Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:18 am

Post by skitzer »

foilist13 wrote:Iguana, I appreciate your opinions, but this illustrates my point exactly. You've mentioned four people leaving 15 others (not including you) any four of whom could be scum. If they are scum they would be doing just fine since there are so many people here it would be ridiculously easy to slip by.
I understand what you are getting at here, but it's still a little bit of a stretch to have every player mention every other player in every single post they make. People aren't ignoring the others; they are just putting them aside for the time being to pursue more viable cases.

Iguana: I find your inconsistency on your positionings of Scott Brosius and Flava Flave on your list interesting, especially when you said earlier that Scott was only likely town. It's just something I think a scum partner would do to another scum partner (in this case Flava Flave), so that it appeared that the player was at least somewhat suspicious of that person. Also, why are yabbaguy and Pomegranate on your Scummy list?
Nikanor wrote:I'm too lazy to actually address everything I want to, so I'll just say this:
As the first to point out the obvious and call my behaviour in this game townish, Blastinus earns himself big town-points, especially since I'm an opposing bandwagon for him. In fact, I'm confident enough to Unvote.
(Correct me if I'm wrong about the 'first to call Nik's behaviour protown' thing. Just tell me if you said it before now, and I'll award town-points accordingly).

Blurgh. This post makes me sick. If someone said my play was townish, it doesn't make them town in my eyes. That doesn't make logical sense.
Plus, for everyone who's keeping track, there was an emoticon in this post before i lazy-quoted it.

Then, in the next post, Blastinus finishes the lovey-dovey connection by unvoting Nikanor. Awww. Also, I doubt WarWound is faking.

Unvote.

dramonic wrote:After a reread, Iguana has skyrocketed in scumminess through buddying and other amusing little factors like unexplained reads that could have been obtained with a randomized list.
I don't see this. Except for a few inconsistencies, Iguana's list matches up with his play so far. I think this is a bit of a stretch.
Grimmy wrote:huh?
what?
speak up sonny. cant hear like I used to...

Anywho...
stop calling me VAYA.

and get off my lawn!

Grimmy
cranky old bastard

(ill read up and get back to all of you soon enough..its time for my jello...)
breadcrumbing doesn't work here, BTW.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 am

Post by WarWound »

dramonic wrote:After a reread, Iguana has skyrocketed in scumminess through buddying and other amusing little factors like unexplained reads that could have been obtained with a randomized list.

Unvote
Vote: Iguana
who is iguana buddying with exactly and unexplained reads?
I am a soldier
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Pomegranate »

Nikanor wrote:
Blastinus wrote:it's only "bad reasoning" because it's a vote against you. You said yourself that NOT jumping on a bandwagon is anti-town, therefore by voting to get rid of you, like four other people, I must be pro-town. Unless you're saying that your previous statement only applies to bandwagons that aren't against you.
Not true. Other people have given understandable justification for their vote.
Also, your reasoning was not that you wanted to look more pro-town by following what I said and jumping on a wagon. Your reasoning was that (and I'm saying it this way because you did not correct my previous post) I was not tunnelling. That is bad reasoning, and not even understandable of a town player in the least.
This posts seems very contradictory to me. First it's "Vote for players with bandwagons on them! If you don't you're acting anti-town!" Then it's "Well, it counts as pro-town for the four people on my bandwgon, but not for
you
! You're
not
voting for me because you want to look pro-town, but because I'm a hypocrite. Therefore you must be scum!"
Nikanor wrote:I'm too lazy to actually address everything I want to, so I'll just say this:
As the first to point out the obvious and call my behaviour in this game townish, Blastinus earns himself big town-points, especially since I'm an opposing bandwagon for him. In fact, I'm confident enough to
Unvote
(Correct me if I'm wrong about the 'first to call Nik's behaviour protown' thing. Just tell me if you said it before now, and I'll award town-points accordingly). :D
This is saying "I'm to lazy to actually defend myself, so I'll say this: Blastinus is town because he agrees with me. I that's my defense."

I'm
not
liking Nikanor, so
Vote: Nikanor
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Flava Flave »

My bad, guys. Been busy.
12Keyblade wrote:
Flava Flave wrote: I also think Keyblade is trying to post as much as possible so he doesn't look like a lurker. He hasn't really said much of value though.
I was waiting for the end of RVS. Found it!

