chamber is the weatherman also I suppose. I feel like one of stark or Kise claimed as well...but I can't remember. I need to go through and make a list for myself.

Ok, now I see dram is saying he JK blocks everything that targets his target. Hmm. Dram, clarify for me again so we are 100% clear, the mod said that absolutely NO night actions would come before blocking or just that your target can't be targetted AFTER you block?
Dram wrote:Likewise, if you had targetted Kise like you said you did, he'd be sane by now.
This piece of the puzzle is muddled in my mind and I'm not remembering something correctly. Did Kise claim to be insane or do we have any knowledge that he is insane?
milk wrote:Wait, so you have like a mason partner who is a roleblocker and, what, you choose between the two of you which one of your abilities you'll use? Since you had passive abilities that confirmed tubby as "town," wouldn't that make him another mason partner? Doesn't that sound an aweful lot like a scum team, not a mason partnership? Wouldn't you have had to have a result night one in order to confirm that tubby was the super-happy-hoppy-bunny?
ok, there's going off the deep end and then there is whatever the hell this is....
Plum wrote:Oh my partner, if/when you're around use your judgment and claim who you are and that you can verify all my info if you think it best. I doubt it'll be necessary because it's only the lying Milk officially calling for it now and I'd rather not do thus on the demand of an almost-certain scumbag. If we have more official calls for this from people we've discussed that we trust more, I'd say go ahead. If not, it's probably in the best interest of the Town not to do so.
I don't want your partner to claim if that matters at all. That's a bad idea for investigative puroses.

One question I do want you to answer Plum, is do you think milkshake is an SK or a member of the scum team?
tubby wrote: am a hider, i sent in my choice on who to hide behind. now if i managed to crawl in the buble with milk there by allowing me to live, or i missed due to milks bubleization nite 1 i have no idea,

look its not gaurenteed. all i know is if hide behind scum i am dead,
Then you would have to believe the latter! If you believe the former then you are trying to lynch town, which coincidentally is what the scum are trying to achieve.
tubby wrote:but it makes sense if dram targeted milk nite 1 and no kill then all of a sudden nite 2 there is an extra kill noone else claimed responsibility its milks fault, plum confirmed blockage last nite
With myriad possibilities in this game, I'm not so easily swayed by that argument.
PZ wrote:There are various other possibilities here (doc protect, jailed, missed NK, etc) that could explain this. Why haven't these been considered?
My point exactly.
PZ wrote:One other thing. Dramonic, you're saying you jailed milk, and there was no mafia kill. My question to you - why didn't you jail him again to test your theory, and perhaps prevent another kill?
Doubt any scum is going to send the kill on consecutive nights from a blocked player.

Caught up again.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'll be gone for a chunk of today but a few things that percolated out:

@Dram:

Why, WHY, didn't you bring this out
yesterday
when the whole tubby-milk-plum-sociopath business was going on?

@VP:

I saw the DV by Elmo (which isn't surprising).

The ONLY way I would want you to feed SC's fish would be if you have an active and he got it. Of course, I'd prefer if that went down like such:

VP: I have an active ability.
SC: Yes, you do. It is XXXX.
VP: Yes, that is it. Hooray!

(although, personally, my theory says that isn't what happened).
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ohh and one more I found in my re-read that I'd love to have explained:
Sociopath to Plum wrote:Tell him how you could possibly know Tubby's rolename. You're not a cop, you're not mason partners. You're scum. That would be how.
This was early on in the whole fiasco yesterday. Now, this seems to be pretty clearly illustrating...well... exactly what Plum is claiming. As not. Yet, nothing was said as the things went on?

Not to mention WHY this statement was made so adamantly?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Spy, my problem is that I don't want to out anything about my ability which is going to help the scum determine who they need to kill. Even something as simple as outting active or inactive gives a TON of information to scum on whether or not they should target me at night. If people think I am scum, then I could understand the need to test me, but I don't see any reason to just start outting role information. Maybe I have a role that is a major threat to the scum, maybe I don't, but in my opinion it is better to keep them guessing.

If you absolutely are set on it, then I'll give whether or not SC would have gotten an ability from me (ie active or not), but I am strongly stating my opposition to doing it simply because he is calling for it. His rolefishing is ridiculous and I don't see how any town player would be so set on outting as many roles as possible as early as possible. (his choices of targets don't make much sense to me thus far either).
YOUR AD HERE

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Elmo »

VP Baltar wrote:... a double voter and I am especially suspicious since elmo and his predecessor didn't claim it right away when people were talking about it. Why try and keep it a secret?
VP Baltar wrote:Spy, my problem is that I don't want to out anything about my ability which is going to help the scum determine who they need to kill. Even something as simple as outting active or inactive gives a TON of information to scum on whether or not they should target me at night.
Derp derp derp?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Double voter is not the same as a night ability. derp.

Now explain your reasoning for keeping it secret, i.e., what benefit does the town receive from you keeping doublevoting undercover when you were suspected for it?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”