Mafia 102: No-Frills Game Thread(Town wins!)

Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Scigatt »

You know what, screw the damn move, mass prod coming shortly.

Also...

---------------------

Super Accurate* Vote Count(as of post 575):

malpascp - 1(mask man)
WarWound - 3(le Chat, muh316, Pomegranate)
crypto - 1(X_~)
muh316 - 1(Sando)
bigmc109 - 6(WarWound, charter, Empking, SerialClergyman, malpascp, crypto)
charter - 1(hiphop, EtherealCookie)
Pomegranate - 1(Kaiveran)

Not Voting:bigmc109

*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
Last edited by Scigatt on Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by crypto »

Scigatt wrote:
You know what, screw the damn move, mass prod coming shortly.
Wicked bad ass.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by charter »

Yeah, still waiting for replacements.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Sando »

muh316 wrote:just want to let everyone know Im alive. I just dont know what to post.
You're right Serial, Muh is clearly town... I must be out of my mind to think he's scum...

Serial, you've stated to me personally and within this thread that you like to eliminate 5-6 people as basically town and then go from there. Who are your 5 people? And considering you've said this:
Serial wrote: I am of the school that looks to pick about 5 people as town on D1 and be prepared to lynch any of the rest, almost irregardless of scumminess
How come you utterly refused to move onto another BW and actively attacked people for not following you and begged people not to do what you earlier stated was your D1 school of thought? You seem to have changed gameplan today, any reason why?

God I hate meta.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Post by mask man »

I'm alive and well, thank you for the concern mod. I have posted with my 'moving sucks' st00f, thought we could relate there. I assume you just prodded anyone that hasn't spoken for 12 hours though.
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by crypto »

mask man wrote:I'm alive and well, thank you for the concern mod. I have posted with my 'moving sucks' st00f, thought we could relate there. I assume you just prodded anyone that hasn't spoken for 12 hours though.
Everyone got prodded. I did, at least. Anyway, the moving excuse is getting broken. I had a town read on you. You should post.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Scigatt »

mask man wrote:I'm alive and well, thank you for the concern mod. I have posted with my 'moving sucks' st00f, thought we could relate there. I assume you just prodded anyone that hasn't spoken for 12 hours though.
crypto wrote:Everyone got prodded.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

How come you utterly refused to move onto another BW and actively attacked people for not following you and begged people not to do what you earlier stated was your D1 school of thought? You seem to have changed gameplan today, any reason why?
Fair question. Mostly I've ocnvinced myself of a bigmc case, which kinda sucks because I have a bad habit of tunnelling, but I rarely see a better D1 lynch than this one, so might as well fire up and get things done. Also - when I see scum when looking for town I have a better accuracy rate, so I'm rolling with it.

I have had a town read on charter since about 3 posts in. I've genuinely tried looking for town reads elsewhere without luck, so c'est la vie.

crypto - Woot! I knew that pointing out we'd accept busses would gather a few more into the fold :D

But seriously, gogo wagon. Let's get this done.

Mod - if it's not too much trouble, could you add a line in your vote counts saying how many needed to lynch? IE 12 people alive, 7 needed for lynch? That'd be a big help. Thanks.
I'm old now.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by crypto »

Pom's the best lynch insofar as obvious scum safety. I'd say BMC is for information, but I don't really think it yields much. If we were to lynch him and he did flip town, all eyes would turn on Charter, and to a lesser extent on you. Hmm. I guess a scum flip on Pom would lend credence to the BMC-scum theory, and vice versa. I'm still not comfortable with a BMC lynch. Some of his posts seem not to match his experience and his obvious capacity for pro-town logic. But a lot of the time he looks plain town. On the other hand, 99% of Pom's posts just scream, "Hang me!"
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Scigatt »

SerialClergyman wrote:
Mod - if it's not too much trouble, could you add a line in your vote counts saying how many needed to lynch? IE 12 people alive, 7 needed for lynch? That'd be a big help. Thanks.

From now on, sure.
FYI:9 to lynch, 6 at deadline
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Sando »

I can see why Bmc looks scummy, what I'm not sold on is that this is one of 'the most obvious D1 lynches ever'. From what I can see he made a fairly innocuous comment about voting someone tomorrow, and some people have a meta game on him based on 1(?) scum game?

He did what I, and others, thought was an opportunistic attack on Staples, but his willingness to back that up when attacked over it makes it seem less opportunistic. Someone who jumps on the wagon and never defends the position (or even posts) seems much more opportunistic and scummy to me.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by SerialClergyman »

Actually I disagree. When I started pressuring him he naturally fell back to the reasons he was voting Staple and stuck to them. That's exactly what I'd expect scum to do, because the whole point of lynching the VI is that there's stacks of vaugely anti-town things to point to.

