California Trilogy: City of Angels - Off Stage (Game Over)

Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 am

Post by Gaspar »

I thought we don't have advocates anymore? Is that going to change, because last scene we didn't.

VP, I think that the benefit of getting the town discussing and coordinated is worth the risk that scum might strategize around us. Deciding to have no strategy and no coordination is not exactly a way to win a game.

~elvis
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:33 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sottyrulz wrote:Hi fearmongering.

Frankly what was ignored in scene 3, and what is being ignored now is that if the advocates lie to us, we are bestowed with the ability to make them answer for it in the next scene... of course if we lynch them first and then make a choice based on distrust that we have not yet proved, then we make both a bad choice and lynch a townie.

... yay fear.

- Zachrulez
So your argument is that it's best to give the scum the advantage in the onstage scenes because we can just lynch them afterward, even though the onstage is far more important to endgame. That makes no sense whatsoever.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:37 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gaspar wrote:I thought we don't have advocates anymore? Is that going to change, because last scene we didn't.

VP, I think that the benefit of getting the town discussing and coordinated is worth the risk that scum might strategize around us. Deciding to have no strategy and no coordination is not exactly a way to win a game.

~elvis
We have advocates in scene 5 and 7, not in scene 6. So, in pre scene six we can go full bore strategize.

You are completely wrong in the other cases. Keep trying to push it though, just another reason to lynch you before endgame. I'm not participating in any strategizing session on how the scene should play out. I'll gladly give a broad based list of who I think is scum though.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:54 am

Post by sottyrulez »

VP Baltar wrote:
sottyrulz wrote:Hi fearmongering.

Frankly what was ignored in scene 3, and what is being ignored now is that if the advocates lie to us, we are bestowed with the ability to make them answer for it in the next scene... of course if we lynch them first and then make a choice based on distrust that we have not yet proved, then we make both a bad choice and lynch a townie.

... yay fear.

- Zachrulez
So your argument is that it's best to give the scum the advantage in the onstage scenes because we can just lynch them afterward, even though the onstage is far more important to endgame. That makes no sense whatsoever.
How many scum advocates have we actually had? I only know of one for a fact, and he was a dead man walking before he was even made an advocate.

How is onstage far more important to endgame?
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Gaspar »

VP, you seriously think I'm scum?

I think that the recent attacks on Gaspar are lame. Pooky says Glork is "trying to play the hero." Yeah, how horrible. We're trying to help and win the game. Since when is this a bad thing?

I'd like to point out that VP agreed about Glork playing the hero and that it was so horribly scummy. VP has a history in this game of supporting everyone else's bad ideas, sort of buddying and encouraging anti-town ideas. Whether it's "glork playing the heor is scmmy" or agreeing with ckd about everything (like not strategizing, or trying to put only town people in the lynch pool).

Anyone can have a bad idea on their own. Sometimes it's scummy, sometimes it's not. But it's so much scummier IMO to sit back and encourage bad ideas. Because it is a way to undermine the town while putting the blame on someone else.

~elvis
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:58 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Also let's not forget that the scum automatically get the worst setup possible if we lynch them down to 2 regardless of the on stage outcomes.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 am

Post by sottyrulez »

... or that town got the good choice on scene 2 despite the fact that there was a scum advocate.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:08 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Is my point getting across yet?

And hey, if the scum do pick an advocate that people don't trust, then we have the benefit of discussion now don't we?

Benefit of discussion that we can decide as town to send a message on camera to communicate whether or not we want them to trust the advocate?

If only there was a system for that...

Oh wait.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sottyrulz wrote:How many scum advocates have we actually had? I only know of one for a fact, and he was a dead man walking before he was even made an advocate.
See, you even bringing this up is benefiting scum, but hey, I guess when you are trying to feign utter cluelessness about a game, you might as well go all out.
sotty wrote:How is onstage far more important to endgame?
Because it is probably unlikely that we are going to lynch all of the scum and get our best endgame, so we may as well get as many decisions on stage correct as possible. You are aware of how the onstage choices impact endgame, aren't you?
Gaspar wrote:I'd like to point out that VP agreed about Glork playing the hero and that it was so horribly scummy. VP has a history in this game of supporting everyone else's bad ideas, sort of buddying and encouraging anti-town ideas. Whether it's "glork playing the heor is scmmy" or agreeing with ckd about everything (like not strategizing, or trying to put only town people in the lynch pool).
Yes, I have stated multiple times that I think one of you and Talilan is scum and I'm more inclinced to believe it is you. For the 118th time, read the thread. Also, your blanket accusations don't bother me in the least. But keep pouting about being called out on your scumminess. Glork has indeed severely inflated his own self importance this game. Pooky is right about that. You keep pushing the scummy idea of pre-strategizing even though I've given you legitimate reasons not to. I've yet to hear you say any specific reason why we SHOULD do it, other than you think it would be "beneficial".

