SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:23 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

Dizzy top for scum - replaced Tzeench who did nothing all game exceot lurk to here and a dodgy role.

Rofl I'm neutral on, I don't get why he'd be so forward with his role and admit to the kill of Korlash, and I could see why a pro-town player would kill Korlash. His 'powers' are essentially pretty useless for us now - one is keeping him alive and one roleblock which can barely help us unless he gets lucky with his shot.

HH I'm neutral on, Sotty gut town on. Tar it seems to me is very unlikely to be any scum apart from an SK or other third party, and his knowledge of setup structures alone is worth keeping him around.

tubby, hascow, empking - I think they are all valid lynches as well. In fact, of the three I think hascow has the meta of someone a lot more useful than he has been (no offense, just how I'm reading it - you kinda expect Emp to be Emp.)

I'm not sure about Sajin either way, but my main point is that default status of 'lynch him because if we're wrong we might get another scum' really stinks at this point in the game. We NEED to hit scum with this lynch, and there should be no compromise, we can't afford another town lynch. Plus he'll be useful in lylo - if it ever gets down to a 3 man lylo with 1 scum, for example, we effectively have a 50/50 shot because one of the two non-sajins can hammer him.

So all in all, I just don't think scumhunting should begin and end with a 'meh, in the worst case scenario it's ok', not when it's likely we're already outnumbered.
I'm old now.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:13 am

Post by hasdgfas »

SerialClergyman wrote:In fact, of the three I think hascow has the meta of someone a lot more useful than he has been (no offense, just how I'm reading it - you kinda expect Emp to be Emp.)
None taken, I agree with you. This game has been pretty awful for me, actually, and I'm not sure why.

In addition, that entire post made me feel quite a bit better about SC compared to the read I was getting before. The looking more in-depth at Sajin is not really something I'd expect scum to do, although it's an extremely dangerous proposal if Sajin is scum.

Also, since I think it's more useful than an Empking vote at this point.

vote: DizzyIzzyB13
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:59 am

Post by roflcopter »

posting in response to prod - i'm on a trip and only have blackberry access til monday.

sajin is not so scummy that i'd be clamoring to lynch him without the supersaint claim. empking is, on the other hand, and the lack of an empking kill when percy was hiding with him is as close to 100% proof as we're going to get. if he's not the one hammering sajin, then i'm not lynching sajin.

unvote, vote: empking
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Empking »

roflcopter wrote:posting in response to prod - i'm on a trip and only have blackberry access til monday.

sajin is not so scummy that i'd be clamoring to lynch him without the supersaint claim. empking is, on the other hand, and the lack of an empking kill when percy was hiding with him is as close to 100% proof as we're going to get. if he's not the one hammering sajin, then i'm not lynching sajin.

So you're allowing Sajin to pick whether you vote Sajin or not? Does that seem clever to you?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:17 am

Post by roflcopter »

are you for real? everything you have said today has been designed to smear someone.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:22 am

Post by Empking »

roflcopter wrote:are you for real? everything you have said today has been designed to smear someone.
How so?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

that really doesn't require any explanation. you have phrased things in a way that is clearly meant to lead others to a negative conclusion about people without saying anything negative yourself.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:28 am

Post by roflcopter »

Empking wrote:
roflcopter wrote:posting in response to prod - i'm on a trip and only have blackberry access til monday.

So you're allowing Sajin to pick whether you vote Sajin or not? Does that seem clever to you?
for example, reading between the lines here, you're obviously trying to imply that sajin and i are scumpartners, but you're too spineless to come out and say it.
soi soi soi

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Empking »

roflcopter wrote:
Empking wrote:

for example, reading between the lines here, you're obviously trying to imply that sajin and i are scumpartners, but you're too spineless to come out and say it.
No it isn't.

Its saying that you shouldn't let Sajin choose whether or not to vote him because its not clever.

You can tell by the second question.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by roflcopter »

backpedal some more, scum
soi soi soi

SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:44 pm

rofl - I get your point about Empking and Percy, but why can't it be possible that the scum groups saw each other as the real threat and were aiming each other? THat's what I did in Emerald city mafia and that worked out better than aiming at town..
I'm old now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Empking »

roflcopter wrote:backpedal some more, scum
How so?
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Gorrad »

Do I have to massprod here? Post, all!
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:47 am

Sorry, move + my sister's wedding has eaten my posting opportunities.