The flow of the game, the position on the wagon, the target and the willingness to deflect off onto another wagoner on a town flip, the meta... it just fits very nicely.
I'm old now.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Empking wrote:EC: Why is Charter scum?
Hm.
I don't know, do you read posts?
I don't like how he's pushing so hard to get a person lynched. It's odd.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by hiphop »

mod: I will answer the vote count with this
Scigatt wrote:
*Not guaranteed to be accurate.
Pom is voting for staple who is now WarWound. Do you really think that the flakers really should get 48 hrs, when that have already not posted for over 96?
SerialClergyman wrote: not to mention a willingness to turn on someone who voted with you on the wagon if you were wrong. That's scummy.
Is that not what you are going to do if you are wrong?

@muh here Directed at you. Since Bmc seems to be the topic replace staple for bmc. How about a scum list.

@charter Why have you not responded to me yet?

@malp- What is the reason for your vote?

@EC if someone believes someone should get lynched, should they not push hard? Look at Bmc, crypto, and Sc. They can't all be scum, yet they all have pushed hard for a lynch at one time or another.

@Bmc- when you do get back, do you still find Staple's spot scummy?
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Post by Scigatt »

hiphop wrote:Do you really think that the flakers really should get 48 hrs, when that have already not posted for over 96?
I don't think 24 hrs. is enough, generally, if that's what you're asking.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:31 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

@EC if someone believes someone should get lynched, should they not push hard? Look at Bmc, crypto, and Sc. They can't all be scum, yet they all have pushed hard for a lynch at one time or another.
There's a difference between pushing hard and pushing too hard. There's not a good enough reason to lynch him, yet he keeps acting like the choice is an obvious one and tells people to hurry up with lynching him.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by Empking »

EtherealCookie wrote:
There's a difference between pushing hard and pushing too hard. There's not a good enough reason to lynch him, yet he keeps acting like the choice is an obvious one and tells people to hurry up with lynching him.
Why didn't you answer my question?
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:08 pm

Post by malpascp »

When is the deadline?
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:17 am

Post by crypto »

I'd like everyone to refer to the second part of post 574 and give opinions—strong, logical opinions,
not fluff
—on the points I laid out against Bigmc109. That includes you, shifty-eyed Empking of holier-than-thou posts. :P

Malpascp, the mod won't impose a deadline unless activity falls apart. It's up to us.
Scigatt wrote:
If a deadline is imposed, the required number of votes may be lowered.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:33 am

Post by crypto »

Oh, and that includes you as well, SerialClergyman. And don't you dare spew "BMC wagon is yum and your points are yum and go, go Gadget Quick Lynch!"
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:37 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Empking wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:
You have a thing called a brain. If you read my post, I'm sure you could come to your own conclusion.

Furthermore, why don't you actually contribute instead of asking pointless questions that are one line, every single time you come to post? Honestly, it seems like you're active lurking.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Empking »

EtherealCookie wrote:
Empking wrote:
EtherealCookie wrote:
You have a thing called a brain. If you read my post, I'm sure you could come to your own conclusion.

Furthermore, why don't you actually contribute instead of asking pointless questions that are one line, every single time you come to post? Honestly, it seems like you're active lurking.
What do you consider contributing?
Do you conasider asking leading questions contributing?
Do you consider testing the waters with your suspicions without putting out a more concrete proof of your suspicions, contributing?
Do you think I should bae my scum hunting on what I think you mean rather than what you actually mean?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:52 am

Post by crypto »

EtherealCookie, you should always directly answer questions like this, for clarity's sake. While I understand your irritation, dumping excess suspicion on yourself is a bad idea, and avoiding direct answers to questions of any sort is fishy.

Both of you should respond to my survey (593), by the way.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:52 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

Honestly, I mean look at these posts.
Vote; BigMc - His early posts seem to be scummy with him changing Charter's plan and presenting his changes as the original.

FoS; Crypto His "never had a scum role PM".

Charter: Why is Hiphop scum?
Not a great reason to vote for someone. I'd have accepted an FoS of BigMC for that, but if that's your sole reasoning for voting for him, it was terrible.
Vote; Crypto

I think that the Crypto wagon is likely to be scum based especially when it passed the two votes mark.
So... You expect scum to bandwagon on Crypto when you've announced the fact that the only reason you're voting on Crypto is so the scum jump on the bandwagon?
unvote

Vote: Muh

I'm feel that the Staple bandwagon is scum lead (though I am seeing it as perhaps bussing) and with Muh's "I'm not bandwagoning" I feel he's scummier than Crypto.
You voted on feeling, not reasoning?
Its obviously scum-led.

