Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by Yankee »

I feel like such a noob now, but i just wiki'ed Town Drunk on the Mafia Wiki and i didnt find anything about it. Only thing i found is something about a bounty hunter that will miss if he is drunk or something? What exactly is a town drunk and what does it mean for the town. (I am assuming he is a pro-town player?)
Town: 4-4-0

Mafia: 1-0-0
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:39 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
EK, regarding your 716 (the part that was addressed to me)...I've got no freakin' clue. The playstyles do strike me as similar, but it's so pro-town, I have a hard time voting you for it. I'm not placing a vote based wholly on meta. And to respond to the first line of 716: I think it means we have a town drunk.
I actually don't think I played that game very well. Charter called me scum and almost vigged me and I only got away because he shot the paranoid cop instead. I also lurked a lot early since I don't have confidence in myself as scum.

I also went along with things in that game that I think are anti-town and I would never go along with as town. Like no-lynching and ecto's plan to let me live even though there was a night result that pretty much said I was scum. My town philosophy is to rely on scum hunting more than strategy and to follow the things that have the greatest chance of being true (like a power role with a guilty means lynch the guilty result... if there is a special circumstance deal with it later).

I think my playstyle is different from town to scum, but maybe that's just my perception of it. People that have played with me as both seem to know pretty well what the difference is.

My advice is just to question anything about me you don't like. And hopefully you will be able to tell the difference.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I don't know what a town drunk is either. I feel funny, because I'm not a noob. But I don't think I've seen it before. Atleast not that I can remember. Is this a trendy new role?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:42 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Sorry, I kinda am still a noob, but I joined MS and Epic Mafia (a chat mafia site) about the same time, and drunk is more common there. Drunk is basically a town roleblocker, which really helps if you have a lot of scum PRs. Although, it could just be a post restriction, perhaps hinted to in the D1 lynch scene. But if it is a post restriction, why would Batt be looking for a replacement? And is he looking for a replacement? So many questions...
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:52 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So Town Drunk is a pro-town role blocker that makes the target be drunk the next day (and maybe unable to post?)?

I think nacho said GD was being replaced, but I didn't see that in Batt's posts. How did you know that, nacho?
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
And this is no where in particular, but to answer your question, yeah. Greendude is getting replaced.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:55 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Bah, founds it:
Batt wrote:*GreenDude failed to pick up his prod, and is being replaced
So I guess he was hit with drunk, and is being replaced?
Talk nerdy to me.

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Well, like I said, it could be just his type of character, not role, but just character, as evidenced in the D1 lynch scene.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I remember when I first joined MS that I was in a game where I was a mafia goon that could hit another player with a posting restriction that made them only be able to post in emoticons for the day. The town drunk thing reminds me of that a bit, but kirby says the role is mainly used as a pro-town role. I would say that the choice of GD probably hints that the role is pro-town too. GD was lurking. Scum has no reason to silence him, but town might do it because lurking is inherently scummy.

Anyway, we can deal with that later when it comes up. Maybe GD replacement can help a little, telling us what being drunk actually did to him. Might have to wait another day for that if he can't post today though? Nobody was drunk D2 though, right?

We probably have three scum, I think. That's normal in a mini game. I'm not sure the effect of a jester though, since that hurts the town, might mean less scum, or maybe just more town power. I'd say probably count on three scum. If it's less, that's a good thing. But we should plan for worst-case. And I don't think there's 4 scum. That's too much, especially with a jester.

So I have a strong town read on kirby and socio. That would mean that there are three scum in this group of five:

Yankee

Nacho

GD

Pome

Chibo

I am still probably most suspicious of
Yankee.
Budja went on all easy wagons D1. Yankee replaced in and voted shanba without really reading the thread. Rolefishing. Bad news.

Chibo
very agressive and tunnelled on Shanba. Those things are not bad in my book. However, I don't appreciate the effort to "trap" snowbunny. I also don't like his reaction to nacho's vote today. I am unsure here. Getting his read of all players may help me question him and decide, so Chibo, please do this.

