The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Honestly, I don't see a lot of value to a pro-twn double voter and I am especially suspicious since elmo and his predecessor didn't claim it right away when people were talking about it. Why try and keep it a secret?

On the other hand, if elmo is telling the truth, then I suspect scum may have some ability to affect the votecount as well as a counterbalance.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:45 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Vote Count (Page 87, Day 3)

Papa Zito
-3 (LlamaFluff, chamber, VP Baltar)
Snow_Bunny -2 (Elmo)
SerialClergyman -1 (Battle Mage)
Benmage -1 (SpyreX)
Elmo -1 (SocioPath)

Not Voting:
Benmage, Papa Zito, Kise, dramonic, Plum, Snow_Bunny, stark, Vaya, SerialClergyman, Sajin, milkshake, tubby216,

Note:
Deadline will be at the earliest 11/14 at 5:00 PM EST. With 20 whole votes available, it takes 11 to lynch.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:48 am

Post by SocioPath »

Works for me.
Unvote
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:14 am

Post by dramonic »

Elmo wrote: dramonic: What do you mean, come clean? I'll vote someone if people especially want me to, but why would you want to lynch me? (It'd be rather hard to get through a game without voting anyone.)
I'm well aware of that, but without voting you were just creating WIFOM and when people don't cooperate with the town we lynch em.

That's been cleared now though. Thank you for your cooperation.

@SB: unless you have another power who will graciously end up being useless, you don't serve any purpose barring WIFOM now.

Vote: SB
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Plum »

Idea: who was it who kept encouraging Rosso/Elmo to vote Day 1 so we could see whether or not he was a doublevote? Kublai Khan. What was Kublai? Converter. Does doublevote mean auto-Council? Not as far as I know. What could Kublai's motivations have been to do that? Either to rolefish or to try to get Rosso/Elmo confirmed doublevoter, which some might press as auto-town. Who just basically did the same thing? Dramonic. Possible scumbags? Elmo, dramonic. Also worth noting is the fact that VP supported KK's push to test whether Rosso was a doublevoter.

Unrelated bonus: At least one of the following is true:

a) SP is not telling the whole truth about his role and is scum (or outside chance he doesn't know something important about his role)
b) Elmo is not telling the whole truth about his role and is scum
c) There is another RB-sorta thing going around like the flu

I hear SpyreX on Benmage (and Zito) but need to reread before I'm sure that's the best direction to take.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:59 am

Post by dramonic »

well, personally I believe giving scum a double-vote is extremely balance breaking.

Now where is that damn milkshake?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Plum »

dramonic wrote:well, personally I believe giving scum a double-vote is extremely balance breaking.

Now where is that damn milkshake?
That's betting that there are no ways around that, which is a bet I'm not necessarily willing to take. KK's interaction there is weird and he was scum.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:12 am

Post by dramonic »

Agreed, but that doesn't mean until further notice we shouldn't keep a DVer alive. We have nothing showing us the mafia team is particularely weak and would require a double vote to be back in the game, so...
I'm a hoot
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Plum »

dramonic wrote:Agreed, but that doesn't mean until further notice we shouldn't keep a DVer alive. We have nothing showing us the mafia team is particularely weak and would require a double vote to be back in the game, so...
But we do have the weird interaction with Kublai towards Rosso late Day 1. I haven't yet suggested that we lynch Elmo and I'm not voting him right now - but him being a DV is not going to get me to disregard that at all. If anything KK might have tried to use the doublevote proof, had it happened before he died, to push his buddy Rosso as nearly-confirmed Town. That's one thing the interaction might well suggest.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Elmo »

Plum wrote:What could Kublai's motivations have been to do that? Either to rolefish or to try to get Rosso/Elmo confirmed doublevoter, which some might press as auto-town.
Plum wrote:If anything KK
might
have tried to use the doublevote proof, had it happened before he died, to push his buddy Rosso as nearly-confirmed Town. That's one thing the interaction might well suggest.
Why, pray, are you pushing this while acknowledging rolefishing is plausible, but without giving any argument as to why Kublai being my buddy is actually more likely?

More to the point, why the hell wouldn't Rosso just outright claim double voter, or nonchalantly vote someone and let Kublai (and friends) loudly state that he must be town when people realise? You've compared Kublai's interaction to rolefishing - it appears Rosso was reluctant to reveal he was a double voter, and Kublai was trying to get it out of him. If Rosso was his buddy, why would Kublai need to do that? He'd just claim. Even as you stated it, it sounds a great deal more like rolefishing than anything else - that conclusion is quite unnatural, Plum.

