Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:41 am

Post by Taranski »

AndyTony wrote:and if your statement is true, then you've also suggested you're a PR in your wording.
Also, I hope this isn't a rolefish attempt.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:54 am

Post by AndyTony »

There is a difference between playing, and suggesting you are town - - and flat out telling us that your PM states you are "not scum" (that is a flat out role claim - and because you said "not scum" instead of "Vanilla Town" - you also suggest PR).

How can one role fish when you claim to be a protown player and base it off of your Private Role Message? You've flat out claimed.

Hence it's a gambit to do so as early as you have. We either have to accept it and move on (which as scum, plays in your favor) or we challenge it and you screw the town over/are decided as innocent (also screws the town)

It's either a gambit to secure your town identity (whether you are or not)
or a Gambit for town immunity if you're scum.
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:55 am

Post by AndyTony »

And don't play stupid as to what you did. You flat out Role Claimed, otherwise you wouldn't have found the need to ask us to "discuss".
Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Taranski »

AndyTony wrote:There is a difference between playing, and suggesting you are town - - and flat out telling us that your PM states you are "not scum" (that is a flat out role claim - and because you said "not scum" instead of "Vanilla Town" - you also suggest PR).
Are you slow? I roleclaimed being town-alligned... OMG THATS SUCH A SCUM GAMBIT. despite the fact that in order to play to win, everyone has to act like they are town. You honestly believe it's a gambit for scum to say they are town-alligned, that is completely ridiculous.
AndyTony wrote:How can one role fish when you claim to be a protown player and base it off of your Private Role Message? You've flat out claimed.
Also dumb, rolefishng is clearly not fishing for alignment. Are you serious? The point of the game for scum is to pretend to be town! What I did is nothing but a null-tell since it would make sense for both scum and town to make this statement. I don't understand at all what you are getting at.
AndyTony wrote:Hence it's a gambit to do so as early as you have. We either have to accept it and move on (which as scum, plays in your favor) or we challenge it and you screw the town over/are decided as innocent (also screws the town)

It's either a gambit to secure your town identity (whether you are or not)
or a Gambit for town immunity if you're scum.
Wow, so you are implying that because I made this statement, town has to come to an immediate decision as to whether they believe me? Why is this? A statement of this sort doesn't force town to accept that I am town.

I keep repeating myself... I don't see the logic behind your argument, my statement is not at all gambit, nor does it force town to make an immediate decision as to what my alignment is. It is completely a null-tell.

I don't want to comment on you saying i'm claiming a PR because I fear that that would just give away actual tells as to what my role is.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 am

Post by saberwolf »

vote: AT

He knew it was coming :P
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

Andy wrote:If YamiJoey actually cared/was motivated to vote based on a player confusing the town, his vote should have gone toward Taranski for the statement about the role PM comment.
Directing the town's votes is scummy.
Andy wrote:How can one role fish when you claim to be a protown player and base it off of your Private Role Message? You've flat out claimed.
Now he's misrepresenting Taranski.

I'm also curious as to why Andy only attacked Taranski for softclaiming when YJ clearly did the same in a more obvious way in his first post. Add this to the fact that neither of them are voting the other, and it looks like distancing to me.
Unvote. Vote: AndyTony.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:36 am

Post by AndyTony »

Taranski wrote:
I don't understand at all what you are getting at...........

I don't want to comment on you saying i'm claiming a PR because I fear that that would just give away actual tells as to what my role is.
You don't understand. That explains your negativity and immature aggression.

I'll use less confusing words as often as possible.
===============================================

1. You did not soft claim. You connected your allignment to your Role PM.

A soft claim is
suggesting
you are town, or saying you're
innocent
, or vocalizing how you care more about doing what's best for
town

And official claim, is stating your allignment in direct regard to your official role.

You not only made it clear that your Role PM from the MOD stated you were not scum (that was your claim) but you did not specify Vanilla Town, and tha above quote is an obvious allusion to a PR.

You know it wasn't a soft claim, you knew it wasn't the "same old, same old, players playing like townies" - you knew your claim was out of the
norm
because you went so far as to tell us to
discuss
it - - - why ask us to discuss something passive and normal?

You clearly knew you were making more than just a soft claim, and you did it to provoke conversation.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 am

Post by AndyTony »

@Nikanor

- so I know you actually have an idea of what you're talking about, can you please illustrate where in YJ's first post, he tells us his allignment based on his PM?

You've said he did the same thing, yes? Enlighten me.

I'd like to see if you actually have anything behind your empty statements, or if you were just opportunistically hopping on board with hopes more will follow without
thinking
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:40 am

Post by saberwolf »

I plan to tunnel AT,
again

I plan to lynch AT and have him flip scum,
again

discuss :P

I have the flu, so I won't be posting much quality stuff here at the beginning.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:45 am

Post by AndyTony »

Saber, you never post quality stuff.

And you are not the last post bandit. "Meme" beat you at that.

And had I known you were in this game, I wouldn't have stayed on.

@All & MOD

I recently played a game with Saber where he played so terribly, so stupid, so narrow minded, that had it not been for better players, he would have lost a town of 7 to a single scum (moi).

I told him his town play was disgusting and that I would never have any part of it or allign myself with it. I promised to never play with the idiot, and I keep my promises.

Please Replace Me - Final Post
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:54 am

Post by saberwolf »

haha, this"stupid player" pegged both Kise and AT as scum, and was right about both ftw.