Pom
-
laid back, sort of unhelpful in general, and similar to a game I saw her as town. However, for somebody so laid back, I think she's been on both lynches. Zazie thought she was scum. She started today trying to float the idea that maybe I would want to kill zazie. She had a bigger incentive, IMO. It's WIFOM, and I admit that zazie could have been killed simply for being so annoying. With Pom, I think it would help to "look to the wagons" as Shanba advised. Perhaps discussion with that will help.

GD
- lurker. I really don't know much about him. I want to iso him, see what I can find before he went AWOL.

nacho
-
has had some good points. I am somewhat conflicted on him because I am conflicted on Chibo. And I feel one of them is probably scum, but I am not sure which one. I don't want to set up a false dilemma, because
maybe neither is scum
. I just have a gut town read on chibo despite some really scummy actions. And I have sort of a gut suspicion on nacho despite some pretty town actions. The polar opposites I get on them make me think one is scum and one is town, but I could be wrong. Nacho was fairly lurky for a while and his vote was useless yesterday sitting on chibo when chibo didn't have a chance of being lynched (I think that is where my gut suspicions lie).

I guess I will
vote: Yankee

He's the only person I don't really have a conflict about.
Talk nerdy to me.

Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Pomegranate »

I haven't heard of a town drunk before either, but I haven't been on the site for more than a few months...

Chibo- I think his "trap" D1 was kinda weird (aka a bit scummy). The fact that he won't present his case on Shanba atm doesn't help. He even said that we could lynch him today if Shanba flipped town. But what bothers me is that I don't see scum motivation for that, but I guess scum couldv'e wanted a myslynch badly. I think that means that there could've been a scum lynch they were trying to prevent. That would seem to mean that one of the scum was close to lynch, probably Budja/Yankee. His OMGUS case against Nacho doesn't help.

Yankee- Budja didn't really do anything yesterday, and I didn't feel like Yankee did either.

Nacho- This
could
be bussing, so I'm being careful, but I do think that Nacho's case on Chibo makes sense.

GreenDude- We really need to hear more from his replacement, as he's been mega-lurking.

I feel are town:
Socio
Kirby
EK

The Zazie NK was not something I expected. Don't scum usually want to keep townies under suspicion alive to be lynched the next day? As stated previously, this may or may not be Wifom.

Atm I'm torn between voting Chibo and Yankee.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Not sure who to vote for now, as my top suspect, ZazieR, was NK'ed. Right now, if I were forced to vote, I would have to choose between Chibo and Nacho Libre. But those suspicions are based on tunneling; Chibo on Shanba D2, Nacho on Chibo toDay. But of course, regarding Chibo's tunneling, I also voted for Shanba; and regarding Nacho's tunneling, my assumption is based on the theory that Chibo is town. I have yet to see a valid case on Yankee. Taking the "easy" route is not always scummy.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Kirby, please don't fail to note that my "tunneling" has been going on for a little more than 24 hours. In toher words, I wouldn't exactly call it tunneling.

Gut feeling on Greendude is saying that he just lost interest. And as for his scene... I just had the feeling that it was part of the death scene, mainly because I doubt Battousai would make any inferences about someone's role ingame like that...
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

True, but there's still the fact that you haven't expressed suspicion on anyone else yet. Who's your #2?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

My second is easily Greendude because of his failure to scumhunt, his lack of content, and the simple fact that all of his content was "will post more later". Unfortunately, I'm getting a gut feeling that it was more due to disinterest than anything (I've probably said that before).

My third is suspect is Socio. He's a little on the quiet side, and his "I find it easier to read people when they attack me" shenanigan seems to encourage townies in leaving him alone.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Yankee »

you do have a point there Nacho, in all you said. I believe Greendude just lost interest and never came back, so i dont find his lurking scummy. And as for Socio, i do believe too many people are considering him almost as if he were confirmed town. Albeit i havent found anything scummy with what he is said, but in my experience it is always the people that are really really townie that end up being scum, well at least in most of my experiences (RPG is exception to this, if you remember him Nacho xD)

Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Kirbyoshi »

That's what I wanted from Nacho. I don't agree with his #2 or #3, but he gave a Top 3 scumlist.

Vote: ChiboSempai

He said we could lynch him...
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Yankee »

Even scum can make up a list of 2-3 townies that would be most suspicious in the eyes of the rest of the town. His scum list does not prove his innocence...

Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote Count:

ChiboSempai (2)- Nachomamma8, Kirbyoshi
Nachomamma8 (1)- Yankee
Yankee (1)- elvis_knits

Not voting (4): SocioPath, Pomegranate, ChiboSempai, GreenDude

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Edited to include Yankee's vote
Last edited by Battousai on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yankee
Yankee
Goon
Yankee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Yankee »

Did my vote not count in post 719? :(

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
his "I find it easier to read people when they attack me" shenanigan seems to encourage townies in leaving him alone.
That doesn't even begin to make sense.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Sociopath wrote:
Also, I'm not liking all this favoritism of me.
I'm not used to playing in game where every player isn't attacking me at some point.
People should start making cases on me.
I find it easier to read those that are attacking me.
In this post, you practically dare everyone to make a case on you, saying that you find it easier to read those that are attacking you. To me, I read that you will look more closely into someone that attacks you as opposed to anyone else. A townie who is not 100% sure of your scumminess will be reluctant to attack you in fear of having a weak argument used against him. Do you understand now?

Sociopath wrote:

I'm so used to being attacked in games, that I find I can more accurately gauge the alignment of attacks on me. When a multitude of people are attacking me, I can better determine which are coming from scum, which are coming from town, and which are coming from VIs.
With everyone and their mother throwing me in their town lists, I lose a fair-sized chuck of my methods.
Luckily I'm adaptable, so I'll manage regardless.

But really, me saying that is a win/win for me. XD
Because if people find me scummy for me saying to make cases on me, then if I am scummy for that, then they'll start making cases on me!
Again, bragging of your expertise in using people's arguments against them.

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Do you understand now?
Do I understand now? Really? I could "understand" it before. I understand its full of holes and logical fallacies.

Nachomamma8 wrote:
A townie who is not 100% sure of your scumminess will be reluctant to attack you in fear of having a weak argument used against him.
No townie is ever 100% sure of anyones scumminess.

And why would a townie be afraid to attack me? You are arguing the exact opposite of what I'm saying. I think it is you who doesn't understand.

If I get a better read on people that attack me, and a townie attacks me...then obviously its easier to gauge whether or not that attack originated from a townie. You are seemingly trying to twist my words to make it sound like every case and attacks I do is nothing more than OMGUSes.

Really, gathering from what I said, you should have come to the conclusion that it should be SCUM that should be afraid of attacking me. Town has nothing to worry about.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Well Yankee, the fact that he suspects Socio, an unpopular target of criticism, in my mind is a towntell. However, Socio says he gets good reads on people who attack him--if he can build a believable case on Nacho, I'll move my vote.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SocioPath wrote: And why would a townie be afraid to attack me? You are arguing the exact opposite of what I'm saying. I think it is you who doesn't understand.

If I get a better read on people that attack me, and a townie attacks me...then obviously its easier to gauge whether or not that attack originated from a townie. You are seemingly trying to twist my words to make it sound like every case and attacks I do is nothing more than OMGUSes.[/color]
A townie would be afraid to attack you because you sound like the only case you make on people stem first from their attack on you. So, it wouldn't be unreasonable at all for a townie to be wary of attacking you as an unpopular target because they realize they will be the only one doing so, and thus your main target. And if you're telling the truth, then of course you will find something... There is always enough to make a lynch look convincing on anyone who is actively participating; you just have to look hard enough.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
And why would a townie be afraid to attack me? You are arguing the exact opposite of what I'm saying. I think it is you who doesn't understand.

If I get a better read on people that attack me, and a townie attacks me...then obviously its easier to gauge whether or not that attack originated from a townie. You are seemingly trying to twist my words to make it sound like every case and attacks I do is nothing more than OMGUSes.
A townie would be afraid to attack you because you sound like the only case you make on people stem first from their attack on you. So, it wouldn't be unreasonable at all for a townie to be wary of attacking you as an unpopular target because they realize they will be the only one doing so, and thus your main target. And if you're telling the truth, then of course you will find something... There is always enough to make a lynch look convincing on anyone who is actively participating; you just have to look hard enough.
SocioPath wrote:
You are seemingly trying to twist my words to make it sound like every case and attacks I do is nothing more than OMGUSes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”