Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Doombunny - Two things. Firstly, it's entirely possible that Chaco could be lying about his alignment as well - at death, both come up as pro-town neighbor but are secretly scum. Second, if the reveal is genuine, there's another interesting fact...Jan Valentine was a vampire, yes, but he was a vampire who was created through artificial means - the implant of a chip. The series makes a huge distinction between the FREAK chip vampires and the genuine vampires - the game could as well. You're right, though, that flavor discussion doesn't help out a great bit....As for a roleblocker, I'd be more shocked if we *didn't* have one.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Neto wrote:Two things. Firstly, it's entirely possible that Chaco could be lying about his alignment as well - at death, both come up as pro-town neighbor but are secretly scum.
That would be epic if it did happen but let's think for a moment. Do you think there would really be scum fake neighbor reverse-miller roles? Although, given your role I won't be TOO surprised if it happened :P

[quote="Neto"Jan Valentine was a vampire, yes, but he was a vampire who was created through artificial means - the implant of a chip. The series makes a huge distinction between the FREAK chip vampires and the genuine vampires - the game could as well.[/quote]

Well that's one thing skimming through wikipedia won't tell you XD. Thanks for that knoledge.

Also, the mod just forgot to give me my PM :roll: There are currently 4 vampires alive right now.
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Chaco »

Yeah, I'm a Freak Vampire, as was my brother Luke(Looker). That is why I believe that Doombunny is scum and should die. If he had known more about Hellsing, he'd know that Jan got into a fight with Integra. His last fight. I can in no way see them on the same side. And I believe it's fairly staggeringly obvious that I'm town, because my role was posted.

Vote: Doombunny
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:23 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

So why did Looker do that?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Netopalis »

Chaco, hold your horses, this doesn't mean that Integra is scum....We also know that Pip Bernadotte was town, and he worked for Integra.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Netopalis »

Ok...I think it's time that we move things a bit more towards the substantive side as far as discussion goes. Clearly, a massclaim is going to give us no information, although theming DOES seem to have some sort of say on who is and isn't scum. I really don't like Chaco since the day change - he's moving very hastily, as if he's particularly scared over somtehing.

Forbiddan is moving more and more towards the pro-town side. Doombunny also is actually looking better in my opinion, since he's trying to progress game discussion and seems to be in earnest. Right now, my two main suspects are SSK and Konowa, Konowa for reasons that I posted yesterday and SSK for his short, fluffy posts which look like game advancement but are not. I also feel that SSK is trying to give us as little to work with in his posts as possible, something that really makes him blip on my scumdar. See especially his first post, in which he is apparently too busy to read the thread (which wasn't TOO long at the time) and requests a summary.....why a summary from Doombunny? Also: a summary doesn't help you catch scum whatsoever....

For now, I'm going to go ahead and
Vote: MafiaSSK
, although consider that vote subject to change.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Vote Chaco

Even if the reveal is genuine, there's a good chance the neighbor isn't pro-town. I have to leave to go back to school from home, but I'll fill this in with reasons later today, consider this a placeholder for my opinion.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:52 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Vote Chaco

Even if the reveal is genuine, there's a good chance the neighbor isn't pro-town. I have to leave to go back to school from home, but I'll fill this in with reasons later today, consider this a placeholder for my opinion.
I haven't read the game yet, but its ridiculously silly to suppose scumminess from neighborhood.
Most neighbors are usually both pro-town. It is actually quite rare that they are not.
Show
Why, yes, I do exist simply to make your life a living hell.
Win-Loss
Town: 10-3
Scum: 5-2
Serial Killer: 0-2
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:53 am

Like I said, it's a placeholder.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:00 am

Post by magnus_orion »

there's a good chance the neighbor isn't pro-town.
Like I said, it's a placeholder.
forgive me if I fail to see how your "placeholder" should be treated any different from a "genuine" opinion.
Show
Win-Loss
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, there's one other thing that's been bothering me. Looker was a nazi vampire if I'm not mistaken. Even if Neto is correct in saying that he was a reverse-death miller it still leaves chaco being a town sided nazi vampire.
Actually, the Valantines were NOT Nazi vampires, and had very little affiliation with Millenium IIRC.
Vote Chaco

I disagre with this logic, actually. I'm taking the neighbor claim as null.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:26 am

Post by magnus_orion »

on page 9.
I've seen enough to wonder why shooty is still alive

vote: shooty
, but only based on pages 1-9 and the start of day 2.
also, amished was obvtown, sorta sad he's dead.
Continuing reading.
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:09 am

Post by magnus_orion »

done reading
The only possible motivation I could see for looker's actions was avoiding the scum nk, which is stupid.

