The Dark Goma Mafia: Massacre of the Cloth (Game Over)

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:10 am

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:Dramonic's line of theory is in complete contrast to my own. For me the logical scum player is nonconfrontational and takes a relatively back seat for the game (especially the early part of the game) trying to remain aloof and off the radar.
Is that what I'm doing? "Cuz I'm on your scum list, hahahahhahahah.
DrippingGoofball wrote: Your placements of Vaya and Dramonic are based on vague metas that are completely unsupported by anything likely of convincing anyone else.
Agreed they are mostly based on my experience with the two. However there are commonalities that we should agree upon.

Vaya is one of the less active players and coasting, agree? Dramonic believes scum are forefrontal and confrontational players correct? Do you think these two beliefs/styles resemble that of a town person?

You're scum for totally different reasons.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Benmage »

Fixed:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:Dramonic's line of theory is in complete contrast to my own. For me the logical scum player is nonconfrontational and takes a relatively back seat for the game (especially the early part of the game) trying to remain aloof and off the radar.
Is that what I'm doing? "Cuz I'm on your scum list, hahahahhahahah.
DrippingGoofball wrote: Your placements of Vaya and Dramonic are based on vague metas that are completely unsupported by anything likely of convincing anyone else.
Agreed they are mostly based on my experience with the two. However there are commonalities that we should agree upon.

Vaya is one of the less active players and coasting, agree? Dramonic believes scum are forefrontal and confrontational players correct? Do you think these two beliefs/styles resemble that of a town person?

You're scum for totally different reasons.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Kise »

;) @ SpyreX

I know when dramonic is playing as scum. This is not one of those games. I'm willing to bet my cat's virginity on it.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 am

Post by SocioPath »

VP Baltar wrote:Hey sociopath, since you are apparently following the game enough to jump on the shiniest bandwagon, how's about you answer my questions....
I missed it, cause the same question keeps coming up, and I keep answering it, which makes you scummy in my eyes.
(And this isn't a 'miss it once and its buried in 80 pages' kind of keep asking either.)

I didn't like Plum's reaction to KMD's Daykill. She thought it was a new and miraculous tool, when KMD was like the 3rd+ trying to fake a Daykill.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

But what if your cat is a slut already? HOW CAN WE KNOW? WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM

Nah, I'm alright with dramonic. I'll give you that. You are a mystery but not a bad one. Although I'd really prefer you kick it up a notch come tomorrow after we lynch KS.

HINT: LYNCH KS. SPEED WAGON. GO GO.

Please.

Please.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:23 am

Post by SocioPath »

SpyreX wrote:HINT: LYNCH KS. SPEED WAGON. GO GO.

Please.

Please.
I still want to see an Elmo vote. (A vote from him, not on him.)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:25 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Is VP Baltar not voting scope?

Baltar may be scum guise.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:32 am

Post by SocioPath »

Papa Zito wrote:Is VP Baltar not voting scope?

Baltar may be scum guise.
Maybe scum with Vaya, since he also rubbed me the wrong way for similar reasons.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Kise »

My cat is a born-again virgin. I made sure divinity put a padlock on the pussy cat. But I digress. This isn't furries, this is flurries [and death].

I honestly would have been on the Ben wagon sooner if he didn't clarify that he wasn't serious with the VT claim. Maybe I missed it, Spy, but what makes Ben town if KS is mafia?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 am

Post by SpyreX »

It DOESNT make Ben TOWN(TM) if KS is mafia. However, it doesn't make logistical sense for Zito to shift the wagon from scum to scum as much as from scum - town.

I'd be delving into that HUGE POST HISTORY of KS tomorrow if scum before I went a direction. (Note, this means the inteactions with other people and KS because, swish on that history itself).

Anywho, totally fine with this lynch.
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:56 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sociopath wrote:I missed it, cause the same question keeps coming up, and I keep answering it, which makes you scummy in my eyes.
So you are claiming that you missed it because it was there a lot of times...oooook.

Also, your answer makes no sense as to why you would want to block Plum, so it fails to answer my question. I'll try to be more specific. What about her reaction to Kmd's daykill made you think she was more likely to be scum than anyone else, thus causing you to block her? (Hint: the answer isn't that you "didn't like it")

Or to put it yet another way, what about her reaction made you think it was more likely to come from a scum player than a town player?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 am

Post by SocioPath »

VP Baltar wrote:
Sociopath wrote:I missed it, cause the same question keeps coming up, and I keep answering it, which makes you scummy in my eyes.
So you are claiming that you missed it because it was there a lot of times...oooook.
I answered a lot of times.
VP Baltar wrote:Or to put it yet another way, what about her reaction made you think it was more likely to come from a scum player than a town player?
The genuineness of her reaction seemed forced.

Here is a question: Of all the night choices out there, why is mine getting the third degree?

