Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I should have changed "reading and crap" to "reading the crap"

Firstly, you people talk way too much. Now some points

Snow White: Do you consider yourself a good new player, a bad new player a good experienced player or a bad experienced player. Answer from the above four choices.
Sanjay: Why are you protecting Lowell in 81? Is he your lover or are you just bored?
Dramonic: Do you think leading the town is scummy?
EtherealCookie: I like you. How do you feel to this?
Saberwolf: You talk too much. And your logic hurts my ear drums
Wickedejstr: Do you always talk so much nothing?
Mufasa: What's the point of a question?
My Milked Eek: Your 269 and 286 was funny. Good job

Reckoner is town
Allmightybob is town
My Milked Eek is town

All the rest suck
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:41 am

Post by saberwolf »

FaerieLord wrote: Saberwolf: You talk too much. And your logic hurts my ear drums
[whisper]pfft, fine then *secludes into silence*[/whisper] :P
Show
saberwolf XIX (2:53:59 AM): what do you know about bigger and better? >.>
drench394 (2:54:04 AM): um
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

The Last Post Bandit strikes again!
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I never said you talk loudly, now did I?

Do you think long posts are helpful or harmful to town?
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 am

Post by saberwolf »

FaerieLord wrote:I never said you talk loudly, now did I?

Do you think long posts are helpful or harmful to town?
you said I hurt your eardrums, so I figured a softer tone was in order :P

I think it depends on the situation. For example, it's really hard to make a really short ISO. Then again, it's usually not helpful to town when a couple people get into quote wars and make walls of text.

I don't think I've been making that many long posts. I'm no mastin or andytony, I just post what needs to be addressed. I actually haven't talked in a really long time now, I've been busy with other games, as well as real life, so this game has been low priority as well as I plan to watch and make notes for a substantial post later, but yeah.

I still have SW questions to get to, I haven't forgotten.
Show
drench394 (2:54:13 AM): i've been going through puberty for the better part of a year now

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:09 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Starbuck wrote:@ Wicked - Because if I find flaws with my predecessor, I do like to point them out. But apparently, according to you, I can't do that? You seem to think so via the following two posts...
Wickedestjr wrote:The bolded portion is scummy. I don't know why she would point this out if she were town. Which is enough a reason to find it scummy itself, but that is not the reason I pointed it out. I think she was worried that we might find her scummy for trying to make her predecessor seetm townie, so she decided to make the bolded comment. This combined with my scum read on nook is giving me bad vibes from Starbuck so far.
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Quite a hypocritical post from Nook in Post 143.

So? Why are you pointing it out?
I don't see any reason why a townie would point out the scummy things that their predecessor did. Why do you think it is a good idea to post the scummy things your predecessor did? What reason did you do it?

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:Do you still find this wierd after reading the whole thread?

Because, Snow White has already explained this.
Maybe I just haven't gotten to that yet?
Alright. On a side note, I suggest you first finish your analysis before responding to people's comments on it. I just think it would be better.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:You [Sanjay] then go on to praise Wicked for the question,
Where?
You wrote Sanjay in that post and this was directed at Snow White, so I have no idea what you are getting at here.
Oh I thought this was directed at Sanjay. Regardless of who it was directed at, please tell me where it happened.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:4. So you voted for Lowell because of what happened in another game, and this is supposed to do what for this game?
Stupid question.
Why is it? She explicitly stated that she voted Lowell because of the previous game they were in.
That doesn't change anything. I won't explain why until Snow White has responded though.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:You need to attack the argument not the person.
Why?
Because otherwise, it's considered ad hominem. You shouldn't personally attack the person that you are scumhunting, you need to be attacking their behavior/their argument.
I have voted many people for making bad arguments alone. I see no problem with it.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Now that I've read farther, I see that you did misread it, and I can see how you would do so.
Then why did you point it out in the first place?
Because you went on and on about it, and you were called out on it multiple times. It shouldn't take that many times to be called out on something to look up Lowell's two posts in ISO to see what people are talking about. It definitely feels like you were ignoring the situation here.
Really? I went on and on about it? Please show me all the posts that make you feel this way. Because I asked the question in my first post, and then didn't say anything about it until Sanjay pointed out that I misread it. As soon as he did I admitted my mistake. So this is wrong.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:1: Serious strawman here. 2: How and when did he claim to be scum? 3: Last I knew, claiming to be scum in any role (town, mafia, independent, etc) is against the rules here at MS.

1: Yeah I know. Why are you doing that?

2: I have explained this. On his very first post he votes himself and says "let's skip the RVS". I thought this implied he was pretending his vote was serious. I also thought that this meant he was pretending to be scum and voting himself in order to skip the RVS. I also came to the conclusion that he was pretending this in order to get us out of the RVS because I don't see how he was intending to get out of the RVS if that wasn't what he was doing.

