The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by dramonic »

I answered. Which incidentally explains how your action on tubby worked even though I tried to hide.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by milkshake »

Yeah no, because my ability actually gets an investigation-type result. It is standard to get a "no result/you were blocked" response when a normal response would be "Player X is the XXXX".
Whhaaaat...? Did you not understand that what I am saying or did you intentionally make an unrelated response? I don't get a result. I wasn't talking about any results. I'm talking about dramonic claiming to jailkeep you, you claiming to be notified, dramonic claiming to jailkeep me, and me not getting notified.
Did you receive any kind of PM from the mod saying that you were jailed and thus your action didn't work? Or, well, anything that day?

Did you get anything about calming kise day 2?
I've said the answer to both of these questions already with extremely clarity. I did not get any notification about being jailed. I do not get any notification about the use of my power.

---

I'm just waiting until some town players/people with brains arrive and make a decision about this:
me wrote:you can either lynch me (to be sure) and then get on to lynching this conpiracy or get a head start today, and become sure based on dramonic's flip. The latter is slightly better but either works.
That's really all there is to this!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by dramonic »

the conspiracy theory is bad Milk, I mean, look at your wagon, unless you think MORE than the complete converter team are on your ass you're just flailing.

THe fact you never get any response about anything just makes you scummier. If you affect people, you're bound to have something happen. Likewise, if you had targetted Kise like you said you did, he'd be sane by now.

You're scum who've been caught.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by milkshake »

Yeah no, because my ability actually gets an investigation-type result. It is standard to get a "no result/you were blocked" response when a normal response would be "Player X is the XXXX".
Oh, so you're saying that the only reason you were informed of your jailkeeping is because your ability failed. (Weak reason, since my ability doesn't get a response I'm not sure why yours would). Also, if that's the only way in which you were informed, what about your supposed jailkeep buddy or whatever that was about?

Furthermore, are you really buying the ridiculous reasoning that I was, according to dramonic, jailkept on the one night out of two that someone was not killed via strangulation (which was probably completely unrelated to who killed them) so I must be a serial killer? That's just silly!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

I dont recall saying you're a serial killer.
I'm a hoot
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

You know what would have been awesome to do yesterday?

Massclaim :p

plum, if your partner isn't confirmed town, why the secrecy?
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

People are saying wacky things. If the argument is that milk was blocked d1 and not d2 and there was a kill on d2, that makes him much more likely to be an sk, yes?
I'm old now.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by milkshake »

the conspiracy theory is bad Milk, I mean, look at your wagon, unless you think MORE than the complete converter team are on your ass you're just flailing.
Uh... they followed you based on huge-failure information about jailkeeping. So of course I think more than the complete converter team is on me, and some coverters are probably off me... but now I have shown what is going on (and it will be confirmed once once of us is lynched) so...? :?
Likewise, if you had targetted Kise like you said you did, he'd be sane by now.
Kise isn't even a cop so why are you talking about this?
You're scum who've been caught.
Too bad you weren't smart enough to realize that your whole plan would backfire once I was dead... :/ But it's good for town! :D
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

Plans can only backfire if they are Milkshake

There is a small, weak chance that you'll flip town. (If for example, the strangler targetted you Night 1). I'm aware of that.

However, the odds are agaisnt you, and when someone has claimed insanity and you don't believe them you're basically more expandable than even SB.
I'm a hoot
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by milkshake »

when someone has claimed insanity and you don't believe them
Did I miss something?
I dont recall saying you're a serial killer.
...?
I have fairly strong reasons to believe Milk is responsible for hanging people.
You think I'm a super-special-bonus scum serial killer?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by milkshake »

If the argument is that milk was blocked d1 and not d2 and there was a kill on d2, that makes him much more likely to be an sk, yes?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Plum »

milkshake wrote:
Whhaaaat...? Did you not understand that what I am saying or did you intentionally make an unrelated response? I don't get a result. I wasn't talking about any results. I'm talking about dramonic claiming to jailkeep you, you claiming to be notified, dramonic claiming to jailkeep me, and me not getting notified.
Because you don't get any sort of confirmation that your results actually go through. By the nature of your sanifying role, I suppose you do not get any confirmation on whether your action was blocked, whether it was successful, whether it hit someone who didn't have anything to get sanified, whatever. By the very nature of my/my partner's investigative, Cop-type role, I
do
get a result - we get told the Rolename of the player targeted. So if our action gets blocked the Mod
does
tell us by implication that our action was successful and if we don't get a result tells us what is fairly obvious anyway - the action was blocked and unsuccessful.

