Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Messiah »

I don't see how you can justify saying that Hoopla tried to derail hiphop's wagon; as I recall she was instrumental in causing his lynch.

Sposh wrote: I also don't see why Alamaster has been forgotten about - as soon as he was in the spotlight, he went silent, and discussion moved on past him.
I haven't forgotten about him. While he has gone this long in-between posts before, the timing of it this instance is note-worthy.

@Peabody: Why aren't you voting? Who is the scummiest person in your opinion?

@CooLDoG: What kind of "action" do you mean?
It's times like this..
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by charlatan »

This is getting more interesting. I'm pretty much where I was last time I checked in. Thoughts on recent developments:

The idea that Hoopla derailed the hiphop wagon doesn't really hold water, since Hoopla's gambit was instrumental in pushing him over the line from "kinda sketchy" to "very sketchy", and his response to the gambit was, at least for me, the final nail in the coffin. I suspect I'm not alone in this. He was tossing accusations left and right for thin reasons (except for the Messiah semi-protection), but the fakeclaim outed him pretty thoroughly. As scum, he could be 100% sure that Hoopla was pulling something if Messiah is town and know he'd be proven right sooner or later, which would be reason to jump at Hoopla with a vote before learning more (which he did). This scenario makes the most sense to me, and also contributes to my thinking that Messiah is probably town. Empking's assertion that he contributed to the bandwagon by mostly avoiding it and that Hoopla derailed it by fueling it is not a good thing.
CooLDoG wrote:hmmmm..... AMG is at l-2 never notted that, maybe we should take some action on him,
So, I'd be willing to vote Empking over most people, but Almaster is not to be ignored. He's at L-2 now and, rather than defending himself anymore, has "conceded" the two cases against him and dropped off the radar. This makes me think that the he believes the new Empking/Hoopla argument (which is overshadowing him now) will draw attention away and he can skate on. Townies should never ignore or "concede" points raised against them; if nothing else it denies us the discussion, which we always need. I'm not satisfied that my vote has run its course yet.
- [color=navy] charlatan[/color]
[color=maroon]every sermon is not the gospel[/color]
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

nooooooooo I knew that post would come off wrong shit, shit, shit!

the last part of charlarans post is what I should have posted, action as in a force claim or somthing to get him back into the game, I don't like empking, but I keep my vote on AGM because I don't want to let his lurking slide.
after a wank.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Hey guys, sorry for the lurk. Just did a re-read and am currently going to
Confirm Vote: Sposh.
There are 9 reasons for this.

1) hiphop said a lot of things and talked to and about a lot of people. There is one person, however, he avoided talking to and about - Sposh. He only responds Sposh twice, and both posts about extremely trivial matters, almost as if the conversation was forced.

2) hiphop passively defended Sposh.
hiphop wrote:What does Sposh have to do with anything?
hiphop wrote:Why did you vote for Sposh?
3) Play at the beginning was odd and extremely coincidental. It's more likely than not that the 2nd post was fabricated.
hiphop wrote:I suggest a healthy birthday bandwagon on Hoopla instead >
hiphop wrote:Vote: Hoopla for using a dice roll!
4) Obsessed with Messiah lynch. Gives no reason except he "jumped on CoCo's post."
hiphop wrote:I really think Messiah is a good lynch for today! Thought it would be nice to see the encrypted information too.
5) Over-the-top reaction to D1 lynch result.
hiphop wrote:Whoooo yeah we got that scum! *dances*
6) Rolefishes.
hiphop wrote:The no kill is incredibly odd. Either we've got a town RB or a town Doc, I think. Question: would it be advisable for them to claim with their night action so we can automatically get rid of another scum?
7) Noob card.
I don't see why my idea was so bad! I mean, sure, we'd have a townie roleblocker or doctor out in the open, but we'd also be down one more scum. Surely that's worth something, right?
8) Votes for me based on something that I've been doing for the entire game because it suddenly affects him.

I will Vote: Alamaster because he voted me without even thinking about it or explaining it. It just seemed like a way to get the attention off of himself and onto me.

9) His entire posting attitude doesn't add up. His profile says he's 20 years old, but he uses exclamation points like a small child who just got candy for Halloween. It seems as though he is forcing this happy-go-lucky feel. I don't like it.

One thing I realize, however, is that I currently have zero town cred and am at L-2. I'm going to claim vanilla town. If you don't buy it, I don't really mind dying - just remember my case on D3 when the intent behind it is verified as authentic.

