(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

No questions.

Vote: Chinaman

Yes, totally bolded, totally real, no fakevote bullshitting to be found. I'm laying it down now.

Why:

*China was inconsistent, he wants to "ask permission before hammering", than hammers Jahudo without warning.
*China hops from Netopalis to me to Jahudo in the span of a few posts.
*Netopalis' cases against CSL appear legitimate and not distancing.
*Netopalis, as a whole, has made a significantly higher contribution level to the game than China or Cass combined.

I'm satisfied with my decision after ISO reading thoroughly, and ready to bottle it here. Good game, all. :)
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Yes, Yabba. Yes it was.

*cue evil laugh*
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

...you were srsly scum, Net?

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Netopalis »

I'm afraid so, Yabba. I hate to do it, you've been entirely too pleasant to me for most of this game...but yes, I am the mafia. Full discussion of my thought processes a bit later this evening, when I have a few moments.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

*shrug*

Hard to cut through all that anti-town and doc-confusion BS from China. Can't say I fault myself.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Netopalis »

You shouldn't. If it wasn't for his play, I would have never been able to pull that endgame off.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Yup Yabba, it's up to you. I've said my peace, but if there's anything you need clarification on, let me know.
Vote: Netopalis

I will say I'm sorta surprised that Net decided to NK ABR as he was more apt to just vote me, but it's a good play to confuse you and make it look like I was the one to do the action at night. Have you had a chance to go back and look at the reasons I thought Net was scum when I first came into this game? What are your thoughts about it?

There are a few things I would like to point out.
-He votes for you in RVS
-He has a semi-serious vote for Kham shortly after or at the tail end of RVS for her RVS vote
-p7 and p8 strike me as funny because it's both against ABR and Yabba, and he puts in a "possible RB" plug in there when he is in fact the RB.
-Votes CSL for being inactive. Keep in mind that CSL is his scumbuddy and isn't helping Net out very much. He unvotes and then has a hint of coaching in p13 an p14
-p15 he mentions the RB thing again which is a flat out lie since he got the PM that he was the RB. Hilarious.
-p17 defense of CSL
-p19 is straight up buddying to the most active and known town players
-p20 is where he buddies up to you again, points fingers and known town and me (Cass) which is also town, and really really hopes his inactive scumbuddy gets replaced.
-p23 wonders where the scum's replacement is. This is actually where I got my strong feeling for him being scum during my readthrough
-p30 and 31 looking to make ABR and Jahudo scummy (both known town)
-p32 to p42 he pushes for Jahudo and ABR being scum and then pushes really hard to get ABR lynched.
-p43 since no replacement is coming, he busses his partner for being scummy but has mentioned NONE of his own thoughts about CSL being scummy except early on when CSL was lurking and even then, he says TWICE he isn't voting CSL for a lynch, but for a prod vote.
-p45 he has to unvote ABR due to claim and goes to CSL "for now"
-p46 WHY WOULD NET RIGHT THIS AS TOWN? TOWN JUST CAUGHT A SELF PROCLAIMED SCUM AND HE'S PISSED ABOUT IT? (give this one a lot of thought Yabba, I think it's most damning and I would really like to pull a win for town even after my actions end of D2)
-p48 it's still really personal for Net as he just lost his scumbuddy D1.
-p49 separation from CSL, asks for the end of the day for no more scumhunting....really? town want to end the day when they don't have to?
-p52 fairly convinced 3 town are scum. to be fair thought Yabba, you only know 2 are town and I claimed doc and got CC'ed
-p53 he comments on his own night actions (in my experience a scum trait most the time...not always, but most the time)
-p66 and on is where I was involved and Net did enough to make me think it was either him or Jahudo were the scum, so I was ok with lynching one then the other for a town win. I will admit I think I went about it the wrong way tbh, but I was trying to confuse Net and make sure he didn't NK me last night so I could see his lynch today.

