Mini 867- TTGL Mafia: GAME OVER: Roles posted.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Chaco »

Why couldn't it be entirely random?

Also, thank you Vi for agreeing Jester should just die.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Vi »

Chaco 50 wrote:Why couldn't it be entirely random?
For one, you didn't use dice tags, so there's no way to verify that it was entirely random... and for two, you even
gave a reason
for your vote (by implying that Jahudo had not been voted yet, so you were voting for him).

Why do I have to drag this out of you?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Seraphim wrote:Alright. I'm actually Kamina hence the Giga Drill Breaker.

I do have other abilities but it's not in my best interest to reveal them at this moment. Let's just say that for the moment I am unkillable and unlynchable.

For the moment.

I gambited and failed miserably. I was hoping to daykill scum...tch.
Seraphim wrote:It's called kicking reason to the curb. You'll understand once you've watched the anime.

Any other questions?
So...let me get this straight.

1. You daykilled someone a page into the game for no good reason.

2. You then claimed your complete role with no one voting you, even though if you actually were an unkillable pro-town player (or a temporarily unkillable one, or whatever), you wouldn't want to say that, you'd want the scum to try to kill you and fail.

3. Your claim is pretty absurd, just from a game balance perspective.

So, what does "being unlynchable" mean? What happens if we lynch you?

I, for one, am willing to try.
vote:Seraphim
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by Jahudo »

@Sera, are you still sticking to your SK claim? Or did you retract it?
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Jahudo wrote:What happens if we try to kill someone who is unlynchable? I feel like this question came up in a fl game before...

I'm willing to go along with Sera's claim for now. I don't need to know his abilities or junk, but he better not get lazy. Better not.

Vote: MonkeyMan576
You're willing to go along with his unrealistic claim, so automatically everyone else is?
What do you mean by unrealistic? The power, or the flavor, or both? And I don't know what you mean by "automatically everyone else is?"

I have no reason to believe or disbelieve his claim right now. With a fl game I know to keep an open mind, so I want to see how things unfold.
Vi wrote:
Jahudo 44 wrote:What happens if we try to kill someone who is unlynchable? I feel like this question came up in a fl game before...
1) It's in the rules.
2 @bolded) ??
1) What, the part about anyone being lynched regardless of them being in the game or not?
2) Tomato, tomahto. Lynching is a form of killing.
Vi wrote:
Jahudo 44 wrote:I'm willing to go along with Sera's claim for now. I don't need to know his abilities or junk, but he better not get lazy. Better not.
...or what?
Or he'll hurt the game's flow. Regardless, he's already made the vegas odds for an early exit. All too many times we've seen a player implode for one reason or another that hurt the town. I don't want to rush a lynch and find out he's town that gambited wrong.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
FOS: Seraphim

Claiming as an unlynchable, unkillable killer who happened to kill town day 1?

Sounds almost like a jester, hence the reason only an FOS and not a vote.
Um...so you think he's a jester with a daykill? Really?

Also, "let's not lynch X because he might be a jester" is a bad argument. If you think someone is a jester on day 1, you generally want to lynch them anyway.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jahudo wrote: ...or what?
Or he'll hurt the game's flow. Regardless, he's already made the vegas odds for an early exit. All too many times we've seen a player implode for one reason or another that hurt the town. I don't want to rush a lynch and find out he's town that gambited wrong.[/quote]

"rush a lynch"? Dude, with my vote, he now has a grand total of 1 vote on him.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm not Jester. That's just retarded.

What use does a Jester have for a daykill? Not to mention the other abilities I have. I was thinking of claiming Jester but couldn't think of a role from the show that fits the moniker for a Jester. So I decided to claim an incredibly scummy role instead.

The jester speculation is IMO incredibly scummy.

Allow me to repeat this again: I CANNOT be lynched for the moment. Attempting to do so won't end the day but it will be a waste of your time and mine. Let's hunt scum please and not the leader of the Gurren Brigade.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Jebus »

Vi: Why not?

Mod:
Can you confirm him unlynchable? What happens if we try to lynch someone who is 'unlynchable'?

Why would I ever do this at all? Sorry, you're on your own
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Yosarian2 wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:
FOS: Seraphim

Claiming as an unlynchable, unkillable killer who happened to kill town day 1?