SP, why did you block Plum (and subsequently me)?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Elmo »

Kise wrote:Elmo - Did you secretly vote for Kscope yesterday? I ask to see if Spyrex was able to vote or not.
No, I didn't. I can't secretly vote.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Elmo wrote:SP, why did you block Plum (and subsequently me)?
*eye twitches*
SocioPath wrote:
Vaya wrote:@SocioPath
If you don't mind though, could you explain you're reason for RBing Plum? I think she seemed rather town Day 1.
I make people cry, so I figured I'd do what I do best, and make a girl cry.
So I took from that and looked at females, and chose Plum. I mean making younger girls cry is my forte!

But really, gameplaywise I didn't like her stance on KMD.
SocioPath wrote:
Plum wrote:
dramonic wrote:oh for god's sake...

Kmd, why the fake daykill?
Scumtrap results positive, that's why. I think this is a Kmd-town gambit.
He hasn't been the only one with faux day kills.
SocioPath wrote:
Plum wrote:SP, who did you block last night?
I blocked Elmo last night.

Still don't like that player spot.

And if he really IS a pro-town double voter, as no one would know because he refuses to lift a finger to vote...

...then I wouldn't be worried about blocking him anyway since that kind of ability isn't a active night ability.

We also still have the phantom vote in the vote count.

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE ELMO VOTE SOMEONE. :evil:

Vote: Elmo
I swear that sometimes players have a post restriction as to where they have to make me repeat everything I've said endlessly, ad nausium.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by Elmo »

I did in fact see those, I'd like more detail.

What didn't you like about her stance on KMD?
What don't you like about my player slot?

It's probable that you've at least partially answered both of those before, but I'll get a different answer now since we know more in retrospect, you're likely to say more than previously if I ask you these questions directly, and I am not going to get through 87 pages very quickly in any case. :J

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Elmo wrote:What didn't you like about her stance on KMD?
SocioPath wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Hey sociopath, since you are apparently following the game enough to jump on the shiniest bandwagon, how's about you answer my questions....
I missed it, cause the same question keeps coming up, and I keep answering it, which makes you scummy in my eyes.
(And this isn't a 'miss it once and its buried in 80 pages' kind of keep asking either.)

I didn't like Plum's reaction to KMD's Daykill. She thought it was a new and miraculous tool, when KMD was like the 3rd+ trying to fake a Daykill.
Elmo wrote:What don't you like about my player slot?
SocioPath wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Oooooo SocioPath is bus'ing Rosso, too.
Man, I've been 'bussing' him from the beginning, cause I didn't like his play, or lack thereof. KK's obsession with him was unsettling as well. NOW I'M OBSESSED TOO! Whats more unsettling is people so quick to pass him off as a town double voter when it could just as easily be any other person in this game with the second vote.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by dramonic »

you may be the causer of weep, but at this rate Elmo is going to make you cry :lol:
I'm a hoot
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by milkshake »

Dead townies everywhere...

Those hammers were stupid if not scummy without a claim in my not-so-humble opinion. -.- (Not sure if I'm allowed to say "I told you so." :P )

This game sure took off on day 3. I've got some reading to do!
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Post by dramonic »

You could, but optimally not.

Milkshake, is your ability targetting or reaction
I'm a hoot
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:36 pm

Post by milkshake »

Milkshake, is your ability targetting or reaction
Definitely targetting. I targetted Kise so far...
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:52 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Ohhai. Rereading last night was enlightening.

I need
everyone's
views on dramonic plz.

TIA
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:01 am

Post by dramonic »

Kise, can you confirm this?

In the meantime
Vote: Milkshake

I've got good reasons.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:03 am

Post by dramonic »

Then again, the opposite could have occured...
I'm a hoot
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:58 am

Post by Kise »

I can't confirm, no. Only thing I can confirm is that the voteless player = my killer, if I die via day/night kill.

Although I have woken up these past 2 mornings and got the feeling that someone has been spooning with me.. from behind :?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:00 am

Post by Kise »

Papa Zito wrote:Ohhai. Rereading last night was enlightening.

I need
everyone's
views on dramonic plz.

TIA
Still
not
playing to his scum meta.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 am

Post by chamber »

Papa Zito wrote:Ohhai. Rereading last night was enlightening.

I need
everyone's
views on dramonic plz.

TIA
Still think hes scum.
Taking a break from the site.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:03 am

Post by dramonic »

Kise wrote:Although I have woken up these past 2 mornings and got the feeling that someone has been spooning with me.. from behind :?
*Grope grope*

The reason I ask these questions is because I have fairly strong reasons to believe Milk is responsible for hanging people.
I'm a hoot

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”