If you really look through his ISO, there is never an instance where he forms a full out case on anyone. He sorta just goes with the flow of whoever people are thinking is scummy. He has buddyed up to you pretty hard and went after everyone else that is town. He didn't claim Doc until after I claimed as I'm sure he was afraid that Yabba was Doc. If you notice my posts, they were very much pointing in that direction and because it was me doing the scummy stuff at the end of D2, he couldn't very well claim doc against the person everyone thought was most town. He was only free to CC me after he knew it wasn't you Yabba. All my points above are in viewing his ISO. There isn't much more for me to say unless you need clarification on my thoughts or have questions for me directly. It's now in your hands.
-
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Chinaman »

fuck! ninja'ed
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Chinaman »

fuck fuck fuck. could have at least let me post Yabba!
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by Chinaman »

w/e...way to go Net. TBH, I was more than a little rash in voting Jahudo. Dunno why I went that fast, but it prolly has something to do with me doing something very similar in another game and winning it for town. Thought I could pull it off here too. Ah well. Yabba, had you been not so rash to vote me without me posting, would my above post had you at least doubting your decision and maybe waiting for a little more discussion?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Incidentally, in re: 46, that's what I always post in re: an unforced scum claim....I really hate it, as they ruin the game.

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I mean, Cass was part of it, but your biggest mistake was playing doc like scum. I'm chillin' with the villain himself, and Net says that he's happy you did that, because now when you wind up acting scummy like that, and it comes down to your word against his in LyLo, I'm gonna hammer the scummy player, and would be stupid to do otherwise.

Don't play like scum just to avoid the NK. You've now seen the consequences of it first-hand. You gotta just stick it out pro-town throughout, it's your best bet. People believe you more that way.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Chinaman »

I read it as emotional response. Might want to avoid that in the future if you're scum again. Also, avoid comments about NK's either way as they are scummy most the time. The reason is because, unless you're scum, discussing them is pure WIFOM. Helpful hints for your next games.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Chinaman...No offense, but I think that you have the most to learn from this game of anyone....

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by farside22 »

Chinaman (2): Netopalis, Yabbaguy

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch

Chinaman

The town gathers and Neto and yabba bring Chinaman to the noose.
As the rope pulled tight and chinaman gasped his last breathe. Netopalis started a slow evil laugh.
He pulled yabba in tight and smirk at him.
Sorry fella I really liked you a lot, but you have to die too.
With a quick slit to the throat and a gasp of surprise. Yabba feel to the ground dead.

MAFIA WINS!!!!!!!
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Meh, what I did was semi logical and it worked in another game. I'll take it as it is though.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Setup wise: let's avoid this variant. While I obv. saw the one where scum win, it's too easy to claim in this game, thus leading to town-weightedness. Keeping it in a 4-possibility setup leads to more dispute over claims, which is good for a balanced setup.

Khel is the very definition of a known-flaker farside and I were discussing (albeit in an non-game related PM) and needs to not moderate again until he is absolutely satisfied he can do this and doesn't have to burn any barns instead. Also, Khel, if you absolutely must use Ctrl+F, try insisting on leading "#" symbols, which nobody can screw up so long as they don't forget. The colon's too easy to mess up and forget, or misspace.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Agreed on both counts. Khel still hasn't picked up my PM of 3 days ago. The game could have also been pretty much a lock had there been a massclaim on day 2 after CSL's admission....it would have went something like this:

Either:

1) I counterclaim, get lynched day 3 OR

2) I don't counterclaim, there are 3 possible suspects with 2 lynches - nearly an impossible win for the mafia.

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

So you obviously would've sided with the latter, but that would've left me, you, and Jahudo. We already saw Jahudo's neck wrung, and me vs. Netopalis... well, China would've gone for you, but you would've killed him because you're smart and ABR would've hammered me in all likelihood.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Jahudo »

This game did not have good scumhunting, and I take some of the blame for that. I wanted to get a good read on yabba first, but probably ended up giving others a pass for too long. Looking back, there were things I could have brought up from Neto that I could have made a case out of, but that's also with hindsight.

Good job playing shorthanded Neto.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

yabbaguy wrote:So you obviously would've sided with the latter, but that would've left me, you, and Jahudo. We already saw Jahudo's neck wrung, and me vs. Netopalis... well, China would've gone for you, but you would've killed him because you're smart and ABR would've hammered me in all likelihood.
Nah, I was just picking on you because I was bored. I didn't actually find you scummy.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Boredom is not an excuse to play anti-town on purpose.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I didn't think you were town either, I just had no reason for thinking you were scum. Voting for someone is not anti-town play.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”