3: Really?
1. Yeah, you know what? And Why am I doing what?

2. You said he CLAIMED scum. He never once CLAIMED scum, and you just said so right here. You stated what you THOUGHT he IMPLIED, not what he actually DID.

3. The point of mafia is to hunt out the scum. If scum claims as scum or others claim as scum, they pretty will ruin the game for everyone else. I would figure that this is knowledge that would be known prior to ever playing a mafia game.
1: You said "Serious strawman here." My response to it was pretending you were talking about this point and agreeing that you were strawmanning me
here
. Because that is what it is if anything.

2: I thought he was jokingly claiming scum. That's what I thought the post implied. I thought he wanted us to think he was jokingly claiming scum, so I went along with it. I'm sorry if my interpretation seems wierd to you. I didn't understand how he was intending on skipping the RVS with that comment alone if that wasn't what he was intending.

3: I just didn't know it was a site rule. But come to think of it, I remember seeing a game where that happened.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:1: So explain to me how Saber's vote on Snow White was a random vote because I honestly don't see it. 2: She had been posting nothing but fluff and adding barely anything to the game at this point. 3: He did state a reason of "competing bandwagons are useful for town IMO", which is not random. I definitely think you are misrepresenting him. 4: I'm also concerned with the fact that you keep trying to push for a response from Saber about your vote when really you voted for him based on some pretty horrible reasons. 5: You keep stating over and over again that he placed a second random vote when he didn't.

1: I thought it was random because he didn't actually give a case at the time of the vote. So I just assumed the vote was random.

2: This wasn't one of the reasons he gave at the time of his vote. And also, I don't think she was the only player that was posting fluff. This was very early in the game.

3: See my response to 1.

4: I kept pushing for a response because he hadn't given one. I didn't realize my mistake until he did.

5: Alright. I've realized my mistake and I'm not doing it anymore. Not much more I think I can say.

Okay Starbuck is scum.
1. You assumed and were told multiple times that Saber's vote was not random, and you never went back to see this fact. Another instance of you ignoring what actually happened and twisting it for your own purposes.

2. She may have not been the only one posting fluff, but she was posting damn well most of it.

3. How can you say he didn't post it when he voted her? You may want to check out this link, and look I'll quote it for you too!
saberwolf wrote:I have decided to:

unvote; vote: Snow White

because competing BWs are useful for town, IMO.
It may not be an altogether good reason, but it still is a reason which makes his vote NOT random.

4. What do you mean that you didn't realize your mistake until he did?

5. Got nothing for this one.
1. Multiple times? This is bull. I realized my mistake the first time it was explained to me.

2. It was very early in the game, like I also said. Who cares how much fluff a person posts in the RVS? I don't.

3. I'm not saying he posted it when he said it. I just assumed it was random because he didn't really give a case. I didn't interprate the purpose as a serious one when I read it.

4. I meant that I didn't realize it until he explained it.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Currently the person I find most scummy is Snow White.

Vote: Snow White

Very convenient.
How so?

I have made a case on her.
I just find it a bit convenient that you happen to vote the person that most of the others suspect. I'm not using it against you, I just find it convenient.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:One thing that does bother me so far (and I haven't finished my analysis yet) is that it seems like Wicked and Snow White are trying their best to tiptoe around each other. It seems like a very fine line between distancing and buddying.

Examples?
Noting this because I will provide this after I finish my analysis.
I'll be waiting for it.

Starbuck wrote:
Wickedestjr wrote:
Starbuck wrote:I love how he casually enters the game six pages in at Post 130, and then he votes Lowell who hasn't been around since the start of the game. Seriously dude, you haven't been around either, why don't you try scumhunting?

I think this point is incorrect.

How so? Read him in iso and click on the link next to his first post. If I am still incorrect on this point, then please point me to where I can be corrected.
I didn't think Santos was voting Lowell for not being around.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am

Post by FaerieLord »

@Saber: Yeah I was addressing your earlier posts. Trend changed

Let me tell you what I think about long posts.

I think they're shit, especially if they're full of quotes, and especially if they're rebuttals.
But even if it's an ISO, I think it's shit
Even if it is a PBPA analysis, I think it's shit.

Go back to Snow White's long ass post. See how many people said "thoroughly read" and how many people used "skimmed" afterwards

I can basically write a load of shit, and nobody will say anything. Nobody really reads it. Everyone just tells their brain to stop working and skip it.

So they're not protown.
saberwolf
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
saberwolf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:17 am

Post by saberwolf »

FL: From now on I demand that any posts you make consist of 25 words or less, because I hate long posts :P

ok, I'm done joking around with you, I got your point. Unfortunately you don't always get what you want. Now hopefully my next post is a scumhunting one.
Show

FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:24 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I can do that.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Quote wars fail pretty hardcore.
green shirt thursdays
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

EtherealCookie: I like you. How do you feel to this?
A/S/L?
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by almightybob »

DeathNote wrote:Here. No opinion. Mufasa has bad posts.
No opinion? Nowhere
near
good enough.
You've made 7 posts all game. Your last one was on page 13. A lot has happened since then. Read it.