God, I love early bandwagons on me.
Why "wait" for it instead of helping the process? Why does the RVS end with a wagon on you?
12Keyblade wrote: /concur in a half-serious manner.
So are you being serious or not?
dramonic wrote:@FF: your ISO 2 and 3 really rub me the wrong way.
Elaborate.
foilist13 wrote:No of course it is not a serious vote. I'm am still reading the thread carefully to see if I can find anything, and until then I am participating solely through my vote.
If something doesn't come up soon, I'd be happy to lynch you.
Pomegranate wrote: Oh, and to answer the question, not really.
Scummy.
foilist13 wrote:There are several players following the same pattern as 12kb. Why is he a more logical choice for a bandwagon than you?
What pattern are you referring to?
Iguana wrote: By the way, WW is also town.
Why?
yabbaguy wrote: Flava's first vote got my attention probably due to its abrupt nature
Why?
Pomegranate wrote:Okay, hi everyone, I'm back. Some thoughts:

I'm liking Iguana, Scott, and Yabbaguy. I get a town feel from WW.

I don't see anything in the 12kb wagon. In a game like this, D1 and D2 include a lot of lurking. I think that there will always be lurking at the beginning of large games, due to the fact that people can get away with it.

WW: I know Etherealcookie; I'm in another game with him.
All town reads, no scum reads. Hmm. I think Pom is probably scum.
Toro wrote:Gimme a B!
Gimme a U!
Gimme a D!
Gimme a D!
Gimme a Y!
Gimme an I!
Gimme an N!
Gimme a G!

What's that spell!?

GOTCHA!!!
Who is this directed at and why?
Pomegranate wrote:Col, one of those games was a newbie and the other one only had seven players. I play large games differently; I generally do some lurking D1 to get a feel of the players.
And posting hurts getting a "feel", how?
Pomegranate wrote: I'm
not
liking Nikanor, so
Congrats. Your first suspicion. Too bad it's not an original one.
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Flava Flave »

Scumlist:
Keyblade
Pom
foilist
dramonic
Blast
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Iguana
Iguana
Townie
Iguana
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Iguana »

skitzer wrote:Iguana: I find your inconsistency on your positionings of Scott Brosius and Flava Flave on your list interesting, especially when you said earlier that Scott was only likely town. It's just something I think a scum partner would do to another scum partner (in this case Flava Flave), so that it appeared that the player was at least somewhat suspicious of that person. Also, why are yabbaguy and Pomegranate on your Scummy list?
SB is far more obviously town then FF is, at the same time SB is still not my top town pick. The order in the groups is insignificant, its just by OP order. FF looks town, I just dont think he is quite as town as the other two, he is more town then the other leaning town players though. If I put in a category between the two, he would be there alone. Im not going to vote anyone I lean town though, they would be my 'protect as doctor' list with SB/WW getting the bodyguard status. I dont want to go into scummy/cop too much, since cop should be checking null to gut read players who most of the town has as null. I guess you can say vig all slight scummy players.

Anyways.

For YG, he works as a partner to just about all of my suspects who transcend the 'gut' category. Its not a strong thing, which is why I am not adovcating a lynch of him, but it is something that makes him slightly scummy.

Pom is actually my second pick for scum, I dont want to case build in the office, but I will try to at home.
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:25 am

Post by WarWound »

skitzer wrote: Also, I doubt WarWound is faking.
thank you :D and also ya i dont understand the the against iguana
I am a soldier
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:25 am

Post by WarWound »

"edit" vote against iguana...
I am a soldier
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Flava Flave: So you want to lynch me because you can't think of anyone else?

Also my random vote was shockingly in the random voting stage, go look at when the vote was.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Iguana, don't tell scum what you'd do with any night actions you may or may not have. Also, don't respond to this.

Foilist, no. I want to lynch Keyblade or Pom. Where'd you get that idea?
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Oh, you probably misread "if something doesn't come up". I meant if you don't post opinions.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by dramonic »

WarWound wrote:who is iguana buddying with exactly and unexplained reads?
Flava. unexplained read as in his scum list has no explanation behind it at all.
Flava Flave wrote:
dramonic wrote:@FF: your ISO 2 and 3 really rub me the wrong way.
Elaborate.
ISO 2: The backpedaling is very clear, it's even stated in the quoted post. Also, there is never a bad time for overzealous suspicions

ISO 3: How is the fact HH confirmed twice indicative of scum? Why is Iguana scumcoaching you? Why would random voting at the point in your post be anti-town? Your vote at that point was just as terrible as a random vote, and unless you get a scumread on someone a random vote is better than no vote at all.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Flava Flave wrote:
not
liking Nikanor, so
Well, as I never saw the explanations I gave given, I contributed them myself.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:18 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

It was a question. I didn't see backpedaling, so I asked.