I'd prefer to lynch someone other than Sajin. I'm going to
vote dizzy
but after empking's interactions with percy and he not finding himself dead I'm willing to switch.
I'm old now.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Empking »

Rofl; Are you scum?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Empking wrote:Rofl; Are you scum?
this!
Immoral Acts: 0
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Sironigous »

1. Hasdgfas - ???
3. DizzyIzzyB13 (Tzeentch) - ?, leaning scum
4. Sotty7 (Slicey) - ?, leaning scum
9. Empking - ?, leaning scum
13. SerialClergyman - ?, very scum or very town
15. Head_Honcho - ?, leaning scum
17. roflcopter - ????
19. Sajin (xRECKONERx) - very scum or very town
24. Tubby216 (ZazieR) - ?, leaning scum
25. Tarhalindur - T or SK

As you can see, I'm completely confused right now.

The only reason I haven't completely confirmed Tar was because of his massive speculation on roles and set up, which, from experience, is a pretty good way to distract the town.

I'mma have to elaborate later.
Trinka Trinka!
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

I was hoping to find a good case to articulate this through, but it never really arose and I figure I should just post this.

I think has, tar, and rofl are probably scum. I am most confident on Tar right now just because I think it is really unlikely that such a thorough player as a townie would suddenly go from not mentioning Empking at all to 'hey guys I suddenly want to lynch this player who will be super easy to get lynched'. Second choice I would vote for rofl just because hasdgdkjfalkj has been giving me slightly better vibes this game. I feel strongly that Fishy was killed in an effort to make the Empking lynch more viable, and that scumEmpking would not be so obvious as to murder a fish. I have no meta or past experience with Empking to back that up but I think he is more deliberate than he makes himself appear.

and without undue adieu
unvote? vote: Tarhalindur
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:30 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

As I mentioned in a previous post, it bothers me greatly that Tar was apparently not 'convinced' of a Percy lynch, which to me says he is at least slightly more convinced Percy was town(telling the truth) than scum, which to me says he was slightly more convinced Percy was a hider which should have raised suspicions about Empking to be addressed yesterday. Especially as he had become quite a presence in the town, surely support of an alternate wagon (which he should have found as reasonable yesterday as today, where more is at stake) from the one he was not convinced of would have made that alternate wagon a much more viable possibility, and at least would have been a nontrivial effort.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:52 am

Post by Empking »

Tar: Can you remind me why you're obvtown?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Sajin »

I agree with Tar not being obv town. Although I did find it humorous how he did not want to hammer me.

@Dizzy- Is tar scum or town? Please give reasons.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:54 am

Post by tubby216 »

wait i thought we were lynching sajin/?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:31 am

I think using setup speculation to suspect Tar is a) not reasonable considering meta and b) not entirely reasonable in this game at all. He's taken the initiative and really thought it out when the rest of us have been less prolific so to come around and say h's scummy for that is a bit of a slap in the face.

The point about Empking and Percy is excellent though. We haven't talked about Percy's townflip nearly enough - the fact noone chose to take out empking and get a 2-fer including a power role really does point to emp as scummy (scum took qwints when given the chance, for example, didn't bother leaving him around for WIFOM questions about fake counterclaims.) So for Tar not to care about the significance of that, and gloss over it whenever someone mentions it (I think rofl did earlier) is a solid scumtell.

But for that to be true, he'd have to be part of the scum, not just an SK. I think that's unlikely given we have a not discontinued investigation on him and he was himself (and still is) the one who brought up and pushed the idea of the 'mysterious' scumgroup.

From my perspective, I think empking looks the worst out of everything. I don't think there's enough to look at lynching Tar when empking is the scummier example and most of tar's possible scumminess hinges on whether empking is scum or not.
I'm old now.
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 am

So to put my money where my mouth is,

unvote, vote Empking
I'm old now.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Uh, guys, I hadn't bothered noting the lack of Empking kill N2 because there's plenty of good reasons to explain it every possible scum group except unrevealed/SK had a good reason not to go after Empking N2:

- There was a living doc N2, and we KNOW the discontinued kill went there. (Caveat, they could have used Korlash's second shot to kill Empking instead... but even if Empking is town they might not have wanted to waste the shot, and why not just kill the doc outright that night and leave Percy, at least, as a distraction D3?)
- Empking wasn't Halfpixel, so Artist Team wasn't interested in him at all.

An SK, if there is one, could have been inactive N2. Unrevealed faction, if it exists (probable), probably killed Korlash instead N2... not sure why, but even for unrevealed there would a perfectly good reason to leave Empking alive N2 - keeping Empking alive keeps both Percy and Empking available as future mislynches.

There's one more possible explanation to keep in mind... there is probably a doc protect floating around on N2. It's possible somebody killed Empking and got blocked by Mufasa before his death.

* - keep in mind that I've been making it clear I think Empking is Discontinued for
a while. That's actually the problem - given my belief that we have either multiscum or 5 Discontinued and an SK, I'm not sure Discontinued is our best lynch for the day.

More later, short on time.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”