Sounds almost like a jester, hence the reason only an FOS and not a vote.
Um...so you think he's a jester with a daykill? Really?

Also, "let's not lynch X because he might be a jester" is a bad argument. If you think someone is a jester on day 1, you generally want to lynch them anyway.
I think he might be fakeclaiming the kill in order to get lynched.

Seraphim wrote:The jester speculation is IMO incrediblyscummy.
What's scummy is expecting people to just assume you are telling the truth.

Vote: Seraphim

For now.
Yosarian2 wrote: I, for one, am willing to try. vote:Seraphim
Are you voting him thinking he is a jester, lying scum, or just to test his claim?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Vi »

Jahudo 53 wrote:
Vi wrote:
Jahudo 44 wrote:I'm willing to go along with Sera's claim for now. I don't need to know his abilities or junk, but he better not get lazy. Better not.
...or what?
Or he'll hurt the game's flow.
[stuff that isn't really relevant at all]
Is that really the best threat you can come up with? You don't seem to be interested at all in the possibility of Seraphim being scum.

@Jebus: You are not f-light and this is not a GTKAS thread, so I do not understand the question.

More people need glasses.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by xofelf »

O.O i have no discovered that bad punnage kills people.

all joking aside, where the fuck did that come from? I KNEW there was a reason i wanted to play an FL game.. you never know what the fuck is gonna happen.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Seraphim wrote:Allow me to repeat this again: I CANNOT be lynched for the moment. Attempting to do so won't end the day but it will be a waste of your time and mine.
:eyebrow:

If you can't be lynched, if it dosn't end the day, if it dosn't hurt the town at all, and it will confirm your claim, then it could only be good, right? Free information, confirming of your role at no cost to the town, could only be a good thing, if you're telling the truth.

If you were, I'd expect you would want a majority of the town to vote you ASAP, as well as self voting, so we could confirm at least part of your claim and then move on.

I'll admit, I'm rather skeptical; last time I saw someone claiming that on day 1, they were lying. What's even more frustrating, they were a lying pro-town role, and when we lynched them (because of course you should always lynch someone who claims to be unlynchable) it did serious damage to the town. So, if you're not actually unlynchable, please just admit it now and get it over with; otherwise, the correct pro-town move would be for us run you up and see what happens, and to do it right away so we don't waste any time.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by xofelf »

EBWOP: that should be now

and i'm very confused as to what happened... i'm gonna have to read that again.. but shock value is still at OMGWTFBBQ?
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Wow... Massive fail. If you are really Kamina, you suck at it. Way to screw town.

Anyways, it is true that the giga drill breaker post could mean that he is indeed Kamina, but it could have just as well been a bluff (he could have sent his choice via PM). So, no clue there.

The claim is highly unbelievable as the role would be really broken (even if it's momentary).

Btw, I once played a game with an unlynchable townie. He was lynched day 1, but he didn't die. The day just ended with a no-lynch.

In conclusion, though Seraphim's action may seem scummy, there's really nothing to prove his role wrong (other than speculation about the setup, which isn't good).
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MonkeyMan576 wrote: I think he might be fakeclaiming the kill in order to get lynched.
That is probably the least likely thing ever, especally since he posted in thread "BOOOOXMAANN!" and then shortly afterwards the mod posted a death scene that specifically mentioned Seraphim.

Yosarian2 wrote: I, for one, am willing to try. vote:Seraphim
Are you voting him thinking he is a jester, lying scum, or just to test his claim?
[/quote]

He's quite clearly not a jester.

I think there's a significant chance he's lying scum. Or, if he's town and telling the whole truth, then lynching him would also be in our best interests. At the very least, I want to get a wagon rolling on him and see what happens; there is a limited amount of random anti-town behavior I'm willing to take, and he managed to pass that in pretty much record time with no explanation yet.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Snow_Bunny wrote: In conclusion, though Seraphim's action may seem scummy, there's really nothing to prove his role wrong (other than speculation about the setup, which isn't good).
(shrug) Well, there's one easy way to test and see if he's telling the truth or lying. Let's lynch him and see what happens. If he's telling the truth, it won't even end the day.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:Wow... Massive fail. If you are really Kamina, you suck at it. Way to screw town.