I'm not going to delve out all the knowledge of how I determine who to RB, lest paranoid scum tries to out my style and try to outguess me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:43 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Benmage wrote:
Nope. Not seeing any commonalities for us to agree upon. Did you mention them?
Benmage wrote:Vaya is one of the less active players and coasting, agree? Dramonic believes scum are forefrontal and confrontational players correct? Do you think these two beliefs/styles resemble that of a town person?
I happen to disagree about Vaya. I can't quote ongoing games.
Benmage wrote:You're scum for totally different reasons.
Great case! Like the rest of your so-called cases.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Are you going to read the next line...Seriously why the fuck make this comment. fuckina. fluff is for scum, oh mighty fluffmaster.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:Vaya is one of the less active players and coasting, agree? Dramonic believes scum are forefrontal and confrontational players correct? Do you think these two beliefs/styles resemble that of a town person?
Zomg the next line. You got to it...and read it! Hooray! I said Vaya is a less active player here and seems to be coasting. 2 parts, do you agree with either....this is referencing this game alone...nothing else.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
This isn't meant to be a case numbnuts just a statement that you differ from them, because in the post I was responding to it looked like you thought I was associating your scumminess with theirs.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 pm

Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Are you going to read the next line...Seriously why the fuck make this comment. fuckina. fluff is for scum, oh mighty fluffmaster.
The mighty fluffmaster will speak. Silence!

I've seen Vaya LESS active as scum. Dramonic has been very townie and his belief that "scum are forefrontal and confrontational players correct" is voodoo - but frankly I think his scumdar is more grounded in common sense than yours, which is mired in nebulous metas.
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Zomg the next line. You got to it...and read it! Hooray! I said Vaya is a less active player here and seems to be coasting. 2 parts, do you agree with either....this is referencing this game alone...nothing else.
I COMPLETELY disagree about Vaya.
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
This isn't meant to be a case numbnuts just a statement that you differ from them, because in the post I was responding to it looked like you thought I was associating your scumminess with theirs.
That's because I do exactly what you accuse them off - and I do it even more.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Benmage »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:
The mighty fluffmaster will speak. Silence!

I've seen Vaya LESS active as scum.
Maybe so, but shes taken a back seat here. Have you seen her like this as town before? I haven't.
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I COMPLETELY disagree about Vaya.
Do you think shes one of the more active players here?
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Benmage wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
That's because I do exactly what you accuse them off - and I do it even more.
This is simply false. You dont share dracs screwy line of logic. And you aren't a less active player/coaster as I have stated what I think of Vaya.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

sp wrote:The genuineness of her reaction seemed forced.
And that was the scummiest thing you saw in the entirity of day 1?
sp wrote:Of all the night choices out there, why is mine getting the third degree?
Because it doesn't make sense from a town perspective to block Plum. Also, I'd hardly call asking you a brief set of questions on it "the third degree". And you're probably a scum roleblocker, as I said before.
SP wrote:I'm not going to delve out all the knowledge of how I determine who to RB, lest paranoid scum tries to out my style and try to outguess me.
So you are claiming that other things helped you to determine your block but if you revealed them the scum would undoubtedly be able to out WIFOM you and kill away. That's hilarious.

You are caught scumbag. Now help us lynch your buddy benmage.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I dig VP ish but WHY would SP come out and claim a RB on Plum when she was confirming Tubby?
Show

Proud member of BaM
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:I dig VP ish but WHY would SP come out and claim a RB on Plum when she was confirming Tubby?
He scum group A thinking he caught someone in scum group B to freely ride the town train for awhile.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Which is cool and all I guess except for the fact unless I'm missing something huge there isn't solid ground for two scum groups and EVEN if there were having a group-aligned scum flip would be a net gain of 0.

Meh
Show

Proud member of BaM
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, my dear watson, as I pointed out before, his culpability as a scum roleblocker is very little. I believe he did indeed block Plum and I think when she claimed to have a night action, he saw it as an opportunity to get easy town points off of a player who was clearly lying. Now, had Plum been lynched, we would have had three possible outcomes:

1) She flips town-This doesn't reflect great on SP, but he honestly would have thought she was lying, so not only is this unlikely in his mind, but he does in fact have the truth on his side to defend himself if this did happen. Plus, the WIFOM of it is exactly what you are arguing. No one is going to believe that a scum would come out with a fake block on D2 just to get one mislynch. Cost-benefit ratio is whack.

2)She flips an opposing scum faction-Major town points for SP here, particularly if he is of the scum faction that is opposite of known scum KK.

3) She flips third party-More town points for SP. Perhaps not as strong as if she flipped mafia, but still looks good and could be enough to get a free pass to endgame.

I think people were quick to dismiss the scum scenarios where SP would come out and claim his block, and I really hate his explanation of why he would block Plum over every other player in the game. I mean, if you can't find a better scum target than that in this game, you are just not trying in my opinion.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I agree about Plum not making sense.

I just have a hard time stomaching thinking in this setup assuming two scum factions that claiming a role that, in comparison to what we've seen, could screw the OTHER factions plans up would not be a fatty NK target.

Not to mention that RB is one of those claims I wouldn't think someone would thrust out as SUPER TOWN.

Now, I guess Plum's secret "mason" friend could be a scum partner and there is some kinda wild wacky rolecopping going on and SP comes out with "trap sprung" roleblock but... day 2? This many alive?

I don't like it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm

SpyreX wrote:Not to mention that RB is one of those claims I wouldn't think someone would thrust out as SUPER TOWN.
Xactly.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Benmage »

SpyreX wrote:Which is cool and all I guess except for the fact unless I'm missing something huge there isn't solid ground for two scum groups and EVEN if there were having a group-aligned scum flip would be a net gain of 0.

Meh
I'm just thinking that one scum group in a game with 27 players all with PRs would be a very big and beefy scum group. So i dont think one is plausible. Maybe one and a cult or some other strong third party.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

DGB, you didnt answer my next line.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”