I'll proceed under the assumption that there is only a town and a mafia with the following reads. I don't feel like thinking about sks and stuff atm.
Anyway, DB is town.
FL is town
fuzzylightning is idk
Albert is probably town, but not definitely
Netopalis is town
konowa is idk
chaco is town
mafiassk is idk
shooty is scum
I'm more protown than the rest of you... who am I replacing...
oh! fuzzylighting, whom I didn't have a read on. That's convenient. Okay so fuzzy was town.

k so we have

town
<- the good guys (don't lynch)
Magnus
DB
FL
Albert
Net
chaco

??
<- probably should be considered for noose fitting
konowa
mafiassk

scum
<- lynch these ones
shooty

now analysis:
mafiassk replaced archon who hos'd confscum before leaving, and really didn't vote anyone townpoints++
konowa felt like based on the positions he was making, he should be voting the confscum a lot more during day 1, but stuck to other wagons for some reason. townpoints--

So, konowa leans scum while ssk leans town, and I should note I pretty much skimmed the game and then posted my gut reads.
Show
Win-Loss
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:43 am

Post by Netopalis »

Who is your "confscum", why do you waffle on Forbiddanlight between your list and your analysis and can I get a bit more expansion on your opinions?

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:56 am

Post by Chaco »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:So why did Looker do that?
I have no earthly clue as to why, I didn't get to talk to him in Pre-game. It was just more or less, saying we were there. After that, it was Day 1, so we no longer could talk.

Anyways, look back upon D1, and notice where I said "blah blah blah Why do I think Integra is scum? blah blah and Strong Flavor." Get why strong flavor makes sense now? Integra "pretty much" killed Jan. Shot him in the face multiple times, but he finished it off by setting himself on fire. Anyways. I cannot see Integra and Jan being on the same side. Even if she's not scum, she wouldn't be town.

And Net, I have nothing to be scared off, and I don't see where you're drawing this from. I wasn't even moving hastily, it was more than likely my quick jab posts as I didn't have internet access. I was using my phone.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Netopalis »

Chaco: How do you deal with Incognito being scum, though? I clearly can't see him and Integra being on the same side either.

Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:12 am

DB is clearly town after re-reading Kik in ISO, pushing his lynch is pointless. Could you guys refresh me on who Incognito was, it's been a while since I watched the anime.

Unvote, Vote ABR

Not so sure of my Chaco vote after a re-read, though I felt like he blew with the town breeze on D1, but I suspect him to be town if my current vote is correct. All the original points on Saber still stand and look at the way confirmed scum kept him from getting lynched while he was at L-1 and called for his replacement. Post numbers 391 and 411 pretty much confirm DB as town and Saber as scum to me. (13 and 15 for Kik's ISO, 17 is also a point against Saber.)
Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Chaco »

That's what makes this game interesting. The character links, are definitely not as they should be.

Luke and Jan served for Incognito, but as you know, Luke flipped town. Anyways, let's not push that envelope.

I dunno really. I'd say it's null, looking deeper into it now. The links just make zero sense.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:26 am

Post by Netopalis »

SSK: Incognito was the Big Bad, the white vampire that they ended up fighting towards the end of the series at the Tower of London. And I think that the links CAN make sense, given the right scumgroup...What you have to realize is that, in Hellsing, the character links are very complex. Almost every character has multiple groups to which they belong. The Integra ability makes me think that true vampires is the group, but I'm not 100% sure.

Chaco
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Chaco
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Chaco »

I can see Helena and Incognito. But not Alucard with them.

And what of Seras?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Netopalis »

Alright....I'm getting tired of all of this theme discussion, since I don't think it's getting us anywhere. Therefore, I'm going to post a quick summary of the possibilities for groupings of characters in hopes that we can move on a bit...

Note that the following assessments are predicated on the ideas that A) all current claims are valid and B) all members of a given group are mafia.

Cleared groups:
Hellsing Organization (Cleared by Integra, Pip Bernadotte)
All Vampires (Cleared by Jan Valentine)
FREAK chip vampires (Cleared by Jan Valentine)
Iscariot Organization (Cleared by Alexander Anderson)
Soldiers (Cleared by Pip Bernadotte)
Loyal British subjects (Cleared by Pip Bernadotte)
The Roundtable (Cleared by Integra)
The Wild Geese (Cleared by Pip Bernadotte)
Non-British Subjects (Cleared by Alexander Anderson)

Possible groups:
True Vampires (Would catch Incognito)
Millennium Organization (May catch Incognito, depending on how you read the series)
Non-humans (Would catch Incognito but may fail depending on how you interpret the storyline with Alexander Anderson)

I'm probably missing a few, but I think that covers most alliances. Additionally, there may be a game mechanic regarding the master relationships (Integra/Alucard and Alucard/Seras Victoria, among others)

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:52 am

Post by magnus_orion »

Netopalis wrote:Who is your "confscum", why do you waffle on Forbiddanlight between your list and your analysis and can I get a bit more expansion on your opinions?
forbiddanlight is town. I don't waffle.
confscum is the dead one. kik was it?
Show
Win-Loss
magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 am

Post by magnus_orion »

if you want expansions, you'll have to be specific. Frankly I'm not up to posting descriptions as to why for each.
Show
Win-Loss
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Netopalis »

Well, frankly, I'm not up to dealing with your laziness.

Unvote, vote:Magnus_Orion

magnus_orion
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
magnus_orion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by magnus_orion »

should I write that off as an emotional knee-jerk or do you actual consider my unwillingness to post a complete analysis on several players on a day I hadn't even been planning on posting on in the first place to be scummy?

also shooty is trying to lynch someone off of the scum's unvoting them, which is a scum indicator for the scum, not for the person they're voting. Why are you doing this?
Show
Win-Loss

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”