Anyways, it is true that the giga drill breaker post could mean that he is indeed Kamina, but it could have just as well been a bluff (he could have sent his choice via PM). So, no clue there.

The claim is highly unbelievable as the role would be really broken (even if it's momentary).

Btw, I once played a game with an unlynchable townie. He was lynched day 1, but he didn't die. The day just ended with a no-lynch.

In conclusion, though Seraphim's action may seem scummy, there's really nothing to prove his role wrong (other than speculation about the setup, which isn't good).
So are you saying that unless a role can be proven wrong, you shouldn't be voted on or lynched?

95%(or more) percent of lynches aren't based on proven fact, in my experience.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:Wow... Massive fail. If you are really Kamina, you suck at it. Way to screw town.

No. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that, currently, his action is just a bunch of wifom, and thus nonconclusive for me to lay down a vote.

So are you saying that unless a role can be proven wrong, you shouldn't be voted on or lynched?

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

EDWOP: Screwed the post. Here's the good one:
Snow_Bunny wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:

No. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that, currently, his action is just a bunch of wifom, and thus nonconclusive for me to lay down a vote.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Snow_Bunny wrote:EDWOP: Screwed the post. Here's the good one:
Snow_Bunny wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:

Way to avoid my question. What level of conclusiveness would there need to be for you to vote? And WIFOM is only one element of the case against him. His actions seperate of WIFOM is scummy in an of itself.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Judging from all the reactions, MonkeyMan's is quite clearly the poorest:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I think he might be fakeclaiming the kill in order to get lynched.
With that being among many of his gems.

Unvote
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

SocioPath wrote:Judging from all the reactions, MonkeyMan's is quite clearly the poorest:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:I think he might be fakeclaiming the kill in order to get lynched.
With that being among many of his gems.

Unvote
How is that a poor reaction? I don't assume anything.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Vi wrote:
Jahudo 53 wrote:
Vi wrote:
...or what?
Or he'll hurt the game's flow.
[stuff that isn't really relevant at all]
Is that really the best threat you can come up with? You don't seem to be interested at all in the possibility of Seraphim being scum.
If he needs a prod, I'll come up with something. I am very interested in the possibility of Sera being scum, and when I find him doing something scummy I'll report it.

I'm treating his day-kill like a vidge that kills on Night 0 until I have a reason to think its a scum kill. I'm treating his claim like someone who's playing a gambit in a Tarhalindur-style game, which could become a good strategy as town. Do you think either of these things is scummy?
Yosarian2 wrote:I'll admit, I'm rather skeptical; last time I saw someone claiming that on day 1, they were lying. What's even more frustrating, they were a lying pro-town role, and when we lynched them (because of course you should always lynch someone who claims to be unlynchable) it did serious damage to the town.
Werewolves of Millers Hollow, that's the game I was thinking of too. He might be lying about his claim, and still be town. I just want to be sure what he is, because from what Sera's already done and said we should be able to decide whether we want to lynch him right now.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by SocioPath »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Sounds almost like a jester, hence the reason only an FOS and not a vote.
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Actually, the best strategy is to ignore them if you can. If you have no viable scum candidates at the end of day 1, they might be a good alternative, but it's better to go after scum than third party.
You other awesome reactions.

Anywho, time to find your scumbuddy.
Unvote
Chaco wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Actually, the best strategy is to ignore them if you can. If you have no viable scum candidates at the end of day 1, they might be a good alternative, but it's better to go after scum than third party.
Sorry to interject, but ignoring them is a losing battle. I feel it's best just to lynch them and get them out of the way, so long as it won't end the game.
Obvious coaching to scum buddy.
Vote: Chaco
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

SocioPath wrote:
MonkeyMan576 wrote:Sounds almost like a jester, hence the reason only an FOS and not a vote.
You other awesome reactions.

Anywho, time to find your scumbuddy.
Unvote
Chaco wrote:
Sorry to interject, but ignoring them is a losing battle. I feel it's best just to lynch them and get them out of the way, so long as it won't end the game.
Obvious coaching to scum buddy.
Vote: Chaco
Uh, whatever. You are quick to come to conclusions. You must be the best mafia player ever.

I still stand by my opinion on jesters, my vote is based on that his behavior has gone from being jester-like to scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”