You and Muh are far more scummy.
Calls two people out for being scummy without a case, for some reason.
FOS: EC 383
Why oh why would you FoS someone for getting defensive over their gender?
Unvote Vote: bIGMC

I'm not liking his reactions to Charter.

Muh; What are your thoughts on 435?
You don't like his reaction to Charter? He called him out for being so defensive of Staple. How's that scummy?
BigMc: In regards to 447. Why do you think people find Muh and co scummy for parrotting you, when most of the players for Muh's lynch find you the scummiest?
Another one line question. The player will then proceed to respond with one line, and you'll find out nothing about them. Yay.
Why do you think people find Muh scummy for parrotting you?
Same thing. You just asked him again, because he failed to respond.
No.

Are you scum?
If you ask scum if they're scum, they'll say yes for sure. /endsarcasm
Charter; Thoughts on Kkai?
WW; Thoughts on Charter?
More small little questions that aren't contributing much.
Do you consider testing the waters with your suspicions without putting out a more concrete proof of your suspicions, contributing?
Do you think I should bae my scum hunting on what I think you mean rather than what you actually mean?
What do I consider contributing? Actually genuine scum hunting, not asking one line questions.
"Leading questions?" What do you mean by that?
Testing the waters with suspicions is not contributing. It is active lurking if the player is doing it all the time.
I don't know, what do you think I mean? And if you knew what I actually mean, then wouldn't what you think it means be the same thing as what it actually means?

And out of those four questions, I found nothing very useful in the goal to lynch scum.

With that in mind, I'm going to call you out for actively lurking. If it was just lurking, I might understand, but it's usually scum that tries to make it seem like they're contributing.

Vote:Empking
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Empking »

EtherealCookie wrote:Honestly, I mean look at these posts.
Vote; BigMc - His early posts seem to be scummy with him changing Charter's plan and presenting his changes as the original.

FoS; Crypto His "never had a scum role PM".

Charter: Why is Hiphop scum?
Not a great reason to vote for someone. I'd have accepted an FoS of BigMC for that, but if that's your sole reasoning for voting for him, it was terrible.
Worst than your "X is willing to lynch me"?

BigMc was the scummiest player with a concrete very scummy action so I voted him while giving that as a concrete reason.

Vote; Crypto

I think that the Crypto wagon is likely to be scum based especially when it passed the two votes mark.
So... You expect scum to bandwagon on Crypto when you've announced the fact that the only reason you're voting on Crypto is so the scum jump on the bandwagon?
[/quote]

I meant Staple. My mistake.

unvote

Vote: Muh

I'm feel that the Staple bandwagon is scum lead (though I am seeing it as perhaps bussing) and with Muh's "I'm not bandwagoning" I feel he's scummier than Crypto.
You voted on feeling, not reasoning?
Reasoning and feeling. As can be seen by me giving reasoning.
Its obviously scum-led.

You and Muh are far more scummy.
Calls two people out for being scummy without a case, for some reason.
I was responding to a specific point by BiogMc and I had already given reasons for Muh.
FOS: EC 383
Why oh why would you FoS someone for getting defensive over their gender?
Because its active lurking.
Unvote Vote: bIGMC

I'm not liking his reactions to Charter.

Muh; What are your thoughts on 435?
You don't like his reaction to Charter? He called him out for being so defensive of Staple. How's that scummy?
It was the way he said it.

(His way of trying to defend himself by calling out Charter.)
BigMc: In regards to 447. Why do you think people find Muh and co scummy for parrotting you, when most of the players for Muh's lynch find you the scummiest?
Another one line question. The player will then proceed to respond with one line, and you'll find out nothing about them. Yay.
I would find oput something about them.
Why do you think people find Muh scummy for parrotting you?
Same thing. You just asked him again, because he failed to respond.
Please do not lie. I asked him again because he asked me to rephrase the question.
No.

Are you scum?
If you ask scum if they're scum, they'll say yes for sure. /endsarcasm
Can you give a reason for not asking it?
Charter; Thoughts on Kkai?
WW; Thoughts on Charter?
More small little questions that aren't contributing much.
Questions make the world go round.
What do I consider contributing? Actually genuine scum hunting, not asking one line questions.
"Leading questions?" What do you mean by that?
Testing the waters with suspicions is not contributing. It is active lurking if the player is doing it all the time.
I don't know, what do you think I mean? And if you knew what I actually mean, then wouldn't what you think it means be the same thing as what it actually means?

And out of those four questions, I found nothing very useful in the goal to lynch scum.
I did.
With that in mind, I'm going to call you out for actively lurking. If it was just lurking, I might understand, but it's usually scum that tries to make it seem like they're contributing.
What have you contributed?

Crypto: I don't see the point in making a big post on how I agree with you.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”