It has nothing to do with the nature of Dramonic's
specific
action and everything to do with the nature of
your
action versus the nature of
my/my partner's
action.
milkshake wrote:Oh, so you're saying that the only reason you were informed of your jailkeeping is because your ability failed. (Weak reason, since my ability doesn't get a response I'm not sure why yours would). Also, if that's the only way in which you were informed, what about your supposed jailkeep buddy or whatever that was about?
MY ABILITY GETS A RESPONSE BECAUSE THE MOD FREAKING TELLS US THE RESULT OF THE INVESTIGATION EVERY NIGHT! THAT'S WHY IT GETS A RESULT! My partner can confirm that and confirm that we received the info about the block in the same way we received the result on Tubby - simultaneously, straight from the mouth of the Mod.
milkshake wrote:Furthermore, are you really buying the ridiculous reasoning that I was, according to dramonic, jailkept on the one night out of two that someone was not killed via strangulation (which was probably completely unrelated to who killed them) so I must be a serial killer? That's just silly!
With the
only
reason for me not to have a scum read on you - the Tubby action Night 1 - effectively negated at this point (because it's clear that you were made untargetable Night 1), and the fact that there was a Strangulation kill missing Night 1 when you were blocked and present Night 2 when you weren't, I'm sure as hell willing to vote for you. I don't care if you're Converter, SK, or whatever, because you're almost certainly anti-Town scum who can kill and I want lynched; I don't feel the need to get bogged down in the specifics of what sort of scum you are; you're scum O want dead and that's enough. Like dramonic said, it's vaguely possible that the Strangle action targeted you Night 1 and failed due to the jailkeeping, but with my scumread on you from yesterday, I'm more than happy to lynch you.

Stop flailing and go peacefully unless you can be funny at it like Kmd, plz.
SerialClergyman wrote:plum, if your partner isn't confirmed town, why the secrecy?
Scum now know that they can block me, but if my partner stays secret that player can perform the action instead with less risk of getting blocked (and yes, there was a good reason that even though I was exposed yesterday we decided that I should took the action; but keeping my partner secret may still be beneficial for the reason listed above in the future).
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by Kise »

My ability is automatic, NOT manual, meaning I don't have to PM the mod every phase to submit an action. I do not have any sanity variations to my role name, and I am not psycho in any way. Don't bother "saning" me because it's not needed.

So who's the lynch?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by milkshake »

The only thing I can think of that would make everyone all happy-happy town is
A)Plum only knew she was role-blocked because of a confirmation on her ability (makes sense if she is a namecop).
B)Otherwise, jailkept people are not notified. (Plum says the exact opposite in her last post, unless I "misunderstood" again...)
C)Tubby voted me because he can hide behind serial killers and is 100% positive I'm a Serial Killer (that's just silly).
D)You, also, truely believe that CoD determines exactly who kills the person, and you think that I must hang people because you jailkept me on night one and no one was hung on night one.

Even if you do say all that, it would be very after-the-fact...
MY ABILITY GETS A RESPONSE BECAUSE THE MOD FREAKING TELLS US THE RESULT OF THE INVESTIGATION EVERY NIGHT! THAT'S WHY IT GETS A RESULT!
Yeah sorry you don't have to scream it I got that now...
Stop flailing and go peacefully unless you can be funny at it like Kmd, plz.
Why the over-and-over use of the word "flailing...?" I only have seven votes on me. Also, if I do get lynched, I really wonder what the actual town is going to do about me being The Calmer. They will understand then, right? So, then... what you the scum going to do about having been found out...? 0.o
My partner can confirm that and confirm that we received the info about the block in the same way we received the result on Tubby - simultaneously, straight from the mouth of the Mod.
But see... I never got anything like that. So if you're going to stick to that we still have a conflict.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by milkshake »

My ability is automatic, NOT manual, meaning I don't have to PM the mod every phase to submit an action. I do not have any sanity variations to my role name, and I am not psycho in any way. Don't bother "saning" me because it's not needed.
Thanks for the info... do
you
know who dramonic is talking about here?
when someone has claimed insanity and you don't believe them
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Plum »

milkshake wrote:But see... I never got anything like that. So if you're going to stick to that we still have a conflict.
If you'd gotten it you wouldn't see any supposed conflict because there is none.
milkshake wrote:B)Otherwise, jailkept people are not notified. (Plum says the exact opposite in her last post, unless I "misunderstood" again...)
C)Tubby voted me because he can hide behind serial killers and is 100% positive I'm a Serial Killer (that's just silly).
B) You must have, because I said specifically that I did not execute the ability Night 1 and so a roleblock/jailkeeping could not affect whether or not my partner and I received a result, so we got no notice. But we always get a notice about our actual action: either an investigation result of a "targeter got blocked". I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the RB.