Don't be so immature AT, play the game like a man...it's not like I'm replacing in. I'll have a good grasp on this game and not have to read 70+ pages.

Although I gotta say he's already playing like the last game he was scum in. He's getting really argumentative real easy.
Show

Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:57 am

Post by Taranski »

I "connected [my] alignment to [my] role pm". Point? Still don't see how you wouldn't expect scum to be willing to do this. Yes you are right in the fact that I do not get your point. I am pretty sure that I am on the correct side of this argument, and I am trying really hard to see where you are coming from.

I said "discuss" because I was making a joke. I honestly didn't expect anyone to actually discuss it expect maybe for a joke back.

Why would I specify if i was vanilla town or not? That would have been really stupid wtf.

I feel bad not that you are asking for a replacement because I feel like the argument annoyed you. butttttt all you look like is scum copping out when they know they're wrong and are feeling the pressure. I'd be down for your lynch...

but I mean, we have the rest of the day to talk so I'd rather not lynch you prematurely.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:07 am

Post by dramonic »

Well, the accusation he is throwing at Taransky is downright overinflated and ridiculous, that's a given.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Would like to point out that I was joining in on the RVS there.
Unvote
seeing as we've moved on from it.

@Nikanor
... I claimed? o.O I said "Mod: I love you" in reference to the rules where he said "If you want my attention post:
Mod:
then your message" and gave that as an example. I then voted for and referenced dramonic's post, as he said "NK-immune Miller Vig" of which there isn't one. I used this as source for humor.

Claim: Town allignment.

Discuss.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how that could ever be seen as a tell in any way. We are all claiming to be Town whilst not claiming any particular role.

I also believe that AT is attempting to get a full claim out of Tara here. (See: Tara@Post 25)

I believe that AT is starting terribly as Town or Scum here. I also think that if any full Town can't see past one player's mistakes, they deserved to lose, so your subbing out is, IMO, an attempt at trying to confirm the next player who takes over, (for whatever reason) or even use it to be able to later say "OK, don't sub me, I'll play through it." and attempt to embed that Townie image in other people's minds.

AT can no longer win that argument, as it'll just turn into WIFOM if he does, and that helps no-one, but it has to be known that there is the possibility it was going to be done.

I also think that AT was attempting to find a Town player to latch onto, and so is forcing small nothings into Scumtells.

YJ
Show
i l o v e s e c r e t a g e n t s

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

[b]V/LA on weekends a lot. Soz beefz.[/b]
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 am

Post by yabbaguy »

AndyTony stands up, proclaims his hatred for saberwolf, and immediately proceeds to smash open a window and jump out it. As everyone immediately looks five stories down to see what happened, they're immediately re-distracted by another person moaning and crawling out of the shadows inside the Complex itself. Who could that be?

Searching for AndyTony's replacement now.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Post by YamiJoey »

ZOMBIES!

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Toro »

AndyTony, whatta hothead. :lol:

Seriously I wouldnt've gotten that far pissed off over saberwolf being in the game, in a game that we were in that we both got out he played fine in my opinion.

At least that
should
confirm AndyTony's replacement as town.
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:23 am

Post by dramonic »

Wow Toro, if AT flips scum you just commited a real terrible scum-slip.

Unvote
Vote: AT
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:28 am

Post by yabbaguy »

VOTECOUNT:
AndyTony (3): saberwolf, Nikanor, dramonic
Toro (1): Taranski
Nikanor (1): Toro
YamiJoey (1): AndyTony (R)

Not Voting (1): YamiJoey

7 alive, 4 to lynch. Deadline is Nov. 15 at 7 PM EST.

By the way: (R) = seeking replacement, (P) = prodded

yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
YamiJoey
YamiJoey
Goon
YamiJoey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:35 am

Post by YamiJoey »

Whilst I believe AT is scum, I'm not hammering three weeks before deadline. Sort of want to see what any replacement has to say.

YJ
Show

Mafia/1-0
Town/0-0
Third/0-0

Taranski
Taranski
Goon
Taranski
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:45 am

Post by Taranski »

I kinda wanna hammer. Since I'm the curious type...
Also note that at this point, since it kind of seems like AT is the day's lynch [atleast 5/7 ppl want him dead] than we probably won't get too much deep discussion today...
unless...

dramonic, what was the scumslip?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

Toro wrote:AndyTony, whatta hothead. :lol:

Seriously I wouldnt've gotten that far pissed off over saberwolf being in the game, in a game that we were in that we both got out he played fine in my opinion.

At least that
should
confirm AndyTony's replacement as town.
You can't just confirm someone on something so fickle. Weither scum or town, AT's reaction was scummy and Toro trying to confirm him as town is just awful.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by dramonic »

Also, I'd strongly advise agaisnt hammering at this point.
I'm a hoot
Toro
Toro
Goon
Toro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Toro »

Thing is dramonic, it seemed that AT was genuinely pissed over having to play with saberwolf aligned on his side, and for him to
replace out
over having to be in a game with him is what made him come up town to me. So I'm completely against a AT/AT replacement lynch D1. The fact that you quickly jumped on the bandwagon is sending off alarms in my head right now, have you not realized there aren't even 50 posts in the game yet?

Quickest. RVS. Ever. So...
Unvote
Show
Overall Record: 4-4

Scum: 3-1
Town: 1-3
Indy: 0-0
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by dramonic »

Toro, you seem to be missing an important point. If he's scum, hammering him is good. If he's town and gets quick-hammered, the hammer has good odds of being scum.

I dont expect him to get lynched.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Open Games”