You can start by telling us which of Mufasa's posts are "bad" and why.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I skim over the quote stuff... which happens to be most of those pages.

I don't like Mufasa's posts based off a gut feeling.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by almightybob »

You skim over quote stuff? Quoting things people say and showing how they're scummy is how cases are made. If you don't read any cases, what's the point in playing?

Gut feeling is poor. Maybe good enough for you, but you need to be able to show the rest of us that your gut read is justified.

This is very unimpressive DN. Put some effort into the game, or replace out.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Well now I have no opinion at all if my gut feeling is not acceptable.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by almightybob »

A gut read is only acceptable for the person who has the gut read. I'm not you, so I'm not experiencing the same gut read you are. If you can't demonstrate to the rest of us that Mufasa is scummy, how can you expect us to take your read seriously?

Do you have any intention of actually trying in this game?
I'm a townie! Honest!

DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I am trying. This is all I have come up with so far.
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by almightybob »

There's no way that after 17 pages, you have no reads on anyone other than a gut scum read on Mufasa.
Please go back and read the last few pages properly, and come back with opinions on what has been said.
That
is trying.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Sposh »

I'm here guys... I'm going out of town tomorrow, but I may be able to get internet access while at the beach!
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Stop working so much, slut.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

slash going out of town.
green shirt thursdays
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

xRx wrote:I'm pretty sure Starbuck is townie. I played in a game with her as townie, and she's playing pretty much exactly the same this time around. I do, however, think that BC is scum. I can't discuss ongoing games, but I not only have meta-reasons to suspect him... but he's also only defending himself, not trying to scumhunt.
I have never actually played with Starbuck, but we both played in Save the Mafia and Twilight Mafia. I don't recall her being as agressive in either of the two, but I'll check again later. Have you seen Starbuck as scum before?

As for BC, I'll look into that too.

Hi FaerieLord and Sposh!!!

MME wrote:But from what I've been skimming:
- Starbuck is town
- Reck is town
Is it based on meta or play within this game only?

Deathnote wrote:Here. No opinion. Mufasa has bad posts.
Who's scum?

Mufasa wrote:sorry guys been real busy with school, at this point I am going to stick to my guns and say that BC is scum.
Who else?

FaerieLord wrote:Wickedejstr: Do you always talk so much nothing?
What?

Can everybody link their most recent town and scum games please? Thanks.
-Wickedestjr
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:08 am

Post by almightybob »

Wickedestjr wrote:Can everybody link their most recent town and scum games please? Thanks.
My only completed scum game was abandoned pretty early because my scumbuddy replaced out, then raged and outed us both. But here it is anyway.

My most recent completed Town game of a decent length is this one. I do have a more recent one, but I replaced in on D4 in LYLO and basically had to choose directly between the other two players (I chose correctly). I doubt it'd be much use for meta, but if you want to read it anyway, all my completed games are on my wiki page.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Hey almightybob. Earlier you asked how we play as scum. I'm going to throw your question back at you. How do you play as scum?

BTW, I noticed BC posting in other games in the Theme Park. Lurking? I waited for about a half hour to say something, so I think that may be the case.
-Wickedestjr
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:03 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Wickedejstr wrote:What?
Your posts have basically been back and forths on things we have already read
Or else, they were completely trivial questions

Point in case: Post 160
1: Don't make any attempt to do anything about it.

2: Just complains about it, without even giving feedback.

3: You aren't helping this game progress either.
Where you said the same thing three times. Were you trying to make your case seem more legit by adding more points?

Also,
Wickedejstr wrote:Can everybody link their most recent town and scum games please? Thanks.
No. Search for yourself if you care that much, but I doubt games that far back can be used as meta towards me.

@Almightybob: Stop telling people how the correct way to play is. Believe it or not, you can play without posting long blocks of text
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

FaerieLord wrote:
Wickedejstr wrote:What?
Your posts have basically been back and forths on things we have already read
Or else, they were completely trivial questions

Well this is the way I normally play.

FaerieLord wrote:Point in case: Post 160
1: Don't make any attempt to do anything about it.

2: Just complains about it, without even giving feedback.

3: You aren't helping this game progress either.
Where you said the same thing three times. Were you trying to make your case seem more legit by adding more points?
I think all those points are different. They may be similar, and I probably could have summarized it in one point, but I felt like separating them. Also, I am no longer holding that against him, because many other players are guilty of it as well.

FaerieLord wrote:No. Search for yourself if you care that much, but I doubt games that far back can be used as meta towards me.
Ok I'll look.
-Wickedestjr

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”