Current suspicion list:

SCUM

Sposh
CoCo
Messiah
Peabody
CooLDoG
Empking
milkshake
Hoopla
NewAgeWarrior
charlatan
- I am very hesitant to put this guy down here. He oozes town, but his play is so good it's almost
too
good. Be careful of letting him run the show. He could be very, very dangerous scum.
AlmasterGM

TOWN
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

agm why the heck did you put yourself onto your scum list? good case but too much lurk for me... your ideas on empking agm, I cinda want to know them, for my master plan of case building!
after a wank.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

CooLDoG wrote:agm why the heck did you put yourself onto your scum list? good case but too much lurk for me... your ideas on empking agm, I cinda want to know them, for my master plan of case building!
I simply copied the playerlist and arranged it in order of scum to town. As far as the case goes, I think it's dumb to not evaluate it because you think I lurked (look at the case, not the presenter), but whatever - lynch me, then look at it when you know it's true. As far as Empking goes, I still have a neutral opinion of him.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Peabody »

Messiah wrote:
@Peabody: Why aren't you voting? Who is the scummiest person in your opinion?
Sposh and Cooldog are on my preferred list to lynch. I am a bit indecisive at this point, hence my vote is not on anyone yet. There has been a lot of suspicious activity during this day phase.

Almaster and Empking I wouldn't mind being lynched. The thing about Almaster is he is playing just like his meta. He was town in the game I played with him, and he still did one-liners. Everyone tended to see him as scummy. As for Empking, I am not liking the way he is pushing his cases.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Peabody »

Oh, and Almaster, did you mean to quote Sposh?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Peabody wrote:Oh, and Almaster, did you mean to quote Sposh?
Yeah, my bad. For all the quotes except the first two, those are Sposh quotes, not hiphop.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by milkshake »

@milk, you nailed it nice to see that somone has read the topic! I am going to try to get empking to post more of his reasons for voteing me and for hoopla.
Uh, didn't I kind of bash you in the post that you say I "nailed it" with? Well... ok, I'll take it. :P

I'm still totally serious about Messiah by the way.
He was tossing accusations left and right for thin reasons (except for the Messiah semi-protection), but the fakeclaim outed him pretty thoroughly. As scum, he could be 100% sure that Hoopla was pulling something if Messiah is town and know he'd be proven right sooner or later, which would be reason to jump at Hoopla with a vote before learning more (which he did). This scenario makes the most sense to me, and also contributes to my thinking that Messiah is probably town. Empking's assertion that he contributed to the bandwagon by mostly avoiding it and that Hoopla derailed it by fueling it is not a good thing.
I think this is a huge misrepresentation of the situation. Hiphop's position as I recall was not against Hoopla, but "for Messiah"/against the Messiah wagon. (Nonsense about wagons causing lemming-like play.) I looked back and I can't find him jumping on Hoopla with a vote about the Messiah situation, so I'm not sure what you're thinking here. Overall you are working toward the same thing that Messiah was just saying earlier...
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Sposh »

I was also the first one to vote for hiphop, and I stayed on his vote and pushed for it.
AlmasterGM wrote:Hey guys, sorry for the lurk. Just did a re-read and am currently going to
Confirm Vote: Sposh.
There are 9 reasons for this.

1) hiphop said a lot of things and talked to and about a lot of people. There is one person, however, he avoided talking to and about - Sposh. He only responds Sposh twice, and both posts about extremely trivial matters, almost as if the conversation was forced.
I cannot help what hiphop does. How is that my fault??
2) hiphop passively defended Sposh.
hiphop wrote:What does Sposh have to do with anything?
hiphop wrote:Why did you vote for Sposh?
See above.
3) Play at the beginning was odd and extremely coincidental. It's more likely than not that the 2nd post was fabricated.
hiphop wrote:I suggest a healthy birthday bandwagon on Hoopla instead >
hiphop wrote:Vote: Hoopla for using a dice roll!
I think I said that, not hiphop.
4) Obsessed with Messiah lynch. Gives no reason except he "jumped on CoCo's post."
hiphop wrote:I really think Messiah is a good lynch for today! Thought it would be nice to see the encrypted information too.
I SAID THAT...NOT HIPHOP!! And I don't think I was obsessed with it.
5) Over-the-top reaction to D1 lynch result.
hiphop wrote:Whoooo yeah we got that scum! *dances*
Do you even know who you're targeting? I said that. And yes, I was happy and somewhat shocked that we actually got a bad guy on day one, since that really never happens from what I've seen!
6) Rolefishes.
hiphop wrote:The no kill is incredibly odd. Either we've got a town RB or a town Doc, I think. Question: would it be advisable for them to claim with their night action so we can automatically get rid of another scum?
That isn't rolefishing... I asked if it would be advisable because this is only my second game playing Mafia and I didn't know if it'd be bad.
7) Noob card.
I don't see why my idea was so bad! I mean, sure, we'd have a townie roleblocker or doctor out in the open, but we'd also be down one more scum. Surely that's worth something, right?
God, apparently I'm not even allowed to ask questions in order to understand the game better!
8) Votes for me based on something that I've been doing for the entire game because it suddenly affects him.