I don't see anything at all as "overzealous". If someone does something scummy, jump on it. This is especially true in the early game when you want reactions from people.

lol he confirmed twice? Didn't see that.

I don't see how Iguana has done anything that can be seen as coaching.

Random voting is anti-town because it's pointless and a waste of time.

What was wrong with my vote? I was looking for a reaction from Honcho and got one. I'm pretty sure he's town.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

Pomegranate wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:
not
liking Nikanor, so
Well, as I never saw the explanations I gave given, I contributed them myself.
Who else is scummy?
WarWound
WarWound
Goon
WarWound
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by WarWound »

Pomegranate wrote:Well, as I never saw the explanations I gave given, I contributed them myself.
what in gods name does that mean?
I am a soldier
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by dramonic »

Flava Flave wrote:
yabbaguy wrote: I don't know what the hell Flava-85's up to.
Voting who I think is scum.
Oh rly?
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Head_Honcho
Head_Honcho
Goon
Head_Honcho
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Head_Honcho »

Thought I asked this in my VI post but apparently I forgot. Yabba, why so quick to defend Zwet? Why so quick to label me scummy for pushing him for (active) lurking?

I could be convinced on Pom if the wagon she was hopping was anyone but Nikanor, but Nik remains one of my favorite scum candidates today.

I feel like it's been a while since we've had anything from Snow Bunny, plz2involve yourself

Also
skitzer wrote:
foilist13 wrote:Iguana, I appreciate your opinions, but this illustrates my point exactly. You've mentioned four people leaving 15 others (not including you) any four of whom could be scum. If they are scum they would be doing just fine since there are so many people here it would be ridiculously easy to slip by.
I understand what you are getting at here, but it's still a little bit of a stretch to have every player mention every other player in every single post they make. People aren't ignoring the others; they are just putting them aside for the time being to pursue more viable cases.
This. I am always very skeptical of people who make sweeping posts about how everyone could be scum as it is basically equivalent to posting about nobody and simply casting a wide net.
Immoral Acts: 0
Blastinus
Blastinus
Townie
Blastinus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Blastinus »

Flava Flave wrote:Scumlist:
Keyblade
Pom
foilist
dramonic
Blast
.......Elaborate, if you would. You've been quoting everyone else on that list, but nothing from me. I'm curious as to what I've been doing that makes me scummy, if you don't mind me asking.

Also, true to my word, I haven't seen anything from Keyblade, so I'm voting for him.

Vote: Keyblade
Have pity on the weak. Kill the strong guys first.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

dramonic wrote:
Flava Flave wrote:
yabbaguy wrote: I don't know what the hell Flava-85's up to.
Voting who I think is scum.
Oh rly?
Yeah, you like the reaction from Honcho or not?
Blastinus wrote: .......Elaborate, if you would. You've been quoting everyone else on that list, but nothing from me. I'm curious as to what I've been doing that makes me scummy, if you don't mind me asking.
I think it was a gut feeling from one of your posts. Very minor though. That's why you are last on the list.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:10 am

Post by dramonic »

@FF: He's not reacting to your lie, that much is clear
I'm a hoot
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Huh? How does your activity and contribution to the game has anything to do with feeling other players? That's something you're doing by reading and analyzing their posts, not by lurking...
Flava Flave wrote:And posting hurts getting a "feel", how?
Pom, you ignored those questions, and IMO deliberately, as you even answered other FF's question from his post.

So far, happy with my vote.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 am

Post by semioldguy »

Vote Count 4:

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

12keyblade
(5) – Hyl, Flava Flave, Iguana, WarWound, Blastinus
Nikanor
(2) – 12keyblade, Pomegranate
Blastinus
(1) – Scott Brosius
zwetschenwasser
(1) – Head_Honcho
Dramonic
(1) – Snow_Bunny
Iguana
(1) – Dramonic
Pomegranate
(1) – Col.Cathart

Not Voting (8) –
zwetschenwasser, Toro, Grimmy, YankCane151, yabbaguy, Nikanor, foilist13, skitzer

Notes:

* Prod sent to: Snow_Bunny
* 12Keyblade has 24 hours to respond to his prod before I search for his replacement.
* Deadline for the end of Day One is on Thursday, November 5 at 2:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Dramonic is scum.
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Flava Flave »

Dramonic, what the hell are you talking about?

Zwet, can we lynch Keyblade or Pom first?

Return to “Completed Open Games”