Also, where did I agree with ckd about "putting only town people in the lynch pool"? I said it was a stupid idea several times. MOAR NOT READING THREAD PLZ.

sottyrulz wrote:Is my point getting across yet?
No, but you're digging a nice scummy grave. Keep it up!

People who I think need to be lynched: Starkiss, Gaspar, hewitt, Talilan, Thok

Neutral: GnB, zu_Faul, sottyrulz, Pooky

Prob town: Thesp, ckd, Shadowlurker

That's my opinion and ckd can do with it what he will when he is making his choice for the next scene.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:04 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Thok, you mention wanting to decide my lists (which btw isnt going to happen)...but you fail to provide your thoughts on who you feel should stay and go...

choices submitted....I have already changed the list once, and I can change again.

still waiting for people's thoughts...who should stay, who should go.

elvis, have you read the thread yet?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Gaspar »

I have read everything that happened while I was onstage yesterday thank you very much. So you can stop beating the elvis-doesn't-know-what-she's-talking-about drum. There's a chunk of stuff I am missing around the elmo-yos lynch, but that's it.

VP, let's be clear. During the offstage scene 4 you didn't say anything bad about ckd's decision to put all people he thought were town in the lynchpool. You asked him his reasons in post 1515, he answered in post 1518, explaining his decision to put everyone he thought was scum onstage. You didn't really respond to his post or tell him this was bad.

In fact you were saying ckd is so town and you didn't want to lynch him.

You WERE upset that you couldn't use the stuntman ability to stunt in a victim, that much is true. You did not want to lynch from the people offstage, but you did not say ckd made a bad choice. You didn't say anything bad about ckd's decision until I brought it up after the scene.
Your only problem with the situation was not being able to stunt in the victim.
You were not mad at ckd or disagreeing with his decision.

~elvis
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:11 am

if we would have gotten the fucking stuntman in and yanked either you or Starkiss out from off stage and lynched your ass(after you had time to "defend" yourself)...would you still say my choice was bad?

also, gaspar, can I see your list of who stays and goes tomorrow..in your next post, that would be great. Also, I would like to see the order of preference too..that is important.

I also offered myself up for the lynch yesterday..reasons were provided...your thoughts on that?...also I mentioned a no lynch yesterday that got absolutely NO response....thoughts on that?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:14 am

Post by sottyrulez »

curiouskarmadog wrote:if we would have gotten the fucking stuntman in and yanked either you or Starkiss out from off stage and lynched your ass(after you had time to "defend" yourself)...would you still say my choice was bad?

also, gaspar, can I see your list of who stays and goes tomorrow..in your next post, that would be great. Also, I would like to see the order of preference too..that is important.

I also offered myself up for the lynch yesterday..reasons were provided...your thoughts on that?...also I mentioned a no lynch yesterday that got absolutely NO response....thoughts on that?
I think DGB definitely needs to be left off stage.

And kept apart from VP Baltar if that's not possible.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Gaspar wrote:In fact you were saying ckd is so town and you didn't want to lynch him.
I didn't want to lynch him. What the hell is your point?

I asked him his reasoning for doing it because it probably wasn't the smartest decision to make. He gave his answers. What else could I do about it at that point? I don't think he is scum and did it on purpose. He thought for sure there was going to be a stuntman. Even if you are claiming he is scum and did it on purpose, he wouldn't have known there wasn't going to be a stuntman to still bring a scum off stage for a lynch (in which case, leaving all town players off stage would be a bad idea) I'm not going to waste time calling it a stupid decision when he already knew it was. So, yeah, get over it because you aren't actually making any sort of point that I can see.

Also, where is all this awesome strategizing you were planning on doing during the pre-scene, since I am so clearly wrong. You haven't even indicated who you think is scum or anything about keeping people on and off stage.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sottyrulz wrote:And kept apart from VP Baltar if that's not possible.
I'm the stuntman. Pretty sure I should stay off stage. :roll:
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:20 am

Post by sottyrulez »

VP Baltar wrote:
sottyrulz wrote:And kept apart from VP Baltar if that's not possible.
I'm the stuntman. Pretty sure I should stay off stage. :roll:
Oh right. I forgot to thank DGB for that... :roll:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You're right, it's DGB's fault the AP didn't do it at any point during the day despite being asked to do so many many times.
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:23 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Anyway (if I get my way), if she ends up on stage, that means you'll be off.