I will Vote: Alamaster because he voted me without even thinking about it or explaining it. It just seemed like a way to get the attention off of himself and onto me.
But not when the pressure was on you.
9) His entire posting attitude doesn't add up. His profile says he's 20 years old, but he uses exclamation points like a small child who just got candy for Halloween. It seems as though he is forcing this happy-go-lucky feel. I don't like it.
Well, if you don't like my exlamations points, then how about this?
Fuck you!
Because I type like this all the time, and I'm a happy person in real life. Sorry I'm not so super duper serial about mafia like you.
One thing I realize, however, is that I currently have zero town cred and am at L-2. I'm going to claim vanilla town. If you don't buy it, I don't really mind dying - just remember my case on D3 when the intent behind it is verified as authentic.
That's a safe claim... and why do you suspect CoCo?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by charlatan »

milkshake wrote: I looked back and I can't find him jumping on Hoopla with a vote about the Messiah situation, so I'm not sure what you're thinking here. Overall you are working toward the same thing that Messiah was just saying earlier...
I think I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking just about the encrypted quote. I'm referring to when she voted erratically a few times in a row (including for a player who isn't in the game) and he jumped on the opportunity to stick a vote there immediately (without even explaining why he thought her voting was worthy of a vote). After this she said she had information incriminating Messiah, and hiphop stuck to his guns vs. Hoopla for several posts before voting elsewhere.

This can be interpreted as him sticking up for a scum buddy or buddying up to town by not going with the Messiah wagon, but with the post-flip knowledge of his alignment both of these options really only make sense in the context of him knowing (or at least strongly suspecting) that Hoopla was making something up.

To distill it all to a single point: Hoopla's Day 1 play magnified hiphop's scummy behavior by a large amount and does not at all seem to me to have been an attempt to derail that bandwagon.

------
Peabody wrote:Almaster and Empking I wouldn't mind being lynched. The thing about Almaster is he is playing just like his meta. He was town in the game I played with him, and he still did one-liners. Everyone tended to see him as scummy. As for Empking, I am not liking the way he is pushing his cases.
To clarify, I am not voting him for one-liners. I am not sure who is.

------

Note this fun part of the anti-Sposh case where Almaster indicts himself:
AlmasterGM wrote: 8) Votes for me based on something that I've been doing for the entire game because it suddenly affects him.
The "something" is voting without explanation, which Almaster confirms he's been doing all game. I consider this a scumtell, if I haven't mentioned it by now.

------

That said, Almaster's case on Sposh is interesting. He's basically correct about a lot of things, and Sposh's Day 2 play has been questionable. Even the fact that Sposh has just corrected Almaster's quoting repeatedly is a little suspicious in my opinion, since Almaster posted a correction already and this would suggest that Sposh isn't reading the game (at least not closely.)

This is probably a ditch effort to deflect attention elsewhere when he's close to a lynch, and the claim does nothing for me, but since I also find Sposh scummy I'm in a bit of a predicament in that I don't think now is a logical time for Almaster to try and run a bus over a scumbuddy. I guess I'm bogging myself down in WIFOM in that case, as my gut says he wouldn't do this but that instinct would be helpful if they
were
buddies. I'll have to watch Sposh more closely in addition to rereading.
[color=navy]more or less done here; will maybe consider invites or replacing into your game if you're in a bind on a case-by-case basis. (low probability.)[/color]
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

I've already conceded two cases on me - a small self-indicit is a relatively small addition to my rap sheet. I don't expect to live significantly longer in this game - if I don't die this round, I'll certainly be off at some point in the near future. I'm just trying to be helpful before that time comes. Odd, I know, but if you look at my play history, I'm actually not a bad person.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by charlatan »

Nobody's suggesting your a bad person. I'm sure you're a very nice person.
charlatan
charlatan
Goon
charlatan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by charlatan »

you're/your.