C) You were untargetable Night 1 - that is, any actions on you didn't go through. Tubby, I presume, does not get confirmation on whether he got blocked or not; he just wakes up alive or doesn't (and if he's alive and his action was successful - which he can't know by himself - it means that he must have hidden behind Town/Non-Converter [need clarification here]). But because you were untargetable his action did not go through and thus your alignment did not have any bearing on him surviving Night 1 because he didn't actually successfully hide behind you. Thus he didn't clear you. So.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by milkshake »

If you'd gotten it you wouldn't see any supposed conflict because there is none.
If I'd gotten it, yes. But I didn't.
C) You were untargetable Night 1 - that is, any actions on you didn't go through. Tubby, I presume, does not get confirmation on whether he got blocked or not; he just wakes up alive or doesn't (and if he's alive and his action was successful - which he can't know by himself - it means that he must have hidden behind Town/Non-Converter [need clarification here]). But because you were untargetable his action did not go through and thus your alignment did not have any bearing on him surviving Night 1 because he didn't actually successfully hide behind you. Thus he didn't clear you. So.
That's quite the coincidental interaction. Even if I was untargetable, does that change my alignment? Does tubby survive if he doesn't hide behind anyone? Does tubby's ability actually need to actively target someone in order to check their alignment?
I said specifically that I did not execute the ability Night 1 and so a roleblock/jailkeeping could not affect whether or not my partner and I received a result, so we got no notice. But we always get a notice about our actual action: either an investigation result of a "targeter got blocked". I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the RB.
Wait, so you have like a mason partner who is a roleblocker and, what, you choose between the two of you which one of your abilities you'll use? Since you had passive abilities that confirmed tubby as "town," wouldn't that make him another mason partner? Doesn't that sound an aweful lot like a scum team, not a mason partnership?
Wouldn't you have
had
to have a result night one in order to confirm that tubby was the super-happy-hoppy-bunny?
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Post by milkshake »

I did not execute the ability Night 1 and so a roleblock/jailkeeping could not affect whether or not my partner and I received a result, so we got no notice. But we always get a notice about our actual action: either an investigation result of a "targeter got blocked". I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the RB.
Just explain to me what you're talking about here. Who is executing a roleblock and what exactly was the result of all your various night actions that appear to come from no where, which I must have missed your original explanation of.

And, most importantly, what on earth does it have to do with a jailkeeping supposedly working on you when it didn't work on me?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Eeerppp I'm confused this page:

Dramonic:

I answered. Which incidentally explains how your action on tubby worked even though I tried to
hide

Que???

Plum:

I said specifically that I did not execute the ability Night 1 and so a roleblock/jailkeeping could not affect whether or not my partner and I received a result, so we got no notice. But we always get a notice about our actual action: either an investigation result of a "targeter got blocked". I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the
RB

Que???
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Plum »

milkshake wrote:
Plum wrote:I said specifically that I did not execute the ability Night 1 and so a roleblock/jailkeeping could not affect whether or not my partner and I received a result, so we got no notice. But we always get a notice about our actual action: either an investigation result of a "targeter got blocked". I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the RB.
My bad, last line should read
I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the action which could be RB'd (and it wasn't).
Sorry about the miswording. We did have a result Night 1 because my partner investigated successfully. Oh, Spy, I see you asked the same question; answered here.

I
had
a result Night 1. The Rolecopping ability is shared; one of us can use it per Night. Night 1 my partner used it; the Roleblock on me did nothing. The result (including a 'blocked' result) is automatically shared straight from the Mod;'s mouth with both of us.
milkshake wrote:That's quite the coincidental interaction. Even if I was untargetable, does that change my alignment? Does tubby survive if he doesn't hide behind anyone? Does tubby's ability actually need to actively target someone in order to check their alignment?
If the action didn't go through at all he didn't Hide behind you. That means that even if you're scum, because he didn't hide behind you, hiding behind milk-scum would not have killed him because the action was blocked but he wasn't informed because it wasn't an action that normally get's info written directly from the Mod. A Hider needs to successfully Hide in order to determine alignment just like a Cop needs to successfully investigate; the difference is that a Hider's results are implied and he's not informed whether he's successful or not, just wakes up alive {= either successfully targeted Town/Not-scum or didn't successfully Hide} or dies {=was actively killed or Hid successfully behind Not-Town/Scum}. Basically, if he targeted you while you were untargetable the results are as useful as if he hadn't attempted to Hide at all, because the Hide action didn't go through.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm

Post by Plum »

milkshake wrote:
I did not execute the ability Night 1 and so a roleblock/jailkeeping could not affect whether or not my partner and I received a result, so we got no notice. But we always get a notice about our actual action: either an investigation result of a "targeter got blocked". I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the RB.
Just explain to me what you're talking about here. Who is executing a roleblock and what exactly was the result of all your various night actions that appear to come from no where, which I must have missed your original explanation of.