So what's the problem?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm pointing out that you are arguing about unnecessary things that you are wrong about to start with anyhow. Meanwhile, we haven't seen your scum/advisement list for ckd either, since you too said I was being illogical on the strategizing issue. I would think that would be your top priority.
YOUR AD HERE

sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 am

Post by sottyrulez »

VP Baltar wrote:I'm pointing out that you are arguing about unnecessary things that you are wrong about to start with anyhow. Meanwhile, we haven't seen your scum/advisement list for ckd either, since you too said I was being illogical on the strategizing issue. I would think that would be your top priority.
We will have a list once my wife catches up with the game and shares her own thoughts with me.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:33 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Nonetheless, we BOTH want DGB off stage, and we would have preferred you and DGB broken up, but given that you are the stuntman, I will concede that it is unrealistic to entertain any option that puts you on stage.
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:00 am

Post by Gaspar »

VP Baltar wrote:
Gaspar wrote:In fact you were saying ckd is so town and you didn't want to lynch him.
I didn't want to lynch him. What the hell is your point?
That you are scum. Probably ckd too.
VP wrote:Also, where is all this awesome strategizing you were planning on doing during the pre-scene, since I am so clearly wrong. You haven't even indicated who you think is scum or anything about keeping people on and off stage.
I've been pressuring the people I think are scum. If you can't figure out who that is then maybe it is YOU who is not reading.

Seriously, you expect me to catch up on a bunch of the thread that I haven't read, plus fight with you all day, and be able to strategize? All in one or two days? It's not humanly possible. Maybe beans can do it, but not me.

Also, last time Glork talked about breaking the game everyone told him he was scum trying to play the hero. You are being so unfair, and so hypocritical.

~elvis
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Gaspar »

curiouskarmadog wrote:if we would have gotten the fucking stuntman in and yanked either you or Starkiss out from off stage and lynched your ass(after you had time to "defend" yourself)...would you still say my choice was bad?
Obviously yes. I object to any plan where you pack the offstage with a group of your toadies and then rally them around somebody who is onstage and can't defend themselves. Letting them defend themself after they are stunted in is a complete farce. You're not going to change your mind after you've agreed everyone else is town and the stunted person is lynchbait.
I'm working on it.

~elvis
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:06 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

"VP, you seriously think I'm scum?

I think that the recent attacks on Gaspar are lame. Pooky says Glork is "trying to play the hero." Yeah, how horrible. We're trying to help and win the game. Since when is this a bad thing?

I'd like to point out that VP agreed about Glork playing the hero and that it was so horribly scummy. VP has a history in this game of supporting everyone else's bad ideas, sort of buddying and encouraging anti-town ideas. Whether it's "glork playing the heor is scmmy" or agreeing with ckd about everything (like not strategizing, or trying to put only town people in the lynch pool).

Anyone can have a bad idea on their own. Sometimes it's scummy, sometimes it's not. But it's so much scummier IMO to sit back and encourage bad ideas. Because it is a way to undermine the town while putting the blame on someone else."

Um, my point is that Glork is PRETENDING like he's going to Hero-Glork and save the town when he's really a scumbag with no real intention of doing so. My evidence that this is all just an act and not really hero-Glork coming to save the town is that after he went all aggressive/commanding tone on Thok/Thesp and told them to give 3-5 sentences as soon as the scene starts on EVERY player(which makes sense as Hero-Glork leading/commanding players to do shit) he didn't follow it up at all.

If this was really Hero-Glork who needed Thok/Thesp to give 3-5 sentences on each player, wouldn't you think he'd keep the heat on them to make them contribute? Instead he basically forgets all about it, which is a pretty clear sign he didn't ACTUALLY care about using their breakdowns of the game to get a good read on them or whatever the hell he wanted it for. I have nothing against Glork trying to hero-win the game for the town, heck that would be pretty awesome, but it's pretty clear now that Glork doesn't actually have anything behind that bravado besides scum intentions.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:38 am

VP, given your role, which would you prefer..going on stage or off?

which is more important right now for us to win...lynching or chosing correctly onstage and why?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”