Ick.
milkshake
milkshake
Goon
milkshake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by milkshake »

To distill it all to a single point: Hoopla's Day 1 play magnified hiphop's scummy behavior by a large amount and does not at all seem to me to have been an attempt to derail that bandwagon.
Well that I agree with...
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Empking »

Messiah:

Three questions. All serious.

1. Have you heard of bussing?
2. Do you deny that Hiphop had three votes, the majority of which were serious near the beginning of the game?
3. Do you deny that Hoopla softclaimed and when she did so, the wagon on Hiphop vanished?

Milkshake: Same questions plus three more.
4. Do you deny that Hoopla mislead the town in her softclaim?
5. Do you deny that Hoopla mislead the town, derailing the wagon on scum?
6. do you think its a leap to say: Hoopla mislead the town in orsder to derail the wagon on scum?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I dod see the agm meta and it looks to me like he played the exact smae way in some/ if not most of his games. I don't think one-liners is good for a lynch nether is a lurk for a d-2 lynch, but as you may know he is at l-2 which could mean that we can get some information from him, and with that might
A)lynch him
B)not lynch him and take our chances
C)lynch on the info he gives
D)lynch him and IF (caps not to signify I think he is scum or not) he flips town we lynch next on his advice

As for empking, why do you still have your vote on me, more over why do you have your vote on. This time I don't want some type of gay answer, I want a nice straight one, is that too much too much to ask?
after a wank.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:10 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

More votes on Sposh, please. His responses to my case are awful.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by Empking »

CooLDoG wrote:I dod see the agm meta and it looks to me like he played the exact smae way in some/ if not most of his games. I don't think one-liners is good for a lynch nether is a lurk for a d-2 lynch, but as you may know he is at l-2 which could mean that we can get some information from him, and with that might
A)lynch him
B)not lynch him and take our chances
C)lynch on the info he gives
D)lynch him and IF (caps not to signify I think he is scum or not) he flips town we lynch next on his advice

As for empking, why do you still have your vote on me, more over why do you have your vote on. This time I don't want some type of gay answer, I want a nice straight one, is that too much too much to ask?
I have my vote because somebody is scummy.
I'm voting you because you're scum.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Sposh »

AlmasterGM wrote:More votes on Sposh, please. His responses to my case are awful.
Care to back this up with facts?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Messiah »

AlmasterGM's case on Sposh is certainly legitimate, but neither that nor the Vanilla claim change anything for me.

Peabody wrote:The thing about Almaster is he is playing just like his meta. He was town in the game I played with him, and he still did one-liners. Everyone tended to see him as scummy.
I don't think anyone has voted Almaster for one-liners. Was there some other part of his meta you were referring to?
Empking wrote:Three questions. All serious.
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.

The reason I say that you can't really justify saying Hoopla tried to derail hiphop's bandwagon is simple: You're saying her gambit was an attempt to derail his wagon, but I don't believe he would have been lynched at all had it not been for that gambit.
It's times like this..
Messiah
Messiah
Goon
Messiah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Messiah »

EBWODP

@Empking: Why is CooLDoG scum?
It's times like this..
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:29 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I asked that to him exactly 4 times now, he has yet to give an answer. I ask one more time:

@empking, to no one else just you and only you:
tell me why you are:

A)voting me
B)why am I scummy
C)post your case on me
D)Tell me why you couldn't tell me before

last but not least if you can't answer all of these to full compleation I will vote for you without regrets
Will vote FOS:empking

Now why can't we all play nice a use the form above and post and answer all of them in one post, not two or three but one single post. I know it is taxing of you to post so much but try just this once to answer those four very easy points, thats all you need to do.

~eagerly w8ing for a response~
after a wank.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Sposh wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:More votes on Sposh, please. His responses to my case are awful.
Care to back this up with facts?
Sure.

Fact #1: Half of your answers are completely non-responsive.
Fact #2: The other half are terrible. They are either a) scumtells in and of themselves, or b) terribad.

Satisfied?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”