And, most importantly, what on earth does it have to do with a jailkeeping supposedly working on you when it didn't work on me?
Relevant Night Actions

Night 1:

*Partner Rolecop-investigates Tubby
*Plum does nothing
*SocioPath Roleblocks Plum ---> No effect because Plum doesn't attempt an active action
*dramonic Jailkeeps milkshake
*Tubby Hides behind milkshake ----> Unsuccessful because milkshake is Jailed

Night 2:

*dramonic Jailkeeps Plum
*Partner does nothing
*Plum Investigates (someone) ---> No result because of dramonic's Jail, Mod tells us that
*Tubby hides behind BM (Battle Mage or Benmage???)
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by Plum »

EBWOP:

*Partner Rolecop-investigates Tubby ---> Mod tells us that Tubby is "The Happy Hoppy Fuzzy Bunny"
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by milkshake »

My bad, last line should read I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the action which could be RB'd (and it wasn't). Sorry about the miswording. We did have a result Night 1 because my partner investigated successfully. Oh, Spy, I see you asked the same question; answered here.

I had a result Night 1. The Rolecopping ability is shared; one of us can use it per Night. Night 1 my partner used it; the Roleblock on me did nothing. The result (including a 'blocked' result) is automatically shared straight from the Mod;'s mouth with both of us.
SocioPath Roleblocks Plum ---> No effect because Plum doesn't attempt an active action
Plum Investigates (someone) ---> No result because of dramonic's Jail, Mod tells us that
Thanks for clearing that up (really) but wow that is so handy for you and so mostly invented after it was made apparent that you needed it.

As I think someone already mentioned, there should definitely also be your partner's claim and confirmation, because then if you're scum, it digs you in even deeper, but if you're town there's no big disadvantage.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:42 pm

Post by Plum »

milkshake wrote:
My bad, last line should read I wasn't notified because it didn't affect the action results Night 1 because my partner, not I, executed the action which could be RB'd (and it wasn't). Sorry about the miswording. We did have a result Night 1 because my partner investigated successfully. Oh, Spy, I see you asked the same question; answered here.

I had a result Night 1. The Rolecopping ability is shared; one of us can use it per Night. Night 1 my partner used it; the Roleblock on me did nothing. The result (including a 'blocked' result) is automatically shared straight from the Mod;'s mouth with both of us.
SocioPath Roleblocks Plum ---> No effect because Plum doesn't attempt an active action
Plum Investigates (someone) ---> No result because of dramonic's Jail, Mod tells us that
Thanks for clearing that up (really) but wow that is so handy for you and so mostly invented after it was made apparent that you needed it.

As I think someone already mentioned, there should definitely also be your partner's claim and confirmation, because then if you're scum, it digs you in even deeper, but if you're town there's no big disadvantage.
It actually wasn't made up at all, if you've been reading the last heap of pages.

Oh my partner, if/when you're around use your judgment and claim who you are and that you can verify all my info if you think it best. I doubt it'll be necessary because it's only the lying Milk officially calling for it now and I'd rather not do thus on the demand of an almost-certain scumbag. If we have more official calls for this from people we've discussed that we trust more, I'd say go ahead. If not, it's probably in the best interest of the Town not to do so.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by milkshake »

It actually wasn't made up at all, if you've been reading the last heap of pages.
It wasn't made up
now
, duh, but it wasn't exactly thoroughly explained up-front either.
Oh my partner, if/when you're around use your judgment and claim who you are and that you can verify all my info if you think it best. I doubt it'll be necessary because it's only the lying Milk officially calling for it now and I'd rather not do thus on the demand of an almost-certain scumbag. If we have more official calls for this from people we've discussed that we trust more, I'd say go ahead. If not, it's probably in the best interest of the Town not to do so.
If you actually follow through on this I'll be happy.
an almost-certain scumbag
So you really still think I'm scum?

So what we have right now, and what this boils down to after all the role-squirming, is this:

Dramonic roleblocked me on night one.
There was no death by strangulation on night one and there was one on night two.
Therefore, I must be scum who strangles people.

Forgive me, but that's either stupid or scummy. (And I don't like assuming people are stupid.) Remember, another mislynch (after that (again, forgive my severity) frankly idiotic KScope lynch) and all the night and day town deaths must be coming very close to an easy scum win. Smart scum would not at all be above doing what dramonic is apparently doing now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”